Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What happened that night at the masquerade... (Krystal x Orpheus001)

Krystal had been preparing for this masquerade for weeks. She had put it all together under her own power, planning every little detail herself. She was ver proud of how it had come out, the theme of the masquerade being Mardi Gras. Foods of all kinds lined the edges of the ballroom, with round tables in each balcony save one for eating and relaxing, purple gold and green streamers lining the intricately painted ceiling, a DJ on the last balcony, and decorations all around. When she felt that the ball room was up to her standards, she smiled and walked back to her room, going to put her clothes on for the night.

Krystal jumped into the shower, washing out her long dark hair. She wanted this night to be perfect, and hopefulky meet the man of her dreams tonight. The woman had been very lonely since her son had left. She had always supported the boy's dreams, and that had created a rift between she and her husband. He cared only for power, and in his eyes, his son's dreams were not in that plan. Krystal was now stuck in a loveless marriage and it felt as though she had no way out. She wantedbsomething better than this.

When Krystal got out of the shower, the first thing she did was dry and straighten her hair. While she was known for her lovely dark curly locks, tonight she wished to be anonymous as she danced. She put her hair up in a simple yet pretty updo, attaching a tiara to her head and then going to get her beautiful blue ballgown which she'd selected for the night. Once in her lingire, she stepped into the dress easily before doing her makeup, spritzing on some perfume, lastly, stepping into her blue stilettos and tying the mask on behind her head. "Let this night be the one I find something or someone better." she said softly, walking out to the ballroom which was in a separate building from the mansion.

Mathew Wytte had been quite distant from his family ever since he had left highschool. They never agreed with his career choices and he didn't want to become just another figure head in the family business, he wanted to make something of himself and thus left the family home at a young age. He had persued his dream and it had paid off, he was now CEO of a IT company and at 21 he was quickly becoming one of the richest guys in the country.

It came to him as a surprise when he found out that the family annual ball was a masquerade this year and he decided that it was a good idea to maybe visit the family behind a mask. These parties were huge and most of the time family members brought outsiders along with them, luckily for him it was the perfect way to into the party without being noticed. So Mathew decided it was what he would do that night. Attend the Family Masquerade. The night was starry and the decorations were just as good as they were every year. It was being held in their mansion which was expected.

He walked into the party looking around the place he saw no one that he recognized but he didn't yet engage in conversation with anyone. He was clad in a black suit with a grey tie. He had never dressed like this when he was still living with his parents. So when he saw a bar he decided it was the best way to observe the party without being sticking out. Turning his attention to the bartender he told him to get a vodka straight up and decided to hold his drink for a while as he observed the crowd.

Krystal looked around the ballroom, making sure every detail was still in place. Even though she knew things were probably fine, the woman still worried. When satisfied that everything was going according to plan, she walked over to the bar and ordered herself a strawberry Margarita. She sipped it slowly, salvoring the taste of the silver tequila as it went down, trying not to be to nervous. She gad worked so hard on thisbpsrty and feared something going wrong.

Krystal sipped her margarita, just watching the people dancing sround the ballroom happily. She took in a breath. "They seem to like the party this year" she thought to herself, her body relafing just slightly more. She noticed the man near her at the bar, thogh she didn't quite approach. "How odd for them to decide to make it a Masquerade this year, isn't it?" She asked the man sort of nonchalantly, twirling one of the curls she'd left at her ears around her finger. She was intrigued by this man, even if she felt like she knew him. There was just something about him she liked she couldn't put her finger on.

Krystal sipped at her margarita, watching the crowd. She could guess at who certain people were, but even she didn't know for sure. The main rule of the ball this year wasn't that you could not take off your mask. If you desired to, there were rooms that lined the ballroom, each with a different theme, where you could relax with someone. Only then if both parties decided to reveal their identities and take off the mask, were you allowed. The point of this balance was to remain anonymous, and to be someone else for a night. Still, Krystal could not relax. She was to worried about something going wrong. It weighed on her, even if it were a silly fear. She'd prepared for every possible accident.

Mathew didn't really expect anyone to talk to him, He thought he was mixing in well enough or rather staying far enough away from people to get caught. Deciding it was best to avoid people incase someone recognized him. It was then that he heard someone talk to him. He turned his attention to see the woman sitting besides him at the bar in his own thoughts he had failed to notice her at all and what a mistake it seemed to be because she was quite an eyeful. Or so it seemed from the way she was dressed.

"Well I believe Masquerade is an interesting concept, seeing as no one knows who the other is, makes it more fun, a chance for people to do things or say things they otherwise never would" he said with a light smile as he sipped on his drink lightly and said "So tell me what is a good looking lady like you doing here, by herself drinking at a bar, shouldn't you be with a rich man dancing the night away?" he asked her playfully. Even as he joked he could tell that there was a familiarity in her voice that he couldn't quite pinpoint. This bothered him a little as he was thinking he might be chatting up his cousin or something.

It was true he had not expected women to be sitting at the bar at this party, after all she was looking quite ravishing it was hard to believe noone had talked to her yet. Or gotten her attention. Either it was his lucky day or maybe she was quite hard to catch. Mathew took a sip of his drink and took one more glance at his surroundings to make sure her boyfriend or husband wasn't coming along behind her and said "How about after we are done with these, we can maybe catch a song or two on the dance floor?" He asked.

Krystal nodded. "Hmm, a valid point you make there. I suppose I hadn't thought of that." She admitted with a shrug, taking another sip of her drink. She relaxed against the bar, smiling a little as she watched all the people dancing and having fun, proud of her work. She had been working on this party for months, so it was a relief to have it finally come to fruition. Krystal sighed a bit. "I planned this party. Every little detail was my doing. I couldn't just not come. Yeah, maybe. If my husband James wanted anything to do with me." She admitted, sipping her margarita and relaxing by the bar. She was content just people watching for the moment.

Krystal smiled ablittle, a small blush on her usually pale cheeks. "I'd like that. I haven't danced in what feels like forever." She told him, sipping at her drink a bit. Life had been very lonely for her since James and her more or less separated, having different ideas onbwhat their son should do in life. What was once love was now only broken pieces of a record, the only reason for her staying was to keep up appearences. She was rich on her own, but it wasn't proper for a woman to file divorce papers. She

Mathew smiled a little when she said she had planned every part of the party, At first he thought about it then wondered maybe it was just the event manager or something. He didn't take it to mind and didn't even consider the fact the woman behind the mask could be his mother. When he realized that she was married although not very happily he couldn't help but wonder if she would accept the invitation to dance he had made only a moment ago. He watched her as she smiled and blushed it was clear from her cheeks that she was blushing.

He smiled on her acceptance and said "Well it would be a shame if you didn't dance in your own party" He said with a light grin as he held his hand out for her and finished his drink off. He was ready to lead her to the center of the ball room where everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. He took her hand into his as soon as she offered it and smiled pulling her closer as the two walked towards the center of the room "Did I tell you?, you make that dress look quite exquisite" he said leaning into her side in a whisper as they reached the center. The song wasn't anything romantic but it was still at a mild pace which meant they would be dancing slow. So he slipped his hand around her waist and pulled her closer looking into her eyes and slowly started moving to the music.

Krystal smiled, cuckling softly as she finished off her drink. "That is true, it woukd be a shame." She told him, taking his hand when offered, still blushing lightly. It had been years since anyone had treated her like this and it was a welcome change. The woman had been so lonely since her husband had more ornless deserted her, and she craved contact like a touch starved cat.

Krystal blushed as he complimented her. "Thank you, younlook quite handsome in that suit." She said, a small smile appearongbon her face as they danced. She made a gesture t o the orchestra that played, and they started t o playbsomething from before both their times. "This song is so beautiful, despite it being from my parents and grandparents time. There's always been something about big band music that i've loved." She admitted, and he would be able yo see in her expression that the woman he danced with was secretly wanting yo sing with that band. She had always wanted to be a singer, but her father wouldn't let her, instead making her heiress yo his company, as his only daughter.

Mathew had half expected her to reject his offer or at the very least he had expected there to be a little awkwardness after all they barely knew each other, and they were dancing. It wasn't something that happened everyday, the way she held onto him it was clear that she was more than happy to oblige. He watched her with a smile as she motioned for the orchestra to change the song and it did.

It wasn't a song he hadn't heard before, the tune sounded familiar but he had no idea where he had heard it. In that moment it was really hard to place the song because he was quite taken with his partner. And the way she moved it seemed almost like they were a perfect match. His hands slipped to her waist and held her against his body they moved to the tune he could see her lips moving he could tell she was singing along with the music "That is a nice tune, I have to admit, would be nice to know the lyrics" he said to her in a whisper. He didn't mind if she sung along he was enjoying her company and it seemed he wasn't the only one.

Krystal smiled at him brightly, and you could see from the look in her eyes that she was very lonely. Her husband wouldn't even sleep in the same bed with her anymore. It seemed like she was always crying, trying to make herself feel better. She was more than happy yo dance with him, enjoying the feel of being so close to someone.

Krystal blushed when he noticed she'd been singing. "Its just an old love songbfrom the forties. I used yo sing it to my son as a lullaby. But he wants nothing to do with me anymore. Seems like nobody does." She said softly asbthey danced, singing just slightly louder now. She didn't want to steal the show. Krystal had always preferred to simplh relax and watch rather than be the center of attention like her husband.

Mathew had no idea that she sung that song to him as a lullaby even though he could place the song somewhat he had no idea that this was his mother he remembered her being under his father's thumb and a little resistant but that was just what his perception of her had become over the years clouded by years of being alone. And it was admittedly hard thinking about his mother when he had her in his arms.

He took a moment as she continued to sing and he smiled a little at her and said "maybe it would help if we were away from all the lingering gazes. After all, I wouldn't want such a beautiful lady to feel lonely especially on a night like this when she is looking utterly ravishing" He said with a smile as he slowly moved closer to her and whispered "If I didn't know your husband might be watching, I might just have stolen a few kisses by now".

Back
Top Bottom