Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Another year at college [HimekoxBackwards Ace]

Sesshi

The wolf who serves
Buzz buzz buzz The alarm went off and groaning to herself as Susumi reached over and groggily turned it off. "Nnnn... Morning to you too... Stupid alarm..." She yawned as she slowly started to stir, turning to her side as she slowly opened her eyes, rubbing the sleep out of them. Slowly she got up, stretching while yawning once again before getting out of bed. Grabbing her glasses she then started making her way down stairs to the kitchen to make breakfast before getting ready for the start of her second year in collage. As she walked in the kitchen she sighed and shook her head as she made her way to the fridge. Even though it had been six months ago she still couldn't get over the last relationship she had been in. Julia and her had been together for three years and six months ago they got into a bad fight that ended their relationship in a horrible manor. She was lonely and missed the company that had once been there for so long. "Hmm... Maybe someday I'll find another partner to share my life with. But alas, got another school year ahead of me and my studies need to come first." She mumbled to herself as she took things out of the fridge and began making herself breakfast.

Susumi Tachibana was not that bad looking for a girl, standing at five foot one, with short black hair that went just a little past her ears, dark brown eyes with a decent sized bust. She was almost your typical Japanese girl with the exception that her breasts were slightly bigger than normal. She was a total nerd and a geek, her main passion was gaming, which is why she was in classes for game designing and enjoyed every moment of it. To her it was her only real calling in life. Sure she loved to read, but most of what she read was either fan fics of anime she enjoyed or books on her favorite video game characters, mainly World of Warcraft. Her main goal in life was to someday work for the company Blizzard Entertainment and if she passed her classes, she would have a very good shot at it. Finishing her breakfast she took her dishes over to the sink to rinse them off and place them neatly in there before rushing off to get ready for her classes. As she got herself ready she began taking mental notes on what her classes from last year were so they would be fresh in her mind just in case she was quizzed on it later. Tossing her stuff in her bag she then closed it up and flung the strap over her neck and went back downstairs to head off to school.

After closing up and locking the door to her house she then turned and headed over to her car as she then opened the door and tossed her bag in before sitting and closing the door. Taking the keys out of her jeans she then put them in the ignition and started the car up. As the car came to life Japanese music started blaring from the speakers and then she pulled out of the driveway and drove towards the college. She was in a good mood even despite how lonely she had felt earlier, but she knew in the end things would get better and she would someday find a new partner to share her life with. About fifteen minutes later of driving, which to her luck there had been no traffic so it made getting to the college a lot smoother. Pulling into a empty parking space she parked her car and sat there for a few seconds to finish listening to one of her favorite songs before turning the ignition off. Gathering her back she opened the car door and got out, tossing the bag back over her neck again as she closed the door and locked the car, making her way to the entrance of the large building. She was a little early, but she preferred to be early so she could get her spot claimed before anyone else, after all she did have her routine she loved to stick to. As she entered the school she made her way to her class, noticing not many other students were there, which pleased her. As she entered the classroom it was rather empty and the computer near the window was there just waiting for her to claim her favorite spot once again this year. As she walked over there she took her bag off and sat in on the seat next to hers as she sat down and waited for the room to fill up.

Waking up in a dorm was so different for Casey, she almost started panicing. Then it all came back to her. She was at college, starting a new life. The ninteen year old freshman was not used to sharing a room with a complete stranger, but as her parents didnt want to shell out the cash for even a small apartment, and Casey had no job of her own, she was stuck here. Plus, as her parents were paying for her schooling, the young girl had no choice but to follow their wishes. Casey rolled out of bed and slammed her hand on the alarm clock. She looked over at her still sleeping roomate with resentment. Her parents wanted her to fill all her classes so she could become a social person. True, she wasnt the most outgoing person in highschool. In fact shhe barely had any friends to account for. She wasnt an outcast by any means, but she liked her privacy and not having to depend on others was a plus, though her parents would NOT let their poor baby become a working class class citizen straight out of highschool. And Casey didnt really feel like working a burger joint. So she settled for her lparents terms. They would pay for her schooling and any other expenses but she had to promise never to go out and party like normal college students and she wasnt allowed to date a boy till her junior year. Fair enough as Casey had no intention of getting shit faced ever and she didnt care much about dating scene.

Tryiing to be quiet and not wake her roomate (who seemed to be a cranky person) Casey went to the shower, quickly bathed and threw on some jeans and star wars shirt. She was anti social, not a hipster. And sure she came from a wealthy family, but that didnt mean she was picky when it came to clothes. Her parents were strict, but they seemed to be pretty chill about her clothes. They mainly just cared about their daughters path to holiness. Her parents were completely and totally devoted to their bible. Casey on the other hand, wasnt as "by the book" as her parents. Yeah, being raised in a christian home, she was almost brainwashed to believe. But she had her own beliefs. Like a man and a man should be able to marry and love one another freely. Not that that was her scene but the bible DOES say "those without sin cast the first stone", and she had seen a lot of stone casting inside the church itself. BlShe ran down to the cafeteria and grabbed granola bar, then sat down to study her schedual. Her first class was some game programming class. Why her parents insited on. THAT class shed never know.She liked games, but she never remembered expressin interest in creating games.

Finished with breakfast, Casey started for her class but remembered she left her bag at the table. Running back she grabbed her bag and turned to leave again, when she was stopped by a group of guys blocking her way. One of them looked her up and down as if eyeing a piece of cake. "Hey, freshy. Whats the rush?" He said with a twisted smirk. "Im Mike. This is Ian, and Charlie. " He said, nodding to the other guys respectivly. " We're....the welcoming commitee. We should really give you a tour of the school. We remember how lost we were our freshman year."" He chuckled with mock concern. The other guys jeered. Mark moved in a little cloeser. "How about we start the tour in my room. We'll show you a great time." He whispered that last part. The one called Ian clpsed in as well, goinng so far as to cup her ass. Casey was frightened. Then one of the staff came over. "Break it up Mark. Do you really want to start the year with a right up? " He said threatningly. The boys just laughed and walked away. Casey walked as fast as she could to the classroom, trying calm down. But as she finally entered the room, her heart sank. Even though she was thers ten minutes early, there were only two seats left, and one was by Mark. Completely ingoring the guy, Casey took a seat next to another girl, a bit frazzled.

Susumi wasn't typically the anti-social type, however she didn't care to much interact with the others in her classes normally. The main reason was simple, not many who were there really had an interest as deeply as she did for gaming. Most were just there to take a easy class to get a passable grade so they could move on in the real world. There were a very select few in there that actually shared the same interest as her, which when speaking to them they got along pretty well. Looking at the clock she sighed and reached over to her bag to pull out her PS Vita to kill some time before class started. Waiting always bored her and she always brought some sort of handheld game system with her to pass the time before class, it was just something that helped her fight off the boredom. She did however move her bag to the small hanger under the desk, knowing someone might want to sit back here with her, even though last year no one sat next to her.

She was the only one in her family that didn't go into medical school. It just wasn't her passion and even though her parents were disappointed in her decision, they still supported her. Her siblings often mocked and made fun of her for her "poor" choice as they saw it, but she just ignored them as best as she could. She had a pretty weak stomach when it came to body fluids and medical supplies just creeped her out. It just wasn't her cup of tea and her parents understood and accepted her choice in going into the gaming community. To her parents it was a safe profession and a very good money making one. They relinquished one of their houses to her so she could live in, they offered to pay her bills as long as she got a decent job and kept her grades up. Which she was happy to comply to both. She found a decent job working at the local Game Stop, decent pay and she got huge discounts on the games there as well as first dibs on new releases. The only thing she had to pay for was food, her entertainment, and whatever she wanted or needed. She wasn't spoiled, her parents just did for her like they did for the rest of their children, made sure she didn't have too much on her hands to deal with so she could have more time to focus on her schooling and work.

Time had ticked on and she glanced up from her game to see that there were eleven minutes till class started. Might as well get ready. She thought as she saved her game before putting it into sleep mode and putting it back into her bag as she turned to face the computer in front of her. She went ahead and booted it up so that it would have time to warm up before class started. The classroom was already pretty filled and as she glanced up she noticed a girl she had never seen before enter the room and couldn't help but look her over without catching the girl's attention. Damn... She's not bad looking. She then hid her face behind the computer as the mysterious girl quickly made her way over to where she was and took the seat next to her. To Susumi it seemed the girl was trying to avoid someone, but she didn't want to look too much into it. Not too long after the girl had taken her seat their teacher Mrs. Caroline walked in, carrying her books and walked over to the teachers desk as she herself started setting her stuff up before class was about to start. Mrs. Caroline cleared her throat and asked for everyone to turn their pcs on if they hadn't done so already as she walked over to close the door so class could begin.

Keeping her head down, Casey turned on the computer. She felt something bounce off her shoulder. Knowing exactly who threw whatever it was, Casey was still compelled to turn around. As she assumed, it was Mark, who was now giving her a smirk. His look made her sick to her stomach and after began making a blow job motion, Casey finally tore her eyes from him and began getting her stuff out. What a way to start my new life. She thought to herself. As the teacher.. Mrs Caroline Casey thought she had seen in her schedual, began to talk, Casey completely spaced. She stared at her computer screen, twirling her pencil.As she normally did when she was nervous or upset, she began biting her lip. Her previous two boyfriends (yeah, she only had two) always said she was cute when she did that, and sometimes it was taken as a flirtatious action in the wrong minds, but she never could stop no matyer how hard she tried.

As it was the first day, Casey didnt expect there to be much to do, so she stopped paying attenting all together. Might as well, she planned on seeing if she couldd switch classes later that day. Barely two hours into her day, and already she wanted to go back to sleep. Casey was so deep in thought, she completely forgot she had actually sat down next to someone.

Susumi noticed that the girl next to her had turned to look at someone and when she herself looked up she saw Mark smirking at the new girl. Oh great... Looks like he's found someone new to torment this year. Might as well step in and save the poor dear. She thought as she glared at Mark, which he saw and watched him lower his head rather quickly to avoid her gaze. "Hey is he causing you any problems? If so then you're not the only victim him and his lackeys has tormented. Tried it on me last year and I put him in his place. I know a thing or two about martial arts so if you'd like me to kick his ass after school then I'd be more than happy to put him in his place once again." She whispered to the girl before blushing slightly. "Oh I'm sorry for rambling or butting in, I just know how he can be. Also... My name is Susumi Tachibana, and you are...?" She said quietly as she held her hand out to the girl, giving her a warm smile, hoping she'd accept her offer.

Casey jumped slightly when the girl started talking. She almost didnt catch everything she said until about the middle. "Wha-huh?" She asked stupidly. Then she realized the girl was talking about Mark. She glance bsck at the guy and noticed he was now completely avoidingg looking in her direction. As the girl spoke, It became clear why. The girl blushed and introduced herself finally, holding out her hand. Casey stared at it for a second, not exactly sure what to do. Then she took the hand. "Casey. Casey West." She said. Her parents wanted her to meet new people, but she didnt think they thought it would be this fast. " So he does this a lot?" She asked, feeling a little relieved. So she didnt stand out, she just happened to be there. Then she had another question. " Did you really beat him up? Like you actually got him to back off by force?" Mark seemed like abpretty built guy, and Susumi didnt seem like the type to pick fights with people twice their size.

She glannce back at mark again, a smile forming on her face. Who knew the first person she actually met would save her ass. "Last year...you mean your a sophmore or junior right?" And an upperclassman to boot. Maybe this want a horrible day after all. She pasued for a second. "Th..thank you, by the way. It diesnt look like too many people would stand up to someone like him, especially for a freshman." She wanted buy her a drink or something, to really show she was greatful. Honestly, she didnt know the first thing about friendship, but she figured it was worth a shot. She looked at Susumi and bit her lip again. "Would you...would you wanna go get a coffee or something tonight? My treat?" She realized it probably looked stupid asking a girl to go get coffee at night. She mentally slapped herself.

Absently, she twirled her pencil again. She needed to make at least one friend so she could tell her parents. And Susumi seemed like a good one. Not to mention she for some reason felt safe all of the sudden with her. She could only assume that thats what friendship does. Then it hit her. They had just met, and already Casey was thinking if Susumi as a friend. That was fast...probably too fast. She became nervouse again, hoping she didnt come off as weird

"Yeah, this is very normal of Mark. Last year he even had the balls to hit on almost every girl on campus and chances are he will try the same methods again this year. Psh, welcoming committee..." She replied as she rolled her eyes. Shaking the girls hand she nodded when asked if she kicked his ass. "Yeah, he tried to get in my pants quiet literally, despite the fact that I have zero interest in him and the other males on campus. They are all the same, and they have no minds of their own it seems. It's as if they get everything from some cheesy ass dating book or whatever they read online. But don't let his looks fool ya, he may seem all big and bad as well as tough, but he's just a major pushover. Don't worry Casey, I've got your back. And this is my second year here, so sophomore for me." She answered as their teacher continued giving the same lecture that she had heard last year. "It's not a big deal dear, us girls gotta stick together after all." She said with a wink, taking note of the girl's lip biting, which to her she found really cute. "Coffee sounds lovely, though I do have work after classes so if you don't mind hanging out where I work when I get off we can go for that coffee. I only work til eight tonight so it'll be a bit late. And since you're offering to buy coffee, how about afterwards we swing by my place and I make you dinner, my treat. If that's okay with you." She asked as she found herself blushing more. This isn't a date... This isn't a date... She chanted in her head. Besides... We just met and I highly doubt she'd be interested in me, let alone other girls... The thoughts swirled around in her head as she watched the girl twirl her pencil again and silently chuckled to herself.

Weloming committee. Those were the exact words Mark used. It really did sound like he did this all the time. And as far as him being a pushover, maybe she would ask Susumi if shed teach her some moves. It wasnt until this point thaat she remembered she was in class. She snapped her head to the teacher but Mrs Caroline seemed to be teaching on auto pilot. She didnt seem to notice the two girls who wasnt paying a lick of attention. Xasey turned back to Susumi. Casey heard her say something about having no interest in the boys on campus. Maybe Casey would be the same way. She want supposed to have a boyfriend her freshman year anyways. The wink Susumi gave Casey was weird for Casey, but she assumed it was a sign of friendship, annd so Casey smiled back.

"Oh.." she replied when she heard Susumi had to work. Suddenly, Casey felt self concious. She was a freshman in college and didnt even plan on looking for a job. When Susumi asked about dinner, Casey noticed the way she blushed. That, like the wink, struck Casey as odd. But she pushed away those thoughts. She could just as well be nervous like Casey. "Um...sure. Why not? Lets have dinner." She said smiling. Casey glanced back at the teacher. It dawned on her that teachers probably didnt care if people passed or failed. This was college. Like a pirate ship, it was every man for himself. Though, talking to Susumi, Casey was starting to think that wasnt exactly tthe case. Where DO you work anyways?" She asked. Hopefully it wasnt a fast foodd place. She would feel super awkward just standing there not ordering anything. Casey rarely went out, so that was probably another issie with burger joint jobs. "Amd what time should I be there?" She definitely needed to know that. She had no vehicle so depending on where and when she worked, Casey would potentially have to leave almist half an hour early.

Smiling gently Susumi replied, "Oh I work at the local Game Stop. A more respectful job, pay is good, and I not only get great discounts on the merchandise, I also get first dibs on all the new releases." Yes, she took major pride in her work. "I've got a car and I don't go into work till thirty minutes after school and it's only fifteen minutes away from here, you could just ride with me to my job and hang out in the back if you'd like. We have game consoles in the back for employees to enjoy while we're on break, mainly to test the used ones out to make sure they still work. That's if... You're into that kinda stuff..." She kinda trailed off as her face turned a slightly brighter red as her eyes slowly turned to the floor. "S-Sorry... It's just gaming is my true passion and I can't help but get excited when it comes to games." She said in almost a whisper, but enough to where Casey could still hear her. She was a bit embarrassed and it was clearly showing at this point. She was hoping that she hadn't scared the girl off. Great... Juuuuust great... We only met and not only am I flirting with her, I'm also rambling... Her mind grumbling at her as she managed to slowly turn her gaze back up to Casey, hoping she hadn't scared her off.

Casey listened to Susumi ramble on about games, hearing her mention a car. She was a little frazzled as to how she got to the point of agreeing to go to a complete and total strangers house for dinner. Boy, college did weird things to a persons logic. Whatever she thought to herself. When in rome, right? "Sure, I guess. How long do you work?." She didnt really care to be there too long. Casey noticed that Susumi was getting embarrassed though she wasnt sure why. Then Susumi talked about gaming being her passion. "Hey, no sweat. I mean if you didnt have passion for your dream, then whats the point?" Casey herself had a passio. for music. Not singing, she had horrid stage fright. But she wanted to produce, maybe even play guitar on a few tracks for clients, and also.dj at a club as a hobbie. But she didnt really run into too many people who cared to hear her passion. So she usually only talked about it when asked.

"I dont mind gaming. Not exactly the best but I get by. Though, are you sure Ill be allowed?" She asked. Casey didnt really know of any workplace that allowed random people to hang out. But then again, she didnt have much work experience. Apart from avoiding burger joints like the plague, her parents didnt really want her to start a jib si.she could focus on highschool, like they were doing now. " I dont.mind walking, honest. Its nice to get fresh air." She gave a half smirk, catching Susumis eyes again.

Chuckling lightly she nodded. "Yeah, my boss is really chill. Been working for him since last year and he knows I'm a damn good worker. Besides... He says I need to socialize more, says he never sees me hanging out with anyone and maybe if he sees you, he can get off my back." She couldn't remember the last she blushed this much. She was really hoping she wasn't flirting too much to be noticed. "Oh, as for how long I work, about three to four hours, depending on how busy we are tonight. I know Friday we are going to be swamped because of a new release that's coming out, but that's not till Friday." Again she was rambling but at least this time it was about work so hopefully it could be excused a little here. Hearing Casey said she didn't mind walking did cause her to pout a little but she did take out a piece of paper and started drawing a small map of how to get to her work. After finishing it she smiled gently and handed it to her. "Here, I hope this will help you find the place easier and you're free to stop by whenever. It's been awhile since I've had someone to just hang out with that it'll be nice to do so again."

Casey giggled slightly at Susumi rambling on about work. This girl really liked her job. Chris really did like games; she was a pc type person herself. But she could never get into all the mechanics of a game enough to help produce it. A game was a game, and that was all she needed to know. She took the paper from Susumi, noticing an odd look. And.....was she blushing? Casey got a weird feeling, but pushed past it. "Yeah Ill come by,, though it might not be till when you get off. There are a couple things I need to take care of." And she did have things to do. There was sone schedualing she needed changed and she wanted to finish unpacking her things.....and make sure her roommate didnt have sticky fingers. "But I will definitely make it to your work. And then we'll make it a date night." She said laughing at that joke.

"Sounds good to me. Also, if you need help in class just ask me. I'm actually pretty good with gaming designs." She replied as their teacher was starting to finish her lecture. She did catch on to the last part as a joke and it was becoming clear to her that this girl might not swing the same way she did. Which disappointed her slightly but she didn't want to scare off a potential new friend after all. "Well class is almost over, if you need help with finding any of your other classes just let me know and I'll help ya out." She said as everyone in class was starting to pack up their things as class was indeed about to end. She was taking mental notes on everything she had at her house and she ended up on spaghetti being the dinner choice for tonight.

"Ill remember. Thanks. And thanks for helping me out with Mark. Ill see you tonight then." Casey said, standing up as class ended. A fleeting second went by and Casey leaned in and hugged Susumi. She smiled and walked away, turning red. Did people give hugs to people they just met? Outside the room she face palmed herself.

The day went by in a blur. Caseys classes were nothing special and she was able to talk to someone about her schedual. She made her way up to jer room where her roomate was no where to be seen. That gave her more time to unpack the rest. By the time she was done, it was past the time she needed to leave. So she took of on foot towards the adress on the paper. Luckily, she was only five minutes late when she arrived.

"Eh, it's no problem at all." Susumi replied and before she could add to that she was then being hugged. The girl smelt nice as she hugged her back, causing her to blush slightly before mentally shaking it off. "So um, yeah I'll see ya tonight." She called out as Casey walked off after giving her a smile. As Casey's figure left the room her attention turned to Mark whom was looking at her in fear as he was trying to rush out the room. "Just you wait Mark, you will pay dearly." She said to him before he left in fear, which made her chuckle slightly as she headed towards her next class.

The day seemed to go by pretty quickly and before she knew it she was heading to her car, however she did end up bumping into Mark and his lackey's. They hadn't noticed her so she decided to catch them off guard before she left for work. "So still up to the same old tricks as last year, eh? Remember what happened to you last year for that same stupid stunt you three tried to pull on not only me but the other girls? Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think you'd want a repeat of that. Hands off the new girl as well as the other girls and we won't have to go there again, got it?" She said sternly, which caused all three to nod and back off away from her. "Good. Now off to work for me." She finished as she made her way to her car and then drove off to her job.

When she got to work her boss let her put her bag in the back like normal before having her start restocking the games that just came in, just some more recent ones that they had sold out of. "Oh by the way boss, I've got a potential new friend coming over later. Was wondering if it'd be okay if she stayed in the back till I got off work. She treating me to coffee and I'm making her dinner at my place." She called out from one of the shelves. "Mm, I don't mind. But potential friend? This is news to me. Been telling ya for months now to make some friends so I take it you're finally taking my advice?" He replied and she kinda chuckled. "Something like that, she's the new girl at the college and was having some problems with Mark and his goons. All I did was offer to help her out and whatnot. Then she offered to take me out for coffee. So I figured I'd offer to make dinner since it was gonna be pretty late." She answered as she finished stocking the shelves. "Hmph, well just don't go scaring this one off like you did your ex." He chuckled slightly as he went in the back and let Susumi take over the counter. As time ticked on, customers coming and going, Casey then showed up. A little late, but she still showed up, which Susumi had feared that her earlier flirting from that morning might have scared her off. Thankfully this wasn't the case. "Yo, there ya are!" She greeted Casey cheerfully.

Casey arrived at the store but stopped. In a while, she was going to be spending some alone time with a friend. Wait, was she a friend? Or was this what some people did even just as aquaintences. She bagan to panic before getting ahold pf herself. Casey. Its fine. You can spend a LITTLE time with other people, its not going to kill you. She told herself. She finally got up the courage to walk through the doors.

She walked in and looked around to find Susumi. What if she got off and decided just to leave? Casey suprisingly became very upset at the thought. But after walking through the store a bit, she found Susumi at the desk. She was greated in a way she wasnt expecting but was happy none the less. "Hey. Of course Im here. Where else would I be?" She said laughing. "So, this is where you work? Pretty fancy." Casey joked. She looked around. "So you getting off soon? The best place I hear for coffee is gonna close in about three hours." She paused and looked at Susumi. "Not that I mind staying if you need to."

"Dunno, anyways, yeah this is my work. Got all the re-shelving done, made some good sales, got teased by my boss a bit. Other than that, yeah it's not much but bigger than most Game Stops. So there's a plus." She chuckled as she finished her paperwork. "I have an hour before I get off, so we'll have plenty of time to get there and enjoy some coffee. Boss has already said it'd be okay if you waited in the back for me, he's back there right now making sure everything is ready for Friday. That man's a damn good boss and he takes these new releases just as seriously as I do." She said as she motioned for Casey to go ahead and make herself comfortable till she got off.

Casey smiled at Susumi and walked off,not super comfortable with the setting. She reached the doorway where Susumi had pointed and walked in. The room was actually pretty cool. It had gamers chairs and a few big screens. It had different gamining consols and more games than she had ever seen. It was all a little too much for Casey.She sat down in one of the chairs and proceeded to watch as soneone else played a game. It looked like the new black ops game. She didnt feel comfortable being in the back of Susumis work since she really didnt know Susumi. But for some reason, Casey trusted her. It was odd, Casey really didnt trust anyone.

The time had ticked by and in no time at all, her last hour of work for the day was done and over. "Another day done and over with, but at least this is a job worth it.~" She sighed happily as she walked in the back room where her boss and Casey was. "Well boss, my friend and I are gonna head out now. I finished my paperwork, shelves have been restocked, though we are getting low on the two of the new 3DS games, I did put them down in the paperwork so please be sure to send the order in before we have a riot on our hands." She finished with a small chuckle. "Alright Susumi, you two take care and have a good rest of the night. I'll get those games ordered and have them shipped overnight. Oh! I need you to stay for closing tomorrow night, Jacob called me earlier and said he can't make it tomorrow, said he's got a bad cold or something. Hope you don't mind." Her boss replied as he got up from one of the chairs he had been sitting in and walked over to her. "Sure boss, I don't mind doing some overtime." She answered as she grabbed her bag and looked over to Casey. "Sorry for the wait, we're good to go now." She said happily to Casey as her boss took over the front desk.

Back
Top Bottom