Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

MxF Special Request: Shadowrun, With Explanations and Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo

Put me on your face. It will be fun.
Supporter
Special Request: Shadowrun
Please Note: This RP will not be based on any of the video games whatsoever, nor use the table top rules from the pen and paper rpg. It only uses the world setting. Characters and story will be original.

Alright, so, I am more than a little disappointed with the lack of responses regarding an RP using the Shadowrun setting, with original characters...
I have made numerous inquiries that have largely been ignored.
I shall try a different approach, and give you an in depth explanation of what I have in mind with very intimate details, in hopes that someone will bite.
Please feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

What the Shadowrun setting is:

1: The Year is 2056-2072, or somewhere in between

2: Advanced technology is present, and cybernetics are very common.

3: Magic has returned to the world, as well as fantastic creatures of legend, including but not limited to: Dragons, Faeries, Vampires, Werewolves, Demons, Spirits, etc...

4: Certain people exhibit traits from this return of the supernatural, known as "Goblinization". Some people grow slender and have pointed ears like elves, some are short and stocky like dwarves, some are abnormally huge and grow tusks, like orcs and trolls

5: Governments around the world have reorganized in different ways, and are no longer the dominant factor in governance. In their place, mega corporations now control the world, and often make laws that suit their own interests.

6: Governments, Corporations, and Independents often have well paying if sometimes unethical work that the lend to "Deniable" Subcontractors known as "Shadowrunners"

7: These "Shadowruns" as they are called could be literally anything. It could be a simple courier run where you deliver a package across the city from point A to point B. It could be where you hack into a corporation's mainframe and steal sensitive data, and deliver it to their rival. A government may want someone assassinated. A wealthy, worried father might contract you to rescue his daughter from an evil demon that had taken her in the night. The possibilities are endless.

8: These "Shadowruns" are usually offered by representatives of an employer under assumed names for obvious reasons, and usually go by the moniker "Mr. Johnson"

9: The main focus of the setting is action, espionage, intrigue, planning, problem solving, on-the-fly improvisation, and adventure.

My Idea for a plot:

The story will center around the free state of what was Seattle Washington, a vast urban sprawl with lots of adventuring possibilities.
It will be story rich, with no erotic content planned.

My character will be Human, and what is commonly called a "Combat Rigger" Who specializes in piloting aerial craft, usually for quick insertions and extractions. He is able to use remote controlled combat drones, as well as having very good aim with dual pistols.
He is able to make use of cyberdecks and hack as well, but not as well as a dedicated Hacker/Decker would be. His cyberware suite, in addition to his vehicle control rig, consists of cyber eyes, wired reflexes, bone lacing. (All of which are deltaware)

The story format will be that your character(s) know mine through our normal Shadowrunning network, and my character is contacted by a potential Mr Johnson through his comlink (the 2056 equivalent of a smartphone). The job is for an extraction of a special prototype hardware, located in a very well protected corporate research facility... Maps of the facility are provided, (Hand drawn by yours truly and uploaded as pictures for flavor) and there will be an intense planning phase involved. Very little is known about what the item itself is though. We are assured of its location though, and that we will know it when we see it, whatever that means.

The idea is to go in quetly, grab the item, and then slip out quietly, but things have been known to go wrong, so contingency planning will also be a factor. A delivery point for the item will be specified upon successful exit of the facility.

If all goes well, it will be a fat payday, and possibly gain us enough rep for some more serious missions in the future.

My theory for the overall lack of interest regarding my request is unfamiliarity, and/or that I said it was plot heavy with little to no erotic content. I will relax this provided you are a literate writer with some skill. (All of my current partners easily qualify, you have but to ask.) However, erotic content will not exceed plot, so the highest I am willing to negotiate in 50% erotic content or less. My character will be male, and straight. Perhaps your female character takes a liking to mine, and the two hit it off, nothing is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom