Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Dragon and the Girl (AkityMH and Nightsorcress

Her eyes now came to focus on the cup then slowly moved back to him, he looked the same as ever but his voice, he wasn't yelling at her. A shaky hand reached out for the cup but she didn't have the strength to grip it. "I can't"

He sighed. "How can you be that weak just from bumping your damn head?" All the same, he brought the edge up to her lips so she could sip the hot drink.

It wasn't the bump on the head that was causing her weakness, she was weak because she had given up on living because what she saw with him would not be considered living. She slowly sipped the tea he brought to her lips.

Carefully, possible the most tender he had ever been period, he tipped the cup so she could continue drinking the tea. Hopefully what the witch said was true and that this was not some evil ploy to cause him more grief, for he would not put it past the creature for just handing him poison or some other horrid concoction.

Lily slowly sipped the tea as she did more color returned to her cheeks. She could not believe he was helping her. She was in total shock to say the least. Once the tea was gone and he moved the cup from her lips she looked him in the eyes "thank you"

"You... are welcome," he managed to say, as if the words were unknown to him completely. Then he stood up and walked away, taking the cup back to where he got it. His kitchen was messy to say the least and in full view, as it was near the stream that flowed through the cave. There was a cupboard, of course, and the stream acted much like a sink. He set the cup on the edge of that stream and looked back at her, studying her to see if she got better, or worse...

Lily started to feel better almost right away she slowly sat up. She touched the back of her head there was still a bump there but overall she did feel better. She looked over to him to find that he was watching her. Probably wanted her out of his bed no doubt. She slowly got out of bed the bed to allow him to have it.

Aeran was not sure what to say now. When she got up, he looked her over... Maybe he should tell her something nice? Though, as to what, he was not sure. Seeing her gown... he said, "Your white.. dress.. is nice?" It sounded almost like a question, really.

Lily was shocked by his comment or question she wasn't sure which it was. "Oh um thank you, the villagers put me in it to help to show you I was a virgin......" She trailed off a bit she was nervouse and that nonsense just came tumbling out

"...Virgin?" He knew what that was, but he saw no real value in it. Being less than human most of his life, something like that was completely worthless to him. "That was nice.. of them?" Though given they tried to feed her to a dragon, Aeran figured it wasnt, but he was not sure what else to say of it.

(ooc: I dont think you ever described Lily's looks outside her white dress. I didnt see any in the replies anyway. If you did, I feel dumb for not finding it.)

Lily bit her lip she wouldn't call it nice, she was chosen to be sent to here because she's was beautiful virgin. She had dark purple eyes, long raven color hair, she was slender, every mans dream. She did not know what to say to Aeran.

There was an awkward silence. Aeran was at a lost of words again. He had seen few humans, and seen more actual dragons than anything else. He was not sure what accounted as attractive or unappealing. Was she pretty? She had a thin body.. did she eat enough? The color of her hair at least didn't stand out, but those eyes were utterly bewitching due to their vivid color.
Could the same be said for himself? He had long silver hair, and obvious muscle. His face was serious with ice blue eyes. In a sense, he was handsome as could be for a mature man.

As the awkward silence between them continued she was becoming more uncomfortable by the second she played with her hands a bit and looked down at the cave floor. It was another long moment before she looked up at him again needing to break the silence, "what now" she asked softly, she looked at him for directions after this was his home and she was his captive

That was a good question. This was new for her for sure given her life was literally thrown away, but what Lily didn't figure was that his was new to him too. Never had he been social with a human this long. Certainly he had no positive examples. "I don't know," he said. "Do you know... that there is a way to break this curse?" He decided to ask.

Lily bit her lip when he said didn't know what to do now. She certainly didn't have a clue. But then he mentioned something about a curse and she wrinkled her forehead. "What do you mean curse, who is cursed?" She was truly puzzled

"I.. am." Would it be smart to tell her the details of what was going on? Was that allowed? It made no sense for that strange wraith to kill him if he didn't fall in love. All this was just for her amusement, he just knew it. Well if she wanted to play a game, then he would play too. "Long ago.. an ancestor of mine somehow became cursed. Forever they could never live a full life, as part of it was to be walked in the footsteps of a monster. From then on out, thats how my family has been."

Part of her felt sorry for him having to be cursed like this, but then part of her didn't he acted like a monster and if his ancestors were anything like him she wouldn't be surprised why someone would curse them. "I am sorry to hear that, do you know how to break the curse?"

"I think so. It has something to do with you, or.. so I feel." Perhaps best to hold back the part about falling in love. If she knew, she may reject out of spite, or so Aeran thought. If that happened, he may as well die here and now.

Lily was now even more confused. "How could it have anything to do with me, I mean aren't curse normally removed by witches I am certainly not a witch or anything special at all I am just a girl"

"The curse said something about a girl. I think that girl is you." He looked to her. "I think you can somehow break the curse. I don't know how-" thought he did know"-but i am sure you can do that."

Lily bit her lip and looked down at her feet. "I can try to help you, I just don't know how." She then slowly looked up again at him. She didn't think she could be any help but she could try that was all she could do.

Now what would he do? Aeran looked away now. Confusion quickly lead to frustration and before he took a fourth step, he was in the shape of a dragon once more and walking back into the darker parts of the cave. That would be the least thing he said for that night. He needed to think... and probably not get to a conclusion.

As he turned into a dragon and walked away Lily sighed. She thought they were finally making progress but he seemed angry again. She walked the other direction to the mouth of the cave looking out at the full moon the light from the moon covered her like a blanket. She took a seat and just started out at the world below her.

Aeran went right to bed, climbing into the worn out mattress with the springs squeaking and the wood creaking before he just flopped down and laid as still as a rock. What a fine mess he was in, he thought. His eyes eventually closed shut, and he was snoring before long.

Lily didn't have a place to sleep so she had no desire to sleep. She sat and looked at the moon. She watched the animals below for a time before her eyes started to get heavy. She sighed and moved further back from the mouth of the cave and found a rock to lean herself against she sat there hugging her knees to her chest using her dirty ripped dress as best she could for a blanket

Back
Top Bottom