Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blank (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

"I had a feeling you'd say that," Ian grunted. "Fine, then. If that's what I have to do, I will." He needed to learn, anyway. If he was going to do this, he wanted to be out of Eden where the fights would matter.

"You'd have no choice anyway. I'm sure there are plenty of idiots out there who want to take you down so they can be better than someone with S rank compatibility. My suggestion to you is to just trust your instincts for now. Our classes teach us to be less human than what we are in order to tap into our potential." It was actually...good advice. Even though Whisper didn't seem to like him very much he was being helpful.

"That's the part I'm going to have to work on," he admitted, swallowing a moment. "...Thanks, I suppose." He still knew the look that he was giving him, and he hoped he wasn't always like that, or their room was going to be increasingly awkward.

"Don't thank me. If you are truly what they say you are, Ian, I'm going to have to crush you. And I really don't like picking on the newbies." Whisper smirked before he got up from the couch. "I'm going to take a shower. The cafeteria will be open soon and I want breakfast."

"...Great," Ian muttered. And he'd take that time while Whisper was in the shower to leave the dorm. This was an entirely new world, and he was going blind quicker and quicker.

They fear you... The faint, tender whispers again. Something about it unnerved him, and relaxed him. Neither of those things together made any amount of sense. They want you.... He shook it off regardless, rubbing his palm against his eye as he headed out to explore this interesting new world. But now, he couldn't stop thinking about it, Seiglinde's scent...the looks he was getting. He needed a place to just vent his frustrations, and thankfully...they did have a gym of sorts. Reaction training, strength recording...it was honestly impressive to someone like him, who had never seen these...his kind of people dodge flashes of light, run at speeds that seemed to defy logic. All of it was fascinating, and he felt a rush of energy to experience every last thing he could.

He supposed he'd have to just get used to the staring and deal with it, if Whisper was right, then he needed to know what he could do, and what his limits were.

Perhaps she wasn't the most motivated student, but Adrian did love going to the gym in the mornings where it was the least crowded. Surprisingly there was less skin showing since her work out attire was a pair of yoga pants along with a sports bra. Okay, maybe it was the same amount of skin, just different parts.

She was surprised to see Ian there, and for a moment she just watched him until she felt ready to just talk to him. Honestly her plan was to avoid him for a bit since she was convinced he didn't like her. Not that she wanted him to considering they were supposed to mate. If it wasn't for that, maybe she'd care. Just a little. "Well look at you. Up bright an early and working out even. You have more motivation than I thought." Adrian said with a grin.

"Heh," Ian grinned, rubbing his neck. "Well, it's a little better than being around my roomate, that's for sure. And besides, since I'm like this now, I need to figure out what I can do, right?" Well, at least it was a friendly face. Seiglinde and Adrian had been helpful, even if Adrian seemed about as passive aggressive as anything else. But, it wasn't like he had been a shining personality lately, either. "Think you can help me out?"

"As long as I can get a good work out." Adrian said as she looked around the gym for a second. "What do you want to do?" He had a handsome smile...much more attractive than the nervous face he had on all day yesterday. Not that she could blame him.

"Let's start with the basics, if you don't mind," he said, motioning toward the ring. "I'll feel a little more comfortable there."

Adrian looked over to the ring and then moved over to get some padded gloves. This time she didn't want to hurt him too bad, nor did she want him to hurt her. She had just gotten over yesterday's damage...still feeling it too deep in her muscles.

"Alright, define basics." She told him as she slipped into the ring.

He got the gloves a moment and punched them together in satisfaction before grinning, slipping into the ring. "What do you think? You don't think Rangers get sent out there without knowing some hand-to-hand, do you?" he said, curling her finger at him, almost playfully. Yeah, this felt better...he felt better today than he had yesterday, much better.

"Fine, Ranger basics vs Eden basics." Adrian challenged, her eyes lighting up in amusement. He did seem like a totally different person now, and she liked it. "I'll even let you make the first move...to make up for yesterday, you know?"

"Suit yourself," Ian said easily, a half step forward put him almost right in front of her as he lashed out with a jab. His movements were fast, and his jab came out almost too fast for him to actually control it.

Adrian was a few seconds to late and got hit right in the face, her head whipping to the side before she let out an frustrated exhale. "Woah, didn't know using our super strength and speed was basics. Is that how it is? Or can you just not control yourself yet?" She asked as she turned back to him with a slightly annoyed expression. Next time she'd be prepared for that.

"Sorry," he blinked, flexing his hand a moment in surprise. "I'm still trying to figure it out," he admitted. "I've never actually had to control anything before, you know? At least, not like this." he said with a faint breath, tapping his cheek. "Fair is fair, anyway. Besides, I didn't get a real chance to feel how hard you hit. My body felt off."

"Yeah yeah, I can take it. Just when I can't brace for it, it's like a slap in the face. My mom used to slap me in the face whenever I said something smart. Bitter memories, you know?" She loved her mom though, what could she say? She probably deserved those slaps anyway. "Well then, now that I know what to expect...let's continue." She didn't even give him a chance to prepare himself before she moved forward and sent her fist towards his face to punch him square in the nose. But her speed was...mostly human.

Ian grunted in surprise as his face jerked back, shaking it off with a heavy breath. That...hurt, a lot. He could feel that in the back of his jaw.

"...Alright then," he exhaled, hand running through his hair. "Let's try this again, come at me," he said.

Adrian was a little amused that they were even now. However she continued on, ducking a little bit to send a punch to his mid section. This time she was a little faster now that he was prepared. Just to see how well he could react on guard.

He blocked it, sort of. He tensed a half fraction too late and his arm came up to deflect, but the punch skirted his ear and he felt it like nothing else.

"...You're fast," Ian complimented with a blink. "This is going to take some serious adjusting...come on, again," he said, eyes focused. "Faster."

Well it was odd to see him asking her to go faster when he barely blocked her at the speed she was going...but she was okay with it if he was. "Alright then." She began. Similarly to the last time she didn't give him a warning. She shifted down a bit and sent a swift kick to his face to see how well he'd do against that.

He saw it, that time, but his arm didn't come up quick enough to catch it and his entire body jerked to the side with a pained grunt, stumbling to the ropes with a heavy pant. Ouch. That was literally the only thing he could think of when he got hit. But he saw it, he actually saw her leg move. The tone, the muscle...it was crazy. He was getting so caught up in all the small details, the big picture was slamming him against the face.

The scent she had, it was intoxicating. It made his nostrils flare, his sharp pupils widen just a little as he turned to face her with a grin. "Okay, I think I get it." he decided. "Faster."

That enthusiasm she thought he had was just turning out to be plain craziness. And she knew that he was really focused on her...in more ways than one. She felt....flattered, putting it politely. But she ignored that feeling...along with the butterflies she felt when he grinned at her. This damn fool. He knew he was hot, didn't he?

She sent a right hook to his face, just to knock that grin off and rough him up a little. This time she was using about the same speed as yesterday...because she really wanted to make him less attractive so she didn't get..distracted.

That one, he saw. He weaved with the fist, his body shifting like a serpent as he returned the favor with a sharp hook to her ribs. The impact was solid, and he felt a pleasurable sensation all the way up his side. How did he do that? It was like he could see it a mile away!

Adrian was...surprised to say the least when she was staggering over to the side thanks to his punch. "Fuck," She cursed softly as she rubbed her side. "That was...good. Really good..." She saw what he did but she couldn't react to it. Those movements were so fluid too...he had tapped into a speed that it took some students months to learn on his second day.

He flexed his hand experimentally, it didn't hurt...so much as he was not used to doing..that. Maybe he could do this! It was like muscles he had never even thought he could control were flaring up to life, a strange, but not unwelcome feeling.

"So, this is what it feels like," Ian murmured. "No wonder you guys have such a high opinion of yourselves."

Back
Top Bottom