Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blank (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

"Really," Ian muttered. "We'll see about that, I guess." He didn't understand. "I thought people did this by choice? I was expecting a little more...loyalty." But he wasn't exactly being a happy camper either, was he? None of this was making him feel any better, they kept talking about him having 'high compatibility'. He kept getting more questions and less answers.

"I did do it by choice." Adrian began as she looked over to him. "Most of us did...doesn't mean we agree with everything we have to do. I was avoiding this baby thing successfully for a while...but it looks like I've been backed into a corner thanks to you."

"Don't look at me," Ian muttered. "I'm not backing anyone into any corner, because unlike you, I didn't have a choice." Ian muttered, rubbing his head with a frown.

You're so much better than them... There it was again, that voice. Warm, familiar...but he couldn't place it.

"Hmm, would you rather be this? Or be dead?" Adrian asked as she moved her arms behind her head and looked at the ceiling. Those were probably the only choices he had...she couldn't see them taking a perfectly healthy individual and kidnapping them for experiments randomly.

But she could be wrong.

"Spend all your life fighting the thing you turn into and ask yourself that question," Ian said, rubbing his head in annoyance. "What were they talking about, one hundred percent compatibility? What does that have to do with anything?"

"Got me there...the only thing I can tell you is that you're stronger than everyone here. Your body reacted so well to the modifications that it's scary. Almost like you were inhuman to begin with." Adrian explained. "Some of the guys would kill for that compatibility rate. You're going to be popular at District Zero..."

"Terrific," Ian grunted. "Considering the first person I met here was supposed to be the tar out of me, and now I'm supposed to sleep with them, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone else threaten me and force my pants off." What the hell kind of place was this? He was human. He wasn't some...mutant freak in hiding, he grew up normal, had normal physical ability...everything was normal. So what now? What did he do to deserve this?

"You're so negative. Most guys would be thrilled to have a chance to be with me." Adrian smirked. That was actually...kind of a relief that he wasn't like all the rest of those pigs. The ones who would gladly and immediately say yes to sticking their dicks into her for their pleasure. "Everything's fine...I know it sucks that this happened to you without your consent. But I promise that it will be okay. You'll get used to being...you. Eventually."

"That's the part that scares me, I am okay," Ian muttered. "This feels...too right for me to be comfortable with, like I was breathing with only one lung and I never knew it, and now I can breathe like everyone else. I just had two metal rods in my chest, and it looks like I just took a bullet in my vest." It was bruised and ugly, but the wound had already closed. It was...unnerving, he should be dead. But here he was, carrying on like nothing.

"I've never heard anyone describe it like that." Adrian muttered as she glanced at him. "But then again...with a compatibility of one hundred percent...it would feel right to you, wouldn't it? You were born for this, Ian."

"If I was born for it, why didn't I have it when I was born?" Ian grumbled. "Why the hell is it happening now?"

"A question for another time, perhaps," Doctor Haas said when he finally returned with a slight smile. "I apologize, Ian...usually, we have volunteers. I realize this isn't something you wanted, or expected. But this is a different world, with different priorities. Adrian, how are you feeling?" he said, glancing to her.

"...Better." She couldn't hide the fact that her body when sedentary healed twice as fast than it did if she was moving. But she knew what was in store for her once she was fully recovered. She wasn't too comfortable around this man, she usually dealt with Doctor Faust who was much more...human than this guy. She knew he wouldn't hesitate to do anything necessary to force her to do what he wanted.

"Good," Doctor Haas murmured. "Then could you take Ian outside of the R&D lab? Show him around? We must make sure he integrates well with the others."

Others? Well, he knew there were others...but he was actually going to meet them?

"Fine..." Adrian didn't want to see "the others". That was the entire reason why she skipped class today! Still, she had a direct order and she couldn't ignore it. She sat up and ignored the dull ache in her stomach...it would go away soon enough now that the worst of her injuries were healed. She got to her feet and then started heading towards the door. "Let's go, Ian." She did not sound happy...at all.

"...Okay," Ian said, following after her with a faint frown. He waited, well until Haas was out of sight until he rubbed his neck with a sigh. "Okay, whose that creepy guy? Are all of them that creepy?" This entire place was creepy, it seemed almost disturbingly sterile and looked so cutting edge that he wondered just how much this place was hiding, and why they weren't sharing it with everyone else.

"Not all of them...but that's the most important one who's in charge of everything." Adrian told him as she walked down the hall towards the thick double doors that led them into the more...normal part of District Zero. Showing him around was equivalent to her going to the cafeteria. She was hungry after all that regeneration her body did. "I hope you're as hungry as I am, because we're going to get something to eat."

"I don't think I've eaten in two days, so probably," he admitted. Looked a lot like District 1, all rich and fancy...except...not. Kind of like a high end barracks, maybe? Felt like forever ago when he was deployed east. Attempting to add more to Eden required more space, more space meant slowly going in and killing everything that moved. It wasn't easy, and the bite he had gotten on his arm wasn't even there anymore. Everything felt like a long memory, his old life. What would he tell them? Was he even allowed to interact with them?

"Don't know about you, but food always makes me feel a little more human." Adrian told him as she kept her eyes forward. She really didn't socialize much with people, she wondered if she was doing a good job. Probably not, he still seemed really freaked out and she didn't know what to tell him. He was different from her...in more ways than just not getting a choice in the matter of becoming a genetically altered pseudo vampire.

It wasn't long before they started seeing people...class was out and it was lunch time...or dinner time. Adrian didn't know how long she was out.

He felt like he was out of his element, not simply because...well, he was. But more than that, he was different looking. Everyone else didn't have red eyes...or fangs, and a lot of them just looked at him like he was different.

"...I guess if you never know what human feels like..." Ian said quietly. He just felt like a freak, how did they live like this?

Adrian could tell he was getting a lot of attention, but she ignored it...just like she ignored everyone who looked at her differently. She was used to it honestly, but it was probably making him feel uncomfortable. "Just ignore them. They're being nosy. Anyways, if we keep walking ahead we'll get to the cafeteria. On the right is the dorms, to the left is the gymnasium. Classes are held in a separate building." That was all he needed to know, really. "So there's your tour. Now all you need to do is 'integrate' with the others."

"...Integrate?" Ian grunted. "You mean socialize? How's that going to work when everyone's looking at me like a target?" Which was about as accurate as it seemed, really. They didn't know what to make of him, and Ian was still too uncomfortable to really make a move over it.

"You're not all that bright, are you?" Adrian asked him before rolling her eyes. She then started scanning the room as if she were looking for something. "You have all their attention already, all you need to do is introduce yourself. Come on." She pulled him along without giving him much choice, towards the back end of the cafeteria where there were still chairs sitting on top of the tables. She easily and nonchalantly tipped one of the tables to the side, sending all the chairs clattering to the ground in a mess before she slammed it back down and hopped up onto it.

The cafeteria was completely silent as she straightened up and cleared her throat with a smirk. "Everybody take five seconds out of your day to welcome Ian. He has 100 percent compatibility rate, so he's special." She said loudly, her voice bouncing off the walls even without a microphone. She looked down at him. "Come on, say hi!"

He couldn't believe she had seriously just done that, but maybe she shouldn't have been surprised. She had done it like it was such a natural thing to do that it made him grimace faintly. All eyes were on him and he felt like he had a spontaneous twitch of stage fright. He sighed inwardly, swallowing a moment. This woman was going to be the...death of him, heh. Poor joke.

"...Hi," he muttered flatly.

The crowd was already breaking out into murmuring...mostly about the fact that she had just claimed that this new guy had an unheard compatibility rate. She casually stepped off the table and gave him a smirk. "Well there you go, now they know you're one of us. Just wait, someone will be brave enough to introduce themselves to you."

"Adrian!" A high pitched shout came from across the cafeteria and the crowd hushed themselves since they all very well knew that voice. Adrian did too and she grimaced.

"Well...I gotta go." She mumbled but before she could even turn away to leave she was already there. In all her pinkish glory, Cadet Captain Sieglinde Faust stood in front of them both with a glare that could cut through mountains. Her muscular toned legs were the first thing about her any new person would notice, considering she liked to wear short shorts just like Adrian enjoyed her short skirts. But everything else was covered by a red, baggy jacket.

"You're not going anywhere, Adrian. Look at this mess of chairs you made! Pick them up!" Sieglinde demanded as she pointed to the pile of chairs on the floor. Adrian glanced casually at them and then back to the girl.

"We have janitors for that." She responded passively.

"Ugh, this can't be happening..." Ian grumbled, hand running through his hair. This was seriously it, wasn't it? He was stuck in a school full of teenagers and...ugh. This had to be a dream, he wanted out of here. He wanted to go back to the barracks and laugh it off like some...crazy story. Instead he had more people than he liked staring at him like he was a target, or a potential date. The hell happened to turn his life like this? Well, at least all the women seemed attractive...and violent, and aggressive.

He should have slept off that hangover instead of going on a voluntary recon.

Back
Top Bottom