Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A pet for a princess (OnnaOtaku & Noct)

Nocturnal Pulse

Super-Earth
Jumping behind a tree HE could fell his heart pounding in his chest, who were these people after him? What did they want? Were they slave traders? It did not matter in the end, he knew he had to get away he was not about to give up his freedom to any one. "Damn, it why couldn't I have just been born human...." He said to him self as his sharp cat ears caught the sound of them closing in. He was still tired form all the running before but he had no choice if he did not run now they would catch up to him.

He started off like a jet, dogging and weaving though the trees running though the bushes, it was the only way the humans on there horses would not be able to catch up to him easily. In a sight out run the houses were far faster than him, but hi scat reflexes made him much better at this. After a good bit of running he saw the tree line. "Damn it I don't stand a chance....." He said to him self knowing the humans were right behind him, he had no chose he darted out in to the open field running as fast as he possibly could, maybe even faster than he should.

He only got about twenty feet when he felt something hit in in his side. Looking back he saw a dart sticking in to him. "Damn it a trank..." He said felling it's effects already as his fast heart beat caused it to spread even faster. Before he had another chance do any thing else he fell face first in to the ground, and started to roll due to his high speed. and there he lay sleeping as the hunters closed in on him to do who knows what with him.

"Happy Birthday, my dear," a happy voice spoke as he hugged the newly turned 13-year-old. She responded with a welcoming hug and a smile.

"Thanks Father," she told him and gently kissed his cheek. Looking around the large room slowly, she began to search with her eyes for her present. "Don't I have anything?" Being a princess, she was used to receiving grand gifts that, a few of them, she only used once in a life time. But she got them anyway and used them, at least for a few days before tossing them out for the next new thing that would come her way.

"Don't worry, Sophia, your present will be coming soon enough. You just have to wait for it." He looked around the room also, his eyes narrowing slightly. Where was her gift. She asked for something simple this year. Just something that no one else would have. How hard was it to get what he had sent for?

"Sorry were late your highness." One of his knights said as he and one other rolled in a large object that had been wrapped up. "It took a little longer than we thought it would to get every thing ready for the princess." He said as they moved the thing to the middle of the room. "Happy birth day madam, were hoped you forgive us for keeping you waiting." He said as he fell to a knee and held out a rope that would untie the large object and relieve her present. "Your father sent us out to get this very special gift for you, you will be the only one in all the kingdom to have such a unique thing." He said with his head bowed down.

The girl quickly left her father's lap and went over, taking the rope and quickly pulling on it. Her eyes grew slightly as she watched it unwrap and smiled a little.

The man sat up on his throne, looking over the gift also and raising his eyebrow as he watched the gift. "That is what i asked for," he agreed with a nod. "It's all for you, Sophia. I hope you enjoy it."

Sitting in the cage he sat with his legs crossed and his arms folded across his chest, A sour expression on his face. he had been dressed up in some fancy a collar around his neck and a leash on the side of the cage. He had a bow on his head to show he was a present but he had ripped it off and it lay on the floor of the cage next to him. He looked up at the two hearing the words they had said he knew he was meant to be this girls pet, and he was not happy about it. He sat there looking at the two but did not say a word. He looked around the room, wondering how and when he would be able to escape.

The girl looked towards one of the guards and smiled at him. "Could you take him to my room?" she asked, tipping her head a little and dropping the rope. "Please?" She looked towards the neko in the cage, looking over him with a smile. "Please don't run," she asked him softly.

The man on the throne slowly shook his head. He knew the creature couldn't talk. But his daughter had an imagination, and he knew it was better just to let her imagine and speak to 'creatures'.

The knight nodded his head. "Yes me lady." He said and the two took the cage with him inside to her room.

He did not say a word as they took him off, hearing the girls word he could not help but think to himself that if there places were revised would she think of anything but getting her freedom back as soon as she could. But she was still a child and as such he doubted that she would think of such things, but even if he could have tried to run now it would have been to risky he would have to wait for the right time of he wanted to have a chance. Soon he had been taken to her room and was looking around, her room was up a lot or stairs so he would have to wait to try and escape or he would be caught. Perhaps she would make the mistake of taking him for a walk some time and if she took him out side that would be his chance.

Close to what seemed like an hour later, the door finally opened and the young princess walked in. She slowly turned towards the cage and looked over the cat boy before walking towards it and opening the door. She smiled at him and stepped out of the way, letting him out.

"Hi!" she greeted him happily. "Can you speak?"

He stood up and walked out of the cage once she had opened it, enjoying being able to stretch out some again. He wondered what took her so long to get up her. But she did just think of him as a pet and form what he under stood it was her birthday so he was sure she got a butt load of other things for her parents and other people.

When she asked him if he could speck he raised a brow, his kind was rear and they rarely interacted with humans unless they were captured as he had been. Most did not speck after the lost there freedom so it was comment belief they could not, so the question was clearly that of a child wanting to believe something adults would take for grated as not being possible. He had to deiced if he would tell her he could or not, there was pros and cons to each. but he got a idea that might help him to escape. "Only to you." He said his voice was deep and clearly that of a man, it was even deeper than her fathers form what he had herd of him. But if she believed he had some kind of special link to him she may grow to trust him faster and giving him the chance to escape sooner.

Her eyes widened again and this time she smiled. "Really? Only to me?" That was one thing that she was going to love. Having a pet of her own and one that would only talk to her...that was even better then having the rarest pet in the kingdom. "Yay! I get a talking pet!" She quickly moved towards him, hugging him tightly with a smile. "We're going to have so much fun together!" The way she hugged the poor jailed creature was more like how some small kid would hug a sibling then some sort of pet.

She looked up at him from her hugging position and grinned. "Do I get to name you?"

He was right, she believed him about only being able to talk to her. Something only a child would believe, but thanks to that he was sure she would believe there was something special about them and she would not be so worried about him trying to escape. "Yes only to you when we are alone. I can not talk when others are around." He said knowing she would believe this to, and with her being a child if she told some one else they would just believe it the wild imagination of a little girl.

It was true he had no name, his kind did not put labels on each other like that. they could tell each other apart and who they were talking to with out such thing. "I can not have a name until you give me one." He said to her, it did not really matter to him what she started calling him, if things went right he would not be around long enough to get used to it. And this would be another way to make her think there was some reason he was meant to be her pet.

Pausing to think, she let go of the creature and began to speak a few names a loud. "Well...how about Alden?" she asked, looking towards her pet's eyes with a kind smile. "It means 'old friend'," she told him with a small shrug. "Is that a good name for you?"

He looked at her as she let him go and said a name, he had to admit it was far better than what he thought she would come up with. Figuring she would call him fluffy or something along the lines of what humans named cats. "If that is the name you think is best for me that it is a grate name for me." He said giving her a small fake smile. In all truth he did no mind the name at all, but that did not really matter seance he planned on escaping long before he became accustom to it.

Sophia nodded as she gently took her new pet's hand and tried to pull him towards her bed. "You're going to sleep over here," she told him, pointing towards the bed. "With me, okay? It's really comfy. I think you'll like it." The girl sat on her bed and watched Alden, her eyes sparkling with joy from what she was seeing.

Alden followed her as she took his hand and led him to her bed, her words surprised him a bit. He had expected that she would have him sleep in the cage, but instead she said he would sleep in the same bed as her it was clear she had no sexual thoughts on the matter. He wondered if that was because she though of him more of a cat or if it was that she did not yet have thoughts of that nature. but given how her father had looked at him he thought it was safe to guess that it was that she did not yet look at the opposite grinder.

He sat on the bed, she was right it was the softest thing he had ever felt. His kind did not sleep in beds except of leaves or some other thing they could pile up out that was softer than the ground. He wondered if he would mange to escape before he had a chance to escape before night came, though with this bed he was tempted to stay at least a night just to be able to sleep in it. "It is very nice, with out a doubt the most comfortably thing I will have ever sleep on." He said as he sat there next to her.

"The pillows are softer," she told him happily and quickly picked one up and handed it to him. "See? My father got these for me. They're so comfy to lay on." She watched him, smiling happily.

He took on of them and felt it. "wow..... what are these made of to be so soft?" He wondered out loud. "So now we have said were I will be sleeping, what do you wish to do now? It is to early to rest." as he looked at her. "Also what am I to call you?" he asked her, wondering what she wanted him to address her as, at least till he manged to get away.

"I'm Sophia," she said happily. "Since no one else is around when you talk, then call me that." She looked over a second pillow then looked back at Alden. "I think they said it was something like...goose feathers?" she asked herself. "I'm pretty sure that's what they said. But now..." She paused to think. "Wanna go out in the courtyard? There's really pretty flowers out there."

Alden smiled at her. "Sophia, that is a very pretty name for a very pretty girl." He said still wanting to make her fell like he had no problems with this whole arrangement. Than she made the suggestion, the courtyard. That was right next to the outside it would be easy to escape form there, his plan worked out far better than he hoped. "I love to smell flowers they always have such nice scents to them." He said not wanting to seem to eager to go or she might have second thoughts and suspect what he was planning.

Sophia grinned before she got off her bed and tugged gently at Alden's pants leg. "Let's go then," she told him happily. "I'll take you to my favorite spot, okay? It's under the cherry blossom tree."

He nodded and did not say a word as he followed her. This was good she was not even bothering to use the leash, though that would have been no problem to brake a child's grip. He walked close to her as he looked around seeing a bunch of people pass by them as they went, all of the bowing to her as she went by.

Ignoring most of the people who passed her, Sophia held onto her pet's hand gently as she walked him out to the courtyard. The large grounds were covered in colorful plants, tall, blooming trees and a few people were scattered around the area.

"It's pretty isn't it?" she asked, looking up towards her pet. "I love coming out here."

"Yes it is very lovely." He said as he looked around at the ways out. He would need to wait till they got further in to try and escape, giving him a head start before she woudl scream for others to come ant try to catch him. Sense there was no one else around it would give him more time to get a head start.

The princess continued to show him around the grounds, pointing out small areas that she enjoyed or had something special behind them. "And this is my mother's tree," she told him, pointing towards a willow sitting by a small pond. "She got it from my father to get her to stay here. She wouldn't otherwise."

He nodded his head as he looked around, the tree was a little over half way to a escape he could see. This place was so big it might be the best shot he got. With out a word or second thought he made a brake for it, running at impressive speeds. He ran on his all fours like a cat would as he was much faster like that than running on just his legs. It seemed like it only took him a moment to get to were he could escape form, just before he was going to jump out and make a brake for free tom he turned around with a smile on his face. "See you latter little girl but I ant giving up my freedom for any one." He said looking at her.

Back
Top Bottom