Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shadow's Story-Driven, Mostly-Fandom Request Thread (Craving Modern Exalted plot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name's ShadowFighter88 (same name I use for just about anything else online - used it here out of habit), been RPing on here for a while with... varying quality. Somewhat prone to writer's block, I'm sorry to say, or just exhausting my creativity over on Myth Weavers. Anyway; can't improve without practice, right? I'm fine once I get into the swing of it, though.

So, this thread's for my more story-driven plot ideas, I'll set up another one for smut-based ideas eventually. Some of these are fandom-based but only in the sense of using either an established setting or combining such with a modern setting, any characters from them would just be NPCs. My F-List is in my sig, if you want to use something in the Maybe section, check with me first - some of those I'm only comfortable with to certain degrees or in certain contexts.

I prefer to play via thread, but I'm happy to go by PM as well. Not a fan of IM. Also - and this is important - if you're going to send me a PM asking about a plot, and I message back saying I want to run it, don't just vanish. Even if you change your mind, just tell me. Too often I've had someone PM me saying, "Hey, I'd like to run Plot X with you, if you're up for it." and I message them back saying that I'm more than happy to run that plot, only to never hear from them again. It drives me nuts because you get my hopes up for a good RP and then smack me with silence.

Anyway, enough blabbing from me; on with the plots!

Return of the Exalted
Based on the White Wolf RPG, Exalted, I got the idea for this from the final ending of Asura's Wrath - the ending of the Nirvana DLC, not just the true ending of the base game. Specifically the epilogue set millions of years later in a modern-day-like world, with each of the characters having reincarnated as normal people, but with the implication that Mantra (the power that allowed the characters to do such superhuman feats) is returning.

Before I go on, I want to make one aspect of this plot absolutely clear: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT EXALTED! Practically all of humanity in the plot is as in the dark about the Exalted as you'll be if you've never heard of the game.

Basically, the world undergoes a change that results in many of the threats from the game's setting resurfacing - undead, demons and Fair Folk mainly - but these threats stay away from larger population centres for some reason. While humanity's struggling to hold these threats back, people begin to display superhuman or even godlike power and tear through the creatures. These are the Exalted, granted power by long-forgotten gods and tasked with defending Creation. Both your character and mine will be newly-Exalted people in Seattle, working with the military and other Exalted to keep the city secure from the Fair Folk and whatnot while trying to find a more permanent solution.

The link above (which, I should warn you, is a TV Tropes link) contains basic info for the various types of Exalt, but it'd probably be easiest if your character is either a Solar or a Lunar. The only other type known to the world at the point the RP starts are Dragon-Blooded. For those more familiar with Exalted, I won't be using any of the new types that 3rd edition is introducing since there's so little information on them (so no Liminals, Getimians or Exigents). For those not familiar, don't worry; I won't be following the rules at all, just the narrative and I can help with any confusing points.

If the mention of the game didn't imply it - Asura's Wrath is a good example of what the Exalted are capable of (some Exalted fans have described it as "So Exalted it hurts"). Episode 5 really shows what I mean though you should watch Episode 4 for the lead-up. Incidentally, I recommend you watching the whole thing, not for this plot just if you're looking for a good story - the whole thing's more like an interactive TV series than a video game and the Nirvana DLC's ending is probably one of the biggest Tear Jerkers/Crowning Moments of Heartwarming I've seen in a video game in years.
A closer representation of how powerful our characters are, though, would probably be either RWBY or Into the Badlands.

Summary: Superhumans getting into over-the-top fights with Fair Folk, rogue lesser gods, demons, undead and the occasional curb-stomping of ordinary people. Our characters are people with heroic souls who, in a momentous occasion in their lives, got a Titan-killing superweapon grafted to their soul.

Tales of the Expanse
A Warhammer 40k based one this time, specifically on the RPG from Fantasy Flight Games, Rogue Trader. A Rogue Trader travels the stars beyond the Imperium's edge, finding worlds long-since lost to Mankind and bringing them back into the Emperor's Light. And exploiting for profit just about anything they come across in the process.

My character will be a Rogue Trader on their first voyage into the Koronus Expanse while your character would be one of his senior officers (plenty of possibilities, just don't make her a Tech-Priest, Astropath or Navigator) aboard his Dynasty's flagship, His Light Triumphant; a Dictator-Class cruiser. Five kilometres of strike craft launch bays, macrolaser broadsides and pieces of gothic architecture the size of small office buildings with a crew of about 100,000 people. Yeah, outside the Inquisition and the Officio Assassinorum, the Imperium tends not to do subtle.

I admit; I'll be stealing the overarching plot for this from the RPG's published adventures. They'll work as a good framework for what our characters have to face and deal with, what the crew as a whole is working towards, not our character's relationship.

I'll add more plots as I think of them.
Beyond those, I would be willing to run games in the following pre-made settings:
-Golarion
-Eberron (specifically the version from 3.5th edition of DnD - there were some changes made to it for 4e that I don't agree with, like giving it a genuinely-unambiguously evil plane of existence)
-Shadowrun (the 2070s version of the setting from 4th and 5th edition, not familiar enough with the earlier editions' eras)
-Iron Kingdoms (this is the setting for the Warmachine and Hordes wargames from Privateer Press)
-Numenera
-Exalted beyond the earlier plot (though I'd rather save this for anyone familiar with the setting already; less exposition that way)

And for original settings, I'm fine with modern, modern-fantasy, generic fantasy world* or some form of sci-fi depending on the setup.

*I'd frankly prefer one with a bit of a twist to it compared to normal fantasy, maybe some aspects of magitech or some unique traditions.

RE: Shadow's Story-Driven Request Thread (Craving Modern Exalted plot)

Added an update/clarification to Return of the Exalted. Had a lot of people turning it down because they weren't familiar with Exalted, despite the fact that I used a whole new setting for it precisely so that I could run it with people who'd never heard of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom