Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I want to "come out" to my friends.

ZOMBiiE

Star
But not about being gay, but I've known since I was 14 that I am at that I am considered high risk for suicide. Not going to go into any details or anything, but the only people who know about this but the only people who know about it are my mother and my doctors.

But I was just wondering if I should tell my friends about this, and how. :S

Yeah, not much to discuss. >_> But this place is pretty anonymous and I thought I'd just ask...

It'd be easier if you were gay.

This is a sticky situation - Understand that if you tell your friends about this, they're going to treat you differently. They'll mind their humor and conversation more. Do you feel like they're increasing your risk? If so, tell them, and damn the results, they need to know. Otherwise, I'd keep it hushed, unless you have a specific friend or two who you'd like to count on for support.

In my personal experience, I only told very close and best friends. I didn't like to make a big deal about it, and it seemed like in those days, everyone was pulling that card so I kept it on the down-low, which was probably for the better. Bear in mind, I was in high school at the time; I was also very paranoid.

If you feel that you need their support, as Try said, you should go for it. Only if you feel like they will take you seriously, though.

Just be careful with who you tell, because you never know who might turn on you and think you might be "crazy." If you, like Alex said, have very close friends, and as Try said, people that you can trust to support you, then they should probably know. But it's all up to you. Just when you come out with it, don't let it overwhelm you. Take your time with it.​

Back
Top Bottom