Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Conan RPG (GM LF Group, endlessly recuiting)

Okay, summer is starting, so I am going to make this simple. I know I'm not going to be able to find a DM :)() so instead, I'm going to do something somewhat unusual. There are currently two gaming systems I'm looking at, Labyrinth Lord (a nice little basic edition RPG) and the darker, grittier Conan RPG (A sword and sorcery set in a simpler, if more epic time).

Still, as I am rather unlikely to get a GM, I'm willing to run a game for a group, if enough people show interest.

That said, I do have a few rough campaign ideas.

Conan RPG

In the far north of the Vilayet Sea, where the mountains rise at it's north most point and the Loulan Plateau, several tribes of degenerate sub-human creatures, remnants of an earlier age, are gathering under a single warlord. Grolgrung Grolvan, one of the last Trolls, has untied the clans of the Urk, Grobi and Ogre, and under the whispers of his seer, has launched a campaign of conquest southwards, striking along both sides of the Vilayet, often ignoring cities entirely, as he searches for something, even humans die in the hundreds under their savage blades and unnatural fury.

Still, if this was the extent of the troubles, Hyboria would be lucky indeed. South, as the dunes fall, a Stygian plot has gone awry. A novice necromancer, seeking lost lore made his way to the ancient pyramids in the burning desert of the east, to bind the souls of dead kings from the ancient days to his will, and loot their tombs of artifacts, to crush his rivals underfoot with an army of the dead. However, like many before him, he could not control the power he boasted of. Unfortunately, while he was consumed body and soul by the dark powers he unleashed, he had been strong enough to wake them from their eternal slumber.

Nemidea and Brythunia suffer under a two fronted invasion, as a warlady known as Karmina has lead demons and ancient horrors from the Border Kingdoms south, savage Beast-Men and Ice Devils, along with rumors of a great glacier wyrm, bound to an unspeakable pact, as they mount a desperate defense, and their own lands horrors rise up to the join the assault, howling for the blood and flesh of humans, as shadowy shapes feast on terror and souls.

Character Generation; Ability scores are 4d6b3 (roll 4 dice and discard the lowest), and you get max HP at first level. Starts at level 1, and I'll PM you the starting gear.

Labyrinth Lords

In the land of Foran, things are more peaceful, less savage, or at the very least they appear to be. There are whispers that goblins and orcs are menacing the villagers of the Copper Hills, and the walking dead have been seen along the edges of the Obsidian Moor, and the Elves in the Etharis Forest have heard whispers that one of their most dangerous renegades may be returning, having been exiled for his pursuit of dark knowledge, and pacts with unholy powers.

Still, as ever, there is adventure just on the horizon, and unexplored wilderness filled with monsters, ancient ruins that have somehow escaped being looted, and unspeakable horrors to test your mettle! Come on down to the pub, and seek glory.

Character Generation; Ability scores are generated by rolling 3d6, and you start at level 1. HP is rolled, but you may reroll any 1's, and the first 2. I'll PM you your starting gear... which will not count towards your EXP!

RE: A Tale of Hyboria

Added campaign ideas, not going to run this unless I can get a group though. Just post your interest here, and if you don't have the rules, I'll send them too you.

RE: Summer RPG (GM LF Group)

I'd be interested in the Conan RPG. I've never played and don't have the rules.

In the manner of wishing to get some players, I am including a Conan sheet template. In addition, any takers for the LL game?

Name:
Class:
LvL:
HD;
Rep:
corruption: 0

Race skill:

Languages:

Home:
Money:
Armor:
Clothes:
Equipment:

Base attack Bonus;
Base Magical Attack Bonus;

Melee attack Bonus;+ (+ Base, + STR)
Ranged attack Bonus; + (+ Base, + DEX)
Magical Attack Bonus; + (+0 Base, + CHA)

Dodge; ( +0 Base, + Dex, +)
Parry; ( +0 Base, + Str)
DR;

ABILITY SCORES:
Str: (+)
Dex: (+)
Con: (+)
Int: (+)
Wis: (+)
Cha: (+)

SAVING THROWS
FORT; + (+ Base, + CON)
REF; + (+ Base, + DEX)
WILL; + (+ Base, + WIS)

Base power points; 0 ~ 0 =
Maximum Power points:
Sorcery Styles:

Skills;
(Abillity ~ Rank ~ Misc = Bonus)
Appraise (Int) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Balance (Dex) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Bluff (Cha) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Climb (Str) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Craft (Int) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Decipher Script (Int) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Diplomacy (Cha) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Disable Device (Dex) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Disguise (Cha) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Forgery (Int) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Escape Artist (Dex) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Gather Information (Cha) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Handle Animal (Cha) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Heal (Wis) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Hide (Dex) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Intimidate (Cha) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Jump (Str) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Knowledge (Int) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Listen (Wis) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Move Silently (Dex) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Open Lock (Dex) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Perform ()(Cha) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Profession (Wis) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Ride (Dex) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Search (Int) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Sense Motive (Wis) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Slight of Hand (Dex) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Spot (Wis) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Survival (Wis) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Swim (Str) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Listen (Wis) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Tumble (Dex) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =
Use Rope (Dex) 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 =

Feats:

Class Features

Would you be able to go into more detail on the Conan game? What type of role play would we be looking at?

Adventure, with some political aspects, but in general, a simple type of campaign, with the standard sword and sorcery adventure approach. There will of course be more mature elements incorporated into it, but it will not be the sole focus. Sex? Sure. Just don't derail the game with endless amounts of it, and it's fine.

Grimsage Matt, is the sourcebook Hyboria's Fallen allowed to be used?

so, is Conan ran like Pathfinder, or are the systems completely different?

Ohhh, an RPG in the Conan setting. Count me interested. :)

Preferably I would play a Red Sonja type character - although definitely with quite a few modifications to her silly unfun oath, including the option to discard it entirely. In game terms that would likely result in a female barbarian.

That's easy. Just make a female Hyrkanian barbarian, and have fun with the backstory, though any divine appearance will be suspect at best.

Grimsage Matt said:
That's easy. Just make a female Hyrkanian barbarian, and have fun with the backstory, though any divine appearance will be suspect at best.
Actually I am leaning more towards the classical Cimmerian version. :)

Cherubian said:
Grimsage Matt said:

Ummm... the classic Red Sonya is Hyrkanian.

Zorrita said:
Cherubian said:
Grimsage Matt said:

Ummm... the classic Red Sonya is Hyrkanian.

Well, since I am modifying other aspects of the character as well (the oath) why not her origin? After all I want to play an OC, and not just a canon carbon copy. :)

Ah, I see. I misread it as you saying "classical Cimmerian version" refering to Red Sonja and not the barbarian archetype. I'll just shut up and go back to Googling underdressed ancient Egyptian women to use for my character. :D

I'm almost finished the stats for my character, a Hyborian Temptress.

Quick question Grimsage Matt, any chance on that Temptation link above, that 'Above Average' can be substituted for "Beauteous Visage" in terms of prerequisites? Probably not, though just thought I'd ask. Also, are the clothing and equipment on that link suitable for use?

Back
Top Bottom