Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sword Art Online: 2.0 Update [interest check]

What is your favorite roll in an MMO/RP?

• Warrior [dual swords]

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Ranger [Archery]

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Bard [support/offense]

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Cleric [defense/support magic]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mage [offense magic]

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Gunslinger [shorter ranged offense]

• Life skills [blacksmith, fisher, chef, etc]

• puppeteer [semi ranged support role]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fighter [martial arts and knuckles]

• Tank [heavy armor, sword and shield]

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
RP Thread

Hello I have been wanting to set up a fun Sword Art Online RP and Also an RP for a game I play called Mabinogi, as Mabi has some similarities to Sword art in its leveling/skill system IMHO and also its a semi 'life-sim' sort of MMO I want to combine them to make a Sword Art Online RP using some help from Mabi to change it and make it more diverse and interesting, so....

Plot: 20 years have passed since the Events around SAO, ALO, and GGO, the laughing coffin, for all intensive purposes, has been vanquished and those who were still alive have either died or been captured and imprisoned. Kazuto and Asuna are living happily as a family, with a young child of there own, named Yui, they own one of the biggest game industries out there, developing the top of the line VR devices and games. With many years having passed, most people have accepted and warmly welcome VR once again as the years to come have been peaceful and without incident or disaster.

Kazuto and Asuna have developed a new device, the VRIGC [Virtual Reality Individual Gaming Chamber]. The VRIGC has been thoroughly tested and remastered to make sure it was safe, inside and out, allowing extended use of VR gaming as the VRIGC supplies the host with any nutrients needed to live for extended stasis. The device is very expensive and therefore very few have been sold, but you..your a lucky one. An outside company has been selling them for a bit cheaper and you have received one, either by buying one or getting it as a gift.

THE NEW SWORD ART ONLINE UPDATE! 2.0 IS NOW LIVE!!!!! The T.V. reports spread the news about the best MMOs newest and best update to date. The game has been changed quiet a bit, and sadly with this update all characters have been wiped. The newest update changes the world layout drastically, changing it from a 100 level tower style world to a single world level with 3 islands and instead of one dungeon per floor each island contains a few dungeons and each dungeon has multiple difficulties. Also the skills have been separated into 'talents' to make it easier to now what someone is good at, Int, Will, Strength, and Dexterity, as well as speed and personality play a role in determining which talent fits a person best.

[As for now that's the base of the plot, the game/RP with be a casual start with no issues or glitches, allowing our characters to get acquainted and develop a base talent path depending on the skills they wish to master]

[a Character from will be added as well, this will be a semi detailed form, including weapons and talents and base 'class']

There will be a 6 character limit for the moment as it will only be me as the GM, also if it goes over 10 character, some may be killed of later in story as 10 is the max I will do for long term RPs.

Theme: VR, gaming, love, romance, action, life and death situation, slower RP, long term, character development.

Map

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TALENTS:
[this page will guide you to your talents, once there click the images to link to see the skill and what it does]

Swordsman: Dual Sword User [Close Combat]
~Combat Master
~Sword Mastery
~Light Armor Mastery
~Dual Sword Mastery
~Counter attack
~Windmill
~Assault slash
~Final hit
~Evasion
~Critical Hit
~Smash
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Bard: The Musical Support [Music]
~Playing Instrument
~Musical Knowledge
~Enthralling Performance
~Lullaby
~Discord
~Enduring Melody
~Battlefield Overture
~Vivace
~March Song

Optional:
~Fantastic Chorus
~Encore
Archery: The Bow wielder [Archery]
~Ranged Attack
~Bow Mastery
~Magnum Shot
~Support Shot
~Arrow Revolver
~Crash Shot
~Critical Hit
Gunslinger: The Dual Gun Master [Dual Gun]
~Dual Gun Mastery
~Reload
~Way of the Gun
~Shooting Rush
~Bullet Storm
~Flash Launcher
~Bullet Slide
~Grapple Shot
Cleric: Magical Support [Holy Arts]
~Magic Mastery
~Healing
~Party Healing
~Meditation
~Mana Shield
~Natural Shield
~Lightning Shield
~Fire Shield
~Ice Shield
~First Aid
Puppeteer: Control and command [Puppetry]
~Control Marionette
~Colossus Marionette
~Pierrot Marionette
~Act 1: Inciting Incident
~Act 2: Threshold Cutter
~Act 4: Rising Action
~Act 6: Crisis
~Act 7: Climatic Crash
~Act 9: Invigorating Encore
The Alchemist: User of the Elements [Transmutation]
~Alchemy Mastery
~Transmutation
~Mana Crystallization
~Rain Casting
~Water Alchemy
~Clay Alchemy
~Barrier Spikes
~Summon Golem

Optional:
~Hydra Transmutation
Character Profile Thread

Character Form:
Name:
In Game Age: [between 15-25]
Game Gender:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Skin Color:
Physique: [thin, chubby, busty, flat, muscular, lithe, etc]
Race: [Giant, Elf, Human] {each comes with draw backs and advantages}
Height:
Weight:
Place of Residence: Refer to Map, and Questions ask
Place of Birth: Refer to Map, and Questions ask
Appearance: [can be image, nsfw or sfw, just note if it is nsfw]
Sexuality:
Personality:
Anything i missed: [we will work on weapons later, and armor]

I'm putting in my interest, this sounds pretty fun. A bunch of those roles sound fun: Bard, Gunslinger, Cleric, Puppeteer are the ones I'm leaning toward. I'm good for taking more of a support role, but good for anything if there's a gap that needs filled.

Cleric, Puppeteer, Bard is actual an Ace Talent in Mabinogi so they work well together as a sort of supportive offense role. Having access to healing, buffing, and offense.

But I have to see how many will join before i decide how many talents I will add, and skills, and how many each person can specialize in.

I'll happily play the tactical mage. I hope for some kind of summoning ability though. Always lots of fun to, "hhhmmm, that is quite the army you have there. *snap* Oh shit son. A army for you to face.*

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Hydra_Transmutation

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Summon_Golem

since I am basing it off Mabi these are the only two skills I can add, they are alchemy, BUT I can modify it where you can summon more golems, smaller ones, or smaller amounts of larger ones, depending on your skill and stat levels, will that be ok?

Yes, I would very much so like to summon more then one. Only as long as its not to much trouble to modify.

what i can do is this:
each skill ranks from N [novice] all the way up to 1 [max rank]

N, F, D, C, B, A, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

so maybe rank N-B he can summon 1 smaller golem; A-6 he can summon 1 large OR 2 small; 5-2 he can summon 2 large or 3 small; and at max rank 1 he can summon 4 large OR 6 small

I like that. Certainly works for me. Does golem strength scale with rank, or am I having to forgo that considering I'm going to be summoning more then one.

ok, tonight I shall be updating this age with more details. If you can give me a few character talents you would most like then i can work out which ones to include as far as skills and talents go to keep it a little less complicated so we are all on same page

I'm surprised that there aren't more people looking at this. If I had a character they would either be an Ranger or warrior (or bith and just specializing in the first, only losing the last if necessary). Oh, but I am interested. It does sound fun. This might be my first group roleplay on here then.

ok sounds good. sorry about delay tonigjht will be night. Saddly my IP is always changing due to something..SO i may ocassionally poof since my IP may link with a banned user saddly :/ But, barring any issues, i will flseh it out tonight.

Badadook; when your online please reply with class choice, we have:

~Bard, Gunslinger, Cleric, OR Puppeteer
~Alchemist/transmutation [hand in hand]
~Ranger OR CC

[if we have room you guys can list 2 classes

Apologies for my absence. I am interested in the gunslinger class. I'll probably trickshoot with both handguns and a sniper. Might pack a shotgun, but I'm not sure on that yet. It's easier for me to post on the weekends, but I should be able to stay updated from now on.

I could also play our cleric if no one else is up for it. It's less appealing to most because it's not all about the beatings.

If you'd like to be the cleric, feel free. I had posted about it earlier, like you said not many like to take it and I'm usually pretty fine with it. I like playing the support classes, so I'm good with cleric or something to that effect. It looks like puppeteer is going to basically be a summoning class, so I'll leave that alone for the guy that wants to be more along that line.

Perhaps a bard/cleric mix could work, mostly support with a bit of healing and offense.

Back
Top Bottom