Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

We're All Domed (Thatguy and Celebstars)

thatguy

Planetoid
post_apocalyptic_by_pathogens-d3gaevo42016th

31 days was all it took to find Hell on Earth. What was supposed to be New Year's day of 2016, would now be called Dome Day. The mysterious barrier trapped all 8.4 million inhabitants of New York City and isolated them from the rest of the world, and they didn't even know about it.

Except the Taxi driver who was taking his fare to Jersey when he slammed directly into it, killing both himself and his customer on impact as it was like a fly to a windshield. Then there was the US Coastguard vessel making it's rounds when it happened upon the barrier.

What happened was that it completely sliced the boat in half, and being so close to the wall, the men on board were near instantly killed by a massive electromagnetic pulse, stopping their hearts and letting them sink into the Hudson with their craft.

Then there was Flight 197, coming in from Boston, carrying a little over 100 unknowing passengers sleeping the trip away as they just barely made it out in time, except for the electronic problems, which completely shut down the engines and sent the plane flying like a cruise missile into the heart of Jersey.

Nobody on the ground in the city would have any knowledge of this though, as all sound from the outside world was cut off. Electronics still transmitted sound though, so the traditional festivities went off without a hitch.

NOW

Coming from then, we find ourselves in what was once a modest looking apartment in the Soho region, and the guy who lived there and an impressive entertainment system, an island kitchen and many other standard luxuries that he could afford on a police officer payroll, but now many of those things were useless.

Jack was the man's name, and he was just getting out of bed at 7 in the morning wearing a white tang top and his boxer briefs, his last bit of truly clean clothes. He rubbed the little amount of sleep he got last night from his eyes before turning to the younger blond girl still asleep in the same bed, and decided to let her continue to sleep as he grabbed the bottle of booze from his bedside table, noe warm like the day and like every other bottle of booze still left in their little snow globe of a world and Drank heavily from it.

"Time to start the day," he said sarcastically.

"I don't want to" Laura said, her face pointing towards the wall, her back to the man who had just woken up. She wasn't asleep, she couldn't fall in to that state given the circumstances. The pretty blonde, given the nickname Barbie from another man in the house, had a defect because of the dome over the city. She had no idea she was claustrophobic, but found out and the idea of being trapped from the outside world was enough to make her a wreck everyday. In a weird way, it kept Laura inside of the house, she hadn't left it since she met Jack two weeks ago and stayed whilst some of the men and women who wandered out to get supplies.

In the bedroom they both laid in, there was another bed opposite, a mother and son were sleeping in it, she must of been in her 40's, the son in his mid teens. In the living room, a further two men slept there and in the master bedroom, a married couple.

Laura was wearing a black t-shirt which hugged her small slim frame and had on a pair of white panties underneath. She considered herself lucky that she had met Jack, she doubt she would of survived on her own outside. But give her state of mind, she knew the people she was staying with thought little of her because she wasn't tough enough and very weak. Laura couldn't help that though, she started to get depressed about the whole situation.

Turning on her side, to face him, Laura looked up at the man who was drinking, "You know they don't like it when you do that. They are afraid of you though because your a cop" she said, getting on to her knees, taking the bottle from him and taking a swig of it to.

"I don't like anyone else here, your the only person I trust, the only person who doesn't care if I am weak." Laura wondered why that was, but she didn't care, she had his protection she thought.

"You have to," Jack said as he turned and handed her the rest of the bottle of booze and briefly rubbed her back, "don't worry, Barbie," he teased her with the nickname reluctantly, "I won't let anything happen to you guys," he smiled with a smile before standing up and slipping on a pair of jeans. He slipped his department issued Barrett into his pocket before moving to the greasy looking windows and up at the distortion the dome created over the sky.

31 DAYS AGO

Jack was at the ball dropping ceremony as an assignment, he smiled and raised a fist when it became 2016, and that was when things became even worse as many of the people surrounding him just suddenly disappeared, leaving behind all their material possessions.

Cameras were dropped, kissers stopped kissing, mothers and fathers and sons and daughters alike were no more. In a city of 8.4 million, was now a world of 18042099th thousand in the blink of an eye...

She wasn't sure what type of relationship she had with Jack, but it was all she had. Laura hadn't seen any of her family, she wasn't sure if they had disappeared to, or worse but now she only had a man who she had met weeks ago.

"Can me and you just go then? You said you would try and train me? You know I need it. It is mayhem outside and don't tell me it isn't. The entrance is barricaded and John set traps down there." John was one of the men who slept on the couch, he was some kind of expert, although he never really said in what field.

"Plus I don't like being here with that boy." She whispered, who was sleeping in the bed opposite. "Always staring at me. Freaks me out."

Getting off the bed, she put on her own jeans and buttoned them up along with the zip before pulling out the tank top trapped underneath. "Let's just go, before anyone else wakes up."

Back
Top Bottom