Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In which you'll find Silva's thoughts

Silvamoon

Star
Well, time sure does fly! I am nearing my fifth year on the site (which is insane) so I figured it was time to start a nice little journal to catalog some of my thoughts.

While in the car today a song came on that my muse loves, so I wanted to share it with you lovely people. *No shame, I love me some T-Swift!

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/e-ORhEE9VVg[/video]

As one of my current scene's appears to be nearing its climax I will steal a lyric that summarizes my thoughts:

I'm dying to see how this one ends..

Well, that was a pleasant surprise, seeing you've created a journal! I thought I'd be first to comment.

Five years is insane, and I'm happy to be have been writing with you for more than one of those, which is a little crazy in itself.

I look forward to reading your thoughts....does that sound stalker-ish?......oh well :)

I'll admit, I do like Taylor Swifts, Love Story.

Mr Quixotic said:
I'll admit, I do like Taylor Swifts, Love Story.

Love Story came out when I was in the ninth grade, and it was performed at every talent show/music event/student social function. It was way overplayed, and the girls would not stop writing the lyrics all over everything - notebooks, whiteboards, homework, and even bathroom stalls. Even worse was her You Belong With Me song. *shudders*

I have a love/hate relationship with Taylor Swift. I think she's a great song writer, but her voice doesn't do it for me. It's pretty average compared to other young singers in the music industry. Saw her live a few years back, and it was slightly disappointing. But then, I love her music (and even more ever since she went full pop), so I do like her.

I love the songs Blank Space, Style, and Out Of The Woods. So very catchy.

Taylor Swift is literally the queen of catchy! I also am loving Style right now, and also from her newest album I Know Places and Clean.

For Quix I'll just leave this here xD
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/8xg3vE8Ie_E[/video]

Because costumes, and also some strangely relevant lyrics to our current scenario!

------------------------------------------------

I've been meaning to join in on the journaling fun for a while now, but I'm lazy. I'm not sure how often I'll be updating, but at least there's a spot for my ramblings now. :]

ALSO FUCK YEAH GO BOLTS~ ROUND 2 HERE WE COME

CDzh3BUVEAA6zfs.png:large

Silvamoon said:
For Quix I'll just leave this here xD

Because costumes, and also some strangely relevant lyrics to our current scenario!

Are they the costumes for our next story? And those lyrics are strangely relevant.

So is something else you said on this journal, in regards to one of your story's coming to a climax. However, I'm going to keep you in suspense with what I mean there; my brain does make random connections, and wouldn't want to spoil any surprises. Ask me when ours is over :)

Hmmm, they very well could be! >:]

Also, what did I do to deserve such a cryptic message? Now I will wait even more impatiently to find out what you're talking about! To continue in the T-Swift theme:

tumblr_lxtof2xAF21rnqm78o1_500.gif

Silvamoon said:
Also, what did I do to deserve such a cryptic message? Now I will wait even more impatiently to find out what you're talking about! To continue in the T-Swift theme:

Now I feel bad for being mean (apparently!) I can tell you if you like!

Or, hopefully the post I plan to leave you later will make up for it :)

I'm a bit torn, because I do love surprises! Although it seems that I may have to wait a bit to hear about this one!

We'll see how your response goes. ;]

My life this morning:

be8f46249ea90252d123eec581a7c78b810a0d79d20bc8e9c3ca0dbb29d82ab6.jpg

When I'm trying to sleep in just a teensy little bit, and my stupid neighbor decides 7am would be the perfect time to cut his grass. For an hour. FML

So, yesterday I attended my second commencement ceremony in a year, this time in recognition of my master's degree. Wooo!

Honestly I wasn't really looking forward to hearing over 1,000 other graduates names called within the span of 2 hours but it actually wasn't that bad. My friends and I kept each other amused by joking at some of the crazy names the speakers had to pronounce. Engineering was also being awarded their degrees in the same ceremony that my college was so you can imagine how interesting some of those were. xD

This was my cap, which of course pays homage to my love of all things Disney! <3
20891_10206526271260811_2464846185137912758_n.jpg

And now I have some vacation time coming up and I will enjoy myself before beginning a full-time internship in June!

Congratulations Silv. Obtaining a Master's is an awesome effort, and all that hard work will pay off. A great feeling, too, knowing you won't have to wake up to go to class ever again!

You're a fan of Disney? I'd never have guessed :)

Thanks Quix! And shhhh, gotta keep the Disney thing on the down-low. Not like I'm going again this weekend or anything. xD

kolvlRnXh8Jj2.gif

Before the fun though; Current mood:
4JXJ52VS1j3B6.gif

Battling a cold I'm sure I received from commencement. >.<

Thursday are an interesting day of the week for me because they are either really good days or really bad days.

This morning I received some exciting news from work that I, and some other coworkers, had won a prize raffle and that I was awarded a pair of Beats by Dre wireless headphones. Woooo!

qE4ph7Tl9e4tG.gif

And then later today, I received a call from my bank stating there are suspicious transactions on my credit card and that it had been compromised. FML. And now I wait a week to get a new card in the mail. D:

vuYK6Pn7h8mek.gif

So in conclusion, can it be Friday yet??

Sorry to hear about the credit card issues. It's a pain having to wait for a new one. At least the good news is that it appears the bank caught it early, and did something about it.

Edit: I forgot to add, it was Friday here, but that probably wouldn't have helped anyway, XD

Yeahh it is definitely not a fun part of being an adult, but they were able to call me and take the charges off which was nice. Although still waiting on that new card to arrive.

In better news, in 3 days I will be heading off to the beautiful caribbean for 7 nights! I've only been to one of the ports of call before so I am quite excited to visit some new places. :D

2FayUBN5Kl5sMdsIg.gif

Enjoy the cruise, and a week should give me enough time to compose a story response for you to return to. Don't (or do!) drink too much of that Carribean Rum :)

I have returned! A wonderful time was had by all, and (more than) a few drinks were consumed. xD

And speaking of rum, I definitely brought back a few bottles! Gotta love duty free shopping hehe.

This was a photo I took at a lovely private beach that I had the fortune to spend some time at in Roatan. <3

11151068_10206627420789486_8695728426480170198_n.jpg

I shall begin working on my story replies soon!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time, and how surprising that it included a few drinks!

That beach looks awesome.

Welcome backl

Mr Quixotic said:
Glad to hear you had a wonderful time, and how surprising that it included a few drinks!

Pretty sure you think I'm an alcoholic Quix! xD

I promise that's actually not the case! I'm more of a coffee-aholic, as we've discussed.

coffee.gif

Currently:

Procrastination.gif

Not sure if it's just me, but when I have time off and pretty much nothing that needs my immediate attention I find it hard to get anything done?? Today I basically just dicked around because it was raining and I felt lazy, although I did manage to squeeze in the gym and some errands so I don't feel completely useless. xD

Anywho, apologies to those I owe replies too! I'm promise they're coming, but, well... see above.

Silvamoon said:
Pretty sure you think I'm an alcoholic Quix! xD

I promise that's actually not the case! I'm more of a coffee-aholic, as we've discussed.

Not at all, Silv. Though I'm sure you'll need a few drinks on June 8th, to help you get over your loss, XD

I think we're both coffee-aholics.

Silvamoon said:
Not sure if it's just me, but when I have time off and pretty much nothing that needs my immediate attention I find it hard to get anything done?? Today I basically just dicked around because it was raining and I felt lazy, although I did manage to squeeze in the gym and some errands so I don't feel completely useless. xD

Anywho, apologies to those I owe replies too! I'm promise they're coming, but, well... see above.

Nope, definitely not just you. I always leave things to the last minute, and find it difficult to do anything until I absolutely have to. The more I've got to do, the faster and more efficiently I get things done! I'm glad you at least managed to achieve something today, XD

Edit: And I wasn't expecting a post after your journal entry, so it was a very pleasant surprise to see one pop up!

Is there anyone on this earth that enjoys unpacking?

Because it is literally one of the things I hate most. Needless to say, the past few days have amounted to this basically because putting stuff away sucks. xD

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26140-1399403974-37.gif

Silvamoon said:
Is there anyone on this earth that enjoys unpacking?

Because it is literally one of the things I hate most. Needless to say, the past few days have amounted to this basically because putting stuff away sucks. xD

I'm sure there's one out there Silv, but I've never met them!

You could always leave everything in boxes, and only remove an item when required. In a in year or three, the unpacking would be all finished. Not that I'd ever do something like that myself, XD

Wooo, everything is (mostly) unpacked and I've survived my first few days on the job! It seems like a super fun position I've landed, and the other interns on my team are very easy to get along with. Plus, my boss mentioned there's some opportunity to secure a permanent position in 6 months so yay!

LUd1RnoGO2vlu.gif

There was an awkward development, however, when I found out that one of the previous department interns who befriended me on a social media site and asked me out (which I declined because it was super sketchy) had been offered a team leader position. Thank fuck I wasn't assigned to him, and hopefully shouldn't have to interact too much!

iIsbwcn6oaKS4.gif

CJ1AeyfeeGdOw.gif

I'm not sure if it's just my misfortune, but I seem to run into this type of person more often then I think is necessary. This is the person who constantly has to interject into conversations, with a "story" that they try to relate back to themselves. This is the person who constantly has to "one-up" you.

Example: A fellow intern and I were talking about our mutual dislike of running. In comes another intern, who is not a small girl and does not appear overly fit, to inform us that despite her asthma she frequently runs 6 miles at a time.

Cue inner eye role. I don't need a lie detector test to know she's exaggerating.

Honestly she's pretty nice, but in addition to the constant interjecting to get attention she is super loud. And I'm not in the mood for that in the mornings. Or ever. Sigh.

MMfROK5szfy.gif

Thankfully I only have to see her in the morning before we all get our assignments and then after we reconvene at the office in the afternoon. I think I'll slowly just stop responding to her questions of what I'm doing for lunch. xD

Back
Top Bottom