Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Magical Love [Asphodel x samm1113]

Andrew Winterstream, a silver mage, plops down to bed. It has been a tiring day in the smiths, creating designs for jewellery, melting metals such as silver, copper and gold, and forming them to lovely shapes for necklaces and decorations. But it was worthwhile. He caught a glimpse of Samaria, whom he had fancied a long time now. He isn't much to the forges kind of work but he applied for it because Samaria was there. He supposed that it was still in his field because they are melting metal.

He was too timid to admit his crush to her. He always put the thought of him going forward to her aside. He hopes some day that he will gather enough courage because his sacrifice going to the forges every week would be in vain.

Samaria Walker was glad to finish up work, she was burned out, literally, a fire mage. She yawns as she goes to clean up in the bathroom, cooling off by splashing water on her face. She runs a hand through her fiery red hair and smiles slightly, it was a good day, they got a lot done and the jewelry they made was beautiful. She comes back out of the bathroom and ties her hair back out of her face before making sure everything is clean and returning to her own bed tiredly.

One of the guys at work has caught her eye, he was quiet though, she couldn't really be sure if he actually did return the feelings that she had.

'Tomorrow at least, I can get my mind into other things.', he thought. Tomorrow he would go to his ordinary work which takes place everyday apart from the Tuesdays he picked out as a day in the forges. He would at least be getting fresh air in the mountain areas where they reprocessed old silver and purify it. It was easy work for him, being a mage. Nonmages would often seek him for the work because doing the nonmagical way, melting and filtering the impurities is a tedious task.

He went to his room and being too tired to light a candle, he lit a his wand. It glowed a brilliant silver. He placed it on his bedside table, and began changing to his nightclothes. After changing, he lied on bed and deluminated his wand. He continue laying there thinking 'What does Samaria do during the rest of the week?' until he fell asleep.

Samaria crawled into her bed and closed her eyes, curling up in bed. She was heading to town the next day, when she wasn't working with the forges, she was a waitress at a tavern. She kept the fires going as well as making sure the place didn't burn down all while taking and serving orders. She like interacting with people but she had a fiery temper and many men who thought it was okay to do as he pleased, got burned.

She yawns and closes her eyes as she curls up, starting to drift off to a peaceful sleep in the total darkness of her room.

Andrew Winterstream got out of bed just a little before sunrise. He got to changing to robes and wore his midnight blue travelling cloak. He packed a light breakfast for himself then went out and went for an early walk to the forest.

The morning air was calm and cool. He loves walking his way to work on the mountain foot. They had to keep metals separated from plant life lest the land be polluted. It was a long walk but of course, Andrew enjoyed it. He wasn't much into flying as most wizards would prefer when going a bit this far. There was less and less mining that was happening, he was happy. It was all because people were learning to reuse old metals that they normally would have thought in the early ages were corroded too much and can no longer be in use.

After the long hike, he set down and began to nimble on his bread. The older mage that he worked with would come soon.

Samaria went to work early, lighting fires around the tavern to warm the place up before it opened. Once is did she sent a few away, helping the cook get started. She was glad to have a fun, easy, job like his, plus she loved meeting all the new faces.

She relaxed as the morning rush began and helped serve drinks and food, making sure everything stayed warm in the cool morning air. She was dressed in a simple dress, her hair tied back in a braid that swept over her shoulder.

[ :blush: Alright, I had to introduce some NPC along the way]

Winterstream saw an older mage coming up the mountain. "Good morning, Pahan Crackpot" he smiled.

"Don't call me that." the older man chuckled. It was a small joke between them. "You very well know that it sounds horrible."

"I know, but you must admit it's weird to call you Pewterpot. I mean, it sounds almost a joke. Why did you pick that as a mage name anyway? Pewter cauldrons are common."

And they would laugh at their joke again. In truth, Pahan Pewterpot had an obsession with the alloy pewter. He had a collection of various items made from the metal. Bookmarks, figurines and cauldrons.

Anyway, Andrew went on to work. There was several metals that needed purifying. He had the older man's help by removing all the dirt and putting them to a bin while the pure metals in a special container.

Samaria continued her day happily, there were no problems within the inn and the fires died down as it became warm outside. She served customers, made new friends, and learned about the travels of some fellow mages.

She chatted with them for awhile, interested in their different focuses and was always excited to learn something new along the way. As she chatted with them, some suspicious men came through and took a seat at the bar. She made her way over and smiled, "what can I get you guys?" she asks softly and they bluntly ignore her, talking only to each other. Samaria walks away, heading towards the back, she felt something was off about them and wanted the owners to know.

Andrew and Pewterpot had finished their work for the morning and went off to cleaned up for their midday meal. Pewterpot and Andrew had climbed down to the forest.

Andrew had set up a cloth and spread it over the grass. He had bought a basket with him filled with fruits, sandwiches and wine.

Pewterpot asked Andrew what he had done the past Tuesdays that he asked as a day off for, to which Andrew blushed and admitted to volunteering at the forges.

"But you dislike the forges! You wouldn't like to stay too close with fire, preferring to melt metals only with magic."

At this time, Andrew's cheeks had grown redder. He admitted to do so only because Samaria was there and he told the whole story. Master Pewterpot listened to his student throughout.

"Then you must talk to her then. Come now, don't be shy", he smiled.

Samaria had the tavern in full swing now that lunch time was around, she had the men coming in from the forges, the miners, the travelers, and the mages. She bit her cheek as she glanced around, looking for the young man who was at the forges, and almost frowned when she didn't spot him. She shook it off and continued serving orders.

When she got to a certain table full of men who were full of themselves, she knew she had to be prepared. She brought a fire near her and stood beside the table as she took orders. As she turned to put the orders in, one of the med grabbed at her backside. She gasped and immediately the fire was sent to burn his hand. He glared at her as she continued around her path and had a bit of a bad feeling about this man. She runs a hand through her hair, being wary of him while trying to keep the place going.

News travels fast in a small town like this and she knew that would be spread around quickly.

"Alright," said Andrew. "I'll give it a try this coming Tuesday."

"That's my boy!" Exclaimed Pewterpot.

Well, they cleaned up their little picnic and went back to work. Andrew was just happy to put his mind into something else. His wand mindlessly followed spell patterns as the molten metal components were separated. Iron oxides and silver oxides go to a container while the pure silver steel, iron, silver and copper go to their seperate designated containers. The oxides, rust and impurities would further be filtered and purified.

Andrew had put some potions into the mixture of impurities to let them separate into different components and this will have to be left overnight. So after all these were done and the impurities container was set aside to be check the next day, he made several cleaning solutions that would clean and protect silver. These comes in small jars which they would sell in the market. Master Pewterpot simply only kept a watchful eye on his student. He knows that Andrew was already capable with all these work. A few more time, and he will be able to earn his medallion which simply states that the wearer is a credited mage and can perform magic on their own as well as teach.

As the day continued, she luckily had no trouble with the man who before tried harrassing her, the two sons of the owner had arrived and when they showed up no one messed with the waitresses or their sweet mother. She was chatting with one when he asked her how the forges were. She told him all about it including the new man who arrived, a silver mage. He could tell she was a bit into this man and wished her luck if she was to get to know him.

She figured he was too busy paying attention to other girls during his actual work days and tried to take her mind off it by throwing herself into the work as the dinner rush started to come through.

(sorrrrrrry been on and off and been a bit crazy lately)

The next day, Andrew checked the solution of wastes and oxides that were left overnight. It was already seperated into components. The oxygen had already been released back to the air. What remained were the metals. He seperate copper, silver and steel and mixed those into the seperate containers of pure metal.

The next few days were tiring. Andrew kept working until it was Sunday. He get to rest then. He went to the temple of Yanna, the goddess of water and healing and offered some gifts. When that was done, he headed home. He used his spare time shaping a piece of silver in various shapes, trying to form something that Smaria would like. His hands wandering and he mindlessly bend the silver in random forms.

Samaria's week went by effortlessly, she cleaned and cooked and served her way through till the next Monday. On Monday she was distracted at the tavern, everytime the door opened she was sure it would be the silver mage from the forges but she knew that she'd have to wait until the next day to see him. Her mood was bright now that she knew she would see him but she was also slightly nervous. She was used to rude men attempting to flirt with her but she never truly encountered a man that seemed decent.

As the day went on she could only try and prepare herself for tomorrow, hoping he talked to her today. She was just worried he didn't want anything to do with her other than the forges.

On Monday, Andrew and Pewterpot simply chat with not much to do now. Mostly, they would chat about different plant life around them but then everytime, it would go back to the forges and Samaria. The next day would be Tuesday so Pewterpot just told him to relax and gave him some tips.

When Tuesday arrived Samaria had volunteered to go in early so she was there bright and early just warming up the place. She sighed as she glanced around and recognized a few of the other fire and silver mages. As the forges got warmer she wiped her brow, noticing how crowded it got and realized the time, they were to get to work now. It was going to be a long day, but she kind of looked forward to it.

It was already Tuesday. Andrew kept what his teacher told him, but those were forgotten as soon as he saw Samaria. She was beautiful that he blushed and looked away again. He was glad that there were a lot of work to do. He kept to his small group of metal and fire magi, where they were busy making swords, shields and other weapons.

Samaria glanced around and noticed Andrew and she bit her cheek softly, continuing her own work with making weapons. She told her self she would definitely go and just talk with him. She wanted to get to know him after all. When they broke off for lunch, she heads over to the small place but pauses, seeing Andrew again. She walks over and plays with her hands nervously, "hey," she says softly, "er, I was wondering if you wanted to eat with me?" she asks, looking up at him.

Andrew was caught by surprised. He didn't expect Samaria would approach him. He had the instinct to excuse himself and stay away but he heard Pewterpot's nagging voice of encouragement in his ear. "Oh-uh... Uhm, alright." He stuttered.

Samaria looked up at the man and bit her cheek unsure how he really felt about getting lunch. She nods and grabs her bag, leading him outside of the forges and onto a nice patch of grass, "so what made you volunteer at the forges?" she asks ssoftly as she sits down on the grass, relaxing back, but turning her head towards his. "I joined just to get away from the real world, honestly, a little break from my job."

He followed her to the small area of grass. When she asked him what made him join the forges, he replied, "Actually at first I wanted to try out something which is still in my field of work but at the same time something I'm not entirely familiar of. After joining for some time now, to be honest, I'm not fond of my work anymore."

"Not fond of your work here or your usual work?" she asks and tucks some hair behind her ear, "It's pretty cool what silver mages do," she says and smiles, "though I have to admit I do like being a fire mage," she teases, trying to lighten up the mood a bit.

Samaria smiles and nods, "ah," she says softly, "I dunno I like working here once a week, it gives me a break from the real world," she says and smiles. "I'm a waitress at the Lightning Tavern," she say and blushes herself.

Back
Top Bottom