Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

United Fronts [Path & RA]

RandomAttributes

Planetoid
"I-I am sure that if-f-f...if we could just talk -"

"Are you shitting me?" Rai'laith spun to face the human who was hurrying after him. One hand was still fumbling with the ties of his pants; the other jabbed accusingly at the King's lackey. "There's no talking about that one," he spat, livid. "It's a hell no. The guy could hardly hold onto his sword while we were moving, and then he misses the group that I specifically pointed out to him - and - " He was so angry that the words had troubles coming out of his mouth. Scowling, Rai instead turned to securing his pants again, making sure they wouldn't fall before he started to stride across the fort's courtyard in long, quick steps. The human trailing behind him had a shirt in his hands, but Rai paid no heed to it. It didn't bother him, after all, to walk around naked. Instead, he waved the other off, growling softly when his hurt shoulder moved. There was a gash right by the muscle that was steadily bleeding, and ached.

But he was a dragon, and he healed quicker than humans. By now, Rai could safely assume that all of the soldiers knew about him and his dragon form: it was hard to miss whenever he took flight or landed. And most knew who he was even in his human form, too. Rai had bright yellow eyes that unsettled many, and pitch black hair that hung to the top of his shoulders.

The King's surveyor hurried to catch up again, eyes wide at the sight of dragon's blood, which was several shades darker than a human's. "S-sir, I do apologize - the infirmary can stitch you up, and then we can try another knight - t-there are several soldiers who are more t-than capable, and -"

"Not today." Rai's voice was deadly firm as he said it, and he glared at the human. "Not today." As a second thought, he snatched the shirt out of the man's hands before starting to walk, aiming to return to his room. There, he could get some quiet time, rest, and heal. Rai pressed the balled up wad of shirt to his shoulder as he went, resisting the urge to scowl again. He had thought this would be an easy solution for himself: satiate some bloodlust, win a war, get a large pile of treasure to kickstart his hoard. But if all humans were as incapable as the idiot who actually spurred him like a horse, then Rai didn't want to have any part in the stupid human's scuffle.

Oscar watched the spectacle before him and gave a dismissive scoff. He never particularly liked dragons, they were arrogant lords in beasts skins at beast while apocalyptic tyrants at worst. However he couldn't say he hated them, ironic given his title, it was more like an apathetic spite. Like an underdog beating a champion it always brought a great deal of satisfaction when a "mighty lord of the skies" was felled by a lowly man. But he digressed. As arrogant as they were each dragon could, by themselves, take out a single battalion of soldiers. Having one on your side was an asset no one could ignore, especially in these dire times.

From the looks of the dragon and the disheveled look of Sir Berrick, Oscar could tell all did not go well. Berrick was a great knight, courageous and loyal to a fault but horribly daft. Sadly it was a trait shared by many of knights who dedicated themselves to lords and churches. All "holy light" this and "for the king" that, they were all lawfully stupid, too optimistic to see the big picture. That's why the knights of the wandering road were here, no churches, no kings, just men who wanted to do right by the people.

Moving at a leisurely pace, Oscar caught up with the dragon and said in a lazy tone, "So I see you've met Sir Berrick, a good man but a few arrows short of a quiver." Staring strait ahead instead of the dragon himself.

Rai'laith saw the other male approaching and settled in to pointedly ignore him. If he were like the others, he was sure to say something about how it was hard to adapt to a dragon - much harder than riding a horse - and how they just needed more time, or to find a right math. But Rai felt fed up with being taken out for a spin ever other day or so in hopes of utilizing him and his other form. Yellow eyes narrowed in distaste as the blond man caught up with him.

Instead of some sort of patronizing comment, the other male offered an observation that made Rai snort. "'Sir?'" Rai replied back, voice still clipped though he indulged himself int he conversation. And just like the other, he avoided eye contact - Rai lifted the bundle of fabric from his shoulder, examining the gash as he spoke. "You mean he was actually a knight? After that flight, I assumed he was the village's drunk." Rai made a mental note to skim over the reminder about the leg straps. If someone couldn't stay in his saddle, Rai was starting to feel like he had no obligation to help them.

At last his eyes flicked over to the other in a sideways glance, as if to size him up. There was a pause as he gave the man a quick once over. "Tell me," Rai said, "is all of your kind as hopeless as I am thinking they are? Perhaps it would be better for me to wait for each side to kill each other off and take the spoils."

Back
Top Bottom