Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Would you put that in your mouth? Warning

Would you try bull testicles?

• Total voters

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
Alt. title "shit you'd try".

Saw this recently: http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/17-horrifyingly-disgusting-retro-gelatin-recipes#.acZ5gMBjp

And it got me to thinking... with my stomach. Because although my first reaction is revulsion, bred out of a childhood romanticizing and adoring Jello brand gelatin, plastic cups in my school lunch or as a cool treat on hot days, I am forced to confront descriptions. Like, lemon gelatin with salmon? We squeeze lemon juice onto salmon when it's cooked, yeah? So, considering how much sugar may or may not be added to these gelatin recipes, it's actually not that gross. It becomes a texture issue. It's like how when I was little, I didn't ever want gravy on my mashed potatoes because the liquid meat juice pooling all over my sacred, fluffy taters was horrifying. Now, after trying it, both mixed in and not, with butter added and not, I fucking love gravy. I get upset when there's NOT gravy, like I'm being swindled out of something.

I'm all for trying things, so, let's be brave in this thread(or at least, internet brave) and post dishes that are on the whole considered "gross" by the majority(Americans) but we'd actually be willing to try if presented with a fantastic cook of the dish and the opportunity.
(please, if you post pics in this thread, put them in spoiler tags as I have done with mine, as some people might be overly sensitive to visuals)

Okay! First up! Desert Oysters! Aka, bull testicles. :D

fritters.jpg

tumblr_lsidzljKtg1qbiqb1.jpg

20100510-nastybits-deepfriedtesticles.JPG

20100510-nastybits-panfriedtesticles-thumb-625xauto-88762.jpg

I dunno, I'm really warming up to them. Like, fuck yeah, that shit looks tasty. Then again, all you have to do is deep fry something in batter and you extend a near universal olive branch to my stomach and taste-buds. But even that pie piece with the butter/cream garnish on the side looks good.

Let's not ask "why" in this thread but focus on "would you?" ;)

If you didn't disclose it to me, yes. If you told me, by brocode law, I couldn't eat it.

BobSaget said:
If you didn't disclose it to me, yes. If you told me, by brocode law, I couldn't eat it.

Brocode law? Do you mean broccoli? Broccoli is so good for you! Eating a bowl of broccoli is a better source of calcium and phosphorous than a whole half gallon jug of milk.

Rudolph Quin said:
Brocode law? Do you mean broccoli? Broccoli is so good for you! Eating a bowl of broccoli is a better source of calcium and phosphorous than a whole half gallon jug of milk.
NOOOOO. FUKKKK BROCCOLIIII

So if there's a bro code...does this mean there's a sis code? Or how about a uni code...or maybe I'm just thinking about unicorns. You know, the things with spiral points shooting out of their brains. Or...something. <.<

Oh! Narwhals!
I wonder if anyone knows what they taste like. Probably just blubbery salty goodness. So. Exactly like bull testicles? Maybe..?!

How about haggis or penises? I know what haggis is and want to eat it at least once. I saw a show on MTV where a man had to do dares or get punished when he didn't complete at least more than half of them. One of them was eating the penis of animals in a restaurant that exists somewhere in Asia. I think it was in Taiwan, but I'm not sure...

Back
Top Bottom