Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gooey. Heart-racing. Bittersweet. Let's Write ROMANCE! [MxF][AIM/YIM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lljk

Star
Do note that I'm only looking to RP over AIM, YIM, and maaaaybe Skype. Skype may take some convincing as I rarely have it installed.

Hello ladies and gents, I'm here today to write about a little thing called ROMANCE. Sometimes awkward, occasionally unlikely, known to be saccharine and lovey-dovey, and even elicit a fist pump. I'm talking dances under the moonlight with a would-be assassin, sentient programs longing for a connection to make them whole, and that delicious thumping in the chest as bashful eyes look away while fingers interlock. From epic adventures to slice of life built on sugary fluff, oh you better believe we'll be writing love stories.

Of Smut and Story

I enjoy writing smut, and I enjoy writing story. In fact I even enjoy plots that are completely devoid of sexual content, and those that are essentially pure smut. With that in mind, please do me the favor or letting me know what ratio of story to smut you're interested in! Though if we're going to go the pure smut route then expect the plot to play out like your ecchi series of choice 'cept, you know, the characters actually fuck. Kink wise, I have a strong preference for remaining mostly vanilla when dealing with a greater amount of plot and romance. I probably won't even have an interest in light D/S play unless the plot is close to purely smut. Bathroom stuff is always a no for me.

Characters that Excite and Delight

When it comes to my characters, I definitely have my comfort zones. I tend to stick with the goofy and mischievous, the stern and serious minded, the driven and focused, the eternal slacker and procrastinator, the naive, the overly critical, the sarcastic and dark humored, the noble, the fallen, the desperate, the vulnerable, and the warm-hearted. Angsty and brooding, eh, I'm not so great at, and I'll never play cruel or abusive characters. The dashing, the naturally popular, and the stunningly cool aren't in my usual deck of cards. Seducing is...not really my thing, either. Melting and mending broken hearts? Yes! Additionally, I'm a bit particular when it comes to age gaps. I stick to playing characters no older than their early to mid 20s, and I never play as a teacher or other mentor role. I am perfectly content to play a character that's older than yours, I just can't get comfortable with the teacher role.

You, on the other hand, are more than welcome to play a teacher, magical instructor, or master to my role as and apprentice and do your best at seducing me or having your defenses unexpectedly broken by an irresistible student who doesn't even realize what he's doing!

As for the characters I'm interested in, well, honestly a fun and compelling character to play off of and be paired with is what really draws me into a story. Passive and bland characters do no do it for me at all. If she's meek and timid, then let there be other layers waiting beneath that show there's so much more beyond what can be gleaned from that initial, awkward conversation. I love characters with agency, the kind that even if they don't find their love realized feel like that they could go one to have other stories told about them. In fact, I have written plots where the characters just don't end up together. They were bittersweet, they were painful, they were exhilarating and they were glorious. That said, I will do my best to work for a happy ending, but I write characters with minds of their own, and if they don't mesh with your own then don't expect things to just work out. What's that, you're determined to see them together anyway? Then I challenge you to remodel his worldview, alter his outlook. Make him change. You're more than free to gloat about it and make him feel all embarrassed after the fact.

Actually, beyond that I'm interested in most "types" of characters. From best friends to bitter rivals, geeks and nerds to troublemakers with hearts of gold, girly-girls and tomboys, queens, princesses, and peasants, to soldiers, mercenaries, knights and bodyguards. What I love most, however, are pairings and dynamics that break the mold. A girl running with a bad crowd dating a no-good punk has been done to death, so why not pair her with the straight-laced student council president? We've all heard the stories of a damsel in distress rescued by the dashing knight, so lets call on our good friend role reversal to have a prince rescued by his lovely knight. Or hell, why not have an insecure and inexperienced knight indebted to her prince?

I also have a thing for disabled girls. I'm a monster, I know, just putting it out there! Blindness, deafness, and muteness, paraplegia and missing limbs - I just can't help but be drawn to the possible dynamics when dealing with such a character! Is she strong, assertive and independent? Timid and soft-spoken? Does she fill the room with warm and mirth or carry a quiet melancholy? Whether she is the kind of character that makes you see her for what's there rather than what's missing, or the one that faces a constant struggle every day both within and without and desperately needs a connection, I'm always on the lookout for a good story that needs to be told.

And the Romance Itself

Since this is a thread about romance, I thought we should actually talk about the romance itself and the different forms it can take! I enjoy witty rapports of back and forth flirts that keep the other wondering if they're really interested, or just teasing. Likewise I adore very straightforward characters that make their intentions very well known, and that includes both the type that await for a response and the very aggressive sort who won't let up at getting what (and who!) they want. I have to admit, I do love being pursued! Then there's also plots about characters who are trying to make sense of their feelings and those that can't be honest with themselves. I've a weakness for girls that blush fiercely over the littlest thing while loudly proclaiming to not get the wrong idea and then spend the night screaming "Kyaaaah!" into their pillow. Tsundere can be cute, okay!? I love warm, overly affectionate interactions, but I also adore more subdued exchanges. An outwardly cold and stoic character can still crave attachment, and that can come in the form of physical contact. Something as simple as hands brushing against one another or resting against a shoulder could fill her with insurmountable joy within.

Though, sometimes we reach the point where there is just too much love. Especially one-sided love. Obsessive, destructive, terrifying love. Yandere is a guilty pleasure of mine, and while I could fill up an entire other thread on the subject (and in fact I have!), I'll just say that I couldn't be happier to be subjected to your madness and obsession. After all, isn't love just a form of insanity?

Modern Romance

This is where I reveal my incorrigible susceptibility to anime tropes and cliches. Student life, tsundere, yandere, deredere, childhood friends, childhood promises, delinquents, student council presidents, oujo-samas, onee-chans, imoutos, supernatural powers, magical girls, being sent to another realm, battles to save the world and being woken up every morning by a cute girl. If you suggest anything resembling something along the lines of the above I will likely eat it up while feeling not even an iota of shame. For stories with a modern backdrop, I tend to lean towards slice of life, though there is certainly room for adventure too.

Fantasy Romance

And here we have the opposite. While I'm certainly open to a simple and relaxed slice of life plot, more often than not you better believe you're going to be grabbed by the hand as we run off for some adventure. Expect princesses to gracefully dance with a weapon in hand, unleash Machiavellian machinations, or harbor entirely unreasonable levels of destructive power. Let us craft tales of lost heirs completely uninterested in their birthright yet hounded nonetheless, streetwise orphans that beat the odds at every turn, shadowy empires that are not so wicked as they seem, radiant goddesses, foolish wanderers, oath-bound knights, and more! Oh and let's not forget that we aren't limited to just human characters, either. Demi-humans, kemonomimi, and monster girls are just the best! Who doesn't love playing the old dragon kidnapping a princess tale with a lovely dragon girl stealing away the cute prince for snuggling?

Sci-Fi Romance

I'll be honest here, when it comes to sci-fi I'm pretty much only interested in female AIs and cyborgs. If you're familiar with Analogue: A Hate Story/Hate Plus, then you know exactly what I want. I'm interested in the usual array of slice of life and adventure when it comes to cyborgs, though. I just find that juxtaposition of inhuman strength and ability when coupled with their mechanical parts coupled with their vulnerability when without incredibly intriguing and alluring.

Closing Thoughts - Let's Plot!

So if you've made it this far through my endless ramblings, then I proudly salute you. What I feel needs to be absolutely said now is that I live for developing plots and brainstorming over my partner's individual preferences. There's no one size fits all when it comes to writing, so I want nothing more than to hear what captivates and excites you, and building upon that. If I wanted everything to go according to script, then I'd just write a story on my own and be done with it, so I rely on you to be that unexpected variable, that little touch of chaos to turn things on its head and provide real inspiration! Also if I decided to include actual plots along with my many scattered ideas then this post would likely be quadrupled in length. Yeah.

Once again, this will be over AIM and YIM only (maybe Skype) so let me know how to reach you. Thanks for reading, ciao!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom