Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Spectacular Spider Man (Naomi David X MysteriousD)

Naomi David

Supernova
Clarissa Lightwood was not your average 17 year old girl. Normal 17 years old couldn't control ice and snow and whatever like frigging Elsa from Frozen. But she didn't know she could do that. Long ago, her memories and her abilities were taken away from her until she was ready to experience them again. Aside from her being a mutant, she was a normal 17 year old girl. A parent's dream. Hard worker, smart, popular... Right now, she was on her way to school. It was bitter cold out, but she didn't bother wearing a jacket. The cold, as well as the heat, never really seemed to bother her. She didn't really get any funny looks. This was New York, you could be dressed in whatever you want and people wouldn't really care.

She was tall, standing at 6 feet, and had very fair skin. She had a curvy build, but in reality, she was very strong and fast. Her hair was long and thick, wavy and shiny. And a pale blonde color. Her face was heart shaped, her eyes almond shaped, and they were a very pale blue color. Right now, she was wearing a black long sleeved shirt, black jeans, and black boots, which starkly contrasted with her fair skin and hair.

RE: Spider Man! (Naomi David X MysteriousD)

Over across the buildings of New York City, a lone man stood watching over it. He was aligned in a red and blue thermo suit with the insignia that said who he was. He was the city's protector.

He was Peter Parker, the Spectactular Spiderman.

However, he hasn't been feeling as such if at all. It all began spring earleir in the year with the supposed death of Norman Osborn, aka the Green Goblin. Harry had become colder and more isolated, even keeping Gwen Stacy, their best friend and his girlfriend from talking with him. Peter began suspecting that Harry may have been onto him, but he couldn't focus on that.

While the rest of his junior year was relatively quiet, there were some troubles such as the increased aggression of Black Cat as well as the Spring Break where he dealt with Lizard and Kraven returning, thanks to whomover turned Kraven into manimal. Once school ended, everything changed when the one year anniversary of his uncle's death ocurred. Circumstanced led to him meeting the man, aka Black Cat's dad. Despite eberything that had happen, Peter found himself forgiving the man since it was an accident as well as forviging himself for his failures. Black Cat did forgive him for what happened back then as well, but kept low.

Meanwhile, new villains popped out of the woodwork. Hobgoblin came to take the place of Green Goblin and new villains like Hydro-Man ended up appearing. Some good news was Silver Sable going straight and her teaming up with Sandman. He didn't know what they did, but their occasional visits helped deal with his load. Other good news included JJJ's son recovering from the breakdown caused by the spores. He ended up retaining maintaining some of the benefits of the spores and continues his work at Colonel Jupiter, namely as an astronaut so Peter once saw him with Silver and Sandy. Lastly, Peter managed to help Mark Allen both as Spider-Man and Peter. Not only did he have an occasional ally and person to talk to, Liz ended up forgiving him and being his friend.

The worst part was near the end. Green Goblin came back and things got terrible in a hurry, especially once Harry found he was SpiderMan. He didn't want to indulge in the details, but it led to death of Gwen Stacy and Harry attempting to kill his own dad in outrage of being used. Peter stopped him though. It was only weeks earlier George Stacy died from a foe as well. Though with Goblin's defeat, most of the supervillains went scurrying while Harry was sent to a care center and Peter to grieve.

That was months ago. Things have gotten marginally better. Harry is on the road to recovery and he couldn't stay at home nor at Peter, he stayed with the Allens for a bit. Harry is now in a relationship with Liz and is getting ready to undo alot of the damage Oscorp did.

Peter hasn't had much luck. Crime was low and he more-or-less gave up being SpiderMan, the night having caused him tremenous grief. Yet he showed up, compelled to where the suit today. He didn't know why.

Perhaps there was trouble...

Clarissa was reading a newspaper while she walked to school, crime was indeed low, though she noticed it was low from a super villain perspective, and not from a normal person perspective. While the more spectacular criminals had gone, the mundanes had moved in with robbery, murder, the more average things, and as always, kept the hands of the police full, as if they didn't have enough things to deal with. It would have been nice to see better things in the paper than constant things about crime, it would be nice to see things like academic achievements from school children across the city, a fresh breeze. People didn't need constant reminders about how dangerous the city was.

One thing she also did on her way to school was give a homeless man that 'lived' near her house some breakfast, he was a sweet old man, always listened to her. It just seemed that the denizens of the street had more time to talk to her than her own parents, which greatly disappointed her, since it was like they put their careers over their little girl, their only child. She kept odd company, but she was nice to everybody she met. It was easier to make friends than to be mean to people. Which was why it made her really pissy to see bullies. It broke her heart to see people being cruel to each other... But that didn't stop her from teaching people lessons on why you shouldn't be mean to others.

The bum she gave breakfast to each morning was getting abused by the Cotton Mouths, a local gang that operated not far from the subway that wasn't too far from the house. The way to identify the lot was if you saw the tattoo of a cotton mouth snake on their arm, or the picture of one sewn into their hats. Least her backpack was heavy, she could swing it like a mace to knock heads. The old man howling in pain was what got her into action. Without thought for her personal safety, she charged them, swinging her very heavy backpack at the nearest gangbanger's head, which knocked him down and out cold... And then she was surrounded... But she felt without fear, and felt a strange surge of power. The air around her suddenly got colder, and the snow that was falling, it seemed to get heavier... Again, nothing bothered her. One of the bangers charged her, and she swung again, missed, but she swung her legs against his and he went down like a rock, and his head hit the pavement. Another knockout.... And then the knives came out. Shit!

Spider-Man had been swinging through the city, looking for any signs of trouble. So much has changed. For starters, there were now people who knew his identity and it made his life easier. Tom Hardy was the one who first figured it out and Spidey didn't know if he told Black Cat. He has not seen her as often, but from the last time they spoke, she needed to search for who she was. The first person he told was ironically Mark Allen, Liz's brother and Molten Man. It was the best way to earn his trust and ensure he would help. Liz found out and she was intially upset, but took it in stride when it explained alot of things and while she knew her and Pete may not work as a couple, they could still be friends.

Harry learned of it and that was a complicated mess. However, their friendship did survive and loads of apologies were given when Harry realized what a monster Norman was. He and Liz were truly happy with one another and Mary Jane seem to be doing all right with Mark. That left him by himself. She didn't know, but she accepted his disappearances and helped him cover for him. Flash left him alone also and Peter wondered about their friendship as children and if he should try and reconnect. However, the deaths of several good people, most of all Gwen's, still haunted him deeply.

Before he decided to throw in the towel, he looked down and saw a rather attractive girl his age fighting some gangmembers. She was holding her own and then the knives came out.

"You guys are that bad to gang up on a girl. No gentlemen are we?" the sound of familiar quippage was heard as the red and blue clad hero swung in to kick in one of the gang members. Most paled. He was back.

The Spectacular Spiderman.

Before anyone could attack, he webbed one up and swung him around hitting the others before flinging them to a wall and webbing them up there.

"You okay?" he said to the girl.

She found herself saying prayers, prayers to deities she never believed in as the adrenaline wore off, the fear started to kick in, and that was one of the worst feelings in the world. Adrenaline dying was a very sucky feeling. Usually when ever there was a fight or flight situation, she liked to fight. She faced her problems head on, she was never one for running away. Her prayers were answered seconds later in the form of the Spectacular Spider Man taking care of all the gang bangers.

She spoke,"I'm fine, not a scratch. Thanks." One would have expected anyone to meet such a famous person to be screaming excited, but she didn't see the need. She liked the vigilantes, they took care of the business police couldn't, or heavens forbid, wouldn't deal with. Odds are a normal person was under the costume. She looked to the homeless man, and she spoke,"He needs the help more than me, I was trying to stop the gang bangers from hurting him." Interestingly enough, in a few foot radius around her, it wasn't snowing. She looked at the time on her phone, and her eyes widened, and she swore, and spoke,"I gotta go, school starts in 10 minutes!" She took off and ran as fast as she could, faster than any one should have been able to on the snowy and slippery ground. "God bless the child!" mumbled the bum, continuing,"Bravest person I know, taking on those bastards without thought for her own safety! Shame all the kids these days can't be like her! Brave, selfless, honest, intelligent, kind..." He picked up the sandwich Clarissa had dropped for him, mercifully in a plastic bag.

She was running as fast as she could towards Midtown Manhattan Magnet High School, just a few blocks away, the teachers really hated tardies, it distracted everyone when you walked into class late. She pulled off pretty impressive stunts jumping over things just to get to school on time, fighting the gangbangers took a lot more time than she thought. She'd have to leave home earlier at this rate. Her little few foot radius where it didn't snow around her followed her. Blessedly, she made it to the school in time, barely having enough time to shove her backpack into her locker and grab her needed school things before dashing into Advanced Placement Physics just as the bell rang. Thank god. She wasn't late. At the very least, she had a very exciting morning.

Peter looked at the girl and she seemed relieved to see him. To see her safe as well as the homeless man filled him with a sense of purpose. The road to recovery was going to be long, yet he found hope once more in being Spider-Man. For his Uncle Ben and for the Stacys, he strove to become a better Spider-Man.

"Yeah she seems nice," SPidey said before looking to the homeless. On occasion he would talk to them. Besides being good listeners and helping dissuade them from crime, they served as his eyes and ears at times. His eyes widened as he remembered what she said. School starts in 10 minutes. He began swinging from building to building. He grbabed his backpack and made it to class in time.

He went to his seat, waving at Matt and Liz.

"All right class, we have a new student today," the teacher said

Please leave me alone... Please leave me alone... Clarissa silently begged... No such luck. The teacher called her to step forward. Instantly, she knew she had the attention of a great deal of the boys in the classroom, she was that pretty. Perfectly proportioned features... Perfectly symmetrical features... She spoke,"My name is Clarissa Lightwood." The teacher looked confused, and spoke,"Why don't you say more?" She couldn't help herself, and replied,"If they want to know more about me, they can ask me themselves. Otherwise... I think this is done." The whole class exploded into laughter. Least that would help people like her. Honest to the point of being a dick. The teacher made a face, but continued on. Her normally pale blonde hair was a few shades lighter than normal, but nobody said anything. This was New York, you could look like anything you want. You could hardly walk on the street without seeing somebody being creative with their appearance. She sat back down in her seat, smirking, not realizing she was sitting right in front of Peter, or Spider Man.

She just hoped her folks didn't do another meet and greet. She hated it when they invited strangers into the house just to say hello. She knew she was being selfish for not wanting to be welcoming, but she never felt happy around others. She never felt right, like there was just something missing from her life. That feeling of something missing started right around when she was 8, and hadn't gone away yet. As she closed her eyes to think, a memory flashed by. It was winter time, just like now, and she was building a snow man in front of a massive mansion, or was a massive building called an estate? It looked like a home, but it had a school look about it too. In the memory flash, she looked to be around 7 or 8, and she was making it snow more and more by cackling,"More snow! More snow!" She opened her eyes, she was back in her classroom.

Peter Parker went to his desk and was spending his time in thought. He seemed to be doing a bit better, as noted by his friends. His attention shifted to the new student; the attractive girl that he ended up rescuing just a few minutes. He heard her interruption and found it funny. However, he quickly changed his mind when he saw that she seemed to be prefer to being by herself. He would respect that.

Over the course of the day, he found out that she was definitely a smart individual since she was present in his more academically focused classes. There wasn't much to do that day besides tests to check how everyone has been doing. However, before he can exit Biology, the teacher comes out and talks to him.

"Mr. Parker, can you come over here?" the teacher said. "Yes sir?" Peter asked. "I would like to request a favor. One of the students, Clarissa, has been struggling in biology and considering how well you tutored Liz Allen, I was hoping you can do the same to help her?" he asked him. "Sure, I would like to," Peter agreed to.

Clarissa quickly gained a reputation as somebody who was very cool, but very funny at the same time. That was good. She'd have a measure of popularity despite her high intelligence. Popular and smart was a rarity in school, but she wanted to keep it. Maybe she'd make friends, she wasn't sure. She had a hard time trusting. But maybe this would be the school that changed that. Her previous school was for rich snobs. This school seemed to speak more of smartness, which pleased her. She just wished her Biology grade was higher. Try as she may, she couldn't get anything higher than a C+. And she wanted that scholarship to M.I.T. pretty damn badly. She was feeling tired, so she went to the water fountain outside of the Biology classroom, and took a good long drink. It was warm at first, which was decidedly repulsive to her, then she wished it was ice cold. Suddenly, her wish was granted, the water turned cold...She was happy, cold water was much better than warm. She saw the teacher, the Biology teacher, that is, talking to another student, a boy. Just as she was going to walk by and head to lunch, the teacher spoke to her,"Miss Lightwood, in light of your grades, I have decided you need a tutor, and here he is." She hated accepting help, but she reminded herself she needed to let go of her pride, and accept help, and either way, she wanted that M.I.T scholarship. She spoke to Peter,"Shall we discuss this over lunch?" Thank god it was lunch time. She was hungry, and she was a vegetarian.

"Um all right," Peter said, noticing the girl's not-too-happy expression at needing to accept help. He understood where she was coming from. She was smart yet was ahving difficulty in one area and that to get help was hard. However, he dealt with supervillains and tutoring Liz so this shouldn't be a big issue. He followed her to the lunchroom where everyone was eating. He ended up getting the school lunch. It was nothing special.

He went and sat next to her in a random table. While he did know her name, it would probably be better to introduce themselves personally to each other. He offered his hand for her to shake.

"Hi, I'm Peter Parker. What's your name?" he asks her

She smiled when she sat down, eager to tear into her wheat bread with cheddar cheese, tomatoes, spinach, onions, avocadoes, and cucumber sandwich. She got herself a milk. She shook Peter's hand, and spoke,"Nice to meet you Peter. Name's Clary Lightwood. I call myself Clary since Clarissa's a bit of a mouthful... By the way, you wouldn't happen to be next door to a light blue house, would you?... Because if so, we're neighbors. My parents have wished me to inform the neighbors that they're invited over for dinner tonight. A sort of... Meet and greet."

"Yeah, that's where I live actually," Peter said as she shook his head. His eyebrows went up slightly upon learning that she is his new next-door neighbor. "Yeah, my Aunt May did say the new neighbors were going to be inviting us over. I guess this kinda makes the awkward greetings less awkward," Peter said to her with a smile.

"Yeah, so you've been having trouble with Biology then?" Peter said. He figured the tutoring could be another way to help deal with his grief in the loss of his first love.

The way his eyebrows went up were just adorable... She spoke,"Walk home with me, since we be next door neighbors?" She took a bite of her sandwich, swallowed, and spoke,"Oh yes. I want that scholarship to M.I.T. I've got A's in all my other classes except for Biology. it's embarrassing!" Oh stop it. Stop crushing on your tutor. Even if he is just perfect looking. She studied his face subtly, his features were symmetrical, even, she liked that. Perfect faces. She spoke,"You and your Aunt vegetarian or not? That affects what the folks cook tonight."

"You wanna go to M.I.T.? What will you be doing?" Peter asks her. "Yeah, I know what that's like. Getting one thing from stopping ya from what you need to do to reach your goals," he says to her, recalling the various mishaps with his supervillains as being Spider-Man. He looked at the girl more carefully. She was cute. But it was more than cute. He could admit to girls being attractive without paying much attention, but here she was different.

"Yeah, I guess I can walk ya home after class," he said to her with a smile

"Chemical Engineering! So all of my classes that sound remotely scientific... Well, all of my classes, really, have to be in top grades to even get in. They have such a low acceptance rate..." she spoke, smiling when he said they could walk home together. She spoke,"Where will you go to college?" If not M.I.T., then Georgia Tech. She wasn't sure if they offered the program she wanted though. She knew you'd only get hired if you went to the best schools. Lesser known schools, you got zip. Soon as she was done with her sandwich, she started munching on carrot sticks, her face clearly spoke of now being lost in thought, dreaming of where she'd go after high school.

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Peter said. WHile he was very intelligent, he wasn't using what he was capable of. While he attributed this for being Spider-Man, he feels like he might be holding back subconsciously, but he doesn't know for sure. "Yeah, I kinda been having trouble deciding where to go myself. Wanna stay close by so I can still take of Aunt May," Peter said. One backup plan was working for Oscorp... or whatever Harry would rename once the whole debacle with what Gobby left was over with. Hoo boy.

"So you wanna go into biochemicals or what?" he aksed before digging into his leftovers

"Improving the lives of people. Making medicines more safe, lessening side effects or removing them entirely. Or when people go off their meds, the withdrawal isn't so bad. That's what I want." she spoke. She knew she could do it. She spoke,"I've gotten plenty of acceptance letters from the best colleges, but I only want full rides. I ain't gonna ask Mom and Pop for help... Not that they would, all they ever seem to do is work." She hated it. Never really got attention from them. Least she had a decent job at Whole Foods, 10 hours each on Saturday and Sunday, and 6 hours a day on Mondays through Fridays. Decent paychecks, since she had an account separate from her folks, she was rich on her own. She spoke,"If you're looking for a job, the local Whole Foods needs a guy to stack stuff and load things, stock shelves..."

"Nah, I already got a job at the Daily Bugle as a photographer. The Jolly One can be hard to work with, but the job does pay well," Peter confessed. Photography has grown more and more on him as a career. He was still a scientist, but he would be lying if he said that he hasn't grown as an artist and a person as a result of photography.

"Yeah, maybe the labs here can help, though the main one under Miles Warren has become suspicious. He's into biochemistry, but the Connors and a friend of mine said he's not trustworthy," he added.

"I really want to help people too as a scientist," Peter mentioned.

"What about Oscorp, I think it's called?" she spoke, her tone curious. She really did want to help people. Not just with medicine, but make the job safer for cops, firefighters, and soldiers. Make something that even armor piercing rounds couldn't go through, and make it cheap. Make something that not even the hottest fire could scorch, and make it cheap. Just improve the world, period. She continued,"Not just medicine, I want to do a lot that will help people, make life safer for those in dangerous jobs, like firefighters, cops, and soldiers... I've got the brains, but I just need a lab."

Peter Parker sighed. "Ah yeah, Oscorp. That company has been going through alot of problems as of late," Peter explained as he slouched in his seat a bit. With the reveal of Goblin as Norman Osborn as well as everything he did in the creation of the supervillain and the murder of several people, the company was going nuts and his best friend Harry was trying to salvage whatever he could. At the very least, he got some of the few good aspects that Norman had.

"My best friend Harry was the son of Norman Osborn, the former CEO and founder. He could probably help you once he's recovered," he said. He noticed lunch would seen be over and he dove into his lunch to finish it.

"I'll walk you home after school. Unless our folks are already in one another's place," he joked.

"I want to be the very best, like no one ever was." she replied, directly quoting Pokémon. It was a good saying though to live by, to always to one's best. She spoke,"Sounds good!" She finished her carrot sticks and drink and recycled what could be recycled, and threw out what couldn't be recycled.

Peter Parker bid his new friend farewell as lunch time was over and there were a few classes left. The day went by rather well though in the hallways he was asked by Liz and Mark about his new friend. Liz let go of her past with Peter and hope he would find someone to be with. She had no regrets with how things turned out; Mark thought the same, considering everything Peter/SpiderMan did for him. Of course, eventually it was time for class to end.

Peter Parker was waiting for Clary so he could walk them home. He kept the meeting in mind in order to reorganize his patrol in the city.

She smiled and waved bye at Peter, and went about her day. The day was relatively smooth and simple afterwards, nothing that her genius level intellect couldn't handle. In all fairness, she should have been placed in college already, but she put her foot down, knowing that it wasn't worth proving intellectual superiority if she was lonely amongst people older than her. She put her things in her backpack, things that needed to be taken home... She was looking for, and eventually found Peter. She walked right up to him, and spoke,"Ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's get going," Peter said before he began to lead them back to their respective homes. It was a pretty cool day in New York, average for the northern state in Winter. "So why did you and your family move to New York? Where are you from originally?" Peter asked her as they were walking by.

"I'm not sure where we're originally from. My parents won't talk about it for some reason. I don't remember. One day I'm gonna do some digging. But we move a lot because of my parents jobs." she spoke, her face darkening. She hated moving all the time. Another flash of memory, a name plaque that said 'Xavier's Academy for Gifted Youngsters'. She spoke,"You've lived here all your life, haven't you?" A few people eyed her for wearing a mere long sleeve shirt, no hoodie or jacket to cover. It was still snowing out, but in the few feet radius that surrounded her and Peter, it didn't snow. She wondered exactly what happened to make her parents refuse to talk about her childhood.

Maybe she would pop in the psychic and magic shop later and visit the old woman that ran it. Nice lady, always had a comforting word whenever she was sad or upset, or just when something was plain old bothering her. When she had the time, she'd help with groceries and such. It was always entertaining to get her fortune told, outlook was always good for her, but lately the old woman wouldn't tell her what she saw. She did believe in magics and such, since if there were mutants and monsters and such that was spotted in the newspaper every so often, why couldn't magic exist?

Back
Top Bottom