Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sex addiction? Looking for a little camaraderie.

nerdfuck

The Magnificant
Is anyone else juggling sex addiction and a relationship/marriage?
I am interested in hearing everyone's stories, and interested in hearing how you maintain?

I thought I had it manageable but I have 'relapsed' hard in the past few months.

Addiction is a funny thing. It doesn't matter what you're addicted to, the process of addiction is the same.

Just some advice from someone with some experience. If you took that as judgmental, I'd say that speaks to how you feel about your condition.

Trygon said:
Alcoholics shouldn't hang out in bars. Sex addicts probably shouldn't hang out in sexual communities, either.

This is very true.

I don't see it as judgemental either - I'm an alcoholic. The fact that I quit drinking almost THREE years ago doesn't mean anything. If I walk into a bar, I'm setting myself up for trouble and I know that, so I stay away from bars.

Haha, I could have told you that. I am extremely sensitive about it. I thought I had it handled for the most part but I have relapsed in the past month or so. Not sure if it speaks for my psychological state (like being extremely stressed and it is a clutch), or something else.

I know hanging around here is not the best for me, but I enjoy rping even when it does not involve sex.
I had it managed once before despite the resources the internet offers, I can do it again. I was just wanting to reconnect with some like-minded people who understand the hardship it puts on relationships.

If this is a real problem for you and is causing unwanted negative consequences in your day to day life, maybe a Sex Addicts Anonymous group or some Couples Therapy would be more beneficial than hanging out on here.

I don't believe Bluemoon is a very conducive environment for managing an addiction such as this.

See, the thing about that is. There is a difference between a bar and an alcoholic and a sex site and a sex addict and this is why: sexuality is going to be there regardless of anything. Sexuality is a natural part of life.

I appreciate everyone taking time out of their lives to comment, but I'm not looking for tips to fix my heathen life. I just wanted to talk to people who understand the struggle. :)

Are you looking for an enabler? Or unwanted advice on why this is probably a bad idea? That's likely what you'll find here.

Probably the best bet is to look for sites dedicated to that issue, otherwise you'll probably just attract people that will either want to take advantage of your addiction or try and help. I have to agree with the other comments, it's probably not healthy to hang out here. Addictions involving everyday temptations are especially tricky. You can't avoid sexuality just like those with food addictions can't avoid a meal. But you can help by not parking in the McDonald's lot.

I'm pretty sure there is a subreddit or something for support and help through rough patches.

Unwanted advice is never fun.

Haha, actually I have connected with several people over pm who wanted to avoid the judgmental nature of the people on this site. Or as you said, unwanted advice. I got what I came after. :)

I just wanted to talk to someone who understands.

I'll admit it. I love sex, in all forms. I do consider myself an addict, I'll take it where I can get it (almost I have limits) but I know that it's me and it does not change my daily life or what I do towards others. I don't go out stalking girls looking for sex but if offered I'd take it sure. I think as long as you can manage a normal life your sex drive is find be it high or low. If all you ever want is sex, then make sure your partener or whoever at least understands that so no one gets hurt with expectations. Ps if you want sex ( rp and the like) or to heat things up pm me ;)

Haha glad to hear from others in my boat.

Asphodel, follow the ladies how? Like, stalking? Haha, or just can't keep your eyes in your head because I'm guilty for that one.

David, do you maintain a relationship or are you not interested in that?

Sex addiction is generally something best controlled. Sex should not be the pivotal focus of your life or relationships, it only leads to problems further down the road. I would honestly suggest taking the time to talk to people who have had their lives ruined by their sex addiction. Just like anything else, sex in moderation can be a good thing. Otherwise, it can absolutely destroy everything you hold dear.

nerdfuck said:
Asphodel, follow the ladies how? Like, stalking? Haha, or just can't keep your eyes in your head because I'm guilty for that one.
Nah, stalking maybe too creepy. Not my style. Yes, I just mean look at them. Stare, sometimes. But not stalking. Alright, once I might creeped a friend by stating their hair is awesome. I love the smell of hair next to newly mowed grass and candles.

Asphodel Terrarium said:
Just curious how the ladies show their sexual attraction? How does it manifest physically? For males it's sometimes they get hard down there. Well, I also want to know how ladies feel if they see a guy like that. My guess is.. disgusted?

This is confusing. Because depending on the context, the answers are different. Are you asking for a description of physical reactions, biological and chemical that a woman goes through when experiencing arousal? Like, what their bodies are doing?

And why disgusted? On a bus, in public, with a stranger; sure. Not a lot of people take kindly to being ogled by a stranger and an unconsented invasion by a leer or an obvious hardon can be a bit disconcerting. Not always, because there are some women who take it as a compliment or see the guy in question and get turned on as well. It's how quickies happen and the mile high club. But in a sexual situation, she shouldn't be disgusted, not unless she's a lesbian or asexual? Generally, if a woman is in a sexual situation with a man, she's already receptive, so, an erection is a validation in this case, that her receptiveness is being rewarded by his arousal and readiness to make a move, and that in turn inspires a further arousal in her.

@Rudolph Quin: I mean yes, the physical manifestation equivalent to an erection which can be seen (visually). Not the chemical thingy. I think they discuss that in biology already right?

Oh.. I see.. Of course, if both of them are in a relationship, yes, she would see that as a compliment. XD I never was in a relationship to know anyway, haha.

Asphodel Terrarium said:
@Rudolph Quin: I mean yes, the physical manifestation equivalent to an erection which can be seen (visually). Not the chemical thingy. I think they discuss that in biology already right?

Oh.. I see.. Of course, if both of them are in a relationship, yes, she would see that as a compliment. XD I never was in a relationship to know anyway, haha.

....nipples harden, the vulva and clitoris swell, filling the flesh with blood, the vagina starts to self-lubricate, making the woman wet internally. Vaginas are pockets of flesh that are inside the body. Thus, female arousal, is generally an internal process, not as outwardly noticeable as an erection of the penis. Men and women are different, see...

Interaction does not always require a prior or established relationship. Ever hear of a 'whore'? How about "one night stand"? "Craigslist"? "Booty call"? "Hook up"? "Glory hole"?

Back
Top Bottom