Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How do you request thread?

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
Just to start off with, this is not a place to advertise your request threads or look for rps. However, sharing personal preferences, experiences and opinions are all welcomed. :)

There are some things in the rping community, that make things easier and harder to find compatible partners. Some people like to get in and get going, no wasted time! Others like the slow and steady wins the race approach. Here's a place to talk about things that make looking for rps and partners easier.

One of the things brought up recently was genders of players and pairings in request threads. Like a lot of times, a person's request thread will list a story or pairing as really gender neutral, but they're actually looking for a specific gender pairing. It can be a little frustrating sometimes when you read a request thread and get excited about a story someone is advertising but when you message them, they're actually not looking for a person/character of the gender you want to play as... and yet they didn't put that in the thread. ^^; It can save people some time if you have a particular restriction or requirement like that, to list it next to the story with a simple MxF, MxM, FxF, etc. or even stating that the pairing in the story is open to anybody of any gender, you know?

(yes, this is like the other thread but due to that author's request for the thread to stop receiving new posts, we're making a new one so that the conversation can continue and opinions and experiences on this discussion can be shared and expressed)

Ok....to get the ball back and rolling (and yeah, I'm going to sound like a broken record--and I'm being lazy and am more or less copy/pasting...but hey, I'm rather fond of how I started things off in the previous incarnation). XD

This whole topic is awesome! And better labeling of request threads is something we've been encouraging for like forever. Thing is, we definitely don't want to lump people here and there if we can help it based on pairing preferences...MUCH easier to do it based on how you want to write. And shit, if that means you like to write in a bunch of ways, meaning you have more than one request thread...so be it! Means you have more options and fancies to be tickled. XD That said, it's very true that if you want to best advertise yourself and NOT waste your own time as well as others, you'll kind of give a clue as to what you're looking for. One clue is the pairing you want to write. I mean, we all will get it that you want to write as a female if the request thread is in the female request section and it won't matter what your genitals are or anything else. End. So, for sure. Try to be thorough when creating your request threads. And be sure to read them and see if someone has any before you up and contact a person for RP. XD

And, once again, this whole discussion and everything it can bring up is definitely worth it! As for the better labels of request threads (which I call RTs, so don't be surprised if you see the abbreviation), I'm glad this has specifically come up because this very issue has come up time and again, just as it has that people don't seem to get it that you use the request sections as a means to advertise what you're writing as....not necessarily what you are personally. Because some people genuinely like to write outside of their gender and then some people just identify as both and thus like to write as both...you have a slew of things and reasons behind them and thus to keep it simple: request what you're writing, NOT what you are (even if it turns out to be one in the same). This is why we have THREE basic request sections--namely, the standard male and female and other. Other is for all other categories that don't fit the standard, but NOT for pairing, rather for what you plan to write as. So, if you want to write as a futa, really, the best section to post your request in is 'other' whether you yourself are male, female, trans, makes no difference. Same can be said if you are writing for some crazy alien beastie that is as inhuman as it gets...'other' would work for that too. XD

I have to say, I'm kinda digging this thread and I'm glad it came to be. I hope a lot of people read it. <.<

XD

I have recently come into some complications with labeling and/or explaining what I am looking for because my gender is now more fluidic/flexible but my orientation is static/fixed. As I have grown and evolved I now don't mind playing male, female, herm, shemale ect. ect. but I only want to play with females. It's just how I am.

Traditionally, I have listed at the beginning I am looking for female partners and may have put (MxF) next to the title because its easy to see and covers any pairing or story I would want. But now its more like (Something-or-otherxF)

I have always posted under the male category because that is what I am used to doing and my sex is male...I have honestly never tried the other category but from what I see it probably is the most appropriate place to put a request thread. But it still makes me anxious for some reason to go over to the Other category. Probably because I just never posted there before or something silly...XD

Well, the req thread sections are based upon character genders, not user genders, as in what gendered character you'd be playing as. If you're playing characters that do not have a set gender or they are both genders, or exist as something else that is a specialty thing, that goes in the "Other". Personally, I have the opposite issue where I play set genders but don't care about the genders of the players/characters I play with, so, that's why I post in Male requests - as in, all characters I am likely to play will be strictly male gendered. And I would do the same for plotlines involving female characters in the female req section. If you're playing plotlines where you don't care what the gender of your character is but they will definitely be either/or in the stories you choose, then you'd probably find the most luck having a thread in both.

Because when people go looking for a story in request threads, they usually have a character or kink or desire in mind and they're looking for a place to insert their own character into to match up with yours. You don't usually have men going through other males request threads unless they're looking to play a female character or do a mxm pairing. They don't go looking in the male requests(not usually) to play the male part in a mxf pairing. If they do, then they're making things difficult for themselves and looking in the wrong place because there aren't female characters usually advertised in the male req section.

Yeah that makes sense, I guess its just hard to wrap your head around sometimes. @_@ Perhaps a male-gendered thread and a other-gendered thread are in order.

I've never looked through the Other Category thread so I don't know what to expect.

Shovel said:
Yeah that makes sense, I guess its just hard to wrap your head around sometimes. @_@ Perhaps a male-gendered thread and a other-gendered thread are in order.

I've never looked through the Other Category thread so I don't know what to expect.

My impression was that the section didn't get much traffic but it's been a very long time since I had a thread there, so, the atmosphere might have changed. Good luck, Shovel! ;)

Rudolph Quin said:
Shovel said:

My impression was that the section didn't get much traffic but it's been a very long time since I had a thread there, so, the atmosphere might have changed. Good luck, Shovel! ;)

Well, can't hurt to modify the thread I have now and find out, ya?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom