Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dawn Of Darkness by RobBase086 and TakovaVega

RobBase086

Banned
Banished
It was a Sunday afternoon and Dr. Robert Sandage had to come in to do a little work on his formula for the genetic altering drug that he has been working on for quite sometime now. Dr. Sandage is 5'4" with black hair, brown eyes and weighs 179 pounds. His new young lab assistant Dr. Nova Evans is still in the lab from working throughout the weekend there. "Good afternoon Dr. Evans! Are you still here from Friday?" As he noticed she is a very hard worker. "You are such a workaholic! Does it not bother your boyfriend about you working so much?" He just shakes his head in amazement because he knows Dr. Evans is very dedicated to her work that she does.

There was something about Nova Evans that made guys turn their heads. It was hard to tell if it was the constant happy demeanor, or the sheer dedication to her work. It was no secret that she was always willing to help her friends beyond what was asked for in the work place. Occasionally she would come in that extra hour early to make sure she could start working on some of the things that needed her undivided attention.

She sat today at her desk, the digital clock beside her reading a glaringly red '3:42 PM', crossing her legs she tapped her lips as she furrowed her frown in thought. Evolution had to explain why the bats were different from their normal kin. Nova was doing research on vampire bats, mainly explaining why they even fed from the blood of animals - while their bigger cousins seem to only need fruit to sustain themselves.

Looking up from the monitor, she took off her glasses, her straight auburn hair pulled back into a pony tail, her white lab coat hanging over those thin shoulders led down to a v-neck black shirt, tucked into the brown khaki pants. Her bright green eyes looked amused as she eyed her fellow doctor.

"You know me, Dr. Sandage. Work before pleasure," she teased gently althought she quirked an eyebrow at the mention of a boyfriend. "Are you talking about my roommate Alex?" A slow smile danced across her lips.

"Alex is far from my boyfriend, Doctor. He's my brother." Well, adopted brother but no many people said anything about it. And though Nova was a good three-four inches taller than her companion, and a slim 120 lbs, currently in her chair he was far taller than her.

"However it is unusual to see you here on the weekend. Doing some more research on that 'miracle' drug?"

TakodaVega said:
There was something about Nova Evans that made guys turn their heads. It was hard to tell if it was the constant happy demeanor, or the sheer dedication to her work. It was no secret that she was always willing to help her friends beyond what was asked for in the work place. Occasionally she would come in that extra hour early to make sure she could start working on some of the things that needed her undivided attention.

She sat today at her desk, the digital clock beside her reading a glaringly red '3:42 PM', crossing her legs she tapped her lips as she furrowed her frown in thought. Evolution had to explain why the bats were different from their normal kin. Nova was doing research on vampire bats, mainly explaining why they even fed from the blood of animals - while their bigger cousins seem to only need fruit to sustain themselves.

Looking up from the monitor, she took off her glasses, her straight auburn hair pulled back into a pony tail, her white lab coat hanging over those thin shoulders led down to a v-neck black shirt, tucked into the brown khaki pants. Her bright green eyes looked amused as she eyed her fellow doctor.

"You know me, Dr. Sandage. Work before pleasure," she teased gently althought she quirked an eyebrow at the mention of a boyfriend. "Are you talking about my roommate Alex?" A slow smile danced across her lips.

"Alex is far from my boyfriend, Doctor. He's my brother." Well, adopted brother but no many people said anything about it. And though Nova was a good three-four inches taller than her companion, and a slim 120 lbs, currently in her chair he was far taller than her.

"However it is unusual to see you here on the weekend. Doing some more research on that 'miracle' drug?"

"Yes I know how much you love to work if you can do that!" As he smiled at her as he walked to his desk where he was looking at configurations of his formula and the gene strand now as it spun around. "Yeah I was speaking about your roommate Alex." As he wondered if she was seeing anyone or not because he has sort of a liking to her since she first started to work there. "Yes I am here trying to figure out what is missing from my miracle drug."

He then proceeds to write down some notes now and calculate a little bit more. "How is your project coming along now for you? Have you figured out anything from it yet Dr. Evans?" As he looked up at her. Then he started to take a sample of a powder to mix in to see if this would work or not. Then mixing it and he placed a very small sample into the microscope. "Hey Dr. come take a look at this on what is doing!" As he seems very excited and happy about it now.

"What do you think about this?"

Nova saved her notes as she got up from her desk, her own vials of different bat species sitting on a tray in various vials. "Last I heard Alex was fine with me working so much, it makes me happy. Plus it gives him peace of mind to work on that book he's been wanting to write for years."

She shrugged her shoulders, taking a vial, she reached into one of the various drawers and withdrew a needle. Placing the needle through the stopper she pulled her pulled about two mL of blood out. Grabbing a magnifying tray she placed a few drops onto it, further placing a plastic like square over top of it to make sure the her contents stayed within place.

Tucking her glasses at the 'v' of her shirt, she looked through her own magnifying glass, listening to his shuffling about the lab as she looked at the blood beneath the microscope. Writing down the differences in the various samples she had gathered from the bats at a local zoo versus those that were taken from the wild.

"Hmm? What is it?"

His talk of seeing something had distracted her. However it wasn't exactly an unwelcome distraction as she stood beside them. The bottom of her pony tail bouncing against her shoulder blades as she looked down to look at the experimentation through the the lenses.

"It appears to be taking very well to the glucose you have put into place. Have you started testing it with any blood samples yet?"

She had known that Dr. Sandage had been working on this for a few years now. What exactly the drug did, or what it was for, she hadn't the slightest. Though she did know that it was to be meant in later years to help humans. In his earlier experiments the drug itself had apparently died off without the proper ingredient in the mix to make it blossom into more than a single entity.

TakodaVega said:
Nova saved her notes as she got up from her desk, her own vials of different bat species sitting on a tray in various vials. "Last I heard Alex was fine with me working so much, it makes me happy. Plus it gives him peace of mind to work on that book he's been wanting to write for years."

She shrugged her shoulders, taking a vial, she reached into one of the various drawers and withdrew a needle. Placing the needle through the stopper she pulled her pulled about two mL of blood out. Grabbing a magnifying tray she placed a few drops onto it, further placing a plastic like square over top of it to make sure the her contents stayed within place.

Tucking her glasses at the 'v' of her shirt, she looked through her own magnifying glass, listening to his shuffling about the lab as she looked at the blood beneath the microscope. Writing down the differences in the various samples she had gathered from the bats at a local zoo versus those that were taken from the wild.

"Hmm? What is it?"

His talk of seeing something had distracted her. However it wasn't exactly an unwelcome distraction as she stood beside them. The bottom of her pony tail bouncing against her shoulder blades as she looked down to look at the experimentation through the the lenses.

"It appears to be taking very well to the glucose you have put into place. Have you started testing it with any blood samples yet?"

She had known that Dr. Sandage had been working on this for a few years now. What exactly the drug did, or what it was for, she hadn't the slightest. Though she did know that it was to be meant in later years to help humans. In his earlier experiments the drug itself had apparently died off without the proper ingredient in the mix to make it blossom into more than a single entity.

As Robert was logging down his information that he discovered that might be working. This is suppose to be a much safer way of altering a persons looks so that it will eventually replace plastic surgery. He is not sure if it will work or not though because some of the tests have been inconclusive. "That is great to hear that you are happy to be coming in here to work and give Alex a chance to work onto his book that he has been wanting to write."

As he continues monitoring through the microscope to make sure the ingredient he added is working and it sure does seem to be working now better than what it was before. "What is Alex book on he asks?' As he looks at Dr. Evans and notices that she is very busy with what she is doing. He was so excited that things were starting to work out for him since he has been working hard on this for several years now.

"Well it is taking very well Dr. Evans whatever I added to the formula." As he waits for her to come by now and look into the microscope. "What do you think?" As Dr. Sandage is very happy with what he has done now.

"I just happened to find that I used a little of my blood to test this. I just pricked my finger a little though to take the sample." As he looks very happy about it. "It seems like it has a perfect match for humans!"

As he continues working though. "I am not sure if it is ready for anyone to test it yet though."

Looking Robert over she shrugged her shoulders carefully, "He never tells me the type of books, I just know that he wanted a women's opinion on it when it was done. So...I'm guessing some sort of romance novel." Not at all unheard of when it came to a male writing it.

Eying the experiment she pulled her eyes away and gently rubbed her temples. Her own research had not been as successful in her findings as he had been. And the long hours were eventually taking a toll on her.

"Well testing it on animals should provide the building blocks to later test it on humans," she said gently turning her attention back to her work in the corner. "If you'll excuse me doctor? I have to return to my own research. Congratulations on such a big success!"

She flashed him one of her well known smiles, truly a happy person, even if she was single a majority of the time. Such a dedicated worker that she was she seldom left the labs since they had put in the sleeping area over in another part of the building.

Returning to her station, she placed the sampling to one side,labeling it as 'Fruit bat 1', her next sample taken from the vampire bats showed a different blood trend, which she wrote down eagerly. She would need sleep sooner or later though, more than likely the sooner. Or at the very least some food.

Turning back towards Robert she tilted her head, "So how are you going to celebrate your success doctor? If I might ask that is..."

TakodaVega said:

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Oh ok! That is very interesting if he does the romance novel type books for women." Rob smiles about this

He noticed that she was a little unhappy that her research is not working out as good as it should since she works a lot of hours on what she is working on.

"Yes you do bring up a very good point about testing it on animals should provide the building blocks to my answers if it is safe to test on humans." As he noticed she immediately went back to her work. "Oh of course I will excuse you doctor. I know you have to return to your own research and thank you for congradulating me on my success!" As he smiles now and is very happy about his achievement today.

Robert loved to see her beautiful smiles that she always gives. He thinks how beautiful her smile is and finds that very attractive in a woman along with her eyes which Nova does have beautiful green eyes.

As Robert began to do more research work to see if his results would remain the same after a amount of time. He wanted to make sure he has cracked the formula and made it properly before turning in anything to his boss of his results.

He hears her asking him a question. "I am not sure but I would not mind an assistant going out with me to celebrate if she has the time to?" As he smiles at her because he loves to work around Dr. Evans. "Oh it is perfectly fine for you to ask me and I do not mind that at all." Smiling back to her and then a playful wink at her now.

"I suppose so," She said gently. However there was actually no telling if the romance novel was truly geared towards women only. There were some questionables about Alex that sometimes had her wondering...

Nova rose a articulated eyebrow, it was rare any of her collegues, as much as they seemed to adore her, asking her out to dinner. Let alone after some big success they had been striving for a long time to complete. Then again by now most scientists her age were well off an married and probably had little ones on the way.

Not her, she was still too puzzled with her research to go about starting any of that. Not relationships or the whole thing. She wanted to solve her puzzle. The rest could come later. Though in this case...

She glanced from her research, then back towards her fellow doctor. "I...suppose a little break from my research wouldn't hurt anything. And food would be great." She put the pie trays away into their proper locations before going back to her computer and saving her documents in case the power went out.

"Any place in particular that you had in mind?"

TakodaVega said:
"I suppose so," She said gently. However there was actually no telling if the romance novel was truly geared towards women only. There were some questionables about Alex that sometimes had her wondering...

Nova rose a articulated eyebrow, it was rare any of her collegues, as much as they seemed to adore her, asking her out to dinner. Let alone after some big success they had been striving for a long time to complete. Then again by now most scientists her age were well off an married and probably had little ones on the way.

Not her, she was still too puzzled with her research to go about starting any of that. Not relationships or the whole thing. She wanted to solve her puzzle. The rest could come later. Though in this case...

She glanced from her research, then back towards her fellow doctor. "I...suppose a little break from my research wouldn't hurt anything. And food would be great." She put the pie trays away into their proper locations before going back to her computer and saving her documents in case the power went out.

"Any place in particular that you had in mind?"

"Well that is excellent that you can take a break from your research." As he smiled about this and started to save what he has found with his notes and formula. He even places the viles of the experimental drug into the refridgerator so it would remain cool. Robert himself was interested in some of the writings that Alex was doing to see if it was any good or not.

Robert wanted to settle down but the problem was that he has not found the right woman that feels the same about the way he views things. He understands todays woman wants to advance her career and compete with men but it seems as if they are too career oriented to want to settle down to possibly start a family. Robert has always felt that everything should be split 50/50 with the woman that he loves.

If he was to get home before his beautiful wife does then he would have dinner prepared, the house, or anything else done. It would also be great to meet someone who would do the same for him if she came home early from work. Robert loved kids and hoped to have some eventually once he has met the right woman who would not stray off with another man, lie, or use him due to how well he treated her.

"That would be great for a little break and it is good for you as well Dr. Evans!" As he smiled about this and then looks at her. "Are you needing any help putting away your things?" As he wanted to help her out if he could. "I was thinking about The Bizou. I heard that place is a excellent restaurant to eat at!" Smiling at her now.

She chuckled softly, giving him a long look with those bright green eyes of hers. "On the contrary Doctor, you should always take a break from your research every once in awhile because if you study one thing for too long you might loose the answer." She closed her binder carefully, clipping her pen to it to put a mark in place for her to get back to.

Nova stretched a moment looking rather tired as she slid her lab coat from her shoulders and placed on the back of her computer chair. "Perhaps a break will answer some unsolved questions in my own research." She said gently as she lightly tugged on her sleeves. They had mananaged to roll themselves up beneath the sleeves of her coat. Crossing her arms in front of her, she tilted her head to one side in a curious gesture.

Most career based women didn't have a nagging mother in the back of their minds demanding for grandbabies before they got too old to watch them. In fact Nova's own mother had tried to persuade her daughter to get into such a perdicament to push her through school.

She had none of it, wanting to marry more out of love than money. Money could come later, love? Not so much.

"I've never been there...what kind of food do they serve?" She wasn't much for going to eat versus a home cooked meal, though she had to admit, when was the last time she actually sat down at the house and made something she'd eat the same day rather than further along the week? Hardly ever.

TakodaVega said:
She chuckled softly, giving him a long look with those bright green eyes of hers. "On the contrary Doctor, you should always take a break from your research every once in awhile because if you study one thing for too long you might loose the answer." She closed her binder carefully, clipping her pen to it to put a mark in place for her to get back to.

Nova stretched a moment looking rather tired as she slid her lab coat from her shoulders and placed on the back of her computer chair. "Perhaps a break will answer some unsolved questions in my own research." She said gently as she lightly tugged on her sleeves. They had mananaged to roll themselves up beneath the sleeves of her coat. Crossing her arms in front of her, she tilted her head to one side in a curious gesture.

Most career based women didn't have a nagging mother in the back of their minds demanding for grandbabies before they got too old to watch them. In fact Nova's own mother had tried to persuade her daughter to get into such a perdicament to push her through school.

She had none of it, wanting to marry more out of love than money. Money could come later, love? Not so much.

"I've never been there...what kind of food do they serve?" She wasn't much for going to eat versus a home cooked meal, though she had to admit, when was the last time she actually sat down at the house and made something she'd eat the same day rather than further along the week? Hardly ever.

"Yes I know I work a lot of long hours but not as many as what you do and you are correct about possibly me finding the answers to what I am looking for. Yes I do not want to forget what I have been working on at all because it is very important!" As he watched her now close her binder with the pen in place where she left off at so when she comes back she can be right where she had left off at.

Robert watched as Nova stretched a little for a moment or two and watched her slid her lab coat off from her shoulders. As he was waiting at the door for her now. "Yes perhaps a little break will answer some unsolved questions that you have in your research."

"It is a real nice place from what I understand. They have chicken, steaks, porkchops, and some other good food there too to eat." Robert liked to go out at least once a week to treat himself with something special since he did not mind cooking for himself at home but rather enjoyed viewing people though when he went out.

"Indeed, it may be wise to make a few copies of your research so as to make sure if anything were to happen, computer failure, house burns down...you never know what may happen. That way you'll always have a copy of everything on backup." She had learned that the hard way on more than one occasion. She often intended to hit save when she should have, yet forgot...and paid the consequences by retyping several pages of data.

As he held the door open for her, she couldn't help but flash him one of those infamous smiles for him. "Thank you, Doctor." She said gently though once outside she decided another interesting point.

"The place you mentioned sounds delicious, however whose car are we taking? It seems kind of pointless driving two separate cars if we are coming back here afterwards."

TakodaVega said:
"Indeed, it may be wise to make a few copies of your research so as to make sure if anything were to happen, computer failure, house burns down...you never know what may happen. That way you'll always have a copy of everything on backup." She had learned that the hard way on more than one occasion. She often intended to hit save when she should have, yet forgot...and paid the consequences by retyping several pages of data.

As he held the door open for her, she couldn't help but flash him one of those infamous smiles for him. "Thank you, Doctor." She said gently though once outside she decided another interesting point.

"The place you mentioned sounds delicious, however whose car are we taking? It seems kind of pointless driving two separate cars if we are coming back here afterwards."

"You are very correct on how important it is to store my information that I have Dr. Evans! I would hate for anything to happen especially if I am so close with this experiment and I perfect it!" Well he always stored everything that he did after he was nearly done for the night to take home with him and be able to glance it over at his own house.

Dr. Sandage loved it when Dr. Evans flashed one of her smiles that everyone talks about and she is known for. He smiles back at her and gives her a playful wink now. "You are welcome Doctor!" As they walked out of the lab portion of the building. Other parts of it was office space pretty much for other parts of the company.

"We can take my car Dr. Evans and you do bring up a very good point about us returning here tonight after dinner." As he walks her out to his sports car Lexus that he owns because he is single and not seriously involved or married. He unlocks his doors and then opens up the passenger side door for her now. "Ladies first!" He says to her being a gentleman to her. He notices her legs inside of the car now as he then shuts the door and walks around to his side of the car to let himself in now. Placing his seat belt on and starting the car up. Then placing the car in reverse and heading out of the parking garage to the restaurant now.

Nova quirked an eyebrow at his playful wink, he seemed rather interested in her. Normally she just shrugged it off, but since the two had started to work together more it became more apparent in his interest. However she kept her calm as he pulled up in his Lexus. Though wealthy, it was quite impractical by her standards.

Then again, a scientist, she seemed to live rather well considering her student loans were paid off, her car was maybe a decade older than his own, and certainly not a Lexus, rather an old fashioned Eclipse. Probably got better gas mileage than his.

"Thank you," came her voice as she moved into the car, her long legs seemingly accommodated quite well as she pulled her seatbelt over her shoulder and snapped the belt into it's place. Her bright green eyes looking out the window as she heard him turn on the car. She rather enjoyed watching the scenery go by, it kept her mind distracted, and yet organized.

TakodaVega said:
Nova quirked an eyebrow at his playful wink, he seemed rather interested in her. Normally she just shrugged it off, but since the two had started to work together more it became more apparent in his interest. However she kept her calm as he pulled up in his Lexus. Though wealthy, it was quite impractical by her standards.

Then again, a scientist, she seemed to live rather well considering her student loans were paid off, her car was maybe a decade older than his own, and certainly not a Lexus, rather an old fashioned Eclipse. Probably got better gas mileage than his.

"Thank you," came her voice as she moved into the car, her long legs seemingly accommodated quite well as she pulled her seatbelt over her shoulder and snapped the belt into it's place. Her bright green eyes looking out the window as she heard him turn on the car. She rather enjoyed watching the scenery go by, it kept her mind distracted, and yet organized.

He smiled as he was glad that she was joining him for dinner to celebrate what he discovered today while at work. He was proud of what he worked hard in his work. He always wanted to make sure that it was helping others out and not just for the fame and money. His work will be reported by his boss because the pharmaceutical company will want the fame though. He just wanted to remain in the background though.

Dr. Sandage knew that Nova had potential because she was a very hard worker and loved what she was doing at her job. "So what do you like to do outside of work?" Robert curious about that because he would like to know more about her. Robert loved to flaunt what he had though when he has it. That is just how he is because he worked hard to get where he is at. It was not easy for him since he was half Spanish from Spain from his mother side.

"You are welcome!" He noticed that she did have some nice long legs which were very sexy. He then shut the door after she was inside. They leave from the garage and head on out to down town now where the restaurant is located. "It seems beautiful tonight does it not?" As he puts on some romantic soothing music now as they drive to the restaurant. "I hope this does not bother you?" As he smiles looking at her now.

Back
Top Bottom