Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Frozen Kisses [TakodaVegaxRonin]

TakodaVega

Supporter
Supporter
There was a crowd at the bar the night she had the world change. Whispers about her greeted her ears as soon as she walked into the door. Not surprising, not many women were as tall as she was, even without the heels.

Standing at about six foot, the woman made her way towards the counter. Some people might consider the woman who had walked in a gothic entity. Over the years, she had to admit that the culture had made it easier to blend into her surroundings.

Her vivid red hair, despite being quite natural, gave the impression of being dyed. How else could hair look the deep color of blood? Bright ice blue eyes eyed the tender, "Can I get a tequila sunrise please?"

Her tone of voice was soft, sultry even without trying, the slight irish lilt that dashed across her vowels. However it had been many years since she had been there. Her heritage had it engrained into her very being to not let it go.

As others at the bar looked her over, from the long leather trench coat, to the strapless red and black laced corset, to even the pair of pants that clung to her hips and thighs flaring a bit below the knee, making her even taller than she looked. The only saving grace for them was it was only a two inch heel that particular evening.

Hooking one leg over the other, she waited for her drink, those ice blue hues eying the tender as he made her drink. She had been sated on precious blood banks for the past few decades so the need for her to hunt had slightly deminished. However the companionship that came with it was something she missed.

Most of her Coven had dissipated over the centuries, and although she could still summon her 'children' if she so chose to, the vampiress she choose instead to let them live and go about their days with some bit of peace.

Siofragana Nyx was certainly different from the others.

Gary stumbled out of the kitchen, his head buried in his hands, another job he had utterly failed at doing. And it wasn't even that difficult to do, but he broke too many dishes that his pay check could not cover the costs, as he was about to call it a day, a dazzling woman had entered inside. But instead of smiling at her, his lips turned into a frown recognising whom it was.

There was no way any human would be able to have that much beauty he thought to himself. As young and as pretty as she looked he heard some of the rumors about her notoriousness and also regarding how long she had roamed on this earth.

He tried his best to avert his gaze but the food stains which covered his white overralls as well as the small hat he wore made him stand out.

As he managed to get out of the bar, out of nowhere, he felt something brush against his ankle causing him to stumble out, his black hair tumbled out as his hat flew in the air. There was a small thud, a small groan escaped his lips, feeling a strange softness infront him, when he managed to gather he had actually slammed into her of all people, the vampiress. His dark hazel eyes were shaking as he stumbled back trying his best to rise up and off her, his arm making contact with her breast as his cheeks reddened.

Siofragana blinked as she felt someone's weight on top of her. So out of touch had she been that she hadn't noticed the male's thoughts within her vision. Strange as how the instant contact she had from him she felt some sort of deep...disgust? Or displeasure. Something she didn't normally find in those who were of the mortals here. Her ice blue eyes glanced down towards him.

What was a dead giveaway? Her skin was cold, and she needed the cold to thrive as she did now. With some sacrifice of her power, she had learned to cope with the sun's deadly rays long enough to enjoy sunrise and sunset of every day. Her internal time clock rousing her not long before the sun met the horizon and not much after it left it in the morning's dawn.

Her hands were gentle as they helped ease him to a nearby stool. "Calm down, lad," Her voice was gentle, just as her hands were though noticeable calluses covered them. Perhaps a sword fighter at one point? "There is no need to rush."

She tilted her head to one side, concern filtering her features as she released his arms before one knuckle brushed up gently under his chin, easing his face up for him to look at her better. "Are you alright?"

He watched in terror, barely managing to breathe a bit as she had helped him to a stool, he could feel everyone's eyes on him. This was not how he hoped his miserable life to end, but was quite taken back at how nice the women whom was feared by so many was treating him. He had expected her to slit his throat or worse torture him to a painful death.

His cheeks flushed as he felt her touch as cold as they were it had been quite some time since he had really managed to get any sort of female contact but he had never asked nor expected this from some one like her. He slowly nodded, feeling a sudden urge to lean into her touch yet he managed to restrain himself from doing so. Staring at her from this close made him finally notice how beautiful she really was, even if she was the terror that walked during both the day and the night. "I am very sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." He said, rather in a rush mumbling the words, as he bowed his head. "My name is Gary and I live nearby, I've just been fired which is no excuse but it really had me stressed." He did not dare to accuse some one of tripping him, since that would make him a blabber and he knew how much that would shorten one's life.

Siofragana's ice blue eyes flicked, she was used to having eyes all over her. She had to have gotten over it over the past few thousand years. However she could tell that the man was uncomfortable as she continued to watch him. She hadn't even noticed his hand over her breast, after all the smell of his terror, coupled with another more latent scent that she only found in traces. However her ears were more in tune with the male's voice.

"It's not good to leave in a hurry, Gary." She said gently as she slid the drink she had gotten over to him. "Here have some of this. It'll help you calm down a bit." She watched him carefully as she settled back into her stool beside him. "Letting your stress get to you is only going to make matters worse." She thought to herself as she tapped her chin in some thought. "Loosing one's job is hard, I know it can be. Maybe I can be able to give you some help, if you are willing to accept help from someone you literally bumped into."

Gary could not afford to do anything but nod to her words, he knew he would have to pick his words carefully unless he desired not to live any longer. He managed to grasp the mug tightly, slowly drinking it down before using his sleeve to wipe his lips. "Thank you..." He said rather hoarsely, trying his best not to push his luck.

"Umm I would and I am very sorry that I bumped into you again." He said, once again he begin bowing, his face still flushed, but his eyes had been unable to break away from her lithe figure, running over her from her supple breasts, down to her shapely legs, she was a frightening beauty, he thought to himself. He had managed to gather himself back to his feet, taking note of how everyone's eyes were fixed on the both of them.

"Do not worry about it." She said softly as she looked over him in genuine concern. After feeling everyone's eyes on her, she put her card on the table and let the tender swipe it for the drinks before tucking it into her back pocket, gently gripping his arm. "Come, we'll go somewhere more private." There was no questioning that, as they moved out doors and though the clicks of her heels made sound, his pounding heart was what she heard in her ears.

"I'm not going to eat you, you silly human, I want to give you an opportunity to get back on your feet, which will require you to actually trust me." She tilted her head to one side, "A simple job that will pay you very well, as well as give you a place of residence should you no longer have one. There are some things that require people to come in the daytime where I cannot genuinely be able to answer the door and settle this business for me." She turned to face him, which probably made him slightly intimidated since he had to look up at her a little bit. "Would you be interested in the job?"

He was rather surprised when she suddenly took hold of his arm, although he nodded, resigning himself to do whatever she told him to. There would be nothing worse then death, was what he was thinking to himself. His heart rate had not gone down, and he could barely make out other sounds, other then that pounding in his chest. He had to peel his ears just incase she said something.

He gulped when he heard of her talking to him, as if he was some type of food, even though she in her own way was reassuring him. "Well, if you don't mind I do not have any where to go and no family left in this world atleast. I would like to apply for that job." He said, after hearing her proposal, it was so very tempting, yet also so very unbelievable, he was growing weary, wondering whether there was some hidden agenda behind this job. He decided to keep his guard up around her, in case he was being setup for something.

"Calm down, I'm not going to bite you." She said softly as she released her hold on him. She knew he didn't trust her but she would have to make just let it go until she earned his trust. "You can take one of the guest rooms." She said as she reached into her corset just between her cleavage for the spare key she had on her. It wasn't like she needed it, she could just go through different places to get in. It's just how it worked out.

Handing him the key she twitched slightly this next part may be ugly. "I need to show you where I live. Would you trust me to show you with your mind? I promise not to hurt you. It's just to show you where it is so that you know how to get there. Stay the night and think about it. It's the weekend - no one is going to be open and I'm certain that once you had a place to actually think and sleep you'll be able to think clearer."

He was somewhat relieved when she had loosened her grip on him, but knew he could not just make a dash for it, but before he could even begin to think of an escape plan, he found her taking out a spare key, before handing it over to him. "So, then how will I know when to go to this job or how to contact you?" He asked rather softly, trying to atleast sound polite.

As soon as he saw her twitch, he knew there was something she was leaving out. For once though, instead of trusting his own instincts, he decided to blindly see where she would lead him. He nodded at her suggestion that once he had a good night's sleep he would be able to think clearly. He managed to sputter out, as he sauntered towards her. "Umm you didn't mention your name?"

Siofragana's pale fingers reached to touch the man's temples, her ice blue eyes bordering into silver before flashing again, "You'll just know, Gary." She said softly, her eyes half lidded as she slowly pulled him closer to her. Her breath still icy cool as she leaned in closer. "My name..." she spoke slowly, her tongue flickering over her fang before she moved closer. "Is Siofragana Nyx, but you can call me Phoenix if it it's easier for you to pronounce." She murmured softly before pressing her lips to his.

Power sizzled between them, and if he had closed his eyes he would have realized that once he opened them once more she was gone. However if he ever thought about how to get to 'her' house the path was imprinted into his mind like he had been going there for years. His own internal road map would lead him to a two story victorian styled house. White and covered with plants. It appeared it needed some repair, nothing to major though. A kitchen was fully stocked with food, and for the most part the house was empty, though it had looked as though someone had been living there for some time. For decades even. Not a speck of dust could be seen inside, though the house was cool, not cold, but certainly chilly for a fall night.

Gary felt chills run through his body as he felt her rather cold fingertips brush over his forehead, but strangely enough he felt quite reassured. Before he could react to her touch, in an instant he felt her cool breath so very close to him then brush over his lips. His eyes instinctively closing, a surge of heat erupted inside him. But then it slowly began to fade as if the main power source had disappeared. He slowly opened his eyes to discover that the female vampire, named Phoenix had gone.

He did not know what to say or do, should he believe her about everything which was said or make a run for it and hope that she would never find her. Raising his hand up, he lightly brushed his fingertips over his lips, he could still faintly taste the icy sweet taste of her. Without any real decision, he found himself walking down a passage of road which he had never taken. Yet for some reason, he knew that it would lead him to ‘her’, a two story house emerged from almost nowhere. Slowly he stopped near the door, tapping on the door, with fear but also a need to see ‘her’

The door slowly opened beneath his gentle knocks, though it wasn't the lovely vampire that greeted him earlier, but rather another vampire. "You must be Gary, the Lady is expecting you." He said slowly as he opened the door wider for the male to enter. "I was simply dropping by to have a quick chat, I'm certain she was right about you." he said slowly before he tipped his fedora down and strode out the door, closing the door behind him. The house seemed empty until quiet footsteps could be heard from the stairs. Siofragana was still wearing the clothes she had been earlier as she slowly reached the bottom of the stairs, barefoot to not make a sound.

"I hope Charles didn't scare you, he was just giving me some information." She didn't know why she had to explain things, but for his sake of sanity she did. She held out a hand to him, "Come, I'll show you to your room. After tonight, should you decide to stay after a good night's sleep, let me know after sunset and we'll arrange to have your things brought here."

Gary felt a bit taken back when the first person he saw just happened to be a male figure, he wondered immediately what kind of relation she had with him. He knew this emotion all too well, it was like seeing his girl friend with some other guy. Then suddenly this person was explaining why he was here, dismissing the thought out of his head, he silently waited when he suddenly felt her presence, startled he took a few steps back. He was rather taken back by the sight of her, but could not help admire her beauty and his fingertips rose to brush over his lips as he recalled the kiss which she had given him not so long ago.

When she offered her hand, he could not help but reach out to take her hand. As soon as his skin brushed against hers, he felt a tingling feeling all over his body, making him lightly shiver, although it wasn't a bad feeling. "Um where will you be sleeping?" He asked, his cheeks reddening as he asked the question, he felt a strange longing to stay as close to her as possible.

Siofragana locked the door gently before returning to the stairs, "My room is down the hall from yours." She told him gently as she pulled him up the stairs feet still not making any sounds as though she weighed hardly anything despite his obvious creaks on the stairs. The hallway opened up into an upper level spacious living area. A living room, kitchen combination mirrored the smaller one below though this one was much more open. Making a right she went off to one side hallway until she reached a green door. Turning the handle she opened it slowly before flicking on the light. Not a speck of dust could be seen though the room looked like it had been used very little.

"Here we are Gary." She said gently before her ice blue eyes flicked over him, she could already hear his heartbeat quickening around her. His scent wasn't that of fear as she continued to watch him. It wasn't unusual to have males attracted to her, it was more the regard of it being a human male. A male who had no idea who or what she really was. Depending of course of how he remained here she had been tempted to make him a Human Servant. He'd live as long as she did, without the effects of aging and would still be able to walk into the light of day without much trouble, unlike herself. "Just let me know if you need anything."

Back
Top Bottom