Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Any wrestling fans out there?

Thoughts on wrestling?

• I love wrestling!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I used to like it, but I don't anymore

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I've never been interested in it

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

-Embla

Planetoid
I've yet to actually speak to anyone who is a fan of WWE, or any other wrestling for that matter, though I'm sure you're out there! I've been a massive fan since I was a child, and although WWE certainly isn't anything compared to what it used to be, Wrestlemania just gone was by far one of the best in a while.

I was hoping to hear other thoughts about it? Where do you sit on the whole Roman Reigns hate? I feel sorry for the poor guy, because WWE have fucked him over a little bit. Made up to see Rollins holding the title though! Are you hoping to see Undertaker v Sting next year? How about that tremendous appearance of DX and the NWO!? Childhood feels.

The Rock actually had a pretty good segment with Ronda Rousey, or however you spell her name. He's there every year, just not as often as he should be, but he's more focused on his movies now unfortunately. Stone Cold coming back would make me watch more though, definitely. As for Hulk, he's on it a fair bit, he just can't take a bump anymore. There is a rumour about the NWO going against DX at Summerslam this year though!

NWO vs DX needs to happen. Lesnar coming back full time to WWE is definitely a game changer. A lot of the old wrestlers left because of either injuries or better wrestling companies.

I'm hopeful, though with a few of the wrestlers struggling to even take a bump, I'm not sure! Though it's more for the novelty than anything else. It's great that he's back, but Vince wants him to continue to be a 'part timer' so people will watch the PPV's for him as he's currently the main attraction according to Vince.

He is a good wrestler. Although my fave gimmicks at the moment are Bray Wyatt and Ambrose. Did you know that Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas are brothers? Their father is the wrestler IRS.

I'm completely in agreement with you. I absolutely love Ambrose and Bray. I'm really starting to like Rollins as well, he seems a bit like CM Punk in a few ways, and he was a favourite of mine. I did indeed know that! Behind Bray's beard his babyface makes their relation obvious anyway. Bo-lieve!

My son is into wrestling, husband loves it to and was into it growing up. I never liked it growing up. But sort of like it now. Loved the shield until they were dismantled. Every Wrestling paper view (which now we have the wwe network) we have my sons friends over for a little party. I was disappointed with this wrestlemania, last year I loved it because of Daniel Bryan and the energy he got from the crowd. This year we were just like eh...nothing they couldn't have done on Monday night or Thursday night! LOL

Roman Reigns is my fav, The USos, The Rock...I have Samoan lineage!!! Aside from that Ambrose is a special kind of crazy...gotta love him!

I'm more of a Lucha Underground kind of guy.

11110172_983664468325411_3982711161973441119_n.jpg
So hype.

I have been watching a bit of WWE recently. Bray Wyatt is pretty much the best thing. So is The Mark Remark.

Gia- I actually think this Wrestlemania has been one of the best in a while, it weren't all just as predictable as every other year has been, and you've been able to mark down the outcome to a point! Apart from Cena 'overcoming the odds'. I do love Reigns, but I think WWE has screwed him a little which is sad! Ambrose is my fav' <3333

King- I love lucha underground too, but I suppose WWE is more there as a convenience at the moment because my partner recently bought the network. Wyatt is brilliant though, I just hope he isn't forgotten about after the Undertaker match.

Mmorgan- I still love it to a certain extent, but more for what it used to be. I don't watch Raw or Smackdown every week, rather just watch the results and check out any segments that sound exciting, I do watch all the PPV's though.

Lexi- Reigns was amazing and the crowd really wanted him to win last year, and then when WWE gave them that this year, they boo'd him. Why? Because during that entire rumble he did nothing but just sit around in the corner on the match pretending he was down and out, because that's what Vince told him to do, as well as giving him extremely scripted promo's that absolutely sucked, yet when he got his interview with Lesnar and he had free speech, he absolutely smashed it. The crowd are just being whiny babies because it wasn't Bryan up there. Get over it!

I've been a wrestling fan all my life, so about 30 years. I've had periods where I didn't watch for awhile, but I always end up coming back.

I agree -- This was one of the best Wrestlemanias I've seen in quite some time. After awful PPVs like Hell in a Cell, I took a break until Mania, but I kept up with what was going on with Sting (more on that to come).

I'm probably one of the only people in the world who doesn't love Daniel Bryan (don't dislike him either, though), but I always enjoyed his ROH work. Still, I like him better than Reigns, so I thought all the Reigns hate was kind of amusing -- no one likes having something shoved down their throat even though they don't want it.

Sure WWE isn't "what it used to be", but the Network now allows people to travel back to the 90s and see how much of the Attitude Era truly was crap. It was the best and the worst at the same time. Yes, it was a great time to be a fan -- The Rock, Stone Cold, the nWo, Goldberg, crow Sting, etc., but I can also name about a hundred guys I'm thankful I never have to see again. Sure, in the PG Era that top tier is a little shallow, but the rest of the roster is epic. Give me Ziggler over Rico any day of the week. Luke Harper (the reincarnation of Bruiser Brody, which is a compliment) or Mideon? No contest. It's always funny to hear people say that Sable was their favorite diva, but Nikki Bella "can't wrestle."

Wrestlemania thoughts coming... Just need to use my computer instead of my phone if I'm going to be so long-winded.

Wrestlemania:

I didn't watch the pre-show. I thought the ladder match was pretty awesome. Even though I expected D-Bry to come out with the IC title, there were tons of great spots -- the Barrett/Stardust superplex was awesome, and there was Ambrose, of course. Ouch.

I thought Sting's entrance was a little excessive and that Triple H's was absolutely ridiculous. Still, both guys are pretty awesome, so whatever. The match was fine until D-X and the nWo showed up. The nostalgia heat was good, I guess, and the live crowd seemed to love it, so I'm probably in the minority there. Making the Sting/HHH storyline about the tired old Monday Night War wasn't the best way to go, IMO. I'm also not sure why Sting lost. Unless they were "putting the younger guy over", it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The divas match was better than usual, but still not NXT. That's what you get when the best female wrestler most people have never heard of (Sara Del Rey) is one of the trainers at the performance center.

Skipped the Cena match as always.

As short as it was, the Orton/Rollins match was everything I expected it to be. The finish was awesome, and only someone as athletic as Rollins could have made that happen. As always, Orton makes it look easy. Sure, JBL uses that same old "from the ground up" quote all the time, but it's pretty true.

Skipped the Rock as always. But I'm sure he used all his good catchphrases, said two or three things that made no sense whatsoever, but because something vulgar was in there it was "funny." Seen it.

Skipped the Undertaker match.

Then, suddenly, as he's standing in the ring getting the hell booed out of him, I started feeling sorry for the poor guy. WWE had made their plans for Reigns to be the guy -- impressive showing at Survivor Series, winner of the Royal Rumble, etc. and were sticking to those plans, no matter what. Then, he gets about the same treatment Batista got last year. They knew it was coming, so they finally give the fans what they want -- the worst ass-beating seen since Summerslam. I'll give it to both Brock and Reigns -- that match was much better than I thought it would be, and infinitely better than Brock vs Goldberg (if you recall). I didn't even know Reigns could sell, because he's usually the big strong guy. I like him a lot more after this match than I did before, that's for sure.

And then having Rollins show up, cash in and change the match mid-match was a stroke of brilliance. His little dance after he won the title was exactly how I felt about this year's show -- to me, the best Wrestlemania in years.

Back
Top Bottom