Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

So...I has question... <.<

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Mass Effect 3.

Yeah. I've heard the hype of this franchise. For eons now. >///< However, I've pretty much always just ignored it since I knew it to be a FPS not to mention I hadn't owned any type of anything that could play it anyway (also, I haven't even played ME1 or 2). That said, I own a Wii U. I know the game is available for it. AND...it's like $20 freakin' bucks. Yes, I'm all about the hella cheap! lol! I haven't delved too far into the reviews of this game yet--I've only just started here so I'm not sure if the franchise continued to stay 'good' or not--but I did view a snippet of what the game played like and...well...I was kinda like...huh, I didn't expect that. The thing didn't play like an FPS like I expected. It was more like third person? *shrugs* Anyway, my biggest gripe of FPSs is the motion sickness dealie. I get it. Badly. Why? Know idea. Just... first person perspective + me = motion sickness >.< Anyhow, seeing as this seems to be in third person, that shouldn't be an issue.

So, now, my question is this......is ME3 on the Wii U worth getting (again, it's like $20 now and I haven't played ME1 or 2...not sure if playing JUST 3 would cause me to be confused with story line or anything like that)? I suppose this could lead to subsequent questions. But, for now, I'll leave it at that. <.<

darkangel76 said:
Mass Effect 3.

Yeah. I've heard the hype of this franchise. For eons now. >///< However, I've pretty much always just ignored it since I knew it to be a FPS not to mention I hadn't owned any type of anything that could play it anyway (also, I haven't even played ME1 or 2). That said, I own a Wii U. I know the game is available for it. AND...it's like $20 freakin' bucks. Yes, I'm all about the hella cheap! lol! I haven't delved too far into the reviews of this game yet--I've only just started here so I'm not sure if the franchise continued to stay 'good' or not--but I did view a snippet of what the game played like and...well...I was kinda like...huh, I didn't expect that. The thing didn't play like an FPS like I expected. It was more like third person? *shrugs* Anyway, my biggest gripe of FPSs is the motion sickness dealie. I get it. Badly. Why? Know idea. Just... first person perspective + me = motion sickness >.< Anyhow, seeing as this seems to be in third person, that shouldn't be an issue.

So, now, my question is this......is ME3 on the Wii U worth getting (again, it's like $20 now and I haven't played ME1 or 2...not sure if playing JUST 3 would cause me to be confused with story line or anything like that)? I suppose this could lead to subsequent questions. But, for now, I'll leave it at that. <.<

I wouldn't play JUST 3. The 3rd one is meant as an end-cap to the whole series, wrapping up plots and full of inside jokes. I think you'll be missing a lot. If 3 is cheap, then the first two should be cheaper. I'd go grab those.

Also, it's not so much an FPS/Shooter as it is an RPG with a shooter attached.

Well, here in lies the problem.....I only have a Wii U (and then some old school consoles that won't support ME1 or ME2...so yeah, lol). So, unless they have ME1 and 2 for that...I'm S.O.L. And that was one of the reasons why I wondered if the story line would be an issue. Not sure if Wii U ever plans to release ME1 and/or ME2, though I always find it odd when companies do this. It's like why would you do things half-assed? But, sadly, they do sometimes. @_@ But anyway, that was one of my main questions. That and if the series continued to remain good quality since I know sometimes franchises can start off with a bang and dwindle over time with subsequent releases. Or they can be great, fizzle and have a come back, etc.

I am gonna say no, but then again I hate Electronic arts because of what they did.

Without giving you any spoilers, I felt that 1 and 2 were good, and was expecting an awesome finale with 3. You just don't get that awesome finale though, and come to find out later EA did that on purpose so that you would buy more DLC for the game, trying to squeeze more profit out of the franchise while not giving the player any closure on the story. All of mine were bought for the PC, (My preferred gaming platform) I don't think they have anything for the Wii

I felt that they They drew me in only to fuck me over later for more money, using my addiction to the story against me...

It was a massive let down for me, so much that I have sworn off EA and everything they make now... And don't even get me started on their "Origin" nonsense Digital-Rights-Management failure...

Anyways, that's my 2 cents, hope you find it helpful

Not sure if you are purely a console gamer, but you can get ME 1&2 on the computer last time I checked.

I pretty much stick to the console...plus, with the comp....*waits for it* I use a Mac. So, gaming isn't all that nice to it. Haven't really looked into the newer games to see if they work on it. But, I'll be honest, I prefer consoles to the comp anyway. Always have.

MAC USER. GASP. Jk. But well, if you prefer consoles, then I got nothing. D: In any event, you might find the graphics from ME 1&2 a little lacking anyway. I always find that an issue when I revisit older games. While it's definitely true you'll miss some inside jokes and stuff, I think briefly reading over the plotline for ME 1&2 will help you appreciate 3. (If you get it!)

Mass Effect doesn't have a complicated story. I'm fairly certain you could play the third game on it's own, and figure out what is going on. I'm also positive you know how to use the Internet, so any gaps would be easily filled in. Buying this game without playing the other two will give you the advantage of not being disappointed at how poorly they handle certain aspects of the story. A large part of me feels as though I would have enjoyed ME3 better if I had never played the first two, and never read a single article where the explained their plans for the series.

It's probably one of the more polarizing games released last generation, so I would personally be very interested in your opinion having not played the first two. If you're curious, give it a go; you can't really go wrong buying a game for twenty dollars, and getting tens of hours of entertainment.

It depends on what you value in a story. Mass Effect 2&3 have utter garbage instead of a plot, but potentially make up for it with (mostly) excellent characters and more fanservice than your average animu.

My recommendation? Watch the Spoiler Warning seasons for Mass Effect 2 and 3. The hosts are funny, the commentary is interesting and insightful, and you'll save money without having to put up with the sub-par-at-best gameplay.

Pazzo said:
Without giving you any spoilers, I felt that 1 and 2 were good, and was expecting an awesome finale with 3. You just don't get that awesome finale though, and come to find out later EA did that on purpose so that you would buy more DLC for the game, trying to squeeze more profit out of the franchise while not giving the player any closure on the story.
newp newp newp newp, Bioware fucked up the ending because Casey Hudson & Mac Walters are complete and utter hacks. The writing was on the wall in ME2, but nobody gave a damn because of the character fanservice.

Absolutely play it. The Wii U version is the best version of the game out there (aside from maybe PC), starting with the third means you won't have the emotional blockage that makes people hate the ending, and the multiplayer is FANFUCKINGTASTIC. Probably my most-played game the year it came out.

Hrmm...ok. Some interesting insight from people, so thank you much. I appreciate it. For $20 I think I'll be giving it a go. In the grand scheme of gaming, even if I end up not really liking it...$20 isn't that much for a game. But from the bit I've seen of the game and what's been mentioned by everyone, it sounds like something worth trying out. : )

And yay for having the advantage of not going through previous 'stuff' that can affect my view of the ending. A bonus in my book. ; )

Trygon said:
Absolutely play it. The Wii U version is the best version of the game out there (aside from maybe PC), starting with the third means you won't have the emotional blockage that makes people hate the ending, and the multiplayer is FANFUCKINGTASTIC. Probably my most-played game the year it came out.

The PC version looks better due to the increased resolution, but is otherwise the same as the other versions. There's very little difference between them. Outside of controls, they're basically identical games (don't know if the WiiU version has anything extra). Actually, I might even say the PC version is the worse of the four versions, because it doesn't have controller support. I find Kb&M to be very frustrating due to it being difficult to move around, roll, and use abilities fluidly. On console I used to solo Gold with certain classes, but on PC I just can't achieve the level of fluid movement that I need.

Also, the multiplayer is very fantastic. I think it's one of the best hoard modes I've ever played.

One last tip: Vanguard is easymode for single player. Hell, Vanguard is easymode for multiplayer, too. Vanguards rock.

Back
Top Bottom