Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Graphic Glitch?

Krimson

Super-Earth
Hello,

As someone unfamiliar with BBC code, I'm completely lost as to what could be causing this conundrum. The following only seem to happen when I'm browsing Bluemoon on my iPhone, typically late at night, and has occured multiple times now.

I would be reading a random thread, and that familiar pop-up of "you have one unread message" would appear in the right corner. And I go to my PMs, and voila, nothing. I'm not sure what's causing this, if my phone is somehow doing something weird with the coding or if I'm losing PMs. This has never occured when I'm on bm via my laptop, and has already happened twice within the past week while I'm on my phone.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance to any responses.

I don't know about coding issues but I know that people will sometimes send a PM and then cancel it. People have done it to me several times.

I know basic coding and the like so I can't say one way or the other if its a coding problem. Another option is that it could be that your phone just does not like BMR, there have been some issues in the past with people logging into BMR via their phone.

Again, not the only answer but the only ones I can personally give.

Huh, I didn't realize you could cancel PMs.

But since this hasn't happened on my browser, I'll assume it's a phone issue.

Thank you for the answer, Karameida.

I don't think it is just a phone issue. I have been experiencing it a lot on my Mac along with my iPhone. I also don't think it is someone canceling a PM seeing as it happens a lot. At least twice every time I'm on Bluemoon. So maybe it's a Safari thing. I literally came to this board to see if anyone else was having this issue. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Well, I did say I wasn't sure about the coding and that I knew people have had issues with BMR on their phone as well as people simply canceling PMs.

I only mentioned the phone option because thats where he said he was having the issue.

As far as browsers go, BMR has had issues with certain browsers. From having issues posting where it says "undefined" to other little problems. So your issue may very well be your browser.

His issue was likely not because, as he said, he was having these issues on his phone and not his laptop/computer.

- Please note this is not me attacking you nor me trying to make you feel stupid or anything else. This is me simply clarifying myself as well as trying to answer your question.

I know a bit (as opposed to a lot) about coding for the web, and I would say that the likelyhood of this being a browser issue is fairly low. Just my $0.02.

Back
Top Bottom