Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Musing of a Duke (Comments Allowed)

dukeofhearts07

Planetoid
This will be a personal place for me to chronicle my journey across the Blue Moon and where I can record my thoughts when they become too heavy of a burden for me to lift. Comments from those who wish to do so are welcome, though do not always expect a reply back to those comments when you do.

Lately I've been questioning my plots and the level of detail I put into them and also ask of those who decide to play with me. While some of the more generalized plots are just that, generalized, there are some of the more in-depth plots in which I put some great deal of time and effort coming up with some intricate pieces for the whole machine. I love writing. Plain and simple. It is in world building and character creation in which I am most talented. Finding all the little talents and details that help flesh out a person so that they seem next to real, or that one cultural flaw of a people that pulls readers in. That's what I like about writing.

However, I feel as though I put too much effort and that I put too high of a bar for people to try and catch up with. That there are too many details they have to respond to, to make sure they incorporate into their own writing so that they don't make some kind of epically cosmic mistake that might wreck the whole theme or flow.

You are your own worst critic, and more and more I am finding that to be truthful when I look down at the plays I have wished for and the writing style I have. I don't know. I just wonder what others think. Perhaps I look too much for people's approval and that's why I have such a hard time liking what I have written myself.

RE: The Musing of a Duke

One of my favorite roleplayers came back! Hooray! Our RP is about a dragon king and his bride and their adventures from learning about each other and now trying to rule their kingdom amidst tragedy, diplomacy, and war. I still need to put together a major conflict point between them. Perhaps difficulty siring an heir? I know that usually becomes a major point of contention between royals and nobles if there is no one next in line to claim the throne. If anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to hear them as I would like some help finding a conflict point for them.

Right now there's about half the RPs I have are smut and half are story based, which is a nice change from only finding smut based ones for the longest time. Seriously people, we all like to write but sometimes I want to write about more than "X" character using his dick, tentacles, fists, giant version of Mjolnr on "Y" character's chooch, ass, mouth, egg orifice or whatever. Although I might be delving into another smut based one it's actually got some interesting backstory to it so I might be able to draw out more story than one would expect.

So I would like to make a shout out to two people: AndNich123 and Luana_Blodwyn. First off, Luana. She writes so amazingly freaking well it is ridiculous. She's the one of the first people I have met that does story, and not in the immediately jump from plot point to plot point in the course of two posts, I mean she explores the various plots and actually inputs stuff that I would not have thought of to add to it. While I don't get posts as often from her as I like, I do readily enjoy them when I do get a post. Next is AndNich. Now, sexually violent characters is a bit of a strange subject for me because I usually like to connect with a character in order to be able to write it. What she asked me to write is very hard for me to do, and in a good way. It's a challenge, a way to push the boundaries of what I am comfortable with in order to expand my horizons. Not only that, she does some damn good writing as well. So thank you AndNich for that.

On a side note, my next week's schedule is a bit of a busy clusterfuck so my postings may be more sporadic than usual. Please bear with me, and thank you all those who I write with. You guys are awesome, I hope to continue writing with you and coming up with more awesome adventures.

Well this week has been ridiculously rough. Not only has my work schedule have me doing a combination of openings and closings (sometimes with them back to back X_X), but I also nearly broke three of my fingers on my right hand which is making it ridiculous to do anything since I am right handed. Luckily nothing is broken or fractured, but there is some bone bruising so it hurts to move those fingers. Lots of ice and painkillers so far, but I will be okay. Just need time for those fingers to just stop hurting so that I get my trigger finger back for Destiny and being able to type out responses.

Right now I'm working on some extensive information regarding an OC that I created. It's based on the Freezing/Freezing Vibration anime that I've watched. It's pretty brutal at times and it's also got quite a bit of partial or full nudity to it without it being a full blown hentai. There's a lot of depth to it that I like and I want to do an OC x OC RP within that universe. Hopefully I can get an interested party when I get the chance.

Today I had to do training for another department at work since my hours had been steadily dropping and I need additional hours in order to afford rent and all that usual stuff. Anyways, the manager for our floral department came up to me and said that I had expressed interest in working in floral and I leaped at the chance that she's giving me. So next week I'll be training there for two days and then for at least another day the week after! I get to show off my more creative side! I am so happy, you guys literally have no idea! I know it's a little weird that a guy would like to do bouquets and work with flowers and stuff, but damnit I want to work with flowers!

Well today was sort of interesting. There was a bit of a get together with a couple of my fellow coworkers and even my boss. The activity for the night was bowling, and there was a lot of beer involved. Let's just say, most of us got pretty hammered and I have a bit of a new perspective on my boss. Albeit, this is obviously different from his work persona, it showed him in a completely new light that I can respect and now understand the decisions he made. Anywho, I got pretty hammered like many of my fellow coworkers and it was really quite a blast. There were a ton of dirty jokes tossed back and forth, inside jokes made at the expense of customers, and terrible bowling as a result of people being too drunk. I normally don't like hanging out with coworkers outside of work, but for once I'm glad I decided to actually participate in this.

I would like to apologize to any RP partners I currently have and/or are discussing starting an RP with. My schedule this whole next week is a bit flipped from my normal schedule, and so my sleep schedule is a little on the fucked up side. So I've been napping a lot more and its eating into my free time. Rest assured, I will do my best to bang a few responses over the next few days. Please bear with me.

So for those who don't know, I am an avid gamer and I really like games that require some level of group cooperation (raids, dungeons, PVP etc) while there is also a level of personal alone time you can have just to go do certain quests or activities.

Right now, my current gamin fix face Destiny and I can't get enough especially with the new House of Wolves DLC that is coming out on May 19th. Due to my love of the game and also my love of helping others, I have taken it upon myself to join the growing ranks of raid guides and sherpas that help newer or more skittish players in the Destiny community. I love gaming and I hope to share my love of gaming with others by teaching them the mechanics they need to learn, and the strategies needed to be successful.

If any of you wish to join me or are in need of a sherpa for your brand new raiders, don't hesitate to send me a friend request on the Playstation Network: dukeitout007.

Back
Top Bottom