Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Girl isn't what she seams/-Uminator/Moon

FoxWriter

Cluster
It was another average day for the students in the little town. Just another Wednesday morning for the kids in high school as they ran around waiting for the first class bell to ring. Today though, there was a new thing happening, for the first time in years, there was a new Girl in town. According to the few people who had helped her to move in, she was sixteen, and already living completely on her own. No parents at all to speak of, no elder siblings, just herself. she had moved into a tiny apartment and seamed perfectly content with the bare minimum. A bed, a dresser... she didn't even own a TV. At least, that was the rumors that where flying about the school that morning. Everyone, from the lowest rung of the social ladder, to the highest, was talking about the new kid in school.

The rumors went from quite possible, to simply unbelievable. Some said she was just a kid trying to escape an abused past. Some claimed that she was on the run from the law after brutally slaughtering his family. Some claimed that she had seen a crime, and had moved here under the witness protection agency. Others thought she was a drug lord, come to make the little town his new base. It was strange to see so many people worked up over someone they hadn't even seen yet. No one knew her name, they only knew that she was either sixteen or seventeen and would be joining the Junior class. They knew nothing else, but that didn't stop the rumors from flying. By the time the bell rang for the first day of class, the new kid in school was a murderer, the witness to a murder, a crime fighting vigilante, a crime lord, and a druggie. It was quite funny really how far away from the truth they really where. As the students streamed to their first class, said new student was in the Office getting her class list and locker combination.

The first classes of the day was half done before she made an appearance to Social Studies. And there was instant silence as all of the students got their first look at the new student. she was gorgeous! she had beautiful black brown hair, and soft skin with deep brown eyes that almost made you think she was looking right into your soul. she was wearing normal clothes too, which shot the 'gypsy prince' theory out of the water. she spoke with the teacher for a moment and the man nodded before turning to the class. “everyone, this is our new student.” Mr. Okinawa stated. “please tell us a bit about yourself.” “Yes Sir.” the new girl nodded to the teacher before turning to the other students. “Good morning! My name is Alexei Asimov! I have just moved here from Alaska. It is a pleasure to make your Acquaintance.” Alexei stated with a small bow in greeting.

The teacher smiled and sent Alexei to his seat, the new girl settling down easily and opening her pack to get her supplies and set to work to listen to the rest of the teachers lecture, taking long and rather extensive notes. As the day progressed they learned a lot more about Alexei Asimov. Her parents and he where originally from Russia, which was why she had a touch of sexy accent when she spoke. Her parents where still back in Alaska, but she had moved here as his first decision 'as a woman'. In her culture, it was common for kids her age to strike out on their own and explore and gain life experiences for a few years before going back home or settling down in a new area. Because of her looks, and the way she dressed, and her accent, as well as the interesting things she talked about, she was almost instantly the most popular girl in school. Especially since she talked to anyone and everyone, no matter who they where. Yes, Alexei was an interesting kid to say the least. Not everyone liked her though, the Popular clique was rather unhappy with how much attention she was getting.

Victor had certainly heard the rumours as he waited for the bell to ring, it was impossible not to overhear them whether you wanted to or not. He couldn't help but chuckle at some of them, every one more outlandish than the last. Then again it had been so long since there had been anyone new even move into town, let alone a new student come to the school that wasn't just coming up from the grades below that everyone already knew. With this being something so new and unique it was only natural that the rumour mill would go into overdrive. Still, he had to wonder about the imaginations some of the students had. Victor had always considered himself rather imaginative, but even he was being put to shame. A drug lord? A brutal killer on the run? A gypsy prince? Crime fighting vigilante? All of them were far too outlandish to be true of course, but that didn't make them any less amusing. He had to wonder how the new student would react when she heard what kind of rumours had been flying around about her. Amused? Offended? Hopefully the former, there was no offence intended after all.

When classes finally did begin, the excited chatter seemed to die off just a little bit, perhaps the prospect of being in class had its usual dampening effect on excitement, especially when that class was Social Studies. Still, todays class was a little different. About halfway through the door opened and in walked a girl that nobody recognised, which certainly meant she had to be the new student. There was an almost deathly silence as everyone stared at her. Victor kind of felt sorry for her being stared at like that...but then he was just as guilty as everyone else of it. Fortunately she didn't seem to mind, not outwardly at least anyway. Perhaps she'd been prepared for it, no doubt the principal had warned her that a new student was virtually unheard of so there were bound to be plenty of reactions.
When she spoke, Victor would swear that he saw one or two boys swoon at the sound of her accent. Truth be told he almost felt like he himself might have been one of them.

When Alexei moved to take her seat she ended up in the one opposite Victor, which seemed to get him a few glares. Hey, wasn't his fault that the only empty seat happened to be near him. He didn't doubt he would begin to get bombarded with offers to swap seats. Still, for now he gave Alexei a welcoming smile before the teacher resumed the lesson. As much as he would've liked to introduce himself he doubted the entire lesson would stop. Turned out his assumption was right as the teacher resumed the lesson before anyone had the chance to start whispering and gossiping. Probably a good idea, once it got started it would've been impossible to get it to stop.

Once the lesson was over Victor didn't even get a chance to speak to her. Despite being the closest student to her, she was almost instantly surrounded and being bombarded with questions. Still, she seemed happy enough to answer them at least. Probably a good way to fit in really. Still, in the corner of his eye Victor couldn't help noticing a few students who hadn't moved to swarm her, and they were glaring at that crowd like they were willing it to burst into flames. Oh dear...barely a few hours in and Alexei had earned the wrath of the popular clique...that most certainly wasn't good. They saw Alexei as a threat to their own popularity....which of course meant the girl would be given two choices. Join them, or face being made into a social outcast. As popular as Alexei was right now, those few students almost certainly had the power to turn the student body against her.

When the day was over Victor stood up to pack his things away, looking to Alexei and giving her another smile. He wondered where she lived, though he had no doubt she was about to be swarmed by offers to walk home together. Well, that or suddenly pulled aside by the popular clique. This was why Victor avoided student politics, no matter who you were 'with' it meant you were 'against' someone else. He generally tried not to be 'with' any of the cliques in order to avoid automatically alienating another. The unfortunate side effect was that such a policy, whilst not earning him any particular enemies, didn't earn him any particular friends either. Still, it kept him out of trouble and gave him a peaceful life so he had to be thankful for that. He took one last look at Alexei before turning to go, preferring to at least try and get out of the room before any trouble with the popular clique started.

Alexia giggled and smiled and chattered with all the students who approached her, looking quite happy to be making friends. to be talking to other people, she didn't have the same kind of attitude as the popular Clique, the Popular girls liked to have all the attention, Alexia just seamed to enjoy having conversations with people. she seamed to be really smart too, since she took such good notes and participated in all of the classes rather eagerly. she was happy to participate and talked to the teachers just as much as she did the other students. by the time the last class bell had rung, they had all learned a lot about Alexia. strangely, none of it was very important. they found out her favorite color was purple. they knew she had a cat named Xandra. no one had really found out anything else. they knew she loved Celtic music but they didn't know where in Russia, or where in Alaska she came from. they knew her favorite food was Spaghetti but they didn't know her families names. they knew her favorite flower was the morning Glory, but they didn't know where she lived. she appeared to be open and trusting, and yet no one noticed how little they really knew about her. even though she had learned some pretty shocking secretes. like how Anthony Anderson, the Football Captain didn't like to go home because his father was a drunk, or how Amelia Carthright was deaf in her left ear. Alexia knew a lot of interesting things, not that people seamed to realize how much they had given away to her.

she smiled and waved goodbye to the large group of students and headed home. even the adults had gotten in on the gossip, as Victor was about to find out. several of them seamed the think the worst of her. whispering loudly to each other how she had moved here because she was pregnant with an abusive boyfriends baby, or how she was a little slut flirting with the boys in the town. many of them where worried about such a sweet young girl living on her own, most of them agreed though, that she was living in the old Abernathy house. the house had belonged to the same crotchety old man, Mr. Abernathy, for over seventy five years. when he died, no one came to claim the house and it never went up for sale so it had stood empty for the last several years save for people going in and out to perform various maintenance on it. for someone to be living there all of a sudden after so many years, no wonder everyone was gossiping about her. the funny thing was, the Abernathy house was only a block past Victor's house. "Hi there! it's Victor right?" Alexei asked, smiling at him. how she had gotten in front of him was a mystery, especially when she appeared to be talking to one of the Farmers, who kept a stand open during the week to sell fresh fruits and vegetables hand grown for cheaper prices. she held her book bag in one hand and a paper bag full of fresh produce in the other and she looked so cute and harmless and innocent when she smiled at him. "i tried to talk to you today at school, but everyone else kept crowding me." she admitted. "are they always so excitable about new students?" so no one had told her about the fact that there hadn't been a new student there since... ever.

Victor had found it somewhat amusing how much people were willing to give away about themselves. They were bombarding Alexia with so many questions....yet she answered so few of them. The only answers she gave seemed to be for meaningless information like her favourite colour. Anything more personal she seemed to either expertly deflect, or would answer a question with a question of her own. By the time people excitedly answered her, the question she had been asked seemed to have been forgotten about. Whilst he didn't believe the 'Secret Agent' rumour for a second, Victor couldn't help but feel she would be rather good at it with her seeming talent to extract information whilst giving nothing away. He had a small chuckle to himself at the thought, a brief image of Alexia dressed up as a James Bond style secret agent flashing into his head before he let it flitter away with the thousand other daydreams he had every day.
He was a little surprised to learn that she was living in the old Abernathy house. He, along with plenty of other people, had just assumed the place would eventually be demolished. He hadn't even known it was up for sale, let alone that someone had bought it. He knew that the place had been maintained over the years, but he hadn't expected the place to be exactly clean and ready to move into. The fact he hadn't seen any cleaning crews giving the place a going over before this also somewhat surprised him, and made him wonder just what kind of condition poor Alexia might be living in with that place.

When Victor left the classroom, Alexia was still surrounded by chattering students just as he had expected, he doubted she would be able to escape any time soon. So when he saw her on his way home, having somehow not only gotten ahead of him, but having done so fast enough to stop off and buy vegetables from one of the farmer stalls dotted around town, he was rather confused and surprised. Even if she had managed to get way from the crowd and make a run out of school....how had she gotten past him? Surely he should've seen her, yet he hadn't noticed anybody pass by him. "Huh...." He guessed that maybe the crowd had been somewhat overwhelming after all and Alexia might have bolted away as quickly as possible shortly after he left, maybe passing him in the small crowds infront of the school as people left.
"Ah, hello" He was a little surprised when she spoke to him, though much more surprised that she knew his name. He'd never had a chance to introduce himself. Perhaps someone else had told her the names of everyone else in the class. "That's right, Victor Tameron, it's nice to meet you properly" Victor smiled as he stopped by her. "Well actually, you're the first new student we've ever had. So I guess you could say they do always get that exciteable, since this is the only time it's happened" He grinned softly. "This is a pretty small and quiet town. It's incredibly rare for new people to move into town and the few that have in the past never had kids, they were usually older people moving here to retire. I suppose that makes you something of a celebrity really" That cute innocent smile....she must not have heard some of the rumours going around about her. Whilst some of them were certainly amusing, some were just downright cruel....he certainly hoped they would die off before she could hear them. "You wanted to talk to me?" He blinked in slight confusion, wondering why she had wanted to talk to him in particular. Perhaps it was simply because she had spoken to most everyone else and she wanted to make sure she spoke with everyone she'd be having classes with. Made sense really, better to know who your classmates were after all.

"Oh! Can I help you carry that?" He motioned to the bag of vegetables. Victor might have been something of a loner, but he was still a gentleman. It's how he thought his parents, his real parents, might have wanted him to be. They had died when he was quite young though, leaving him to live with a foster family who, whilst certainly not cruel or neglectful, didn't really see him as their child. Looking after him was simply 'a job' in their eyes. Still, it kind of suited Victor. They did their thing and he did his, everyone was happy with the arrangement. "I hear you're living in the old Abernathy place, that's not far from where I live so we'll be heading in the same way"

She smiled, watching all the people around her, clamoring for her attention. it was kind of fun, like watching a mass of puppies roll all over each other in an attempt to get mama dog t play with them. it got old fast though, and by the time class let out she was feeling tired of all the attention. it wasn't hard for her to slip away and get ahead of the crowds. not hard at all, and fortunately, no one noticed anything odd at all. she was glad to have a chance to do some shopping as well, since she had only just arrived that morning. the moving people would be putting in all her things into the house she'd gotten still, so she had plenty of time to scope the area and look for people she wanted. they had to meet very specific criteria after all. she couldn't use just anyone. she was delighted to finally see one of the students all on their own. it was going to be hard to separate them from those silly herds they traveled in. she would test this one first, he always seamed to be alone, and she doubted anyone would notice if he was to go missing. she had to be careful though, she couldn't act too soon or too fast. she was calm, patient, careful. she needed just the right test subjects.

"it's nice to meet you too. i'm Alexia, but i suppose you already knew that." she admitted with a giggle before blinking, surprised. "what? seriously? i'm the only one to ever come here?" she asked, amazed. "i didn't know that. how weird. one would think someone should have mentioned that." she mused, pondering that. "or maybe i missed that information? they did tell me a lot of things... maybe they just overlooked it?" she wondered. her head tilted before shaking her head and smiled at him. "well, that certainly explains it, doesn't it?" she asked with a smile. "it is a nice place. that's why i picked it actually. it's quiet and small." she admitted. "not a whole lot of drug, or gang, or bullying problems." she nodded. "everyone has been really nice to me so far." she admitted happily. "so i'm glad i came here, even if today was a bit exhausting." she admitted with a smile. "well. i'm not sure about a celebrity, they'll forget about me soon enough, i should think." she admitted with a smile. "well sure i wanted to talk to you. you where always alone, i thought maybe you where being picked on or something." she admitted, looking a bit worried. "it's not really common to see someone whose never with anyone else, so i was a bit worried about you." she admitted. well, lied really but he wouldn't be able to tell.

"hmm?" she asked, blinking at him before looking down at her groceries. "oh! uh, sure if you'd like." she agreed, smiling at him again. "thank you very much. it's a bit heavy, are you sure you'll be okay with carrying it?" she asked before pausing. "Abernathy? i'm not sure." she admitted. "it's a small white house with blue shutters and a cute little garden out front." yup, the Abernathy place. old Abernathy had spent house every day on that garden, it was a memory to his wife. "it's a bit overgrown though, i'm going to have to prune the roses." she admitted. "but i'm sure i can get it back to looking amazing again." she admitted with a smile. "oh? we live close together?" she asked, looking quite delighted to hear that. "that's good news! maybe we could study together sometime?" she offered him. "i'm not sure what the house is like on the inside yet. i only just got here this morning." she admitted. "my flight was delayed three days because of a snow storm. i almost didn't make it to school." she admitted with a sigh. "that would have been a terrible first impression." she admitted.

"Well, they were probably so busy bombarding you with questions and answering yours that they never mentioned why they were so excited about you" Victor returned her smile, though the way she smiled....it just made her seem all the more cute and innocent, Victor almost wanted to blush just from her smile. What she said about why she chose this place though....that made him raise an eyebrow. She chose this place? He had heard that she was living alone rather than with her parents, though he hadn't been sure that was just another rumour. Either way though, it was rather unusual for a 16 year old to have free choice of where she lived like that. And if she were some incredibly rich girl then why choose an old house in a small town of all places? There was definitely something unusual about this girl, Victor had a feeling in his gut about that much. Still, she seemed nice enough for the moment and he had no real reason to think she was up to anything, so there was no reason to act on what he was sure were just wild imaginings of his mind running wild as usual. This town was so boring he was probably just reaching for anything he could to bring a little excitement into his life.

"Picked on?" Victor blinked, then grinned and shook his head. "Oh no, nothing like that. I just try to stay out of all the cliques. It keeps me from getting any 'enemies' as it were, but the downside is it doesn't exactly make me popular enough for friends either. Just gets me a nice quiet life really. Might take a while for you to be able to get that though if it's what you were hoping for I'm afraid. Our first ever 'celebrity' is bound to be big news for a while"
Victor took the bag with a smile, though was caught off guard at just how heavy it really was. The way she had been holding it made it seem like it was really light, but when he took it he was so surprised by the weight he came close to dropping it until he grabbed it with both hands, his schoolbag thankfully slung over his shoulders. "N-no problem, I don't mind carrying it at all" Girl must've been stronger than she looked. Then again Victor was hardly a shining example of upper body strength himself.
"Study together? Sure, I'd like that" Oh now that would get people jealous if they found out. Off the top of his head Victor could picture a dozen guys who would kill to be given an offer like that from a girl like Alexia. Well too bad for them right? "You only just got here this morning? So you haven't even seen the house yet? Well, I'd be happy to come with you and help out with getting you settled in if you'd like. I'd imagine it must be pretty daunting moving to a new place all by yourself like this after all"

she nodded. "that's true. plus, they probably thought i already knew. it is something that someone should have told me." she admitted. "i probably missed it though. i can't see someone just forgetting that. you know?" she asked with a smile before nodding. "yeah, picked on." she stated. "oh. it must be very lonely. i'll be your friend if you like?" she offered, smiling at him. "since we live so close together, we could do it in secrete, then no one would bother you. then we could be more open later, when people aren't so excited by me. what do you think? that way, i won't cause problems for you." she admitted, pleased with her own logic. "then, when people find out that we're friends, they won't be so inclined to be jealous of you." she decided, nodding to herself. "i don't mind having a lot of friends, but i'm not too fond of large crowds to be honest." she admitted. "in Alaska, people are few, and in Russia, people aren't inclined to gather in large groups either." she admitted. "so to come here and have so many people all around, it's kind of daunting." she admitted. "it's not so bad though, polar bears are much more frightening." she admitted with a giggle.

"are you sure?" she asked, looking worried. "it really is heavy. maybe you should carry my book bag instead?" she asked. she had a pretty good idea that he was going to refuse, male pride and all that. "really? great!" she said, beaming at him. "yes. just this morning. the moving crew should be at the house right now, unpacking all my things." she admitted. she was clearly rich, if she could hire professionals to move everything in for her. it was expensive to do things like that. "you wouldn't mind helping? i can't imagine it's very clean inside. though the movers should be doing some basic cleaning." she admitted. "all my personal things are being mailed over, since it was cheaper to do it like that then to try and take them on the airplane with me." she admitted. "they should be here today, but it's hard to be sure because the of the long distances." she admitted. "it's kind of scary, moving in like this, but it's also kind of exciting." she admitted with a bright grin. "my family has always done this, so i always knew i was going to set off on my own after i turned sixteen." she admitted. "so i was prepared for this." she admitted, nodding. "i had a lot of help, deciding where to go, and in the end i came here, because i wanted to be someplace warm, but without horrors like earthquakes and tsunamis and hurricanes and haunted houses." she admitted. "that really limited the places i could go." she admitted with a smile. "my brother, Anton, he found this place for me. it's really kind of perfect." she admitted happily, pausing outside her house where the moving people where just finishing up. there where six large boxes on the front porch as well, her mailed items. "great! it's all here. i can move in completely!" she said, utterly delighted.

"My friend?" Victor was caught a little off guard by that one. She was offering to be his friend? Really? And even keep it a secret? Well that was....definitely an interesting offer to say the least. "Well...if you're really sure about that, I'd really love to be friends with you" He broke into a small grin, rather excited at the prospect of a real friend, not to mention such a cute friend too! How could he turn that down? Plus she was willing to wait until she was no longer popular before letting word get out that they were friends, seemed perfect really. At least that way he wouldn't end up on a huge enemy list. If word got out he was her friend right now....well, he would end up on pretty much every enemy list going. "Oh? Well sorry that people were crowding you...unfortunately that'll probably carry on for a little while. Though I'm not entirely sure if I'd find Polar Bears scarier than high schoolers sometimes..." He grinned slightly.

"Nah I got this, really" He adjusted the bag in his hands a little to get a better grip on it. He just grinned as they walked, passing by his house. "That's where I live right there, with my foster parents" He nodded to the house as they passed, though didn't slow down as they continued heading for her house. "Wow....I can't imagine doing all of that by myself. Living alone, moving so far....especially to somewhere I'd never even been before. You really are amazing Alexia" He smiled brightly, then topped as they came to the house. It did look a little better than usual, maybe those moving guys had done a pretty good job after all. "Oh? Your brother?" That was a new bit of information, he hadn't heard any mention of a brother back in the school. So, she was giving him more information than the people at school hm? Interesting. "That's a lot of boxes" He blinked slightly as he looked at them all, those were plenty of big boxes. Just how much stuff did she have? "Well, I'll be happy to help you unpack if you'd like" Though Victor couldn't help but get a flash, or perhaps a fantasy, of accidentally opening the box containing her underwear in the process of unpacking her things.

"yes. friends." she agreed with a smile, pleased to see that he was taking her bait. really, he was quite a fine specimen. he would be perfect, she just had to find out more about him. who would miss him? who would care? did he have health problems? unusual genetic manifestations? she couldn't wait to see what he had hidden inside. "it's fine. i just wish i had been a little more prepared for it, that's all." she admitted with a smile. to suddenly be so popular, it was a shock." she admitted. "i'm sure they'll calm down once they realize how boring i am. right?" she asked him with a smile. "oh. Polar bears aren't all that scary. mostly they just want your trash. sometimes, they're worse than racoons that way." she admitted with a giggle.

"well. if your sure." she agreed, blinking at his house. "oh... foster parent?" she asked, blinking at him, startled but didn't ask. "well. it's different for you i think." she admitted with a smile. "after all, if you where expected to move out, it would be a huge shock right? but i've had years to plan for this, save up money and decide where to live and what to do." she admitted. "it's just a difference in culture." she admitted. "i grew up expecting this big change now, while your expecting it after you graduate high school and move on to collage. and even then, most American kids get help from their parents all the way through collage." she admitted. "the parent to child relationship is different where i come from." she admitted with a smile. "children aren't supposed to be too dependent upon the adults, because in Alaska the world is tough. you have to be able to fend for yourself, sometimes for days, even weeks at a time." she admitted. "so we're pretty independent before we even start high school." she admitted. "yes! my elder brother." she admitted. "he is Anton, he always did look after me growing up. he sort of dotes, but i don't usually notice so i think it's okay. and then there's my little brother Alexandr. he's only ten, but he cried a lot when i left for the airport." she admitted. "he didn't like that his playmate was going away." she admitted with a giggle. "and then there's Anna. she's only four." she admitted. "but i'd swear she's smarter than me sometimes." she admitted with a giggle. "Mother has a thing for names that start with A, in case you haven't noticed." she admitted with a grin.

"it's not that many. it's everything i own after all. sans furniture." she admitted. "including dishware, bedding, clothes, books, and personal knickknacks." she admitted with a smile. "i would love some help, if you have the time? your foster parents won't be worried?" she asked. "i think my phone is hooked up now, you can call them if you need to." she offered. "we can even d our homework in-between unpacking. and i'll even throw in a free dinner for the help!" she promised him, pausing when one of the men called out. "ah! excuse me, i have to pay them." she admitted, moving over to the man and talking to him for a moment before pulling her wallet out and handing the man a decent pile of money. "thank you!" she called, watching them leave before smiling at James. "well! come on in!" she offered, opening the door wider for him. "we'll take the groceries right into the kitchen so you won't have to carry them anymore."

"Oh i'm sure they'll calm down eventually, I just wouldn't be so sure that it'll be anytime soon. Well, not unless something else happens to grab their attention, but given how rarely even one thing happens around here, a second thing suddenly happening after you arrive seems pretty unlikely. This is probably the most boring place on Earth after all" He grinned softly. "Mmhmm, foster parents. My real parents died when I was very young, but I was lucky enough to get a foster family rather than going to an orphanage. They're not bad people or anything by any means, and they do take care of me, but it's more of a job for them than anything else. When I'm old enough to move out I don't think they'll shed any tears or anything"

Victor listened carefully as she spoke about her family. So, she had an older brother, a younger brother and a younger sister. She hadn't mentioned any of this back at the school when she was being interrogated by the class. If she was sharing this information with him without even being really questioned about it then she must have thought of him a little differently than the others. Hardly surprising, he was probably the only person who hadn't interrogated her back at the school, and from the sounds of it that was definitely the kind of person she preferred spending time with.
"Oh I have the time. My foster parents wont mind at all. It's sort of an I don't bother them and they don't bother me arrangement. They have their business and I have mine, so I've got all the time we need really" He couldn't help grinning at the mention of a free dinner. Today had started out a boring day like any other and it was ending with an insanely cute girl giving him dinner. Oh yes, today was definitely shaping up to be a great day.

He waited for her to finish paying the men, though couldn't help but notice the somewhat significant amount of cash she handed over. Wow, she really did seem to be rather rich. Once again he had to wonder why she would want to come here of all places. If she really wanted somewhere quiet that she could have some privacy he wondered why she hadn't perhaps gone to a nice exclusive boarding school where her arrival would hardly have raised an eyebrow. Ah well, it didn't really matter. Besides, the current situation was working out best for him so he really shouldn't question it too much. Victor just nodded and smiled as he headed through to the kitchen in order to set the grocery bag on the counter, somewhat relieved to have the weight gone. How in the world Alexia had been holding it with a single arm he didn't know. "Ok then, let's get to that unpacking. With the two of us I'm sure it'll take no time at all. Just let me know if there are any.....private boxes that I should leave for you to do. Don't wanna end up going through your underwear after all" He grinned and laughed as he turned to head and grab one of the boxes.

she nodded. "i'm sure they will, eventually." she agreed with a smile before blinking. "something else? like a store getting robbed, or a kitten getting stuck in a tree?" she asked, her head tilted. "i don't think that would keep people entertained for very long." she admitted before smiling. "yes. i did know that. i suppose i should have taken into account how exciting something new would be in a place like this, but i didn't think about it." she admitted before watching him. "oh. so, did they know your parents or something? is that why they took you in?" she asked curiously. "i can't imagine how lonely it must be for you. no friends, no close family... i bet if you vanished, no one would notice, would they?" she looked at him. "well, i won't abandon you, okay?" she asked with a smile. "we'll be close friends, and you won't have to worry about being alone anymore." she promised him with a smile, raising her pinky finger. "let's promise on it, kay?" she asked him with a smile. "and who knows. maybe we can make some other really good friends, now that your not all alone anymore." she mused. "could be, that no one else made an effort because they thought you wanted to be alone. i bet you'll make some other good friends now that people realize your okay with having friends, right?" she asked with a smile. "maybe, in a few months, you can finally have a bit of happiness in your life."

"well. okay, if your sure they wont mind." she agreed with a smile before heading over to pay the men. "private boxes?" she asked, blinking at him before chuckling. "why are all teenage boys such perverts?" she asked him playfully. most of the boxes where really heavy, and they both had to carry them in. "there!" she sighed, hefting the last one in. "lets see where the movers placed everything first." she decided. "i had a general layout of the building, but i don't know what kind of furniture my father got for me." she admitted. "he better not have gotten ugly stuff." she huffed with a smile, heading inside properly. the floors where all hard wood, and all of the furniture was soft and plushy and of the expensive kind. even the TV was expensive, a big screen flat TV ad she had two gaming systems to go with it. no doubt she'd pick up others as the mood suited her. all in all the house rather said 'i'm wealthy but i don't really care'. "well. everything seams to be in place." she admitted. "in any case, i'm not sure which bo has my underthings, so i'm going to have to trust you." she decided with a smile. "let's get to work, shall we?" she asked. "you open the boxes to start, and i'll start putting the groceries away." she decided. then we can move the boxes depending on where they go. like the clothes will g to the bedroom and the bathroom and cleaning supplies will go to the bathroom and the pots and pans into the kitchen and so on. they should be organized depending on where they need to go." she admitted. "then we can cook dinner and unpack at the same time." she decided with a smile. "hows that sound?"

"No, my foster parents didn't know my parents really, certainly not personally. It was more....well they were the only registered foster parents in town and then when my parents died I just sort of ended up with them." He shrugged softly, then raised an eyebrow at the rather unusual comment of nobody noticing if he disappeared. What a strange thing to say...maybe it was just a cultural thing though, after all she was originally from a very different country, maybe she was just a lot more used to speaking her mind. "Well, I suppose you're right there really. I guess my foster parents would notice eventually, but they might figure I just up and left without telling them, they certainly wouldn't particularly worry though I suppose" Victor sighed softly, then blinked as she raised her finger. "Well....I...maybe. But I'm glad to have you as a friend Alexia. I wouldn't be so sure about making lots of other friends, but even one is more than enough for me really"

When she mentioned boys being perverts, Victor couldn't help laughing nervously, looking away quickly. "W-well I wasn't trying to be perverted. Just trying to be realistic is all, I didn't want you thinking I'd gone hunting for that kind of stuff intentionally" He tried to grin in an attempt to relax the situation a little, though his grin turned into a look of confusion and amazement as they toured some of the furnishings. Everything looked so new, so expensive. It all rather stuck out in the old house really, looking somewhat out of place. Then again with stuff like that, who cared if it looked out of place? "Wow, look at all this stuff...." It seemed the rumours about her wealth had been true if nothing else, though he suspected that was pure coincidence rather than anyone actually knowing anything about her in advance.
"Ok then, well time to start opening boxes I suppose" Victor set his bag down in the hallway, then rolled up his sleeves a little in preperation of getting to work, moving over to the first box in order to begin opening it carefully. "Cooking while unpacking sounds good. The more we can get done at once, the sooner you'll be unpacked and all moved in right? Then you can start feeling like you're right at home"

she blinked a little. "that doesn't make any sense at all." she complained. "if they aren't going to care for a child properly, then they shouldn't be foster parents. neglect can cause just as much emotional and mental damage as abuse can you know." she admitted, looking upset. "no wonder you never went out of your way to try and connect to people." she mumbled before smiling at him. "still, your a really good guy." she admitted. "so i think you'll be okay, you just have to stop being so shy." she decided with a smile before shaking her head. "it's not right, that they wouldn't notice, and wouldn't care." she admitted. though outwardly she looked upset, inside she was ecstatic. she would be able to take him without anyone caring. and she could use him to gather other misfits and castaways. others that no one would miss. it would make her job much easier. as for the rest, it would be easy to manufacture a few horrors here, a few accidents there. people would go missing and no one would bat an eye. it would be hard, but she could easily do it. "well. i'm glad we're friends too." she promised with a smile, wrapping her pinky around his. "pinky promise, friends forever, okay?" she asked with a smile.

she giggled. "it's okay." she promised him. "my brother is a big pervert too. i think all boys are." she admitted with a smile. "i know you wouldn't do it on purpose, but chances are pretty high that you'll see something." she admitted with a giggle before smiling, pleased with what she had to live in. "this is perfect. i'll have to call Papa later and thank him." she decided. "and Anton too of course." she admitted with a smile. "i'm sure he did most of the choosing." she admitted with a smile before beaming at him. "okay! let's get started!" she decided, heading into the kitchen to get him a knife so he could open the boxes while she put away the groceries. as expected, the boxes where packed according to what room they went in. the kitchen box was full of pans and dishtowels, the bathroom box had lufas and body soaps and a bunch of cleaning supplies. the bedroom box was full of clothes and bedding. a pair of lacy pink and white panties where right on the top. "that Anton!" she complained, scowling at the box. "he did that just to embarrass the movers!" she complained, rolling her eyes. "well, lets move the boxes then, shall we?" she asked. "let's see, this one goes int the kitchen." she declared, completely unconcerned that Victor was getting an eyeful of her panties. "what would you like for dinner? i have enough stuff to make Spaghetti, or Chicken Alfredo, or maybe grilled chicken salads." she admitted. "your choice."

"I wouldn't say they neglect me, not at all. They make sure I've got what I need, that I'm ok and healthy. I guess....they just recognise that I'd prefer to be more independent if that makes any sense. I think they know that I could never really accept anyone as a replacement for my real parents, that I know I don't have any family...I suppose in a way, by being pretty much entirely hands off they're doing the best thing they could really, it's like a sort of respect for me and how I feel. The fact that it works for them and for me is just a bonus I suppose" Victor gave a small laugh, clearly not upset by how his living arrangements had worked out, even as a child he hadn't exactly been clingy with his real parents, so it wasn't too much of a surprise that he had turned out this way. He was a little confused when she wrapped her pinky finger around his, this was the kind of thing he'd only ever really seen in cartoons before, he didn't think people actually did such things in real life. Still, he didn't mind, he just grinned and nodded. "Sounds like a promise to me"

At least she was taking the perverted side of boys pretty well, with a brother she'd probably had to get used to it whether she liked it or not. When he opened up one of the boxes and found a pair of rather lacy panties sitting right on top, he couldn't help but blush. Though he also couldn't help but sit and stare at them rather than looking away, not seeming to realise he'd been staring at them for a solid 30 seconds straight until Alexia spoke up again, complaining about her brother. "Ah! I...I didn't mean...sorry!" Victor immediately stood up to back away a little from the box, laughing nervously. Fortunately for him she didn't seem to mind, or perhaps she hadn't noticed how long and how intently he had been staring. Either way he'd had a lucky escape that was for sure. "Well...Spaghetti sure sounds good, I haven't had it in a while now you mention it" He smiled and nodded, picking up one of the boxes destined for the kitchen, though it was certainly heavy and he could only just lift it. "Ok....kitchen it is" Determined to make himself useful, Victor began to carefully move each of the boxes to their destinations, though he was careful to leave the bedroom box, hoping that perhaps Alexia would take it while he took the others. No such luck though...she seemed to have gotten started with dinner, leaving him with the bedroom box.
"I uh...I'll take this upstairs then!" He looked to her and tried his best to just smile without looking like an idiot, before turning to pick up the box. As he lifted it up, the panties, and perhaps various other under garments, were now brought right up close to his face. Oh sure, he could have closed the box again before picking it up, but either that hadn't occurred to him, or he was going to use the excuse that it hadn't occurred to him, instead carrying the box slowly and carefully upstairs to her bedroom, deep down somewhat glad she'd left the box for him even if it was rather embarrassing. Hey, at least she couldn't blame him right? He had left it until last after all, and it would've been ungentlemanly to just leave it sitting there while she cooked for him....

she scowled a little and then nodded. she supposed it made sense really. some people where just naturally independent. it worked well for her plans, oh he was just perfect. "you do look healthy enough, though i think you could use some more sun." she admitted, her head tilted a little. "and i'm not sure you eat enough, your a bit skinny." she admitted before nodding. "i guess i just assumed that your parents... uh, passed on when you where a baby. that was a bit silly of me." she admitted, shaking her head. "i'm sorry. i shouldn't judge. i just... i've seen what abuse does to kids and i jumped to conclusions." she said. it wasn't exactly a lie, she had done her research very well so she knew what to look for. "a good promise!" she agreed, smiling at him. yes, she had him wrapped around her finger. it would take little effort at all, but she couldn't start with him, no that would be entirely too suspicious. him just vanishing for no reason, she had to start with others, and she had just the people in mind.

"why on earth are you apologizing?" she asked him, looking baffled. "they're just underwear. it's not like you where peeping on me getting dressed or something." she scoffed, rolling her eyes. "honestly. boys. they're so weird." she muttered. "Spaghetti it is!" she agreed, grinning at him, delving into the kitchen box once he brought it in to her. while the food cooked she unpacked everything, humming as she worked, some cheery little song that didn't seam to have any English words to it. "okay! be careful the box is really heavy!" she warned. "don't break your neck on the stairs either!" she ordered, as if she'd completely forgotten about the panties. she probably had. there was a large assortment of underthings in the box. boxers, boy shorts, bras and even a few thongs. the three boxes that went int the bedroom where not quite as heavy as the others, being spread out a bit more evenly. her room was rather bare at the moment, with only a bed, a big desk and a dresser. she'd have to decorate it seamed, but the room was large and spacious and had two spare bedrooms as well for storage or guests. as the one bedroom was the only one with anything in it, he at least didn't have to guess which bedroom to put it in.

"Dinner's almost Done!" she called up the stairs. "you haven't hurt yourself have you!?" she demanded. "i can't drive yet so i can't take you to the hospital if you have!" she warned. with a chuckle. she really didn't think he had hurt himself. had a nosebleed or passed out from all the blood heading south maybe, but not hurt. she was setting the small kitchen table when he walked in. she had a dining room but what was the point when there was only two of them? "so i was wondering, are all of the classes at school so easy?" she asked curiously. easy!? they'd had trigonometry together today! she thought that was easy!? not to mention World History, Social Studies and Chemistry! no wonder she took such good notes, her last school must have been more advanced then the one they now shared.

"Well uh..." Now that she mentioned it....Victor wasn't entirely sure why he was apologising, it just seemed like the right and gentlemanly thing to do given that he had been looking into a box full of her clothes and underwear after all. Clearly he wasn't used to seeing actual girls underwear, given that he seemed to have no real friends, male or female, it was hardly a surprise. His entire experience with womens underwear almost certainly came from magazines, TV and the internet. As he carried the box upstairs and things shifted around he became even more embarrassed at seeing bras and thongs. Though when he spotted what appeared to be boys boxer shorts he raised an eyebrow. Why did she have those? From a previous boyfriend perhaps? Or maybe they were hers and she actually wore them sometimes? The thought of that, especially as his mind generated a mental image of her in only the shorts, made his blush even more intense. "G-get a grip Victor...." The boy mumbled to himself as he set the box down, looking into it for a few more moments before quickly forcing himself to look away, taking a few deep breaths. At least he could calm down up here for a few moments rather than having to go back downstairs all flustered.

When the call for dinner came Victor was more or less back to normal, the various signs of his 'excitement', both on his face and....elsewhere further down, seemingly gone. He took one last deep breath, and resisted the temptation to look down at the box of underwear, then moved to head downstairs as casually as he could. "Mmm, it smells great!" He smiled brightly as he walked into the kitchen, inhaling the scent of the food deeply. It really did smell great! Clearly Alexia was an excellent cook, certainly far better than him.
"Uhhh....easy? You...thought those classes were easy huh?" Victor laughed slightly. Whilst he could at least keep up with the lessons, he would certainly never have described them as 'easy'! "I think I'd hate to see the kind of things you consider to be difficult, that'd probably go even over my head, and I'm normally a Straight A student at school" He grinned slightly, licking his lips as he looked at his food, then took a large bite. "Mmm! This is great! You're an amazing cook Alexia!" The boy eagerly started to eat, the expression on his face making it clear how much he was loving every last bite.

she chuckled at him, he was really rather cute for a human. so easy to fluster! it never ceased to amaze her how they changed colors like that against their will. she could make her body blush of course but that was a conscious decision and sometimes she forgot to make herself do it. she sometimes forgot how sheltered most of the silly creatures where, honestly. she was going to have a lot of fun messing with this one. well, until she turned him into her science toy but that was a different matter all together. she had to hold back laughter when he told himself to 'get a grip'. it was so cute really, how flustered he was over a few dozen pairs of assorted undergarments.

"i hope it smells good!" she admitted happily. "it's one of the few things i can always cook without burning it!" she admitted happily. she had trained for over a year with human food and cooking stuff and still she had trouble with many of the foods that humans made on a day to day basis. particularly when using the contraption called a 'grill'. she could make almost anything that needed the Oven thankfully, it was somewhat similar to what she was used to using. and the stove was about fifty fifty. she hated the microwave, it made her skin itch when she turned it on, the microwaves messing with her bio-molecular construct. "well, yes. we learned stuff like that years ago at my old school." she admitted. "maybe i'll just read ahead. self study and whatnot." she decided with a smile. "at least i know i'll be able to tutor you, and others if they ever stop trying to drown me with words." she admitted with a smile. "well... last year i just started quantum physics, micro-biology and learned about Algorithms and computer programming..." she paused and then. "we learned about laws, contracts and how the government works and stuff like that too." she admitted, blinking at him. she had been taking college level courses for years now apparently. no wonder high school classes where easy for her. "i'm glad you like it!" she admitted happily, carefully twirling her fork into a line of spaghetti and slipped the small mound of food into her mouth, eating as if she had been trained to eat with class. no messes, napkin on her lap, setting her fork on her plate before reaching for her glass. looking perfectly sophisticated and proper.

Victor just sat and blinked with a slightly dumbfounded expression on his face as he listened to her rattle off some of the things she had studied. Quantum Physics? He'd looked at a Quantum Physics book once...it had given him a headache. Far too much theory for his liking, nothing conclusively provable one way or the other. Then all the formulae and probabilities, it made his head spin somewhat. Micro-Biology...well he'd done High School biology and that was about it. He had little idea what Micro-Biology might actually involve. At least computer programming was more on his level, he wasn't exactly some expert hacker but he could handle a bit of programming at least, probably above a typical High School level certainly, but it was something he'd needed to make a focused effort on learning to do. To try and study it along with other such advanced subjects...he doubted very much he could handle that level of mental skill. "W-wow....so...why are you even still in High School? I mean it sounds like you could graduate early and just go straight to college if you're studying at that kind of level..." He took a few more bites of his food, though it was clear he was somewhat in awe of her, or at least moreso than he had been before. And then there was the way she ate, the way she sat, simply the way she held herself, all of it screamed upper class. Yet instead of living in some exclusive dormitory at the worlds most expensive University she was here, in some backwater town in an old house in an, at best, average High School. Something about all this just didn't feel quite right. Deep down, beneath all of the awe and fascination, Victor couldn't help but have just the slightest suspicion about Alexia, about who she really was and what she was really doing here. He just had a gut feeling he wasn't getting the entire truth from her, though his expression hid his doubts well.

After another moment or two of watching her, Victor happily returned to his food, not quite able to eat with the sophistication that Alexia could handle it with but he certainly wasn't a slob. The boy cleared the plate easily of the food, it really had tasted good after all. "Now, since you cooked for us, I think it's only fair that I handle the washing up" He grinned slightly and stood up once they had both finished, moving to begin clearing the table in order to wash up what they had used. "Then once that's done we can get our homework out of the way and start on getting the rest of your things properly unpacked rather than just having boxes laying around everywhere" He looked over and smiled, before turning back to the sink in order to start washing. *Who is this girl....I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just overthinking it....they do say the rich tend to be pretty eccentric after all, but she seems too smart for that*

she didn't seam to be aware at all of his awe. "well, technically i never went to a public school." she admitted. "if we're really going to be technical i was home schooled, of a sort." she admitted. "see, we live on this big family compound. my father's the leader, i guess you could call it. he's the eldest of eight brothers and four sisters so he's the 'king of the castle' so to speak. i have like, thirty cousins and we all learned right there at the compound with various tutors and family members teaching me." she admitted. "that's not counting all of my dad's cousins, since my Grandfather was the oldest of seven sisters and six brothers." she explained. "so there is a lot of really smart people to teach us right at home, big as it is." she admitted. "once we reached a certain age, i think i was around thirteen? we started self study, i just went onto the computer and started taking online classes." she admitted. "i guess i never bothered to keep track of what level i was learning at." she admitted. "personally, i think they moved me on to self study because i started being smarter than them, but don't tell anyone i said that. if it got back to the cousins, aunts, uncles and whatnot that where teaching me i'd be in so much trouble!" she admitted with a nod. "and the last thing you want is your family mad at you, especially when many of them have very embarrassing baby stories that they can leak around to make you pay for it."

"oh! you shouldn't have to do that, i already made you carry heavy boxes all over my house." she protested. "are you sure you had enough? there's a bit more if you want it." she admitted, peeking into the pot to see what was left. "tell you what, you wash, i'll dry and put away, hows that?" she offered with a smile, humming as she helped him clear the table, wiping it clean while he started the hot water. "that sounds like a good plan." she agreed with a smile. "do you have much homework? all the teachers excused me from mine for some weird reason." she admitted, looking confused. clearly she didn't realize the teachers thought she needed time to catch up. boy where they in for a surprise. "do you think i should do it anyway? maybe it's some sort of social test or something?" she wondered, suddenly fretting about it. "it IS a test isn't it?" she asked him. "they're testing to see if i'm willing to put in the effort to learn maybe?" she chewed on her lip, looking worried about it. it made sense now, why she'd chosen a place like this. for as big as her family was, she had been very insulated and sheltered. she didn't understand most social settings, which was why she was currently considering that the teachers might be tricking her. no normal teenager would have worried about it, they would ust have been delighted to have no homework.

So she was home schooled? That was rather surprising, though even more surprising was the size of her family! He'd never heard of a single family that large before....the very idea of it was somewhat mind boggling. Victor was more or less alone, only his foster parents as much as they were around. To be in amongst that many relatives he would most definitely feel overwhelmed. "Wow....that's one big family. And it sounds like they're all pretty smart, even if they're half as good as you" He tilted his head just a little. "Though to just keep taking classes without even realising what level they are....geez..." He hung his head slightly, could she really be that naïve and innocent? On the one hand it seemed plausible, plus if she'd spent most of her life in some giant family compound then maybe she was slightly sheltered when it came to the outside world. It would certainly explain a few things about her...but not quite everything. Still, she was opening up to him at least, far moreso than she had to anyone else. Then again nobody else had given her the chance to talk, so busy talking at her. Victor on the other hand loved to listen, he never had been much for talking, perhaps partly because he never really had anyone to talk to. But there was always someone or something to listen to, even if what they were saying hadn't been meant for him.

"Oh I don't mind at all, it only seems fair that I do something after you cooked. I guess you could say it's tradition for the person who cooked to not do the washing up" He grinned to her, though as she stood to begin drying things off he thought for a moment before sighing in defeat. "Oh alright, I'm not going to win if I try to argue it with you am I?" He grinned slightly, continuing to wash the pots and pass them along so that Alexia could dry and put them away. The last part made most sense, after all she could put them away where she wanted them to be.
"Ah not much homework really, I tend to do a lot of it at school on my breaks anyway, not like I've had anyone to talk to" He chuckled softly, then raised an eyebrow as she started to almost panic about some kind of test. "Well....no, nobody is trying to trick you. They were actually taking it easy on you since you're new, they wanted to give you the chance to catch up before giving you homework. It seems that wasn't really necessary...." He laughed softly, shaking his head. "Just enjoy not having homework while it lasts, it gets seriously annoying after a while" He grinned, the two of them not taking long at all to get the washing done. "There we go, all done. Now, shouldn't take more than half an hour to handle the homework, then we can start unpacking your things. Though uh....I'll probably handle the unpacking down here while you unpack your bedroom boxes..." He laughed nervously, the image of the underwear coming back into his mind....along with an imagined image of Alexia wearing it, which brought a flush back to his cheeks.

she smiled at him a little, wondering what he was thinking. she did have a very large family, but when you lived for thousands of ears at a time, a lot of children where to be expected. her grandparents where still producing offspring after all, and her mother and father where actually taking it slow on the children, they had waited until they where five hundred or so before they had Anton. she couldn't tell Victor that yet, of course. he'd never believe her. "well, some of them are smart." she admitted. "others... not so much. it typically depends on which set of parents you come from of course. like Uncle Bruno, he's the second eldest just behind father. Uncle Bruno is of the mindset that he should have been the head of the clan as it where when Grandfather decided to pass on his lineage. because of this, Uncle Bruno is always trying to cause problems for Father and for Anton, since Anton will be the next head of the clan instead of Barny, Bruno's eldest son. all of Uncle Bruno's kids seam to think they shouldn't have to do any work for the things they think they deserve." she admitted. "they're greedy, lazy and dumb." she sniffed. "and completely uncivilized." wow, family politics even. "on the other hand, all of the 'head family' knows we must work very hard." she admitted. "as the second eldest, if i chose to return home, it will be my job to be the diplomat of sorts. Anton will be busy handling the family, so it will be my task to handle anyone else, especially since we do massive trade all around the world." she admitted. "so it'll be my job to handle the people we trade with. so i have to know as much as i can to handle the other traders." she admitted. "i have worked very hard to be as smart as i can be." she admitted with a smile.

"well, i suppose that's true." she agreed with a slow nod. "but your also a guest and guests aren't really supposed to work for a meal..." she scowled a little, her head tilted. "but i'm already making you work, so...." she scratched her head. "i'm not sure how this is supposed to work." she admitted. "Mother insists guests aren't supposed to work when they come over for dinner, but i've already made you work... i'm not sure there's a proper procedure for an event like this." she admitted with a shake of her head before grinning at him. "no, your not. but considering i just lost an argument with myself, i wouldn't feel too bad." she admitted with a giggle, drying the plates and stacking them into place where she wanted them before changing her mind and stacking them somewhere else. "well it's good that we don't have much homework." she admitted with a nod before staring at him. "are you sure they're not trying to trick me?" she asked, looking worried before relaxing. he made good points. "okay. so i don't need to do the homework." she seamed to pout at that. "school is going to be so boring!" she grumbled. "oh well, it's my own fault for deciding to pick a tiny little village where i wouldn't find the compulsion to advance my families trade." she huffed. well, that explained why she'd picked such a tiny backwater town. "i'll just keep doing the online courses." she decided.

she watched him do his homework and corrected only one of his answers when he miscalculated. "i don't mind if you handle my underthings." she promised him with a smile. "your rather cute after all." she admitted playfully. "how about you unpack the living room stuff? do you know anything about TV's? i've never had to set up anything before." she admitted, looking baffled when she looked at the TV in her living room and the boxes that held her movies, games and gaming systems. the movers hadn't bothered to set up her TV network either. she looked at all the wires that where supposed to connect to the DVR box to the tv and the wires that where supposed to connect the DVD player to the tv and everything else with a look of such bafflement that you knew she'd probably never had to do anything with electronics other than use them in her life. something she wasn't good at! she was human after all! well, not really, but that was besides the point.

Wow....these kind of family politics were more like something out of a TV soap opera than real life. "That's....definitely more than I could handle. Or probably keep track of actually..." Victor laughed softly, shaking his head. "It sounds really complicated...I really hope things work out for you and your family. Though I think if I were you I'd be trying to get as far away from it as possible" Then again, could that be why she was here? Had she come so far all by herself to perhaps get away from all of those family politics? But then it sounded like she didn't mind, or that she was at least not against the responsibility. She also mentioned massive trade around the world...so, her family ran some kind of international trade business? He did wonder what they traded in, though the fact that Alexia hadn't mentioned that when she mentioned everything else kind of gave him the impression she perhaps wasn't ready to let slip that little bit of information yet. And if she didn't want to, he figured that asking her wouldn't do anything. After all, she had expertly dodged the questions that had bombarded her at school, instead using them to get more information out of her questioners instead.

"Well uh....even if you don't mind...." Victor thought for a moment, but he couldn't honestly think of much of a reason why he couldn't or shouldn't handle her underwear if she didn't mind, well, besides his own embarrassment anyway. When she called him cute he froze up slightly, his face turning an intense shade of red. She thought he was cute? This girl thought he was cute? But...but how? How was that possible? He almost missed her asking him to unpack things downstairs, though fortunately before his silence became too awkward he seemed to snap back to reality, looking up and nodding. "Ah! Got it" He nodded quickly. "Setting up a TV? Sure, I can do that no problem" He grinned. "I'll have it all hooked up before you even get back downstairs" Victor gave her a grin as she headed upstairs, then turned to the boxes he had been left with. "Ok!" He clapped his hands together before getting to work. Fortunately, as a 21st century teenager, he was all too familiar with hooking up TVs and Games Consoles. As promised he took no time at all to get everything positioned and hooked up, stepping back and folding his arms to look rather proudly at his handiwork. He did think it slightly strange to meet a girl who had so many games consoles...but hey, who was he to judge? Just gave them one more thing to talk about right?

"it's a bit different when you grow up with it i think." she admitted with a smile. "Family honor goes a long way, but greed can disrupt even the closest of families." she admitted. "i grew up with all these people so it really seams pretty simple to me i suppose." she admitted with a smile. "oh things will work out just fine, they always do." she admitted. "i'm pretty far away now you know." she admitted with a smile. honestly it just hadn't occurred to her to tell him a lie about what her family traded. he didn't need to know about that but she could say it was food or crops or something like that. "i really don't, but since it seams to bother you so much i won't make you." she promised with a giggle before giggling again when he froze and offering him a beaming smile. "thanks Victor!" she chirped happily, skipping up the stairs while Victor settled in with the TV. indeed by the time she came back down, he was done. "wow! amazing!" she chirped with a grin, examining her rows and rows of movies and games. "suppose your wondering?" she asked with a giggle.

"see, Alaska doesn't have a whole lot for TV service." she admitted. "we can't go out and get internet or TV service. we do have some antenna, but in order to get internet you have to go to the school part of the complex, same for TV. so most of us just had TV, movies and Games. Papa would go for trade and bring back tons of movies and games for the complex. sometimes, if i saw something i wanted, he'd bring it home for me." she admitted. "most of the day is spent learning, reading, watching movies or playing games back home, so i have an impressive collection, since anything my older brothers didn't want anymore i got first dibs on." she admitted happily. "i suppose i could watch TV here, but i'd rather play Oblivion or Zelda." she admitted, examining a movie she hadn't realized she'd had before shrugging and putting it away, bending down to kiss his cheek. "thank you for helping." she said with a smile. "want to play? i have all kinds of things, Mario Kart and Minecraft and Halo and Fable and...." she frowned. "...Alexei stole my copy of Red Dead redemption again!" she grumbled. "but i have Evolve and Assassins creed if you like those." she offered. "and a good dozen others i guess." she admitted with a chuckle.

((Sorry it took me a while, I've been sick for a little while x.x ))

Family honour huh? This sounded more and more like some kind of soap opera or historical drama. He didn't think there was any such thing as 'family honour' anymore, but in one family at least it seemed the concept was alive and well. It was entirely alien to Victor, but Alexia seemed perfectly comfortable with it.
The boy was rather proud of himself as he looked over all the equipment he had set up, even going so far as to keep the cables tidy and run into various hidey holes in her cabinets. He had also unpacked all her games and movies into the storage units....that had probably taken longer than anything else. She had quite the collection....must've been insanely expensive. Then again with so many family members he supposed her family was likely very wealthy. No, he knew they were very wealthy. They had been able to afford for Alexia to move away into her own house like this with all these things. To do that, you had to be rich. There was no doubt in his mind about that. He glanced over as Alexia came back down, she was right, he had been wondering, though more the why than the how.

"Oh I see....I don't think I could live without the internet pretty much anytime I wanted it anymore" Victor grinned slightly. "Computer at home and phone everywhere else....gotta get my fix somehow right?" Of course he wouldn't go into detail on some of his particular more embarrassing net habits....but hey....everyone looked at that stuff right? Most people just wouldn't admit to it. Then again, the way she was talking Victor wondered if Alexia would openly admit to looking at that stuff if she were questioned. The thought caused him to blush slightly once more, but he quickly tried to push the thoughts away, hoping she might not have noticed his blush, or at the very least have no idea what had caused it. "Play? Well, sure, I don't see why not" He grinned and nodded. "Wow....that's....a lot of games. Well...since you were kind enough to make dinner, why don't we play whatever your favourite game is? That only seems fair right?"

"i guess i've never really been too interested in computers." she admitted. "i always preferred movies and games." she admitted with a shrug. "i do have a phone though." she admitted happily, showing him the latest smart phone. "it's got all these annoying apps that i hate. but i can make notes on it for school so that's nice." she admitted happily. "i highly doint you want to play Harvest moon or Rune factory." she teased with a giggle before popping in Halo and settled down to play. she had urged him to call home and ask if he could spend the night, since she was a bit afraid of spending th night in the house all alone. he got the spare bedroom with a very comfortable bed and was woken at around three in the morning because she'd had a nightmare and had gotten scared when the trees started tapping on the window. it was rather cute how timid she was once it was dark. she admitted that she had always been a bit afraid of the dark, which was both good and bad when livingin Alaska. considering there where months where it was nothing but nighttime. on the other hand, there where month where it was nothing but daylight so there was that too. she fell asleep curled up on the floor of the spare bedroom and made no mention of it in the morning at all, no doubt a bit ashamed of her childish fear.

it was lunch at school before people began to realize that something was wrong. three young girls where missing. popular girls. not as popular as the girls who where threatened by Alexei but three of the minor cheerleaders who where more backup dancers than anything else, where missing, and had been since school had let out. their parents where frantically searching and word had finally reached the school. police where soon there as well, questioning everyone, but no one knew where they had gone. Alexei looked worried and baffled, but that was how most of the people looked in the school. the only ones who where truly upset was the ones who had actually known Tiffany, Ariel and Melissa. "do you think they got lost, or kidnapped?" one of the girls asked Alexei during lunch. "i don't know. i thought things like this didn't happen around here?" "they don't. not normally." a minor Jock, Butch Adams admitted, patting Alexei's shoulder. he played on the wrestling team and had a massive crush on Tiffany, and everyone knew it but Butch and Tiffany. Alexei glanced at Victor who was eating alone, again, looking curious and confused. it wasn't until they where walking home that she could finally talk to him.

"this is terrible!" she admitted, looking upset. "the police keep saying that since i'm the only person new in town that i'm a suspect!" she complained, scowling at her toes. "but you where with me all night! i couldn't have done anything! i don't even know those poor girls... do you think maybe they where in an accident? i hope they'll be okay." she admitted, shaking her head. "it just figures, i move in and then something big happens like this. it's just horrible." she admitted, looking at him. "you should probably not spend too much time with me, i don't want anyone thinking you had anything to do with this too." she admitted, shaking her head before looking up when a few nasty comments reached her. the typical 'she's nothing but a rich Scarlett woman' and contemplating if she was a murderer, since those girls had just gone missing. Alexei sighed and shook her head. "father always tld me that people could be cruel. i guess he was right." she admitted, shaking her head.

Back
Top Bottom