Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Journal, Writing Samples, And More [Comments Welcome]

Lyssa

Planetoid
Well, I felt I needed to keep a journal where I keep my random muses, writing samples for future partners and to keep track of my current role plays offsite and onsite, along with the ones that have been dropped or I am unsure of the status. Please keep in mind that I am still learning and trying to get better with my writing.

*Offsite Role Plays*

The Ties That Bond: F/F
Bella is a collector of books and rare items. She found a rare book which happened to be a book of witchcraft. Unbeknown to her, the magic is real and she summoned a demon. The demon is in the form of Lysandra, an attractive demoness who is now in service to Bella for the rest of her life. Bella can order her to do whatever she wants. The catch? When Bella dies of her natural death, her soul will be consumed by the demon. Along the way, the demon and human form a deeper bond than the one made through their contract. Status: Active

Writing Sample:
The night was dark, the wind howling. A storm was on the horizon, causing Isabella Santos to pick up her pace. Her high heels tapped in a rhythmic pattern as she walked up the long sidewalk that lead to the library. The building was cast in shadows and intimidating, looking more like an medieval castle than a place of study. A window in the upstairs was opened; creaks and groans joined the sound of swirling wind. It sounded like a pitiful ghost.

It was after hours. There was nobody on campus. She was one of the only students to have her own set of keys to the school. Her family went back a long way; they were rich and owned the college. Her aunt worked in the library, and her father was the Headmaster. Bella was allowed to come and go as she pleased.

Most people thought she was strange and hardly ever approached her. She was quiet and shy; loved books more than people. Bella collected weird artifacts and wore clothing that clashed with her personality. It was odd the way she dressed because it made her stand out in a crowd, when that was the last thing she wanted. Today she wore a flimsy gold dress, with a slit clear up the leg, with thigh high clear stockings, and red high heels. Her whole outfit was adorned with Egyptian symbols.

At this very moment, she was entering the grand entrance way to the library. In her arms, she clutched a large leather bound book. She half suspected the leather was made from human skin. She had found the book in a little shop. It seemed to call to her.

She took it to her favorite corner in the library and set it on a table.

"I can't believe how cheap this was," she mumbled as she opened the book. It was really old. The writing was in English, but old fashioned. There was some Latin words scattered throughout. Instead of glossy colored photos, all the pictures were hand drawn. It was a book of voodoo, or witchcraft. There were spells, and recipes for charms and spells.

Bella grinned. This book was so cool. She flipped it to a random page.

"Open a portal from you to me, Earthly am I, Hellish are thee, my bidding you do, bind us as one. Come to me, serve me." She shivered, looking around with her eyes wide, then chuckled for letting herself get spooked. They were just words, nothing more.

Everything Changes: F/F
In the last few months of 11th grade, Ella went from her public school to a private boarding school because her parents wanted to get her away from the toxic environment of her previous school. This changed happened because Ella got outed for her sexuality and the bullying was getting out of control. When Ella gets to her boarding school she is shunned by most of the students because she dresses in a unique fashion, her current phase being the gothic style. While the school does not have a strict dress code, the school is filled with perfect cookie cutter rich kids with the latest fashion and snobby attitude. Ella rooms with someone for a short time, but when the new year starts, the student is able to get her kicked out. She is forced to move in with a new roommate. Will this one be more reasonable or will there be too much drama for Ella to handle? Status: Inactive. Partner stopped communicating
Writing Sample:
Ella waited for her classmates to pass her in the hallway, before secretly making her way to the old abandoned janitor's closet she had cleaned up in the beginning of the school year when she found it on accident. It was a good place for her to hide out during lunch and breaks; the door was even lockable from the inside. It felt like it had been made just for her.

She placed her lunch on the card table that had already been in the room and looked around at the posters, and magazine articles she had taped to the walls. Ella couldn't help sighing as she thought about being caught someday and being forced to eat lunch with all the other students. Though until then, she was going to get the most out of her safe haven.

It was just that she was a new student who had been enrolled in the last month of school last year. Now she was in the 12th grade and nobody seemed to know she was alive. They never talked to her, or made any indication that she even existed. She prided herself on being different and unique. Ella never wanted to look the same as someone else.

At the moment, her fascination was with the Gothic Style and nobody at this school wore as much black as she did. While she did not label herself as a goth, people at her boarding school already put her in that category. It was a stereotype she should have expected. Ella wore mostly dark clothing, her favorite being black and dark blue. She had naturally black hair that was styled in a cute bob around her head, with the ends on each side being slightly longer than the rest of her hair.

Though she liked to wear different color wigs and extensions, depending on her mood, she at the moment had her hair dyed with a couple red streaks. It was a natural dye and would wash out after a few washes. She hated putting anything in her hair that would damage it.

With her back to the door, she leaned her forehead against the coolness of the wall. It was two months into twelfth grade and still nobody had made any effort to get to know her. Even the teachers seemed to snub her. Ella was smart, though they never called on her to answer questions. Her papers always came back with A's, but nobody had ever praised her for her hard work.

She glanced over at her lunch. It was a sandwich and some grapes. She picked at it, eating a few grapes and a bite of the sandwich, but she had lost her appetite.

In know it is pathetic, but is it so much to ask for one person to be nice to me. It's like I have the plague. She rolled her eyes and sighed again. But I am not going to change who I am for this school. Mom and dad already went through so much trouble to get me here and finding a school with a lax dress code, so I can be myself.

The warning bell rang, making her jump out of her thoughts. She grabbed her trash and left the closet quickly, before anyone noticed her.

Maybe I will have some luck with my new roommate. I can't believe they are making me move already. Her last roommate had put up with her for the month last year and the two months this year, but was rather stuck up and complained to the staff about wanting a single room. Ella got kicked out and was waiting to hear where she would be moving to. She was supposed to know by the end of her classes.

It's two months into the school year. I wonder how many students need roommates. Most of them have been here since the beginning...

Whoever it was, she hoped they wouldn't give her trouble.

*Onsite Role Plays*

Home Is Where The Heart Is: M/F
Meg is a city girl who lives with a rich father, who is a movie producer, and her mother who is a stay at home mom. She is not the typical rich spoiled girl and will do something if it helps someone else. She is a bookworm and loves online shopping. She cares about what she looks like, but because of how strict her father is, she has always been forced to be a modest dresser. Unbeknown to her, her family on her mother’s side has owned a farmhouse in a small country town for generations and generations. It was last owned by Meg’s grandmother. Meg was told that her grandparents disowned her mother because of some disagreements in the past. The truth comes out when Grandmother Betty succumbs to old age and the farmhouse, land and all the animals are left in her mother’s name. Rachel and Meg leave their father behind with the idea of temporarily living at the farmhouse until they can get everything in order to sell the land, but they soon learn that the farm has always been in their blood and it is a part of them. The only people who want to buy the farm, want to tear it down and build vacation houses for rich out of towners. While living on the farm, Meg meets one of the new live in farmhands and things start to really change for this sheltered city girl. Status: Inactive. Partner stopped communicating
Writing Sample:
This sample is abnormally long for me. There was a lot of background I felt needed shared.

The day Meg turned fifteen, she expected to get a new laptop for her birthday, or something else equally as expensive, what she got instead changed everything she thought to be true. When she walked into the kitchen that morning, Rachel, her mother, was on her cell phone. Meg knew she had to be talking to her father, because he disliked it when they did things with other people. Edward Winters was a control freak; he had to have things go his way.

His shouts were so loud that the phone looked like it was vibrating in Rachel's hand. Meg could hear him from across the room, though she could not understand his angry words. Something had set him off, and her mother was fighting back tears. Her blue eyes were bloodshot. Meg watched as her mom frowned and started to chew on her bottom lip. The elder redhead looked more like a child and not the grown mother of a teenager.

"This is something I must do, Edward! I've got no choice." Rachel tapped her foot on the hardwood floor, glancing down at her daughter as the young girl walked over to her. Meg put a hand on her shoulder, tilting her head to the side, and mouthing 'what', the look on her face asking if everything was okay. Rachel shook her head and walked over to the table, sitting town. This left Meg puzzled.

“She was my mother! I grew up there, Ed. Be reasonable.” More angry yells came from the phone. Rachel held it away from her ear and pursed her lips together. “It is my responsibility; stop saying that it is not,” she answered whatever Edward said. Meg wished she knew what her father was saying and what the whole conversation was about.

A few moments later, Rachel disconnected the phone. She turned to look at her daughter, with an apologetic look on her face.

“There are some things I need to tell you,” Rachel said softly.

It turned out a lot was about to change. Rachel’s mother passed away two days ago and she only just now got a letter asking her to come home to take over the estate that was left behind. The estate in question was actually a farmhouse. It was the very place Rachel grew up, and the very place she left the day she turned eighteen and Meg was two. Now it was left to Rachel in her mother’s will.

Meg was only just now learning the truth about everything. Her parents had lied to her from the very beginning, making something up about her grandmother disowning Rachel because she disapproved of her leaving the farm behind and marrying outside their race. Rachel being white and Edward being black. That wasn’t true at all. All her life, she thought she was mixed, but Edward wasn’t even her birth father. He swooped into their life when she was a toddler and Rachel followed him back to the big city. Who could blame her, really; he was a big named movie producer, and she was a poor farmer’s daughter, and a single mother.

“Who’s my real father?” Meg asked. “Why did you stop talking to grandmother? Why would you even lie about Edward being my real father?” Meg was in a sour mood and refused to think of him as her father, or even call him dad. Who was he really? He was never around anyway, only stopping to see them every six months or so. He hardly called or wrote letters, but he did buy them things and that was all he did. He threw money at them and disconnected them from the real world so they would be completely dependent on him. Meg at least got to go to a private school and get away but her mom was not allowed to do anything unless she asked him first. The answer was usually no. Edward was insanely jealous.

Rachel looked up at their driver, but he was doing a great job of pretending they did not exist, as Edward instructed him to do. “I - I can’t talk about it right now,” she said softly. A tear slipped down her cheek. She leaned her head against the cool glass of the car. “Despite how it might seem, I really did love my mom, your grandmother.”

A pang of guilt bubbled in the bit of Meg’s stomach. “Okay. I will stop asking questions for a little while.” She pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged them. She would give her mom some time to process the death of her mother, but that did not stop the questions that were running through her head.

Why did mom not marry my birth father? She was 15 when she became pregnant with me and 16 when she gave birth. Surely my birth father was also a teenager, but is it possible he could have been an adult or even already married? Maybe my birth caused a huge scandal in the small farming town. At what age did mom meet Edward and how did he come into the picture? I wonder why he would even be interested in a young girl who already had a two year old daughter.

What kind of people were my grandparents? Did they support mom when she got pregnant or did they start to shun her, even hate her? Do I have aunts, uncles or cousins? After all these years, why did mom never try to reconnect with grandmother?

The last question was easily answered. Rachel most likely never tried to connect with her mother because Edward did not want her to. The thought made Meg sick to her stomach.

Despite all the drama, Meg could not help feeling proud of her mom. Her mother had finally stood up to Edward and was doing something against his wishes. Even if that meant she and Meg had to move across the country to a little small town that was not even on a map and live at the farmhouse for only God knew how long.

The plan was to get everything sorted and find new owners for the property. In the meantime, someone needed to live there and take care of everything, the animals, the crops, farming things that two city girls were clueless about.

Mom is not as clueless as I am, Meg reminded herself. She did grow up on the farm. It’s in her blood, so… wow, that means it is also in my blood. Meg looked at Rachel and saw that she had fallen asleep. She looked so young, her skin flawless, and her red hair falling in soft curls around her shoulders. Strangers mistook them for twins. Meg had the same features, and the same hair color. Both were around 5'4 and slim.

Who’s taking care of the animals right now? Grandmother has been dead for two days. Oh I hope someone remembered to check up on them and feed them. Meg yawned, following her mom’s example. She soon fell asleep and dreamed of a pure white horse.

“Wake up Miss Margaret, Miss Rachel.” The timid voice of their driver, Daniel came through Meg’s open car window. She blinked a couple times and set up, wincing in pain when sunlight blinded her. They had started driving when it was nighttime and now it seemed to be early morning. Daniel drove them to an airport that was seven hours away from the one in their city at Rachel’s request. It was the only way to avoid Edward showing up and refusing to allow them to get on their flight.

“Daniel, don’t call me that,” Meg complained, shaking her head as she climbed out of the car. “You’ve been our driver ever since I can remember. So I guess since I was 2,” she mumbled in a dark voice.

“Shush Meggie,” Rachel half-heartedly scolded as she joined the other two. She looked over at Daniel. “Thank you very much for driving us so far out of your way.” There was an awkward exchange of handshakes and then they were left alone at the airport.

“What about luggage?” Meg asked as they walked up to the terminal that would take them to their flight. She hadn’t packed anything. They had left in a hurry, though they had all their money. Unbeknown to Edward, Rachel and Meg had been keeping a secret banking account. Edward made so much money and threw so much at them, that he never noticed if they spent it or not.

“Sue’s on it,” Rachel answered. Sue was their head housekeeper and Rachel’s one and only real girl friend, due to Edward’s controlling nature. “She started packing everything up the moment we left. I imagine it will arrive a day or two after we arrive and until then, we’ll have to make due with what m- your grandmother left behind. We won’t starve at the very least. It’s a farm, you know, and there are stores, even in small towns.”

“Ha ha.” Meg rolled her eyes. “I know that. But is there a Starbucks, a shopping mall or even a Wal-mart!” She had never shopped at Wal-mart before, but that would be better than nothing, Meg supposed.

“I’m afraid the closest big chained store would be at least 5 hours away, if not more. You’re mostly going to find ‘mom and pop’ type businesses, family owned and no designer stores, unless you count the little old ladies who like to get together and make things for everyone. I’m not even joking. It’s called “Old Ladies Who Like to Make Things,” club.”

“5 hours!” Meg groaned. That seemed almost impossible. She had never thought that there could be places in the word where a Starbucks wasn’t in the backyard. “Is there anything fun to do? I doubt it, seeing as I’m too young for even the “Old Ladies” club,” she said sarcastically.

“I would watch your mouth, young lady. I apologize that my mother’s death is such an inconvenience for my dear child. I forgot to ask her not to schedule it until after you’ve turned 18, so that when I’m forced to move across the country to take care of loose ends, you can go off and do whatever it is that is so much more important.”

Meg did not know how to reply to that. Her cheeks burned as shame overcame her. She had not meant to sound so disrespectful and it was true that she was spoiled, but that was how she had been raised. Her mother knew it, because Rachel did not seem to hold a grudge for very long.

“Oh stop sulking. I shouldn’t have snapped at you. This is hard for the both of us.”

“Wow,” Meg said in a hushed voice as she and Rachel got out of the taxi they had been in for the last five hours. Rachel paid the man a hefty sum, before turning around to look at the property she had lived on for the first eighteen years of her life.

They stood at the edge of the dirt driveway that would eventually lead to the Carmichael Farmhouse. Beyond the driveway was vibrant green landscape as far as the eye could see, at least it felt that way to them.

“How far does this drive go?”

“You mean how far do we have to walk?” Rachel chuckled. “Get used to being active, darling. I’ll tell you now, living on a farm is a never ending workout. Your grandmother does own a car, so we won’t have to do any walking when we want to go into town, rest assured.”

Sweat trailed down the back of Meg’s neck. She held a hand up over her eyes and squinted. “There’s someone coming up the drive.”

“Oh…” Rachel gasped. “That older man is someone I grew up with and the young boy and girl must be his children.” She smiled the most genuine smile Meg had ever seen. “I never pictured him for the marrying type.”

“Rachel, it’s been far too long,” the man said, reaching out a hand for Rachel to shake, but she threw her arms around him instead.

“Robert, did you go and have a family? Who did you marry?”

“Nosy as ever, I see,” Robert said, pulling away from her and looking at the others beside them.

“This is Emily and Ben. Emily is my daughter. Ben is a family friend. They have been helping your mother out of the farm since they could walk and we have been keeping tabs on things until your arrival. Unfortunately your head farmhand and his crew all quit a few weeks before your grandmother left, leaving her in a bit of a jam. From what I heard they went to bigger and better things up in the city.” His expression darkened. “Emily’s mother, my Eve, passed when she was just a baby.”

“Oh I’m so sorry,” Rachel said, putting a hand up to her mouth. “Poor Eve. I never knew.” She paused and then continued, more to herself, "I will have to hire some farmhands, I suppose."

“We’ve had a long time to deal with it, but your mother’s death is still very fresh. How are you feeling?” He put a hand on Rachel’s back, concern in his eyes.

“It’s strange… I feel like I’m in some sort of dream. It does not seem real yet.” She coughed to cover up the tremble in her voice. “Oh! I didn’t introduce my daughter. Of course you’ve met her before Robert, but it’s been a long time. This is Margaret..”

“Mom...” Meg blushed.

“She would rather go by Meg,” Rachel corrected. Robert, Emily and Ben left to let Meg and Rachel get settled in. A list of instructions were left for them, mainly a schedule for when the animals needed tending to and where things could be found. Despite herself, Meg was a little excited. She loved animals, but as a city girl, she only ever saw any at the zoo and Edward had rarely let them do outings like that.

At once, they were greeted with 3 house cats and 2 big shaggy dogs. They seemed wary at first, but one of the dogs seemed to recognize them and that made everyone else feel more at ease.

“He was only a puppy when we left,” Rachel murmured as she hugged the familiar dog. “I can’t believe he remembers us.”

Meg felt just as amazed as her mother. “Can you show me where I’ll be living?” She rubbed the back of her neck and nibbled her bottom lip.

Rachel led Meg through the house. It was a three story brick building built back in the 1800s and had been in the Carmichael family from the beginning. Over the years, it had been added on to and touched up where it needed, but it was mostly as it had been, with some modern things added for convenience. This was not the original farmhouse, though. The original had been built in 1810 and caught fire in 1850. The second house had been built and the original house was left to ruin. Rumors had it that the original house was haunted because three of Rachel’s ancestors had died in the fire.

“This was your room,” Rachel said, opening a door on the second floor. Nothing had been touched. The toddler bed under the bay window, the toy chest, the open closet filled with hand made toddler clothing. Her mother had made most of the outfits.

“Are you okay?,” Meg whispered, when she noticed how pale her mom looked. Meg was shocked at the state of the room and even more so at how familiar it felt.

The reality of everything hit Rachel so hard, making her gasp and drop to her knees. She sobbed her first real tears since learning that her mom had died. Her mom had only been 54 years old; much too young to die. At least her parents were together now. Her father had died the year after she left home. She only found out because she had exchanged letters with her mom the first 3 years away, before Edward put a stop to that when he found out.

“Mom… momma?” Meg knelt down next to Rachel. They held onto each other and rocked back and forth as the eldest of them became undone.

Two days later, they were feeling more settled in and in some sort of routine to take care of the animals and the grounds. Their luggage had arrived and they were spending the day putting everything where it belonged.

Meg laid down on the small toddler bed, scrunching up as much as she could, trying to remember what life had been like 12 years ago. She could only bring up feelings. Happiness. Freedom. Safety.

Rachel knocked on the opened door and walked in. “You know, we can pull in one of the guest beds, or you could move to a guest room. There are plenty of extra rooms.”

Sitting up, Meg shook her head. “This is my room, though. I wanted to experience it like I must have when I was two, but yes to the bigger bed.”

“What about the clothing and toys?” Rachel walked over to the closet and brushed her hand over the soft fabric inside. She could smell her mother coming from the clothes, which saddened her. That would mean her mom spent a lot of time sitting in Meg’s room over the last 13 years.

“I don’t want to get rid of them. Not yet,” Meg answered. “Um mom… how long will we be here? What is da- Edward going to do? Will he come after us?”

“It could take a while to find a buyer for the place, so I don’t know how long we’ll be staying here. As for Edward… I just don’t know. I assume he’ll make a fuss, but even he can’t drag us back against our will.” The look on her face did not convince Meg.

“Are we really selling it?”

Rachel just nodded, though her eyes said otherwise. “We can box the old stuff up and put it in the attic to make room for your things.”

Meg walked around room, bent down and picked up a well loved teddy bear. “Not this. I’ll keep this with me.”

“It’s fitting that you would want to keep him. You called him Little Boo because a ghost lived inside him.” Rachel smiled. “Your imagination was astonishing from the moment you could talk. My favorite was the white ghost horse you said liked to visit the other horses at night.”

The alarm blared at 5am. Meg groaned, sluggishly getting out of bed. She put on a pair of slippers and a robe over her nightgown. Today it was her turn to feed the animals. All together there were 2 horses, 6 pigs, 10 chickens, 2 roosters, 2 cows, 3 cats and 2 dogs. According to her mother, there was possibly one ghost horse, but Meg doubted she would be able to feed a ghost.

She giggled at the idea, wishing there really were ghosts; at least things would be more interesting.

After feeding the inside animals, she started her rounds outside, not bothering to get properly dressed. They were so far from town that being seen by anyone was next to impossible. She fed everyone, leaving the horses for last. She liked to spend some time with them. The horses were majestic and so gentle.

“Are we selling the farm?” Meg asked her mother as she walked into the farmhouse. “You haven’t said anything about it in weeks and I haven’t seen you talking to anyone, either.”

“I’ve put out ads in the papers in surrounding towns and this one as well…”

“You’d let out of towners buy the place?”

“You didn’t let me finish.”

“Sorry.”

“So far I’ve had three companies contact me from out of town, but they do not want the land for farming.”

“What? What would happen to the animals?”

“I don’t know, but I won’t sell it to anyone who plans on changing the purpose of the place. They wanted to build vacation homes for rich people in a quaint little town far from the stress of the big city.”

“Gag,” Meg said, putting a finger down her throat and actually gagging. “So people like Edward? He probably prompted those people to contact you.”

Rachel shook her head, her blue eyes misting. “He may not be around much, but he does love you as a daughter in his own way. I’m sorry we lied, but stop calling him Edward. He is your father.”

“He’s mentally abusive to the both of us. You know it’s true. What person controls someone so much that their own wife is not allowed to have contact with her family or to even tell her daughter the truth about everything? He doesn't even let us do anything fun if he is not with us. Your only friend is our housekeeper. Everyone at my school thinks I’m a stuck up, you know what, because I can’t do any after school activities or hang out and do teenager things.”

“I’ve never even had a boyfriend,” Meg whispered. “Not that I’ve wanted to, but still… “

“Calm down Margaret Juliet Winters.” It was serious when Rachel did a three namer. “I know he has faults, and everything you say is true, but you can’t begin to understand why a person… why I have…” She faltered and looked down at the hardwood floor of the entryway.

“I was so young when I went with him, so easily influenced. He had me wrapped around his little finger and I felt so special. I’m nothing but average in the looks department and I was a farmer’s daughter, a single mother, yet this famous, handsome man wanted me.”

Meg walked over to Rachel and wrapped her arms around her. “Was it so bad having me as a teenager? Did I ruin your life? Do you regret it happening?”

Pushing Meg away from her, Rachel shook her head, her eyes wide and shocked. “Oh Heavens, no! Sweet child, you were the best thing to ever happen to me. We loved you so much.”

“We?”

“My parents. Oh, they doted on you.”

She wondered if this was a good time to ask about her birth father, but Meg decided to see if Rachel would volunteer the info herself.

“I see it in your eyes…”

“I just don’t understand why it’s a secret.”

“He was 19 years old, I was 15, even in a small town like this, that was illegal. I never told my parents who the father was and… well…” Sweat broke out on Rachel’s forehead and her hands were shaking. “I never told him either. After I found out I was pregnant, he joined the marines. I was an emotional wreck and we ended up having a fight because I did not want him to go. He never came back.”

“Oh mom.” Meg threw her arms around Rachel. “Did he die? I’m so sorry for pressing. I had no idea.”

“I have no idea, honey, I really don't know.”

It was clear that was all Rachel was ready to share. Meg felt a little better now that she knew more about her birth father, but wondered who he could possibly be.

“I have got some responses to the job openings, from some men and women. I am meeting with some this afternoon. I want you to get the most out of your education as you can…. well, and to be a teenager while you have the chance.” Rachel took a drink of her coffee and looked across the table at her daughter.

The idea of a little extra free time was nice, but she she had grown to love doing things for the farm. It made her feel like she had a purpose. Meg had a feeling Rachel felt the same way.

“Can we really afford to hire more people?”

“Well yes, Emily and Ben will be around less because they have school too and you’d be surprised how much money we bring in. Everyone needs to eat, after all. Your grandmother also had her savings that she willed to us.” There was the unspoken ‘and your dad is still putting money in our account so there is enough to go around.’ Meg really did not understand why he would still be giving them anything.

In a situation like ours, you’d think he’d freeze the account. We did defy his wishes. In reality, Edward made so much money, he probably forgot to stop the direct deposit he had been putting into an account for them ever since he took Rachel as his wife. He called the account their allowance. He never looked inside the account or questioned what they did with the money.

After having several meetings and not finding the right people for the job, Rachel felt like this was turning into a lost cause. She walked into the small diner in town to meet the final person she was meant to meet today.

The diner was decked out to look like an old fashioned 50s restaurant. She ordered a grape soda and took a seat at a booth, waiting for her possible employee to be to show up.

"Hello, Miss Rachel, it's nice to see you in town again." Rachel looked up at the grey haired woman behind the counter. She smiled and thanked her, before going back to her soda.

*Sample of Character Profiles*

A Princess, Troll and Half Dryad
I don't always use character profiles, but I do like to! Here are some examples.
Name: Lia (Formally Princess Arlia)
Race: Human
Sexuality: Does not have a fondness for men. Whether she is straight or bisexual, she vowed to never be with a man again.
Class: She is not trained in any class, but would be willing to learn.
Trinkets: A fake marriage license so she won't be punished for having a baby without a husband, her bag of coins and jewels she took with her from the palace.
Armor/Weapons: Nothing, but a heavy bag full of coins and jewels.

Bio: Arlia was raped by one of her male servants when she want to visit the stable and ran into the new stable boy. Her parents allowed her free roam of the stables, knowing the horses were the only thing she loved about living in the castle. This proved to be her downfall. The other servants took care of the stable boy when they found Lia and him together, and then vowed not to speak of the act again, knowing her parents might find some way to find more than the stable boy at fault, and knowing Lia wished to keep the act secret.

A couple months later, she realizes she is pregnant. She has to switch places with her twin sister so that she can escape the castle walls and avoid punishment for the taboo of being pregnant before being married. The only reason she has a twin to switch with is because of the Breeding Laws in her kingdom. Each family are allowed only one male child and one female child. The king and queen are very strict with upholding laws, or at least pretending to, so when they had twin daughters, one of them was hidden away and given to the kitchen staff to raise. Arlia found out about her sister through the words of her favorite maid when she was on her death bed. The twins quickly became close and each were willing to switch so that Arlia would not get in trouble, because even as princess, she could still be punished. This is what she believed and her motive for leaving the castle.

Name: Willow
Race: Half-Dryad
Sexuality: Does not have any sexuality taboos that humans have.
Class: Archer, Elemental Mage
Trinkets: No trinkets
Armor/weapons: Elemental magic and can materialize a bow and arrow made from leaves and twigs.

Dryad form

Human form, though they look more like elves, with the pointy ears. She is half dryad half human.
Bio: Willow is a half-dryad. Her father was human and her mother a full blooded tree spirit. She has a love for nature, though is not tied down to any tree, unlike her mother. She longs for the human life her father had, though she does not know who he is. She seems standoffish, even cold at first, because she does not have much experience in socializing with other people. She is still considered a youngling by Dryad standards, though by human standards, she looks and acts like an adult.

Willow's mother's tree was cut down many years ago, her mother dying with the tree. She has no ill will toward humans or other races, but holds hatred for the ones responsible for her mothers death. She knows those responsible are long gone from this world. Since she loves nature and life in general, she found a way to stay by it, yet still get out into the world. This is why she has attached herself to the young mother to be and her child.

Most half-dryads tend to follow the ways of goodness. Their humanoid parentage will often influence how they go about expressing it. Often, those with an elven parent are chaotic, and those with human parents are neutral. On average, half-dryads are neutral and good.

Name: Gog, the Troll
Race: Troll
Sexuality: What this mean? Sexuality? Gog no understand!
Class: Hand to Hand Combat, Warrior, Protector
Trinkets: Some jewelry worn around his neck and pierced ears
Armor/weapons: Whatever is handy. No armor, his skin is naturally thick and not easily damaged. He is more of a hand to hand kind of guy, but is more of a lover than a fighter. He is a peaceful troll. He is a shape-shifter, a skill trolls have and most people are unaware of.

Bio: Gog is just a troll. He is a wanderer. He stays hidden from humans and other creatures because they mistake trolls as bad and kill them unfairly. Troll good people. Nobody believes or knows truth. Many trolls gone. Gog lonely. He find princess girl and she nice to Gog, so he decides to protect her. Later they meet strange tree girl. He like her, can transform into tree, too. Tree girl is odd, but not mean to Gog or princess. They go on adventures together. Gog hope one day he find troll love for himself.

three_little_birds_by_tmirai-d6v13z1_zps92ce2186.jpg

He looks like this, except his nose is not as long, nor his ears. His skin is a lighter purple and he doesn't have the purple markings.

More Samples:

Zombie Invasion: Just One Bite.

Character's Pictures
f69a66e8-3e35-48f8-9cf6-d40a73fda538_zps9958u1kd.jpg
th1_zps552de235.jpg
682e6f2f-68d9-4468-833a-2c5ce73f82fe_zps5wwlmk4t.jpg

Samples:
Rena Richards - 18 - Hider

Day of Outbreak, 2 years ago - Age 16

On her way to ballet class, Rena noticed that there were three traffic accidents. One of them was right near her home, one of them was at the halfway mark on her walk, and one of them was just a block from the building she danced in. She also noticed that it seemed eerily quiet, despite the accidents and nobody seemed to be in the cars or around. She figured rescue had already came and gone, but it was strange that they had not blocked off the areas where the cars crashed. There was blood and glass all over the pavement. Why hadn’t the police blocked it off? She wondered if the cleaning crew would have it cleared before her class ended.

Accidents happened, so she tried not to think on it too much, but could not help but feel sorry for the people in the cars. How many of them had died? Had they suffered any pain before dying or did their death come quickly? If there had been any casualties, she hoped they had been instant.

She could not stand the idea of pain and suffering. Rena had enough of it in her life and did not want to see it around her anymore. Even though she had been three at the time, she still vividly recalled the way her mother and father were brutally stabbed and shot by two burglars who had broken into their home. That memory would always be with her. The last thing her parents did before dying was to hide her in the closet the moment they heard someone breaking in through the front window.

The burglars had seemed surprised to find her parents home. Rena watched through the slats on the closet door as the male intruder reacted as if by instinct, grabbing a knife out of his belt and thrusting it into her father’s stomach. Her mom had looked at the closet, knowing Rena could see them, her eyes begged her to not make a sound, so she had forced herself not to cry as she watched the female burglar pull out a gun and shoot her mom once in the chest and twice in her lower stomach. By the fate of God, Rena had not been discovered as they robbed the house.

When they left, Rena left the closet and called 911 as she had been taught to do in case of an emergency.

She shook away the memory and walked into the dance studio. She frowned when she noticed only a handful of people had shown up. That was odd. Her classmates were all very serious about their work and almost never missed a day.

“Did you notice anything strange today?” She asked her dance partner. He looked over at her as he was doing his warm up stretches. She watched as he turned to face her. “I mean I’ve never seen the place so deserted and I saw 3 traffic accidents on the way, but could not find anyone around, no one blocked the areas off, either.”

“I think a lot of people are out with the flu,” he answered.

The next event was a blur to Rena. There was screaming and people were running around. She saw someone laying on the floor, gurgling up blood and someone… some person was biting her dance partner’s throat. Her first thought was really ridiculous. “Vampires.” But she did not believe in things like that.

She did not even remember how she got from point A to point B. One minute she was doing warm ups and the next everything was in chaos. It was as if the whole town suddenly woke up and were going crazy.

She took a deep breath and told herself to calm down.

“Remember mom and dad,” she whispered to herself. I need to be calm and collected like I was during their murder. I need to keep my head.

She dodged the person… creature that had been attacking her dance partner and started to take action. She needed to get out of here and somewhere safe. She grabbed her backpack that had all her dance supplies, water and energy food and also grabbed a pile of clothing. They weren’t hers, but their owner was now….

Rena looked over to where her partner was twitching on the floor. He was dead but starting move! How did that even make sense? She stuffed everything into her backpack, but managed to pull his jeans on over her leotards. Still wearing her pointe ballet shoes, she ran out the door.

It was like the world had turned into the set of a horror movie. People who looked dead were shambling about, making groaning noises and if they got close to someone who was not dead, they attacked. Luckily, they were really slow, so Rena was able to dodge them. She passed the maintenance shed and grabbed a shovel and ax, just in case she needed a weapon. She put the ax down the front of her pants and held the shovel at ready. Her backpack bounced on her back as she ran.

“It’s just like in all the movies… but how in the world can something like this happening so fast? How long has it been going on?” She murmured to herself as she carefully walked the streets back to her home. Once she got there, Rena was not sure what her next step would be.

She hadn’t expected her adoptive parents to be home, but even so Rena felt a spark of sadness digging into her lower stomach. They were most likely gone if the outside world was any indication. Her mother had a bad limp from a skiing accident and could not run very fast and her father was considered obese. Fate would not be on their sides. Even though they were her adoptive parents, she loved them dearly; Mona and Chase Richard had been there for her in her hardest time and helped her cope with her emotions. They were the ones who made her start learning various forms of dance. Mona had said being active was a good way to help channel her feelings. It had worked too. Of course, she was still sad, and she had nightmares all the time, but now she was making friends, dancing every chance she got and doing stuff with her life.

At least she had been. What now?

Rena looked around their two story home. All in all, it was decent. Not too fancy, but not too shabby either. She locked the doors and pushed the plush couch in front of it for added protection while she went through the living room, making sure she was really alone and there was no horrible surprises waiting for her. The living room was clear.

Squeezing the shovel in her hands, she started for the kitchen and her parents bedroom. Clear. Bathrooms. Clear. Upstairs. Her bedroom. Clear. Dance studio. Clear.

“Well, the house is clear. But how long will this last?” If those things were what she thought they were…

“I am not going to say the Z word.” She shook her head and sighed. There was no doubt about it, for some reason, the dead were really coming back.

First things first, she needed to prepare. She went around the house, found her camping backpack, and put all her most needed supplies inside, including her all her ballet slippers and pointe shoes. The undead be damned, she would still be a dancer. She went to the kitchen and put in a can opener, some canned goods that could be ate cold, bottles of water, her energy snacks, and food that didn’t need to be in a fridge. She stuffed it until it weighed quite a lot, but being a dancer, she was really strong and was able to put it on her back, no problem.

She put on one of her dad’s old work belts; the ones he used back before he gained all his weight. In the belt, she put two flashlights, extra batteries, her dad’s old hunting knife, a larger butcher knife, and the ax she had grabbed before.

With a cringe, she even added her dad’s old hunting rifle, his handgun and extra rounds of bullets. Rena hated guns, hated hunting in general, but knew that she would need to eventually use them if she wanted to survive.

And she wanted to survive! I'll hide until it is safe. Just like my birth parents made me do before.

Once she was finally ready to head out and find other people and a hopefully safer place to use as home base and hide from those things, she heard a scream coming from a few houses down from hers. The scream reminded her of the sound her birth mother made when the intruder stabbed her birth father.

She pushed the couch out of the way and cautiously opened her front door. The road was mostly clear, but there were a couple of shamblers across the street. They did not seem to take notice of her. Rena wondered how they sensed people if they were dead. They should not have a sense of smell if they were no longer alive, let alone the ability to hear.

Whatever, nothing made sense.

She looked down the street and saw a girl a little older than her, on the ground and being slowly approached by a little boy. A dead kid. From the way the woman was acting, she knew him personally. Probably her brother. Didn’t she knew what was going on?

With the grace like a cat, Rena ran across the three houses that separated her from the woman.

“Get up,” she said urgently. “He can’t be reached now. Come on. Do you want to die, too?” The other was at least a foot taller than her, slender, but not ballerina slim like she was. Nevertheless, she had no trouble reaching down and pulling the woman from under her armpits, even with the backpack weighing her down.

“They're everywhere. Just like the movies. Get up. Run.”

"I-I can't," the girl said. "I've already been bitten. Please... please, end it for me." A tear fell down her cheeks. "And for him."

Present Day - Age 18

The dancer peeked out of the shades. She was hiding in a house not too far from the crumbled remains of a diner. She knew that had to be her next stop because she was running low on food. Rena glanced back at her supplies and winced.

I should not have let myself get this low...

She was even out of all her bullets, her father's guns now useless. She now wore a bullet proof safety vest she had found ages ago. It was even camoed, though she doubted that helped much against the undead, but it did help hide her from those left alive. She needed to fill up the empty pockets with ammo as soon as possible.

On her back, she still had a backpack that she wished were full of food and clean clothes. All her clothes were dirty and covered in dirt and blood. None of it was hers, thank goodness.

Grabbing her trusty shovel (This is the third one she's used since the outbreak) and exited the back of the her hideout. She kept low to the ground as she walked toward the diner. Rena looked in the window and felt a rush of relief when she saw no signs of dead or alive. The last thing she imagined was that soon enough, she would find herself face to face with another survivor.

While going through some cabinets in one of the storage rooms, Rena heard one of the floorboards creak. Her body tensed and she felt her heart rapidly beat in her chest. The brunette stood up and glanced outside the room, straining to see in the dim light. She felt a little better, but not by much, when she saw the noise was caused by a human girl, and not one of the undead.

At least she seems to be alone, and she does not look dangerous, she thought. Though I know looks can be deceiving. Hopefully, she will not come back here. Maybe I can slip out the window? She looked at the only window in the room. It was small, but she was positive she could contort her body enough so that she could fit through. There was ragged bits of glass all over the window edge. Someone had broke it a long time ago.

If I brush the glass away, it might alert the girl and I won’t get out in time before she notices me, but if I leave the glass, I’m going to get all cut up and possibly attract the undead or other unsavory wild animals.

She bit down on her lower lip, and looked out the door again. The girl was opening one of the other doors and going into a room that looked pitch black. No, don’t go in there, she thought, her instinct to continue to hide, but also wanting to stop the girl from the unknown dangers of a dark room.

The unknown really scared her. Hiding had served her, but it was lonely. It would be nice to make contact with another human being. This girl, and that room, both had possible horrible outcomes.

Before she could even decide to warn the girl away from the room, the strange girl was already running back out into the main room of the diner, seeming to be in a panic. Rena tensed up again. Was it more undead? She counted to ten in her head, but nothing followed the blonde.

She’s fine. I should go now. Turning away from the door, she edged toward the window. She tried not to step on any glass. Her choice of footwear was not the most protective after all, but Rena was not about to give up her past life. It was one of the reasons she still wore the ballet attire. In the two years since the outbreak, she had raided quite a few places and had a good stash of extras and was always on the lookout for more. Right now she had on a pair of tan colored leotards; they were covered in holes in various places, but she didn’t care. Over them she wore a green tank top that was a couple sizes too big for her, and a trusty pair of pink colored ballet shoes. Of course over the tank top was the ugly camo vest. She only wore it because it protected her and had a lot of handy pockets. She still danced every chance she got, the undead be damned.

As she was attempting to climb out the window and avoid most of the glass, her hand crunched down on a piece and she could not help but gasp out loud at the sudden shock wave of pain that went through her.

Rena froze when she heard the voice telling her not to move. She warily glanced back at the blonde and reluctantly climbed back into the diner, thankfully avoiding more cuts. She chewed on her lower lip and waited for what was going to come. She hoped she had not walked into some sort of trap. Could the other truly be alone? Rena knew that a lot of people worked in groups and there were the ones who preyed on young girls, or people in general.

The blonde claimed she meant no harm, but Rena did not believe her, not even for a minute. She followed the girl and set down at the table. It was rather surprising when the blonde started to doctor her hand. She winced as the stranger started to touch the tender flesh around the wound, but tried not to call out. It would be bad to show any weakness.

Rena could tell by the way the blonde was looking at her that she was expecting her to call out her comrades or something. The brunette just sighed.

"Thanks.. um Rena," she said after the blonde offered her a drink of the whiskey and asked about her name. She had never been one for drinking, before or even after the outbreak, but made an exception this one time, taking a huge gulp of the nasty tasting liquid. Before she could even fully taste it, a shock wave of pain caused her to gasp. The girl had spilled the stuff on her wound. Rena's eyes widened in surprise. She winced a couple more times as the glass shards were picked out of her wound, tears coming to her eyes and threatening to spill over.

When her hand was all bandaged up, she sighed in relief, though wished she had something to take for the pain. She could handle it though. It was nothing compared to the things she saw every single day.

"I was watching you," she admitted. "But I was not like spying or anything. I heard the commotion from the back room, but once I saw you were okay, I tried to get away..." She shrugged helplessly. "As you can see, that did not exactly work out."

"Who are you?"

Back
Top Bottom