Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SANCTUARYoffline [Monster Gal vs Kinarivex]

Marrionetta

Snowbunny
Withdrawn
It's been almost six months since the crisis happened. This world came out of no where. Back on Earth, they called this place the 4th dimension. To all of us, It was the first VRMMORPG ever. Naturally, when 60% of the world's young population vanished simultaneously, it caused severe issues. How it happened was mysterious, almost alien technologies, a pod to be exact, were neatly placed inside the rooms of certain youth and seldomly those adults who never grew up. This device was called the Enoranscape. (Ee-Nore-an-"scape") It was invisible to those who had lost their youth and had grown up. But to those who still had their heads in the clouds, it was their salvation. Long story short. Schools were nearly empty, the populace was worried sick about their missing children whom unbeknownst to them were in their rooms.

But here was the weird part. They weren't missing. They appeared and disappeared whenever they pleased, feigning ignorance. This caused all kinds of panic. One day, the wrong man saw the device, and went to Enora himself, the fantasy game world SANCTUARYonline. He took it upon himself to destroy the game to end the chaos back on his home world but adventurers revolted. A small group of six ventured to defeat the "villian" only to fail, The leader's best friend...murdered. The "Villian succeeded in destroying the game and as he fleed the world the game triggered a fail safe to prevent the players from being deleted. The game remained. No one could get in. No one could get out. The NPCs were all too damaged to be operable meaning the players themselves had to become the economy. Thus, Enora became new Earth. A ruined desolate world in a state of post-apocalyptia.

Roles were now divided among the populace. Hunters to supply cooks for pay, cooks to feed the masses and to earn a living. Merchants and traders to supply hunters and travelers. Black Smiths Leather workers, carpenters--everything. The major guilds focused on searching for a means to leave the game. There were two major guilds. Tri-Valkyrie, comprised of 32 elite female players and The Crimson Bladers who were comprised of 280+ warriors. Tri-Valkyrie was ranked number one as the three most powerful players ran the guild. Unfortunately, the Safety protocols were disabled. This means they needed to consider expanding their numbers. They were a prideful team however, those looking to join would best be female, extremely reliable, useful or extremely strong.

(Sorry got nothing much else @~@ also got to go to work >.< baai!)

Thief_by_nuriko_kun.jpg

Calistor walked the streets of Terra, the largest city discovered thus far in the world of SANCTUARYonline. The bustling metropolis acted as a central hub for the new world. When Enora was first closed off, people came here for answers. When there were none to be found, they stayed for the safety its walls provided. It was a place that offered space for ample housing, abundant storefronts, a large open marketplace. It was also home to the guildhouses for the most prominent guilds in Enora, and it was this district that Calistor was presently walking.

Most players in the world of Enora were a member of a guild. It offered them a home, a place to find common ground and put your feet up. And most importantly some much needed company in a world that was gradually getting less populated as those that fell failed to respawn. Calistor himself wore the crest of The Ten Rings on his vest, a small and relatively unknown guild that wasn't rich or famous enough to even claim a guildhouse in the city. He saw his destination ahead, and it was quite a sight to behold.

A tall wall of stone and steel entombed a grand mansion - the home of the Tri-Valkyrie. A couple guards could be seen patrolling the wall above, protecting the secrets and security of the guildmembers within. Calistor walked up to the gate where a third female guard stood watching the entranceway. He cleared his throat to get the woman's attention and bowed politely. "Greetings, M'Lady. Are the rumors true? Is the Tri-Valkyrie seeking new members?"

In any game, beta testers have an insane advantage over all other players. Tri-Valkyrie was no exception. Shortly before the game went offline a new series of quests called the Limit Breakers came out. for about three weeks, players had a change to break their level and damage cap. This means the level cap went from 100 to two hundred. The trick is, the only players whom were able to actually do this quest were majorly beta players who had already capped. This quest was intended to remain in the game forever but with the NPC's out of commission the quest could not be advanced meaning players who haven't already gotten a Limit Breaker Scroll were trapped at level 100. Some beta players Farmed them because the Limit could be broken at any level. The quest was extremely difficult so the Scrolls fetched high prices. They still however, cost a fortune as they were dropped only if you achieved a perfect score. The average player had about 500 gold on them. The Crimson Bladers were sitting on a Vault containing 52.7 Million gold. Tri-Valkyrie was sitting on 92.3 Million and they still had roughly 13 scrolls in storage AFTER limit breaking every member of their team.

Normally, Tri-Valkyrie was located in The Dead Lands. When the game was online, The Dead Lands was a PK or player killer area where if you died you resurrected at your home point essentially nude. Their headquarters was a colossal Gothic castle perched on a hill. The palace is now inhabited by 20/32 members and the remaining 12 went to establish a base of operations in New Alvina City. Spending 12 Million, they created the most imposing, largest mansion which basically said; "If you don't know us, This will tell you everything you need to know".

The gate was guarded by two women. A rough neck looking Level 171 Shinigami (Reaper Class (Tier 3 Advanced Class) whom had white hair, red eyes, pale skin. Inn short, Albino. Her gear was white and slate grey. It showed a fair amount of skin but that didn't really matter as she had Passives that cushioned damage considerably. More over, her weapon was deceivingly enough a projectile. Her name was Quasar.

The second guard was a girl in sky blue and gold armour. A golden Blonde Lv116 Angeloid Class (Tier 4 Master Class). She had white wings that seemed to illuminate the area around them. she was sitting high up on the wall directly adjacent to the gate looking down at all the passerbys.

To Quasar's surprise, she was approached by a shorter male who aspired to join their ranks. Quasar liked to put things into retrospect so she couldn't help but burst into laughter. The Angeloid couldn't help but chuckle too. Tri-Valkyrie was filled with elitists. Changing that was going to be hard for them. When Quasar regained composure she sighed. "Of all the guilds. Why us. I hope you don't mean to tell me you expect to don our name as a bragging right or merely for protection do you? We're player killers you know. We kill players who aren't useful among our ranks. We do not stand for dead weights." She said curious what his response would be. He was the first person to have the balls to even think of requesting to join them. She decided to play another mind game. "Keep this in mind. If you fail to impress our Mistress. She will unfeelingly kill you. This means that you'll die IRL too."
The angeloid chuckled at her partner's amusing herself. Quite frankly this was amusing to her as well so she kept for the most part quiet.

The women were both impressive and intimidating. His garb was simple by comparison, which made him look to be a peasant compared to the radiant women. However, this was an intentional choice. Over the years he had found it quite easy to disappear into the rabble when he looked the part. And his unadorned clothing was enchanted to protect him as well. That said, surpassing the level 100 gap was an achievement to earn the title of a Living Legend, and he had no doubt these two could kill him easily in an open fight. While he had capped out some time ago as an advanced level rogue, he had yet to achieve a scroll to surpass this mighty gap.

While he was on edge from their open mockery, he showed no signs of backing down and stood his ground firmly. At their comment about killing him IRL, he blanched a bit, and said, "If none of us finds a way to escape, then I'll die IRL no matter what I do. No point wasting time, is there? Your guild is the best of the best. If anyone has a shot of finding a way out, it will be you. And I can help."

Both girls' expressions changed, becoming slightly more serious yet gentle at the same time. Clearly, his words were well chosen as the no longer seemed intent on mocking the young man. Quasar spoke up. "Now that's more like it. That was a perfect first impression. Had you said anything else I'd have killed you for being a worthless waste of time. But that doesn't mean you're in yet. Have you ever heard of the Legendary Judgemaster class? Because if you intend to join our ranks. You're going to have to Impress our guildmaster...who has ascended to that very class. You say you have something you can offer us. And maybe we can break your limit. But what can a Level 100 Rogue offer the Elitist Guild Tri-Valkyria?"

The Judgemaster Saga was a very special event that occurred three months before the system wide failure. This oppertunity presented itself to Guildmasters who had completed the following objectives.

- Used 3 Limit Breaker Scrolls on yourself
- Leveled at least 1 (Basic), (Advanced) and (Master) class to Level 200
- Gained an addition 200 Levels in any class for a total of 800 Amassed Levels

This game has been alive and kicking for roughly 3 years before the system crash and it spent a whole year in beta meaning Beta players had a massive leap over the competition.

In PK territory. There was a shrine deep within the Desolate Aegis Valley which was a baron wasteland now. Within the shrine, by offering 100% of your experience, Levels, Stats and Skills, basically resetting your character to a Level Zero (Civilian) One was able to become the Legendary Level Zero (God Tier Judgemaster Class)
This was a class in which the player had 1 HP and gained 1HP per level up to a Maximum of 200 Levels which of course needed a Limit Break Scroll to fully cap. The Judgemaster class had no stats available to them meaning all their stats were locked at 0. So why do this? For one your manna was capped at 999,999. A player who has met the requirements before becoming a Judgemaster would have typically around 600,000 HP and 450,000 Mana. So considering how a Fully capped Judgemaster only had 20 HP in comparison seemed like a bad trade if not for the fact that a Judgemaster effective upon becoming one was able to create their own skills (Passive or Ignition Skills) every twenty Levels. The Skills effectiveness was determined by your level but there was almost no limit as to what skills you could create. This meant you could create passives to convert your Mana into Pure HP or equally divide your Manna into capping each of your stats if you were a pure melee player. You could Equip any weapon and any armor regardless to class or race which made Judgemaster the most versatile class. However survival at early stages was ridiculously low, The Guild Master of Tri-Valkyria had her two loyal Right and Left hands to protect her.

Long story short, a Level 200 Judgemaster was essentially a god among players and were even treated as a Major boss in PvP. The biggest problem with facing a Judgemaster was how the went about developing their class. Thankfully, no Judgemasters were ever made known to the public. Tri-Valkyria was incredible no doubt...but to be owned by a Judgemaster would be a shock no less.

Calistor was suitably impressed, and had trouble hiding it. A Judgemaster was a god in this world, and he had assumed they were a myth. If this were indeed true, then there was little he could do that a Judgemaster could not. "I knew Tri-Valkyrie was impressive, but a Judgemaster? Now that is something I have yet to come across." He thought for a moment, not wanting to ruin his opportunity. After a couple seconds he shook his head. "I have many talents and skills that could help your guild. But whether they are something your guildmaster could do is impossible for me to judge. It would depend entirely on what she chose as she leveled up."

He strummed his fingers on the hilt of his dagger as he thought, a slight nervous tick that belayed his doubt. "I know this much at least. You may out-match me in many ways, but there are some things I can do that many - if not all - of your members cannot. Each of you are well known. You stand out - not just with your appearance, but with your epic-level skills, traits, and equipment. I can imagine your guild relies heavily on their overpowered skills to surpass any obstacle with brute force. Whereas I have the ability to go unnoticed. I can sneak into any fortress, steal any object you desire, find any hidden treasure, and be out without having been noticed. Surely that must have some use to you?"

Quasar shifted her weight a little. "I certainly won't lie to you and say that we have any adept thieves. Honestly we've had no need for thieves ignoring the fact that thieving is dishonorable but that is simply a shared opinion. None of us particularly are judgmental we just prefer doing things the hard way. But keep in mind even Gods can be killed. And..." Her voice trailed off as she decided she was getting to be a bit too talkative. "In any case. I can tell you're not a complete waste of time. You're at your Limit which is a really nice start. I'll take you to meat our guild master. If you can please her enough for her to accept you, then you'll know a life that nothing in this world could ever offer you. Despite this world going to hell..." She turned around and started walking into the self opening gates towards the mansion. The Angeloid took flight and followed them. "I hope you understand. But you're a thief. I can't rule the possibility that you're here on dishonorable terms. I won't treat you poorly based on suspicion, but i will ask you to accept my terms to be blindfolded until we arrive to prevent information leaks. If you don't accept, you're not joining much less getting into the place.

Calistor was shocked when he was allowed entrance into the courtyard area. He had thought he would have to perform some obscure task just to get past these two. This was going better than he could have imagined. He agreed to their terms and tied the blindfold tight. He followed close behind the footsteps of Quasar as she led the way into the compound. "Don't worry yourself about the blindfold." He said, assuring them that he was not offended. "I understand your need for discretion."

Quasar smiled gently at his compliance and walked to the colosseum within the base of the mansion where alone stood the guild master at the center of every spot light.

Little did the aspiring Valkyr know there was indeed a test for him. But one that may very well cost him his life if he wasn't Valkyria material.
Quasar stepped asside before he got near and gently pushed him into the arena triggering an Auto PvP trap. The system's secondary systems kicked in and a boss fight theme began.

The guild master had her weapon unsheathed and with an impressive display of speed, she trained the tip towards the level 100 rogue after whipping her blade around creating minor gales. This was a pop quiz however, so she intended to let him gather his bearings before the exam began.

The poor boy however would quickly discover she had a Lv 200 Passive barrier skill negating all actor based damage delt to her.

Boss Stat Page:
Foe: Rosellia Alerina Dragonov
Class: Judgemaster
Level: ????
HP: ??????
Mana: 999,999 (MAX)
Limit: Broken (??, Level, Mana, Damage)
Weapon: ????
Armour: Black Valkyria (Goddess)
Passive Skills Active: ????
Pre-Match up Assessment: WARNING!!

Calistor had to applaud their creative flair as the music kicked in. The music coursed through him to the core, inspiring him. He reached up and removed his blindfold, letting it fall to the ground as he surveyed his opponent. "Rosellia Alerina Dragonov." He read aloud, shocked that the guild master herself was here to test him. She dropped into a readied stance, and the speed of it created gales of wind that blew the loose blindfold backward a foot. Calistor unsheathed one of his daggers and dropped to the balls of his feet, ready to strike or parry as needed. He kept his left hand loose, able to reach his second dagger or retrieve an item from one of the small bags on his belt as needed. He moved in slow, deliberate steps, circling around her while slowly getting closer. "It's a pleasure to meet you in person, Rosellia. My name is Calistor."

Rosellia was already disappointed in him. The music ended and her weapon vanished As she started to walk away. "Had I been your enemy. You'd be dead. Begone." The Angeloid beside Quasar giggled and Quasar herself smiled. Rosellia faded into a shadowy exit before Quasar stepped forward. "Under normal circumstances. We are proud and mighty warriors. But these aren't normal circumstances. The stakes have never been higher. Before, if one of us lost, the only thing we injured was our pride. That is no longer the case. Now when we lose, we lose our lives. We aren't searching for mighty warriors. We have plenty of those. We seek survivors. The only reason I let you in so easily was cause you gave me the impression you placed survival above all. But knowing full well she was a Judgemaster, essentially 700 levels in a sense higher then you. You chose to fight her anyway. None of us would fight a Judgemaster. None of us be it before or after the system failure. The result was loss either way. The only way to beat a Judgemaster is to be one or to have a unique class. Both of those options are extremely rare. You should have refused to fight. Granted, that answer wasn't a simple one. 'in the face of the greatest warriors...who value pride and power on the battlefield above all, is the answer to fight knowing I could die? Or surrender and seem cowardly in their eyes?' Normally, to fight would be the answer. But like I said, nothing is normal now. Come back after a day or two and reflect. I have confidence you'll be one of us yet."
Quasar moved behind him and blindfolded him again gently and walked him toward the exit.

Calistor felt quite foolish indeed. But how was he to know they would have spared him if he had surrendered? Nevertheless, he had failed the first task. He allowed himself to be blindfolded and led out of the mansion. Before he left the main arena he spoke, loud enough to be heard by Rosellia if she had not already left. "I had no intention of dying, Rosellia. Today or any day. I will return." As he was led through the corridors he kept track of the number of steps he took and the turns they led him through, creating a mental map of sorts of the route to this arena.

When they were at the gate, the girls released him. "Rose tends to stay salty for a while when she's disappointed. She probably will stubbornly refuse you for quite a while. If you're still alive in a time. Come back. But she won't give you the exam again. Honestly I think your chances are completely fucked. But only time will tell. Good luck~

(did you plan on returning later that night or something?)

Cal thanked the girls at the gate and left them without saying much more. He was frustrated with himself, although he got farther than he thought he would. Still, he couldn't shake the feeling that he had let everyone down. Once he was a couple blocks from the mansion he retrieved a return stone from his pouch and activated it. He disappeared in a sea of dancing pixels and reappeared far away in the countryside, standing in front of a tall isolated stone tower. Over the heavy iron doors hung the same ring symbol he wore on his breast pocket, marking this as home. The guild-house of the Ten Rings.

He used a cartoonishly large key to enter the door and locked it securely behind him, heaving a sigh as he leaned against the heavy door. The room before him was high-ceilinged and furnished with a rustic cottage-y vibe. Several large portraits hung on the walls with small tables under them full of small trinkets, and a wide stone staircase led upstairs to a balcony that formed a semi-circle above him. A door opened and Gwen was standing there looking frantic. Gwen was a high level lightning-specialized mage, and upon seeing him her face contorted in anger and small sparks of lightning danced above her.

"Where the hell were you?" She demanded, gripping the railing of the balcony so hard her knuckles turned white. "You've been gone all day. We thought you were dead!"

"Calm down Gwen, I'm not dead." Calistor said in a weary voice as he started up the steps. "And calm down, you'll set fire to something again."

"Is that Cal I hear?" A voice called from the room Gwen appeared, followed shortly by a short, grey-haired dwarf paladin-type character with a dazed expression on his face. "Ah, good to see you mate. I knew you'd be back."

"Good to see you too Hex." Cal said with a smile. When he reached the top Gwen gave him a big hug, with eyes that were a bit damp.

"Don't do that too us Cal."

(Yeah I thought I'd give him a short scene back with his home guild first though. Flesh him out a little, give him some background, you know ;) Then I was thinking he'd try sneaking back for a private conversation. Seems like something that dummy would do.)

Back
Top Bottom