Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Laptop Issues

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
Before it dies completely on me and I become unable to communicate, I need help from those who know about computers.

My laptop keyboard is being dumb. Most of the time it is fine, like right now. Other times, it will suddenly start doubling letters like "aa" or "ss" or "dd" or "ll". OR as is happening more and more, when I try to press those keys(and sometimes fucking "f") I literally have to stab the key several times for it to finally respond, begrudgingly putting the letter down.

What is going on?

How do I fix it?

Is it time for a new laptop? Can I/should I just get a keyboard that can plug into a port on the laptop?

I am computer illiterate. I get the general gist of how this shit is normally supposed to work, so, if you could talk to me like I am a retarded infant, while explaining anything, that would be appreciated.

I don't play games, I don't download shit and I stream mostly everything. Most of the time I read or write on it and that's it. This is a Presario CQ-61 Model CQ61z-300 whatever the fuck that means, I can't read anything else on the bottom. It says "Compaq" on it. Please help.

SithLordOfSnark said:
If your keyboard is gone/going, get a keyboard you can plugin until you can afford a new laptop.

Hmmm, I think you should maybe try harder to tell me something I want to hear. Like, I dunno, "dis problem seems fixable..." or "do you have a wrench? Problem solved!"

How about you try again? :-/

I'm just going to say this - the problem you are describing could be caused by a sizable number of completely different possibilities, which, without taking your computer apart, even the computer literate population can't tell you jack? (See: this article for some additional information)

Either take it to the repair shop and have them take it apart for you. Get an external keyboard (there's nice non-intrusive plastic ones you can carry around). Or get a new laptop.

Rudolph Quin said:
SithLordOfSnark said:
If your keyboard is gone/going, get a keyboard you can plugin until you can afford a new laptop.

Hmmm, I think you should maybe try harder to tell me something I want to hear. Like, I dunno, "dis problem seems fixable..." or "do you have a wrench? Problem solved!"

How about you try again? :-/

Take a sledgehammer to it. Problem solved.

My laptop has been giving me issues too, Quin. My top case is 'gone'...rendering me unable to use a slew of letters--at all--on my keyboard, so I've been using an external for the past month or so. *sighs* I also have issues where my laptop likes to melt my power cord, though no matter how many times I've brought it in to have it looked at, they claim there's no reason as to why it should be doing this....yet 4 power cords later.......... T_T (all melted, btw, and in the same place...though this is also after having it for a while too, so I'm sure it's wear and tear and just meh...whatever). I also had the wake up call that my OS is more or less obsolete. You know, when you buy a piece of software and don't really pay attention, go to install it and are suddenly like...OH SHIT! I CAN'T! MY OS IS JUST OUT OF DATE BY LIKE ONE VERSION! *headdesk* It runs sluggish most of the time now, despite my cleaning it out, being virus-free, blah blah blah.....basically, the thing is old. I need a new laptop. BUT...I cannot afford one right now. So yeah. I use a thing that runs slow as shit, has a power cord that is on the verge of melting and then an external keyboard, which makes the whole experience annoying as fuck. A-yep. =/

Back
Top Bottom