Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The City of Twelve Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloHeroWolf118

Supernova
The city was ever busy as boats from up river returned or caravans rumbling through the large gates for Matthias it was nothing new after living in the city for a few years now. The tall Rajlander sighed as he walked down the street his sword at his side with his bow left safely at his home there was little need for the weapon on his job. The crowds pressed in as they jostled along their paths on business he didn't care to know, the spring sun shined down on them from a clear blue sky. Matthias kept moving toward the shop he protected, the Khan merchant he worked for didn't like not having a guard watching over his precious goods. The shop which sold fine Lace, porcelain and other finery was located in the richer districts unlike the poorer districts which were paved in common cobble stone and cramped together so tight the alleys were barely big enough for a mouse to squeeze through. The richer district was like entering a whole different city the buildings were spaced apart and the streets were paved in fine cut stone.

The shop was located near a jeweler shop items encrusted with bright gems or polished colored stones and coral were on display to the passing nobles and merchants. The city guard was very common here so why the Khan needed security like him raised many questions in the Rajlanders mind perhaps it was due to the number of Wolves in the city guard. Matthias reached his destination walking down the alley between the Jeweler and the Khans shop he entered through the back door.
"You're late again." his employer said as he was going over his profits. The khan was smaller than Matthias with spines going down the center of his reptilian head. His employer reached into an iron bound chest and pulled out a hand full of gold, he began counting under his breath as Matthias took his place just in front of the counter. He was bored of this already he hoped something happened soon he didn't want to have to look far for work as he had grown to like Azkendaren.

At that moment, a young human male entered the shop an started browsing the wares. His vibrant green eyes checked everything, noting the positions of certain high-quality items, the spot where the chest full of gold rested, even the Khan merchand and his Rajlander bodyguard. He adjusted his weapons belt before approaching them. Having only been in Azkendaren for a few hours, William Myers was unsure of how to greet people or what the local customs were. So he opted to just be as casual as a well-trained mercenary could.

"Greetings," he said, his voice a little raspy from lack of use. "I'm looking for a good, solid sword to replace my old one." He drew a rapier from its scabbard to show that the blade had been snapped. "I, ah, damaged it in a fight. Couldn't find the upper piece; gods know where it could've gone."

The Khan looked up from his books when the human spoke and closed the book with a heavy thump as he pushed his chair back and stood, he moved forward revealing he wore fine clothes and the gold chains of the Slavers and Merchants Guilds oldest members only Khans dealt with slaves. The lizards long tail dragged across the ground as he approached the counter running a hand over his spines to flatten them.
"Welcome to my humble shop of fine goods. May I ask what business you have within my store?" the Khan asked noting the humans lack of finery. Matthias stretched his legs out and rested against he wall appearing to be only half watching the merchant and human.

Will cleared his throat. Perhaps the merchant hadn't heard his request. He lifted the broken rapier in his right hand again. "I'm looking for a new sword to replace my old one. I, ah, kinda broke it in a fight." His other hand drifted towards a certain spot on his belt, where a small money purse sat. "I'm sure I have more than enough for a high quality sword. If not, then I will do whatever it takes to pay the difference." His eyes traced the chains draping down the old lizard's chest. "Well, anything but slavery, thank you."

The khans eyes narrowed at the human his tail flicking in annoyance, "Do you see a furnace in here human?" the Khan said a hint of a hiss to his words the only time a Khan hissed was when they were angry or getting there. "Tongs, Anvils or even a bellows?" the Khan went on turning away, "If you want that sword fixed find a blacksmith boy." he said then pointed at Matthias. "You show him the way." the Khan ordered and Matthias silently stood up his leather armor creaking a bit as he moved. "C'mon your looking for the Hall of Craftsman." Matthias said to the human as he lead him from the shop, "Broke your sword in a fight you said?" Matthias asked as they walked past shops and merchants on their way to some business.

Will was taken aback by the Khan's rudeness. "Well, I guess I had the wrong shop," he said, turning to leave, only to have the Rajlander step in front of him.

"Hall of Craftsmen, of course..." the mercenary said. He looked up at the Rajlander as they walked, wondering just why the tiger chose to converse with him. "Yes, I broke it in a fight. I had to kill another in self defense." He reached for his belt and pulled out an old, worn pistol. "Managed to find this on the guy's belt. Decided it would work as a bit of a reminder to not let my guard down around other mercs, even my own clan."

Cynthia was doing her dayly thefts. An apple from a cart while the girl running it was helping a customer, a drink from another. She blended in with the crowd as she walked, towards the two. The human boy. He looked like he has a nice coin purse. Maybe enough for another throwing knife? Worth a shot. She drew her dagger and bumped into him slightly. In doing this she cut it from his belt and looped her hand around it. Hiding the dagger's presence. "My bad." She said as she move toward the hall of craftsman.

Meanwhile, Sabrina sat at her caravans set up stall, fully armored. She watched the streets carefully. Humans weren't always well treated but they did their best to sell some exotic goods.

Will turned as the girl bumped into him, softening the impact. "No problem, miss," he said. He did feel the slight weight of his coin purse being lifted, and reached out to grab the girl's arm as she tried yo walk away. "Just who do you think you are, trying to steal my money?" he demanded, bringing his pistol up to aim at her. "Hand it over. Now, unless you want your brains splattered across the road here."

Matthias never wore his money pouch in the open any more due to thieves most were in the poorer districts or market places. "If you give her to the guards they'll take three fingers since she has all of them." he said looking at the Khan with a mildly interested smirk on his face. "Though they might do worse things." he added with a shrug as he waited to see how the scene all played out. It was interesting see a thief in the richer districts though not unheard of it was rare they ever got this far. The City Council members each had some thieves on their pay roll meant to steal secrets from other council members for leverage if she was here and had not been caught so far then she might be one of those.

(Uh... Wolf, there's no Khan character here. Just a male Rajlander, a male human, and a neko girl...)

Will narrowed his eyes at the neko girl. "Well, if she doesn't hand over my wallet, she's going to have a whole lot less on her mind than guards taking her fingers. Emphasis on the 'hole.'" He cocked the gun in his hand, pressing the muzzle to Cynthia's head. "Hand it over, girl, before I lose my patience."

Cynthia grimaced and held up the pouch. The gun to her head only made her smirk and throw the wallet into the air. She took the already out knife and moved while he was going to be distracted with the wallet flying at him she moved to the left of the gun and put the knife to his throat. "Mew~ don't test me boy..." She whispered so only they could here.

Sabrina sat, waiting for a customer.

Taken aback by the suddenly flying wallet, Will didn't even notice that Cynthia had moved until he felt the cool steel of her knife against his throat. He slowly put his gun down. "Whoa, girl, take it easy... If you need some money, all you need to do is ask." He opened up the wallet and pulled out a few high-denomination coins. "Take these. It's probably more than what you'd get off of one of those 'rich' people."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom