Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

M4F - 1920s Downton Abbey Era - RP Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanityinfinite

Super-Earth
It truly is tough being the Earl of such a great villa. I walk these halls, just as my Father did and his before him, realizing the responsibility of such a vast landscape and estate is in my hands. As I walk past each servant I know that they all have vested interest in what happens here, what I do each and every day, but do they truly comprehend the duty I feel toward them and my family.

A number of years ago my wife passed; she was lost in an outbreak of Spanish Flu, like so many others and I have been alone ever since. Well, I suppose not alone… I do have my two daughters that live with me. They are both coming of age now and I will soon be helping them choose a good suitor, well I hope good; they are both very strong willed, just like their mother. Of course I have no heir, and likely never truly will. The closest relative we can find is a distant cousin none of us have ever met… Well I believe I met him one time when he was 5 at a family Luncheon while my Father was still alive.

Mother has been very supportive in my time of grief, there is no doubt about that, but now that my wife has been gone 4 years she is pushing me to move on… she is pushing me to join the land of the living again and stop discounting myself as dead. I always assure her that I am in the land of the living, but I just have not found someone that brings me the joy of life.

The house is vast, the landscape is plenty… but there just seems, truly, to be nothing here for me except the constant day-to-day struggle of keeping things going. The servants, including my own Valet, have all been very good at keeping the house organized and have been encouraging me to start hosting dinner parties once again to meet new people. With reluctance, and much discussion with my daughter’s and our butler, I have finally agreed to host a dinner party this evening.

I expect it shant be anything over the top, but I do hope that it will at least appease my Mother’s desires to bring me back to the land of the living. The night is upon us already and I stand in the library with my two daughter’s seated with Mother. The butler has begun ushering our guests in and the room is beginning to fill with some people I know and some I do not. The footman make their way through the crowd offering drinks to each and every guest, and I join in eagerly taking a glass and downing it. My eyes roam the room as I make idle conversation with a few chaps I have not seen in quite a while, just waiting for the night to end.

…………….

So, I’m actually going to stop the prompt here. I hope that after reading it you’ve been dreaming up a character for yourself and where you may fit in? Do you want to be a servant? A distant relative? A new female suitor that has just walked into the party? I’m really open to exploring many different venues...

I’m also open to feedback and discussion in regards to this prompt… or just general chat!

Any way you put it, if you’ve made it this far… I do hope you’ll respond and, at the very least, say hello.

I have essentially any messenger, so if you have a preferred method of communication just let me know in your response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom