Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Scaremonger (Mr Quixotic & Lait)

Memories of the previous night's conversation lingered with Kyle as they entered the park. Zai's reaction, and emotions to his mention of capture as he encircled in his arms under the silk sheets, and she expressed her feelings for him. How his sincere return of those those three little, but oh-so-powerful, words, "I love you," had caught in his throat, and tears had blurred his vision, before he'd tightened his grip on her, and drifted off to sleep, silently repeating the phrase in his head. With her again by his side, and the Fates colluding to provide them a cloudless blue sky with bearable humidity, the morning could not be more perfect. Neither could Zai, who looked a treat. But, when didn't she?

That internal musing elicited a smirk, and wayward drift of his eyes to drink in the sight of her, before Donald Duck grabbed his attention, and time, which had momentarily frozen, resumed its unceasing forward momentum. "Food, and the post-office, it is." Nodding, and pulling his gaze away, Kyle squeezed her hand, laughing at her mention of the red bow. Shortly thereafter, with the tissue wrapped ear placed in the box, Kyle thanked technology. The US Postal service offered a parcel tracking app, and they could follow it's every move up until the time, at approximately 10am, as he'd requested, the day after tomorrow, it would be delivered, by hand, to Cole Douglas. A weekend, the boy would likely be in bed, recovering from a hangover, and his heroic Father, 'protecting and serving' the county. They could accompany the surprise delivery with a phone call.

Hot-dog and candy floss later, and with his arm around Zai, it was time to explore, and that they did. Not just Disney World, but it seemed the other as well, for every time Kyle glanced at Zai, she appeared to be have been appraising him, and when she looked away, he'd return the favour. Every smile, laugh and snippet of conversation was imprinted forever in his mind, as were her expressions, the way her lips curled, her eyes crinkled, and calves flexed when she walked. Whenever they sat, he'd deliberately rest his leg against hers to feel the warmth of her down one entire side of his body, from the touch of her shoulder to his, their hips pressed together, and his arm over her shoulder. The packet of yellow pills in his pocket remained untouched - who needed illicit substances to get high, when he was already drunk on Zai? They were normal, and a chuckle emanated deep from his chest, causing his body to rock with mirth, when a lady smiled, and asked if they were on Honeymoon. The paroxysms only ceased when he pressed his lips against Azairah's to smother them in a kiss.

However, as pleasurable and memorable as the day was, it also made Kyle aware of one thing. Surveying the crowd;, married couples with their kids in tow, talking about vacations, and taking pictures with the cartoon characters; he realised that, they too, were on vacation. However, unlike him and Azairah, when it was over, they'd return to their mundane existences. The white-picket fence, and nine-to-five-grind, two children and a dog, with the only thing to look forward to, and sole excitement in their lives, a once a year opportunity to escape. Normalcy was good in small doses, but not for the long-term. He'd already tried and failed that with Amy, and it was not something that he'd desire to attempt again. Not even after they'd completed their mission, and finished with Cole Douglas. He'd find another excuse to keep on with the killing, another revenge to take. For the killing was fun, the thrill never-ending and, in Azairah D'Amici, he'd found the ideal companion. Life would never, ever, be boring for them.

Eventually, when day turned to dusk, the air became cooler, and with tired feet, a full belly, and expression of pure contentment, they unexpectedly walked into a space absent of people, Kyle swung Zai towards him and wrapped his arms around her. "I love you, Zai." He whispered, holding her deep brown eyes, with his piercing blue orbs, "And, I'll remember this day forever." Not averting his gaze, Kyle fumbled for words. "What you said, last night, that you wanted to be mine?" Pulling her closer, and hands slightly trembling on her skin, the Army vet swallowed hard, then leaned in for a kiss. A kiss that whilst similar to the others, was simultaneously different, filled with a previously unexhibited need. Or that could have simply been Kyle's imagination, brought on by apprehension. "I was thinking we'd leave tonight, and put a few more miles between us and Everglades, before the parcel arrived at Cole's, however."

Kyle breathed deeply, and ran his hands lightly up and down Zai's back, a nervous smile flitting across his features. "We could remain another night, take advantage of the King bed, and silk sheets." The Vet's voice had lowered so far as to make his words were barely audible; afraid to release them into the air, where they could never be retrieved. At the same time, he raised a arm and gently brushed Zai's cheek, then ran the pad of his thumb across her lower lip. "No pressure. If it's too soon, and you'd rather get on the road, I'll completely understand. There'll be another time, and believe it or not, I'm just as frightened of this, and potentially damaging what we have between us, as I have been of anything in my entire life. Including my tours of Afghanistan."

Azairah hadn't had that amount of fun in such a long while.

It was exhausting sure enough but it was very much worth it. Worth having spent the day with Kyle and watching his inner child find its way out. Not to mention having mailed of their lovely gift to Cole. Azairah was nothing but giddy watching the post office worker place the box in the bin of outgoing mail and the moment they left the shop she couldn't help but find herself irrationally amused by it all. Whatever it took to destroy Cole's life was fine by her. Absolutely fine. But as soon as they mailed the box, Azairah put it to the back of her mind. After a while of exploring, it had indeed turned to dusk and the cool night air against her warm, caramel skin was soothing. The two of them wondered about, Azairah singing Etta James' Sunday Kind of Love quietly while watching the calm park nightlife. Couples and families waiting for fireworks or the castle light show, the gentle buzz of conversation, the savory smell of food at every corner.

That is until Kyle stopped ahead of her and pulled her before him. Smiling at the sight of his face was a natural reaction at that point and couldn't be avoided but his gaze in that moment of silence made her nervous and for the first time in a long time she felt timid. What came next though, those three words she recited to him just the night before eased from his lips with no hesitation and she remained frozen in his arms. "I love you too, Kyle Evans." But before she could continue to reply him, Kyle's lips had met hers. It was considerably different this time. There was a longing lingering in his lips, in his nervous touch, in the effort of the kiss that was new to her.

Azairah's hands that rested gently against his chest, grabbed at his shirt just as he pulled away to continue speaking. It was so hard for her... to want something so bad but to be too scared to do it. Even so, she kept her smile and finally looking at him, Azairah kissed his thumb that rested against her lower lip before she shook her head. "The only way you could damage anything between us is if you disappeared," she said softly. "If you left me without a word." For once she could feel how surprisingly nervous Kyle was, how hesitant he felt and Azairah was no different but that couldn't have stopped her when they'd come so far together. Her stomach ached and turned and yes she felt sick but... it was something she'd overcome. Kyle would be her means of healing. She hadn't ever been so sure of something like she did with Kyle. "Have I ever told you that you're even more attractive when you're nervous?"

Turning herself around in his arms, with her back to his chest now, Azairah began to slowly lead him towards the entrance and out of the park. It had been something she thought over and over about. Why should she let someone into her temple, her castle after it'd been so violently destroyed? Why should Kyle have been an exception? It was simple. His answers were found in his touch, his glances, his words, his honesty and actions. The way he killed and encouraged her to do the same, the way he looked at her after she killed like a goddess coming from the heavens to bless him with her presence, the way... the way he feared damaging her any further. That was probably why and more than enough of a reason to.

The walk back to the room this time around seemed a lot slower and quiet as Azairah held tightly onto him, repeating to herself mentally that it'd be okay along the way. That Kyle didn't want to hurt her. His worried, blue eyes were enough for her to realize this much.

Taking the key card to their room from Kyle when they arrived and letting themselves in, Azairah let Kyle in first before shutting the door behind her. For just a second she rested her forehead against the room door and took a deep, calming breath before turning to face the man in front of her. Who knew if they really had another chance? Who knew if either of them weren't going to die the next day? Zai wanted Kyle and she wanted him to want her too. Azairah's gentle touch reached for Kyle, driving him towards her by his arm just as he had in the park. "No pressure," she whispered in the quiet room. Her small hands that had found Kyle's pulled him along, leading him to the remade bed in the center of the room. Just after did Azairah sit him down, placing herself in comfortably in between his legs. With no words spoken, her lips made contact again. A kiss that made her whole body ache for him, a kiss that she didn't want to end but pulled back to breathe. But it wasn't enough, Kyle wasn't close enough. The space between them was too big and because of this Azairah moved, lifting herself up on to the bed and into his lap to straddle him.

"Do I make you nervous?" she questioned in a shaky whisper, breaking the silence. Zai moved her face in once more leaving lingering kisses against his jawline that eased down against his neck. She gave him light pecks, and tender suckles before speaking softly into his ear. "You shouldn't be. You're mine, Kyle. I want to adore you," she kissed his ear. "Appreciate every part of you, show you what it's like to be loved by a woman," she cooed into his ear.

Pulling back for just a second, Azairah looked into his bright eyes as all sorts of thoughts found her mind. As frightened as Kyle was about not damaging anything they had together it was the same for Azairah. The last thing she wanted to do was bring about any bad memory that lingered with him just from her actions. But for as long as she thought about it, she didn't want to stop. She wanted Kyle... she wanted him to love her in the most physical way he could and she wanted to overcome her pain and return that to him. Averting her eyes, Azairah tugged at the end of her top, pulling the white fabric up and over her head. It was the chance he had to see all of her. All her imperfections, what she hated so much about herself, her scars that burned her skin and her pain that needed his gentle healing. Out of need, Azairah took Kyle's hands in hers and placed them down against her straddling thighs. "It's okay," she began again. "Feel me. Til there's nothing left."​

Kyle stood, breathless, with Zai in his arms, and gaze alighted upon hers, the lingering taste of her lips on his, and eyes filled with emotion. A grown man, who'd been through the hell of Afghanistan, and survived it, as he had the destruction of his marriage, and one who could kill without compunction, remorse, or a seconds hesitation, here he was, as nervous as a schoolboy on his first date. It wasn't elicited by a lack of confidence in his prowess, - not having made love in so long it could have been another lifetime ago -, but that he didn't want to recreate bad memories for Aizarah. Nor for her to presume that he considered sex as did Cole Douglas and those of his ilk; an act purely for the man's pleasure, and that she'd be required to provide it for their relationship to thrive.

As much as he did desire Zai, it wasn't for physical pleasure, but as a way to be as close to her, physically, emotionally, and mentally, as possible, and to demonstrate he was different. However, anticipation of whether she'd associate his question with the previous damaging experience had Kyle's body trembling, and heart thumping in his chest. The day had been incredible, Zai was incredible, and the five-star hotel, with it's luxurious king-sized bed and, privacy, and the memories of their vengeful quest, if not forgotten, at least put aside momentarily, he'd acted impulsively, although the concept had resided in the recesses of his mind for most of the day.

When she gripped his shirt, he was uncertain what the response would be, and inhaled, before a relieved laugh escaped his mouth, and he felt a sense of euphoria. "I'm not going anywhere, Zai. Ever." If anyone passed to witness the couple, or overheard the conversation, he was oblivious, for the woman was Kyle's entire universe at that moment. "And, I'm glad you find my fear attractive, but what can I say? I've never met a woman like you, and bring out sides of me that even I'm not aware exist." The fear residing, he kissed her again, before, in companionable silence - no talk was required - they exited the park.

When they entered the room, he smiled at the repetition of his earlier words, 'no pressure', and allowed Zai to assume the lead, momentarily. Falling onto the bed, he wrapped his arms around her, shivering at the kisses she planted on his skin, and met her lips with his. A slow, soft, languorous kiss, before her mouth moved to his neck, and she straddled him. "Not you, Azaiarah, you don't make me nervous,". Kyle whispered, and gently squeezed her thighs, as his eyes drifted down to her fingers lifting the shirt off her body, and what lay underneath. "Allowing myself to care, allowing myself to feel, and needing someone as much as I need you. Love. That makes me nervous, what if I fail again?"

As he spoke, Kyle traced lazy circles on the caramel skin her thighs, and planted a kiss on her lips. Then the tip of her nose, the cleft of her sin, her collarbone and the side of her neck. "God, you're beautiful." Whispering, his hands roamed her form, sliding up and down her back, then her legs, and the talking abated when he laughed, rolled her over, and gently pinned her by the wrists to the silk sheets. "Trust me." He spoke softly, eyes locked on hers, to reassure Zai that, with him, there was no danger, or reason to fear, then released his grip, and began to further explore.

From the scars on her face, to the ones that adorned her neck, chest and torso, he proceeded slowly, circling each with his fingertips, imprinting the individual contours into his memory, followed by a feather-light brush of his lips, and a kiss; savouring the feel and taste of Azairah as he moved ever lower. The cause of the marks on her caramel flesh were what had brought them together, and to Kyle, not flaws or imperfections, but an addition to her beauty. A unique part of Zai, as the woman had become a unique part of him.

Unhesitatingly, for what seemed an eon, but, simultaneously, could never be long enough, Kyle lovingly caressed her with fingers, lips, tongue and mouth, not missing a patch of revealed skin, nor for longer than a second allowing his eyes to leave her face. Until, eventually, with her intoxicating scent and feel consuming his senses, he reluctantly shifted back up, propped up on his elbows over Azairah, and drew her into a heated, hungry kiss. "Perfect. Every inch."

Back
Top Bottom