Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An Unexpected Reunion (SithMistress & DeviantAngel)

IMG_20140314_145737_zpsab9aa62e.jpg~320x480

The car hadn't even been parked for a moment before Holly unbundled her seat belt. Aubrey was surprised when her ex turned her entire body to face her. The position looked uncomfortable, and her words were equally so. "I understand what you're saying, Holly. I really do. It's why I'm willing to give you that chance. Because you're not the same person I knew back in the day. And I get that you want to show me the new you, and not just a rehashing of past mistakes. I do."

Aubrey sighed and took her keys out of the ignition, placing them inside her purse. "But I don't think holding onto a grudge is really productive anymore. After all, I know you're not the same person you were. I'd have to be blind not to see that. All holding onto that grudge would do would be to poison what progress you make, as I'd constantly be holding you to an unrealistic standard. What's done is done. Brooding about it won't change the past. Holding onto the bitter feelings won't change the past, and it can only do harm to the future. Now, can I say with 100% certainty that I will never feel upset or bitter about the past? No. But, if I don't let it go, if I keep holding you to a ridiculous standard, there's no point in even trying again, as you'll never be able to match up to that standard."

Aubrey opened her car door and turned to get out. "And this is not the kind of conversation one is supposed to have via text. But, let's go in and we can order dinner." And with that, Aubrey closed and locked the car doors, Holly walking behind her as the pair walked into Aubrey's house.

The entrance from the garage opened into the kitchen, which was fairly large and open. In the center, a good sized Island with a granite counter top was cleared of clutter. Everything was organized, even the pots and pans hanging from the ceiling. It was an impressive sight the first time Aubrey had walked in, and it must have been rather impressive to Holly. "I don't think you've been in this house. Wait, of course you haven't. We moved in here about 2 years ago. Mom's investments have paid huge dividends, on top of the inheritance she received and the monthly stipend she gets. I'm rather embarrassed by the size of this place."

Aubrey smiles at Holly as her ex looks around. "I'm gonna go get changed out of my scrubs. The takeout menus are in the drawer next to the fridge," Aubrey said as she begins removing her scrub top. Underneath, she was wearing a thin, white, scoop neck undershirt through which her bra showed, as well as a generous amount of cleavage. "I've marked my preferred dishes on each menu, so you shouldn't have a problem ordering for me. Tell them I'll pay cash when they arrive. And our address is on each menu, so you know where to send the Delivery driver."

With that, Aubrey walked out the kitchen, to the stairs and up to her bedroom to change. As she walked up the stairs, she pulled off her thin, white undershirt and reached back to unhook her bra. She then walked into her bedroom and shut the door, leaving it unlocked as she got undressed.

Holly was rather impressed by the house, it was large for just the two females living within the walls. Though her mom deserved to show off a bit of her wealth since it seemed as if her ex-husband was a bit of a controlling dick and would put a cork on what Aubrey and her mother could purchase in the past. "I'm glad your mother found a house she loves. I'm in the process of looking at things I would like in a house. I definitely want a huge kitchen and a rec room big enough for gym equipment." Holly explains as she runs her hand over the cool surface of the granite on the island top. Holly loved the feel of granite, it was weird but when she was a kit on a hot summer day she would go to her parents kitchen and lay her face on the cold stone. It was a guilty pleasure of hers although it warranted a life out of her parents every time she did it. Her mother, being the awesome woman she is would always leave a spot on the counter that had nothing on it so Holly could lay her face.

Once Aubrey heads upstairs to change Holly walks over to the drawer and finds a menu for Chinese and orders her usual before ordering what Aubrey had circled on the menu. After placing the order Holly hangs up her phone just to have it ring right after. Holly was about to say something but she was cut off by her boss as he rambles on and on, first it was about the intern that has been put on leave for a week and has to attend a safety course. Holly didn't really care, she just wanted to punch the young man in the face. But soon her boss goes on about a conference in six months, taking place in Tokyo Japan. "Well you know I'm not going to tell you no, and I will find someone to go with me..." Holly is cut off again as her boss, Jared begins to explain the joint project that will be started after the conference. The robotics company in Japan and Excelsior, Holly's company. Holly rummages through the drawer where the menus are and pulls out a pen and paper as she writes down everything she is being told. "So for the next six months I have to come up with possible ideas for this project...Yeah, I got it...Yes, I got that too...Alright, see you in a couple weeks." Holly soon hangs up before sliding the piece of paper under her phone as she leaves them both on the counter.

"Should I?" She asks herself before throwing all doubt out of her head and heading upstairs. Finding the only door that is cracked she walks over and knocks gently. Though hard enough for the door to open enough for Holly to walk inside. Figuring Aubrey was in her bathroom since the door was open but she could hear water running. "I know this is a bit rushed, but it's not for six months. I need to bring someone with me to a conference in Tokyo. I wanted to go ahead and ask you since I don't know how long you need to put in a request at the hospital. I know we're in the process of getting to know each other again, but the conference isn't for six months and I have no doubt that we will be able to, in the least rekindle a friendship between the two of us." Holly knew it was a bit sudden, but she knew who she wanted to bring, her parents are still often busy, plus the two females could have more fun together.

"It won't be all business, we'll have plenty of time to explore and see the sights. You'll get to attend some of the conference and get an idea of what I do...So, um, just think about it, you don't have to answer now. I just thought I would ask you, the first person that came to mind." Holly leaves it at that before walking back to the door. 'I will wait for you back downstairs." She adds.

Back
Top Bottom