Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kane X Errett Private

She lets out a huff, angry at herself for letting it get her all worked up. "I've not kissed anyone in a while..." She says slowly, as though trying to make her point.

"How the hell haven't you kissed anybody in a while," Kane suddenly blurted out, not thinking before he spoke. "Just LOOK at you- you're...." Kane looked away, feeling embarrassment again. "You're insanely attractive.... I just find that hard to believe.... If it makes you feel any better, I can't even remember the last person I've kissed...."

She doesn't look comforted or amused by his statements. "I said I haven't been kissed not that..." She cuts herself off suddenly, looking away and wrapping her arms around her stomach. "Never mind..."

Kane grew dead silent, feeling his heart slow down.
"What?...." he responded, grasping what she said to him. He actually grew angry. "What the hell are you talking about?..."

She feels the atmosphere change and shudders a bit, her tail moving in protest in her jeans and making her shift a bit. "Never mind just forget about it" She says, glad her hood covers her flatted ears.

Kane felt himself grow even more angry, but he knew deep inside that anger wasn't going to solve anything. His heart went out to her, once feeling attraction soon turned into a protective instinct. He moved close, putting his arms around her and hugged. Kane pulled her close, as if to convey that he was there for her.
"I know life as a hybrid is possibly the most difficult thing to live with," he told her. "I know we've only just met, but I assure you, If anyone were to try something like that in my company they'd have a bullet in their head."
He continued to hug her, feeling his protective nature overcome him.

She felt him wrap his arm around her and pull her close, stiffening at the contact but too surprised to move against it. After a while and listening to his words she pushed him off and slid a bit away, still sitting on the bench. "I'm not some poor girl who can't take care of herself! I've done just fine!" She protests, but small angry tears start to form in her eyes.

Kane pulls back, seeing that there's tears forming in her eyes. He frowns, wanting to apologize. He saw pain in her eyes. He furrows his brow.
"Clearly," he tells her. "Storming my place and taking food seems to be going well for you."
Kane let's out a frustrated sigh.
"I'm sorry.... I just...."
He looks up, staring Errett dead in the eye.
"I don't care that I've just met you," he tells her. "I care about you as a person and that will NEVER happen to you again. EVER."
There was a certain passion in his voice that he'd forgotten he had.

She frowns, the tears still hanging in her eyes but not falling. "I came here to escape, if it wasn't for YOU I would have gotten my food AND my jewelry and left this place!" She says angrily, turning on the bench to look at you but keeping to herself. Your words make her eyes turn a shade darker as she glares at you.

"I don't need you to look out for me..." She says lowly. "I don't need you, I need your home" She spits, standing and walking away in the direction of the rest of the party, wiping her eyes quickly with the cuff of her sleeve.

Kane frowns, letting out a heavy sigh. He clearly screwed things up.
"I understand," he told her. Kane slowly stood up, dragging his feet as he began to walk away. "I'll have Ivan help you move your sister in after the party. I.... I think I need to head to my quarters."
Kane walked away, feeling tears swelling up in his eyes, lowering his head in fear someone would see them.

Stomping away she makes her way back towards the wine fountain, filling her glass again and grabbing up a glass from a passing butler as well. She quickly chugs the campaign in it and starts on her wine. She huffs again and glances back at the spot she came from, seeing Kane emerge after her and disappear. How dare he...She thinks to herself.

Kane felt dead to the world, with a million people trying to talk to him at once. He didn't respond to any of them, making his way past.
He saw Ivan in the back, waving for him to come near. Ivan drew closer, with Kane feeling exhausted from feeling so terrible about what had just happened.
"Please assist that woman with the hoodie," Kane told him. "I'll be upstairs laying face down on the floor if you need me."
Ivan raised his brow, though gave a faint nod of understanding.
Kane let the ballroom, making his way up the stairs one foot at a time.
They felt like they weighted with bricks.

She's back by the food buffet, stuffing her pockets again when Ivan taps her on the shoulder. "Miss..." He says, prompting for her name. She turns quickly and recognizes him, relaxing. "Errett..." She says, breathing out. He smiles at her and nods. "Yes, Miss Errett, the Prince has informed me to help you..." He says, clearly unsure of what he is supposed to be doing. She sighs "Oh did he now..." She mutters under her breath, looking around. "Are those guards gone from the secret passage?"

Ivan gives a nod of his head.
"Seeing that the Prince has found himself a..." he stares at her, giving her the look that shows he knows better. "'bride,' The guards will no longer be a problem. They've been dismissed about a half hour ago, if I'm not mistaken. Did you need any assistance with carrying luggage back with you?"

She raised an eyebrow at him and shook her head. "You know better than that..." She said simply, finishing her mug of wine and turning to him. "Take me out of here..." She said firmly, scowling at the nobles around her.

Ivan nods his head once again.
"I understand...." he tells her. "If you would be so kind to follow me."
Ivan began to head off in the direction of the secret passage, with Errett following behind. It took nearly twenty minutes of descending through the castle
It didn't take him long to show her the way. He pointed through the door that lead to the passage.
"Just follow the hall and you'll be outside before you know it," Ivan told her, stepping aside so she could enter.

She stood before it nervously, turning back to him. "Are you aware of the Princes intentions?" She asks stiffly, wondering if she had blown it with him, or if he had told his servant at all that she was supposed to be coming back.

Ivan, having only heard what Kane had told him the first time, didn't realize that she intended on coming back to stay.
"He was quite clear," he tells her. He simply leaves it at that.

She nods and turns back to the door. "Then I should be seeing you soon..." She says simply. "East side, lower quarters, ask about the hybrid" She finishes, moving through the door and closing it behind her, starting a sprint off to where she knew her sister was waiting for her.

Ivan watched as she sprinted off, raising his brow.
"See you soon?" he questioned, not understanding what she meant. He shook his head, closing the door.

Moving swiftly through the streets she gradually finds her self lower and lower in town, the already bad lighting getting worse and worse as she plunged into the dark. Her eyes were her saving glory in this lighting, glinting with what little light there was around here and seeming to glow to the humans. She moved quickly, pulling her tail out of her jeans and putting her hood down. Stopping at a junction she waits and listens, making sure she isn't being followed, her ears twitching from the front to the back of her head.

Kane laid on his bed in his room, staring up at the high ceiling. He felt himself sinking back into a depression, not having any motivation to even take off his ridiculous outfit he was forced to wear to the party. He reached inside and pulled out his gun, just staring at it. Letting out a frustrated groan, he tossed it to the side of him, wondering why he hadn't shot himself already. As dark as it was, he just felt so worthless. The one person he felt like he could actually even talk to- insulted in the bitter end of it all.
"I hate everything...." he groaned.

Hearing nothing but the usual noises of the night she continued on, down a long road until she reached an old, ruined looking building. The roof was half caved in, the walls torn down from decay or people pillaging the bricks, only a small portion of broken and cracked bricks held the whole wall up. Looking around once more, she dips her head under the broken bricks and moves inside.

The interior is just as broken up, cracks running up the walls, the floor bare and stone, a crumble of brick follows her footsteps everytime she moves.

Kane had finally managed to get undressed, getting underneath his covers.
He closed his eyes.
He kept thinking about about Errett crying....

Near the back of the building there's a smaller, less broken looking room. It has no door still though, and dust litters everything around her. Moving swiftly so as not to disturb anything underfoot, she slides into the room. In the corner of the room there is a huddled figure, an old and ragged looking teddy bear in it's hands. The teddy bear was missing an eye, and it looked like it had been patched up several times with different types of material.

Hearing the slight crumble underfoot the figure looked up, revealing a beaming young face. The young girl sprung to her feet and ran at Errett, hugging her tightly. "Sis!"

Back
Top Bottom