Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kane X Errett Private

She scowls a bit more and turns her face away from her, crossing her small arms over her chest. "Good at tending to your needs?" She asks, following your gaze and spotting Ivan nodding back to you before making his way over. "Oh...is that why you never chose a bride?" She asks with a small smirk and a raised eyebrow.

As Kane grabs a mug, he pauses. He quickly turns around, glaring at her.
"Very funny," he remarks. "Maybe I should just have you scale the walls again and see where that gets you."
Ivan made his way to Kane, arms held behind his back.
"How might I assist you?" He asks. Kane grabs a a mug, filling it with wine, having a scowl on his face.
"I need you to assist this woman by showing her the escape route later this evening," Kane instructed. Ivan smirked, knowing his master far too well.
"As you wish," he tells him, taking a bow before leaving once again. Kane took a large drink, nearly downing it all in a single gulp.
"To hell with my cursed life...." he said to himself, followed by finishing off the wine.

She chuckles and shakes her head a bit. "Do you want me to take off my hood and show your parent's you chose a hybrid for a wife?" She says in hushed tones, still smirking a bit. She looks Ivan over briefly as they speak and watches him pick up a mug. She scoffs gently.

"YOUR cursed life?" She says indignantly, grabbing her won mug and filling it, drinking deeply and wiping her mouth with the back of her sleeve. "Don't make me laugh rich boy" She says, looking away and over at the party, pulling some sort of meat skewer from my pocket and biting at it angrily.

Kane lets out a sigh, feeling the alcohol getting to him a little.
"Think what you will," he tells her. "You'll never understand the pressures of being a prince. If I could, I'd leave all of this behind me."
Having filled his drink, he raised it to his lips, though stopped. Another sigh was let out, with Kane setting down the mug on a nearby table. He looked at the woman one last time before, having a miserable feeling in his gut.
"Ivan will make sure to take care of what you need," he tells her, soon beginning to walk away, heading for the main doors. Maybe sitting out in the courtyard would do him some good. "Nice meeting you. I guess...."

She glances at him out of the corner of her eye but says nothing, watching him leave with a miserable look on his face. She takes a deep breath, quickly finishing her drink and putting down the mug, weaving easily through the crowds and towards Ivan. "How long till I can go?" She mutters, making it look like she is interested in the flower arrangement beside him.

"I'm afraid the 'escape route' is heavily guarded on this night...seems like the Prince has tried to slip out of these parties far too often for his parent's liking..." He sighs, shaking his head. "The guards will not be moved until the party is finished, you will have to stay the duration..." He says grimly, nodding his head in apology and moving to attend to someone waving for him. "Excuse me..." He says as he leaves.

A frustrated sound comes from her mouth as she leans on a post, looking around at the party for something interesting to do to pass the time. When nothing comes up she takes a deep breath, pushing herself off the wall and heading back to the wine fountain, filling two large mugs to the top and heading off in the direction she saw Kane go.

Sitting by himself on a stone bench in the courtyard, Kane stared up at the night sky. It was hard to see any of the stars, with far too much light being cast from the kingdom. Kane hung his head, thinking silently to himself.
"I just want to live a normal life," he thought. "Is that really so much to ask? ANYTHING but this...."
A cool breeze rolled by, with Kane contemplating heavily on everything.
"There's hundreds of people who flock to me," he said to himself, "And yet I feel like the last man on earth....."

"Well you're not" The girl says walking up beside him, thrusting a mug of wine into his hands and sitting herself down. "Life may feel shit but it can always get worse" She tilts her head and drinks from her own mug, her eyes glancing over at him.

At the back the music was more dulled, the beat still flowing through to them but it's quiet enough to talk comfortably. There's a stretch of silence as they both stare off into the distance, the small sounds of swallowing drink the only sound between them.

"I guess you're right," Kane said, taking another drink. "I know a lot of people are worse off than I am. I have everything I could ever need. Mostly, that is."
He held the mug close to him, looking at the woman in the hoodie.
"You know.... I never got you name...."

She takes a large breath, before turning to him a bit more. She looks him over once more, trying to decide on whether or not to trust him before making up her mind. "Errett" She says simply, holding out a small, clawed hand.

Kane smiles, taking hold of her hand. Instead of being formal, he gives her a simple shake.
"That's a nice name," he tells her. "Sorry for getting you dragging into all of this."
Kane holds his mug close to his lips, having a distance look in his eye.
"I'd ask why you came here in the first place- other than to shove you face full of food, but that's your business, not mine. My sisters are the ones who value gossip, not me."
He let out a laugh. He suddenly frowned, looking at the bludge in his jacket pocket.
"I've been considering letting my brother be the prince...." Kane said suddenly, not caring how blunt he was. "I don't just keep a weapon on my person for my protection. Sorry if that's too much information...."

Taking her hand back she lets it lay in her lap, nodding to him in response to his compliment. "It's fine I guess...we'll both come out of this fine after tonight" She says quietly, drinking once more.

She glances to her side as he asks why she is there. "Well...I was running from the police if you have to know..." She says sighing. "And you'd stuff your face too if you hadn't eaten in 3 days..." She pouts silently to herself, looking down into her mug. Her eyes slide to the bulge he was referring to and then settles on your face, my pout sliding off my face. "You think things are bad now? Death is worse...Death is final" She states.

Kane chuckles to himself, not sure what to say.
"I feel like I should be the one telling you that," he chuckles. "Even so, I honestly just don't care anymore. I've thought about it a lot. Death just doesn't seem that bad."
His thoughts drift off, holding his mug of wine with two hands.
"I don't mean to be such a downer. I've been dealing with these feelings for quite some time now."
Kane's eyes seemed so unfocused, staring off into the night sky.
"Before you leave tonight I'll be sure that Ivan gives you some money I have set aside," he told her. "Consider it my thank you for using you to get out of a tight spot."

She scoffs a bit "Telling me? Death might come for me just because of what I am...you'll CHOSE you death..." She says bitterly, shaking her head. There's another silence after he finishes talking, and she sighs.

"I have a kid sister to feed..." She sighs, looking down at her hands and pulling out a small bit of food. "All this isn't for me...it's why I got in trouble with the cops..." She admits, not able to look back at him. "But even though some might say my life is the worst, and some times I feel it is...I would never chose death" she finishes.

Kane thought about her words.
"You sound like you're in a difficult position," Kane told her, pretending to ignore her comments on death. "Might as ask where you and your sister are living?"

She shrugged. "Wherever...we move around a lot...if people get a whiff that you're a hybrid round here it's best t leave before you end up getting killed or worse..." She sighs and looks away. "We squat in empty places a lot, but I always make sure she eats," she pats at her pockets. "This will be enough for a few days" She smiles gently at the thought.

Kane began to think to himself, slowly with an idea coming to mind. He sat there, wondering if it would even be possible.
"What would you say if I were to tell you that you could live here. After all, you are my 'bride to be.' Before you start panicking, my parents will most likely spend a few years just trying to plan the wedding itself. By then you'll be long gone. You could stay here for a while until you find a more suitable place. Living on the streets isn't a way to live. Besides, you wouldn't have to worry about going hungry or worry about where you'll be staying. You or your sister."

I sit back in surprise, my eyebrows shooting up and a look of disbelief on my face. "Are you serious? You do know that both me and my sister are hybrids right?" I say, looking at you as if you were mad. "Besides! Even if we did agree we would be found out in a matter of days! She's not exactly old enough to know to hide it..." I say looking away from you and back to my glass.

Kane smirks, thinking about how freaked out his father would be knowing he'd picked a hybrid.
"You yourself said that you weren't allowed to show your face. My family will respect that fact and give you complete space. Hell, I sometimes don't see my family for weeks on end; the castle isn't tiny. I'll have Ivan look after your needs, and give your sister a cowl to cover herself when she needs to be in public. You'd be much safer here than out there. Even if somehow my father did find out, he wouldn't dare do anything. Not if I had anything to say about it. You're completely safe."

She chuckles "I said I wasn't allowed to show my HAIR" She says, shaking her head a bit. "Why did I do that..." She mutters. After a moment she sighs heavily and turns back to look at him. "Will they have my sister here?" She questions, starting to think herself mad for even considering it.

Kane smiles, nodding his head.
"I'll be sure that she's given her own room," Kane tells her. "I'll make sure that nobody disturbs here, so she doesn't have to be stuck wearing a cloak all the time. Ivan will be the only servant to see her. For your, however...."
Kane sighs, feeling himself blush a little.
"I'll do what I can on getting you a room for yourself, however my parents will most likely assume something is up. For the time being.... well.... you may have to stay in my room. There's plenty of space, and I'll be sure to sneak some sort of bed in there so you... you know...
Kane coughed, feeling himself get awkward. He shook his head, trying to snap out of his weirdness.

She looks away, sticking her bottom lip out as she considers it. Moving in with a Prince...who would have thought this day would turn out like this? She turns slowly and nods. "Fine...how soon?" She says, not seeming to be bothered at the prospect of having to share a bed, only interested in getting her sister out of the hovel they were currently staying in.

Something crosses her mind. "Oh and...me and my sister...we um, well we don't have any clothes and..." She turns her face away, blushing in embarrassment. "We may need to clean up first..." She says quietly.

Kane chuckled, shaking his head.
"That isn't a problem at all. I'll send Ivan out tomorrow to get you some more 'fitting' attire. As for how soon, I'd say as soon as possible. After the party- that is. Ivan can drive you to pick her up."
Kane thought about how much Ivan would be working. He told himself to do something nice for him when he got the chance.

She listens intently nodding once. "I don't think Ivan should drive us to where we live...we'll come back with no car" She frowns and shakes her head. She looks away and back up to the sky, sighing a bit.

"And what about my 'family'" She motions with her hands in the air and cocks her head to the side to glance at him.

"Easy," Kane said with a smirk. "They life far away and are busy with their kingdom, letting their loving daughter go her own way. My parents are so self absorbed and will be too focused on planning the wedding they're not going to bother asking questions. As terrible as this sounds, I have a bride, and to them, that's all that matters."

She runs a hand over her face before looking at you with tired eyes. "Fine then, as long as this will work..." She mutters. "Make sure with the new clothes we are bought scarves for our heads, and some kind of unders that we can tuck our tails into...comfortably..." She says, shifting a bit and wincing at how she's sitting on her tail.

Back
Top Bottom