Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kane X Errett Private

It's the 21st Century and the world is much the same...that is except for the addition of hybrid animals. Animal's that are fused with humans, a type of half-breed that are looked down upon and highly discriminated against by most in the populace. The hybrid are the result of a long ago experiment gone wrong, an attempt to mix human and animal DNA, the experiments getting out into the wild and eventually becoming loose...only for most of them to be recalled and culled in a 'act of righteousness'. Some survived, some thrived and mated and bred, with both humans and animals a like, bringing forth this age's hybrids. Half human half animal, tending to look mostly human with animal characteristics, ranging from looks to behaviors.

This story takes places in Rivettniow, a city on earth that still rules under a Monarchy, a King and Queen still on the throne, their sons and daughters the air's to the throne. The eldest son, Prince of Rivettniow, has been looking for a suitor for some time now. Ball after ball had been held in his name, country after country had been invited, looking for the perfect spouse for their son, the King and Queen had scoured the land to find the right guests for said party. This night the largest of all, all of the last remaining candidates are in this hall, the grand castle that stood atop the hills, it's lights blaring and shunning all below it.

On this night also, there is a young renegade girl, flitting through the streets for her life away from the police. Her crime, stealing a lady's necklace. Her body moves quickly through the back alleyways and slim streets, her long fox tail helping her keep balance, and the fox ears upon her head helping her hear the twists and turns of the police behind her. She curses as she knocks over a trash can, drawing them closer to her, and tries to pick up speed. Seeing the bright lights emerge in front of her she smirks, seeing her opportunity, the bright castle of the future King of Rivettniow.

Being the eldest was Kane. A soft spoken male, being the age of 21. He spoke very little, and when he did it was always right to the point. Unlike his family, he dressed in regular attire- nothing gaudy or too much like his two sisters and younger brother. He was much more down to earth, wearing dark blue jeans and a long sleeved, black button up. He wore black combat boots, nearly always carrying some kind of weapon on his person. It worried his parents, though were still heavily in denial about not wanting to be king.

It was on that night, the night he was forced to throw a ball (once again), was when it all truly began.

"I'm not wearing this shit," Kane said somewhat disrespectfully, throwing the clothes on the floor. The servants that had brought it to him said very little, leaving the room as he sat down on his bed. He put his hand on his head, running it through his dark, brown hair. "I never signed up for this shit...."

There was a sudden knock at his door.

"Get you behind down to the party or so help me I will throw you down there!" He heard his father, the current king, yell.

"Fine!" Kane hollered. "But If we're gonna do this, it's going to be done, MY way!"

Once dressed to his father's standards and downstairs Kane could see the party was already in full swing. There were plenty of people, aristocrats and royalty from wall to wall, people dressed up in fancy frocks and long gowns as far as the eye could see. There was a faint buzz of police sirens over the loud music being played for people to chat and dance to, which dulled in mere seconds. As far as the eye could see were extravagant buffets and fountains of drink, one for wine, one for chocolate and one even just for water. The outside areas were filled to the brim, Kane's parents having invited as many people as possible to this event in the hopes he would find SOMEONE of his suiting. Several young women spotted him as he came out of the doors and fluttered their eyelashes at him, attempting to get his attention, some even daring to approach and try to say hello.

"Why the fuck am I wearing this shit...." Kane mumbled to himself, wearing possibly the darkest thing he could get away with. Being a little out of the ordinary, he wore a black suit with a white tie, not looking anything like anyone assumed he would. He casually reached up, patting himself on the torso, as if to dust something off of him. In reality, he was checking to make sure his gun was still in place. As mentioned before, he never went anywhere not armed with SOMETHING. How he managed to sneak the 9 millimeter into his jacket without his father knowing was a feat of it's own.

Kane passed the flock of woman that approached him. He did his best to stay polite, kindly excusing himself as he passed through them. Hands were kissed and kind words were said, nearly making one of the women faint. Kane did his best to evade the crowd. He passed a few fountains and food tables, doing his best to blend in and go unnoticed. It was harder than he had wished, with there nearly always being someone that wanted to speak with him.

He suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder.

"You look like you're having fun," he heard the voice sarcastically address him. Kane turned, smiling for the first time that night. Standing in a regular butler uniform, it was one of his closest servants and friends. He was an older gentleman, being in his mid forties. His hair was thinning, though always smiled as if he hadn't a care in the world. He looked at Kane's jacket, noticing the slight indentation. "You realize there's more security here than the rest of the kingdom, don't you?"

Kane sighed, shrugging his shoulders.

"You know how I am," Kane told him. He looked over at some of the men that had arrived, clearly staring at him and speaking in hushed tones. "If I keep seeing these bastards talking about me I might just have to use it."

His servant laughed, shaking his head.

"With all due respect, sir," he said, "do you honestly believe that's the wisest idea?"

Kane growled something under his breath.

"No.... I know you're right, Ivan, but I'm just so SICK of all this.... this.... crap."

Kane looked at the party, seeing the people droning on with what they were doing.

"Nothing ever interesting happens at these things either," Kane promptly added.

The party was well underway when the young girl saw fit to slip in. Pulling her dark hoodie up and over her head to hide her ears and tucking her tail into her jeans, she scaled the wall easily, her small claws making easy work of the bricks. A quick survey of the ground below gave her enough time t drop into the bushes below without detection, and after a few minutes she moved out of them and tried to blend in with the crowds.

She stuffed her small hands into the pockets of her hoodie, the smell of food making her stomach growl as she made her way over to the buffet. She took a small bite at first, trying to be discrete, but at tasting the food she knew she couldn't wait for more and grabbed a handful stuffing them into her pocket. A young girl in a frilly frock was staring at her as she turned, and she stuck her tongue out rudely at her, making the girl gasp and run off to find her parents. A disgusted snarl came to settle on her face as she looked round at the party, the people reveling and loving the attention given.

She spotted the wine fountain and turned away from it, looking for her exit from this place. Another glance around at the happy, stuffed faces made her snarl again under her breath and she whipped round to face the wine fountain. 'Why should they have all the fun?' She thought to herself bitterly and started towards it, grabbing up the biggest glass she could find along the way.

"Maybe I should get drunk to the point of blacking out so I don't remember this terrible night," Kane huffed, walking away from his servant. He made his way through the crowd, finally making it to the wine fountain. He reached over for a glass, glancing at the young girl wearing a hoodie. Kane paused, soon smiling.

"Nice to see not everyone is dressed like a moron," Kane commented out out. He grabbed a glass, being practically the size of a pint sized stein, filling it with wine.

The girl lifts her head at the young mans comments, looking up at him with piercing purple eyes, a stern look on her face. She holds her own glass under the fountain, a glass not much small than his, and not even half full takes it away and downs what is in it, before filling it up again. She hums at him in response, looking away and pulling her hoodie up a bit more over her head.

Seeing the purple eyes made Kane surprised. Was she a hybrid?.... Kane acted casual, not having any problem with the fact. It was more of a concern for her safety. Casually raising the mug to his lips, he glanced over at her.

"I'm not sure if i should ask how you got in here or not," Kane said quietly. "I'd doubt my mother and father would invite a hybrid to one of these stupid things. By the look on your face I'm going to assume you're just here for the food."

Kane chuckled, more amused than anything.

"Just try to keep a low profile," he told her. "I personally have nothing against your kind, but I'm not sure everyone else here could say the same."

The girl listened as he spoke, her face turned from him as she drank her own wine and looked over the party, but she cursed herself silently for being caught. Her eyes slide finally to the side to look at him, as she took in his appearance a bit more, not like the other flashy outfits everyone else was wearing. Her eyes slid down his body, catching on the small and almost un-noticeable lump in his vest pocket. A small smile flashed on her face and she moved to walk past him, leaning in just a moment as she did.

"Didn't know uppers needed stock like that...or am I not the only one who needs to watch their back?" She says, the smirk still playing at the corner of her lips as she moves on and back towards the buffet table.

Kane raised his eyebrow, having a grin appear once again on his face.

"You've got one hell of an eye," he told her, following close beside her. "You never know when things might go south, even for an 'upper' like myself."

Kane shamelessly stared at her backside, seeing that she'd hid her tail in her jeans.

"I sure hope that's not all tail," Kane chortled. "Even if it was, i guess it could be worse."

Kane looked around the room, hoping to god he didn't say that loudly.

"If my father knew I had a thing for hybrids he'd probably castrate me...." Kane added under his breath.

Not saying anymore she glanced back at the guy before moving on, a small smile still on her face when she returned there to stuff her face. Putting a bit more food in her pockets she wondered how much she could get away with, without being noticed and without weighing her down too much. She chewed her food in thought, sipping at her wine as she looked over the lavish display.

Kane watched this display of feasting, seeing how much food she was hording away. It was almost like he was watching a squirrel prepare for winter. He smirked, wondering just how much food she could possibly put away in her hoodie alone.

"You wouldn't be in a rush, would you?" Kane questioned. "By the looks of it you're not here to stay for very long. Pardon me for being so blunt, but I'd rather shoot myself in the face than be at this damn thing without company. You feel like sticking around?"

She feels him come up beside her and doesn't stop trying to stuff food in her pockets as he talks to her, though she look up and scowls a bit.

"As Much as I'd love to be your entertainment for the night, I have places to be..." She says stubbornly, looking away and cramming a mouthful of food in her mouth again. His eyes on her make her feel nervous, and she can feel her tail shifting inside her jeans. She hopes no one can see the movement through her jeans, glancing around once just to make sure, before going back to her task and taking another large drink of wine.

Kane swallowed, feeling a little disappointed.

"I.... I see." Kane looked down at the floor, still holding his wine. "I'll leave you to your task at hand."

Kane turned, feeling somewhat of a sinking feeling in his stomach.

"What a night...." he sighed to himself, taking a large drink afterward.

She watched him go from the corner of her eye, feeling the waves of disappointment coming from him but shrugging it off easily, sighing a bit and turning back to her task. The music suddenly dulled behind her and a loud and booming voice came over a microphone, speakers strategcally placed all over the party making it so you couldn't NOT hear it.

"Welcome! Welcome all, to the 54th annual suitor party..." The voice started, and she turned her head a slight bit to try and see where it was coming from, stuffing some kind of meat ball into her face and chewing.

"As you all know, this party was organised and put together for the purpose of finding a ripe new spouse for our beloved son, the heir to the throne of Rivettniow!" The voice announced, and there was a cheer and much clapping going all round. Keeping her head low and moving to the sides of the crowd now watching a large stage she hadn't seen before.

The figure on the stage, wearing a heavy looking gold crown, glanced around at the audience as if looking for something, and the girl's mind finally realized just how BIG a party she was gatecrashing. She swallowed thickly and glanced around for an exit, but by now the area was crowded with people and there would be no way to leave without drawing attention to herself.

"My son Kane...Please come up to the front for us" He said, waving at the boy he had finally found buried in the crowd.

"Shit...." Kane muttered. He forced a fake smile, making his way up to the front.
His father put his arm around his son, with Kane wishing he'd just disappear. Kane turned his, whispering to his father.
"Must we do this?...." he sighed. His father shot him a nasty look. Kane sighed, looking back to the crowd with a force smile.
"I would personally like to thank all of you for coming," Kane said to everyone, with his voice traveling throughout the crowd. "It is wonderful to see such lovely faces in the crowd. I'd also like to thank my father and mother for making this all possible. So please, enjoy yourselves!"
There was a wave of applause, with Kane pulling away from his father, once again trying to escape.

The girl blinked in surprise, seeing the guy from before being dragged up onto the stage, chuckling under her breath at his obvious discomfort. 'A royal huh? Guess he might need that piece a bit more than I thought...' She thinks to herself, leaning against a post and watching from afar.

His father puts on his own best forced smile and pulls his son back in and under his arm. "Now now Kane...this is a special event...." He announces to everyone, ducking his head a bit to just speak to Kane. "You HAVE to pick a bride this time, this is the last party we can hold" He says angrily. As he pulls away his bright smile comes back over his face, though he holds his son by the should hard and harshly, almost painfully, so he will not move.

"And now, if the suitors can be bought forwards to the front and in a line!" The king says cheerily, the crowd moving and starting to bustle. Most girls get into place on their own, a few guys putting themselves forwards as well. Some families force their own children into the line, but it mostly ends up with a wild grab for any female in arms length to be pushed forwards. Before she knows what is happening, the girl is being grabbed and shoved forwards with the rest, compacted away near the end of the line and unable to move from it without making a scene of herself. She curses loud enough for the girls around her to look down and frown in distaste.

"Damn it all!" Kane thought to himself, doing his best to keep a straight face. This wasn't what he wanted. Forced to walk past all of the women, Kane slowly made his way down the line, hands held behind his back. He began to wonder if he should make a run for it. It would have been a hell of a lot easier than picking someone. As he made his way down the line, he saw HER.
An idea popped into his head, soon with a smile appearing.
He simply had to pick someone. That didn't mean they couldn't back out later.
He turned to the crowd, soon with everyone growing silent.
"I would like to thank all of you for coming," he said. "To be honest, it is a very difficult choice to chose from so many beautiful woman. If I could, I would chose them all! However, there is one particular woman who I've had the most chemistry with this evening. He suddenly turned, staring the woman wearing the hoodie right in the eye. He moved closer, moving close to her ear.
"Play along and we'll BOTH get out of this mess," he whispered.
Kane turned, placing his hand on hers.
"I chose her," he said, followed by a dead silence. Nobody knew what to say. A sudden commotion overcame the crowd, with Kane still thinking on his feet.
"I understand you might all be surprised," he announced. "Yes, she is certainly not the best dressed, nor the-" Kane looked at how dirty her clothes were. "-cleanest.... but what is PURE is her heart, her soul, and every fiber of her being. I would ask no one other than her to be my bride to be."
Kane couldn't believe how much bullshit he was throwing out there, and the people actually bought it.

A small huff came out of her mouth as she waiting for all this to be over, her eyes darting around and looking for the smallest of exits to use. As Kane came close she lifted her head a bit, seeing him walking over to her meaningfully, she suddenly got a very bad feeling.

At his declaration she scowled up at him, her expression changing to one of mock delight, making sure to close her eyes as if she couldn't believe it and subtly kicking Kane in the shin. "If you get me locked up you'll need more than that gun..." She mutters under her breath, letting herself be taken by the hand.

The King frowns and looks down at them, then back to the crowd of beautifully dressed girls all around. He looks back to his wife, who just smiles and shrugs her shoulders, and he turns and steps down to greet them. "Ah wonderful, would this young lady's family please step forwards..." He asks. When no one moves, she opens her eyes and thinks quickly on her feet.

"Apologies your highness but my family were not able to make your wonderful party..." She starts, taking a small step back and bowing a bit. "However at the news of this joyous arrangement I'm sure they'll be over the moon and will come and meet you at their earliest convenience" She bows again, keeping her head low so as not to show off her eyes too much, her hand still in Kane's. She almost gags as the words leave her mouth, physically leaving a bad taste on her tongue.

Kane was actually pretty impressed. How she managed to think on her feet so fast was incredibly. Still holding her hand, he looked at the rest of the crowd.
"Please," Kane announced with the most forced smile he could muster. "Enjoy the party!"
The music once again began to play, taking a while for people to get back into the partying mood. The women felt cheated, cursing under their breath at the woman Kane had chosen. His mother and father- the King and Queen- made their way over to Kane and his 'bride to be.'
Kane took a deep breath, unintentionally squeezing the woman's hand.

She kept her head even lower now, desperate for them not to see her face. The squeeze on her hand took her by surprise and she flinched, unintentionally squeezing back. The king claps his hands happily and they both smile at Kane and the girl.

"Well...that seemed to be surprisingly easy considering..." The King said with a small confused frown on his face as he reached Kane. "Ah no offence my dear...I just mean this one has been too stubborn to chose a bride for years" He says with a chuckle, clapping a hand on Kane's shoulder.

She manages out a small laugh and nods "I am honored..." She says softly.

Kane looked at his father, still forcing a fake smile.
"I suppose beauty could only hide from me for so long," Kane remarked. He saw how uncomfortable she was getting, not mention how tight he was squeezing her hand. He swallowed hard, looking his parents.
"If you'll excuse us," Kane said to them, "my bride to be and I have much to discuss."
His father grinned, finally feeling that his goal was accomplished. There were no words that could describe how happy he was.
"Enjoy your party, my son," he said with a laugh. Kane watched as his parents walked away, with Kane letting out a large sigh. He let go of her hand, feeling his mind racing. Despite that fact, he did his best to remain collected and calm.
"I would suggest getting out of here when nobody's looking," Kane told her. "However, from all of the looks we're getting I'm not sure that's possible. You might have to stick this out a bit. At least until the middle of the night. I'll figure something out."

The King chuckled "And hiding she is..." He says, reaching in for the hood. The girl panics and takes a hasty step backwards, taking the King by surprise. "I...I'm sorry you highness...where I come from the hair is to be covered to all until marriage..." She stutters, her cheeks heavily flushes, her hand starting to shake a bit. The King stands in silence for a moment before a smile comes across his face and he lets out a breath. "Oh, of course. How rude of me, I didn't consider other kingdoms differences...please forgive me" He says with a small dip of his head. She nods quickly, her hood still low over her face.

As Kane's parents left, she let out a long and heavy sigh, lifting her head just a bit to look at you, an annoyed look crossing her face. "You're going to get me killed!" She spits at him, pulling her hand away from his quickly but not enough to draw attention to them.

Kane turned to her, giving an equally annoyed look.
"I don't like this any more than you do!" he told her frustrated, doing his best to stay hushed. "But I didn't have a choice. It was either pick you and get out of this mess or pick some random whore who wants my family's wealth."
He let out a sigh, heading over to the wine fountain once again. "Let's just make the best of this for the time being. I'll make arrangements for you to leave during the night. I have someone who's good at tending to my needs."
He looked over to Ivan, giving him a nod- being his own way to get him to draw near.

Back
Top Bottom