Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

DELETE

McKready's was a steady job. It didn't really give her much in terms of pay, but it allowed her to blend in among the locals and seem to merge with the town. Bar-wench by day, wolf by night. Sarence made a good life here. Just another day on the job, men ordering drinks and beds. There were only a few bar-wenches like she, and they had over 20 tables to serve usually occupied by the filthiest and most unkempt men. But this was how she choose to live her life as a human. If she wanted to be one, she needed to act like one. One glass here, another there, pouring the whiskey from barrels and serving up their house specialty called the Kready Dipper. This was the best house ale one could order in the miles of country side of town. Travelers came from sea and horseback seldom just to taste a small swig of Keady's famed drink.

"Oi, Bar-wench." Piped up a man with beady eyes and a sharp nose. His tone was just as sharp. "Bring me th'special an' snap to it, or I won't be paying ye." He drawled in a rough irish accent.
Sarence wiped sweat from her brow with the back of her wrist and her eyes rolled as she pulled out some Kready ale and poured it over some whiskey cubes, sliding it down to the man. The whiskey offset the bitterness of the Kready, making it perfection to the pallet. The man swigged it down in a couple gulps and eyed Sarence. "Oi, lass, yer lookin fine as gold, git on over here give us a wee dance." The man demanded drunkenly.

Sarence drew in a deep breathe through crimson, pursed lips. "Sir... with all due respect..." She spoke in a very soft tone, only a slight British accent could be picked up. "I don't lie with pigs." She turned and strolled off to get drinks for other guests. The conversation no doubt could be heard by her other customers, one man in particular seemed to pick up on it. She walked up to the mans table with her feather pen in hand with a peice of parchment. "Wha' will you be 'aving sir?" She asked softly. Her dark brown, almost black, shoulder length hair curled softly around her ears, her eyes a deep emerald but with enough shine left to show the life she had lived thus far. Her smile, though weary, was sincere and attentive. She didn't necessarily love her job but it wasn't something she despised either. The few customers who were rude or disgusting got treated well enough correctly that it suited her.

A whole pig was roasting on the coals in the fireplace, ale barrels scattered to and fro along the walls. The tables were hand carved, seating about 4 people 6 maximum along it's breadth. The whole place was lighted by a single torch-chandeleir above their heads. Created from elk horns and woven together with straw by Sarences own hands. She had been working here since she was 16 and it was pretty much home for her. The owner, Mr. Kready said he had rescued her from a fire - she didn't remember much about those days. She did remember that she was eight years old. She faded out of awareness until a voice said. "Did you get that?" She glanced over at the men that she was serving. "My 'pollogies sirs. I seem to have lost my thoughts, might'nt you repeat your order please?" She was ready this time to write it down properly.

RE: Things aren't always as they seem - Me and Conner

Alexander sat at a table alone, his hood thrown back from his head. His travelers garb was all black, save a red sash around his waist, black boots upon his feet. His pale green eyes watched as the young woman walked over to him, his medium length brown hair pulled back into a short ponytail. He had a small dagger out, whittling a piece of wood into a wolf. Propped next to him was his signature longbow and a quiver of arrows, along with a canvas sack of clothes.

He smirked slightly as her words to the drunken man floated over to him, making him snicker softly. "Very nice, lass." He murmured, a strong Irish accent present in his voice. He sat up in his chair and set down his dagger, clearing his throat. "I'll just have a tankard of ale, lass." He looked up at her, noticing that her mind was elsewhere at the moment.

"Did you get that?" He asked, smiling softly. He scratched his chin and repeated his order. "I'll just have a tankard of ale and a steak. That'll be it. And a bed for a few nights." He place a small bag of coins into her hand, plus a few extra as a tip. "Thank you, lass."

She was a little embarrassed that she had spaced out, but she quickly got over it looking into his green eyes. "O' Course." She said softly. "I guess not all of you lot are as rude as that man, oi?" She said, referring to the man from the other corner. "Yes'Sir." She responded, taking the money from him. "Right away." She said. She recognized his garb and realized that he was a hunter, daggers, and the cloak he wore, even the hood and several other features. He wanted a bed for a few nights, she picked up on this and worry sprang into her, a perched cat on a high tree for the rest of the night. She brought out his order, steak and ale. "Your room is upstairs to the right 3 spaces. 103." She said. "I do hope it is of the best quality for yeh." She said. "A fine man as yourself deserves the best." She nodded and turned to take other orders.

He chuckled softly and nodded in the other man's direction. "Does he give ye much trouble, lass?" He asked, leaning back in his chair as he crossed his arms over his chest. "If he does, I'd be glad to remove him from yer establishment." He smiled and watched as she walked off into the kitchen. He pulled out a small roll of parchment and looked over the writing slowly, awaiting his meal.

According to the letter, a small coven a vampires had been spotted just East of the small village. He had been sent to take care of the issue. He replaced the small roll back into his sleeve and looked up as the woman came back with his meal. "Thank ye, lass." He nodded his thanks and slid his dagger into his belt, leaning forward.

Just as she was about to walk off, his cleared his throat. "Excuse me, lass. What is your name?" He inquired, his eyes locked on her. "My name is Alexander Hunt."

"Ai...A tad." She said, nodding her head. "I'm quite used to it..." At his offer she smiled. "Doing that however would lose us the profits his lard-self brings." She said, a soft giggle hidden in her voice. She came back with his meal and placed it in front of him. "There you go." She said. "I hope it's as you like it." She was about to leave when he asked her name. Turning back towards him she bowed her head slightly. "Pleasure Mr. Hunt." She said. "The name I go by is Sarence." She said. "Sarence Masa." His eyes were locked on her and they felt prying but at the same time she quite enjoyed the deep pools of green, meeting with her own emerald deep green eyes. "A fine name." She said, complimenting it courteously.

He shrugged and smiled softly, his eyes closing as he laughed. "Ah, it's a shame. I'd like to teach him a thing or two about respect." He winked at her before taking a bite of his food. He sighed softly with content as he nodded, licking his lips. "Aye, lass. It's perfect!" He took another bite of his steak and tilted his head as the young woman told him her name. "Sarence, eh? A lovely name for a lovely lass if I do say so myself!" He bowed his head to her. "And the pleasure is all mine. And please, let me know if that round lump at the bar gives ye any trouble." He smiled at her, his pale green eyes studying her carefully.

A blush spread over her cheeks and she had to remind herself a couple of times that the man was a hunter and she could put herself in great danger associating with him. She swallowed and nodded. "Of course, I'll let you know." She turned and walked off to serve other tables, his table was still on her mind though, as she did refill his ale once and got him some more bread to go with his steak she also brought him out a slice of apple pie on the house, simply because she enjoyed his demenor. "Can I get you anything else Mr. Hunt?" She asked tentatively.

He grinned faintly at her blush and watched her walk off, serving the other tables that surrounded him. To his surprise, she returned to his table on multiple occasions, refilling his tankard of ale and bringing him more chunks of bread while he ate, along with a piece of apple pie. "Thank you, Sarence. This was a bit unexpected." He took a bite of the pie and leaned his head back, savoring the sweet taste that filled his mouth. "All I need is a beautiful smile from you, lass." He bowed his head. "This was a wonderful meal, and I thank you for your company this evening."

He stood up and took her hand in his, kissing the top of it softly. "It was a pleasure to meet you. And again, if HE bothers you or you just need some company, you know what room I'm in." He winked at her again and gathered up his belongings before walking up the stairs to his room.

She blushed deeper when he complimented her. She seemed to forget all about the fact that he was a hunter. She bit her lip slightly. "Of course." She nodded, watching him walk upstairs. He wasn't gone for 5 minutes before the fat man yelled at her for not serving him anything else for 5 minutes. She sighed.
"Git your ass over 'ere and git me the food I ordered you manky whore."
Sarence looked over at him and walked off to get his food. She spat on it and brought it out to him. "Enjoy." She said, really not that happy about this man. The man looked at it and threw it on the floor. "It's cooked wrong."
"Fuck you." Sarence said, starting to walk off.
The man grabbed her wrist and yanked her down to him, twining his fat fingers in her dark hair. "What the fuck did you say to me you wee bitch?"
She glared at him and pried his hand off of her. He grabbed at her blouse and ripped it and she shrieked holding her blouse up as her hand collided with the side of his face. This made the man fist his hand and collide his fist with the side of her head. She stumbled back temporarily stunned.

The people in the tavern didn't want to get involved but a Co-worker helped her upstairs and charged the man, who didn't pay the charge of course. She went to her own room for a moment and then took into consideration the offer that the man had made her. Ripped shirt and messy hair, she walked to his room and knocked gently, holding the ripped fabric to her neck. A bruise was forming on her face from the punch the man had subjected her to.

Alexander was sitting on his bed, running a whet stone along the length of his Kukri blade when he heard the knock upon his door. He smiled and rolled off his bedding, walking to the door. "Sarence, I was wondering if you'd- What happened!?" He stared at her face with shock, seeing the bruise on the side of her face. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and led her over to his bed, sitting her down. "Lass, what happened? How did you get hurt like this?" He asked her, quickly moving to his pack. He pulled out some herbs and set to work on making a special paste for the bruise on her face, awaiting the explanation.

"That tub of lard." She said, letting him treat her wounds. She could easily take care of the guy herself, she was strong enough, but that would give away her non-human existence. Better to let a hunter take care of it. That word crept back into her mind. Hunter. He was a hunter. "Thanks... Can you just help get rid of him and make him pay for damages please?" She asked. He was so gentle for a hunter, most of them were murders, this man... he was different it seemed. Or maybe he was just like that because she was "human."

He nodded and finished applying the paste to her cheek. "You stay here. I'll be right back." He grabbed his curved Kukri blade and walked downstairs, his eyes filled with anger and rage. He went straight to the bar and pointed his blade at the man. "Oi! You, fat fuck! I've got some issues that I've got to address with you!" He made his way toward him, his hand gripping the hilt of the blade tightly as he got in his face. "One, you WILL pay for any and all damages you have caused to this establishment! Two, you WILL pay for your ale and food that you consumed! And three..." He growled, his eyes gleaming with a dark, murderous light. "You will NEVER strike Sarence or any other woman in this tavern or village again." He placed the point of the foreign blade against the man's throat. "Do I make myself clear?" He snarled, showing the true anger and rage of a Hunter.

Sarence could hear every word, her sensitive hearing allowing her to pick up everything - including the shit in the mans pants after having his life threatened. She really wished she couldn't smell that but at least the man was fearful. The fat man was shocked that another Irishman was threatening him and he paid and quickly left. Sarence waited in his room for some reason, against her best judgement. She knew if she stuck around by this man she would be found out, but something about him made her want to stay... at least for a little while.

He waited until the man was gone from the tavern before turning on his heel and walking back upstairs to his room, breathing out slowly. He pushed the door open and placed his weapon on the small table. "Well, he paid for all damages and left. I doubt you'll have anymore trouble from him, lass." He looked over at her and sat down next to her, gently placing his hand on her cheek as he looked at the bruise. "How does your cheek feel?" He asked softly, his eyes looking deeply into hers.

She licked her lip slightly when he touched her cheek. She had never been close to a man like this, fear of being discovered usually made her weary. There was something about this man though, she didn't know if it was the accent, or his body language, or what, but she just couldn't keep her witts about her. "It's not hurting anymore... thank you." She said, making up something human to say at that moment. Truth be told she didn't even feel anything with it, and hadn't. It had just stunned her for a moment and made her dizzy for a split second. She looked back into his eyes and her eyes glanced at his lips for just a moment, probably not the best move. She wasn't trying to bed with a hunter, but that is sure as hell what it seemed like. She was walking on deaths door, in fact, she was knocking on it.

He gently caressed her cheek, his hands holding her face softly as he looked down at her lips. "I'm glad that your cheek doesn't hurt anymore... Sarence." He whispered softly, his thumb running along her bottom lip. "Would you like to stay here a bit longer, lass?" He swallowed hard and, without warning and unable to help himself, leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers, kissing her softly, holding her face gently in his hands.

Before she was able to answer the man had kissed her, sure she liked it but it also scared the shit out of her too. She was kissing a hunter. She couldn't help but feel like she should pull back but she didn't want to. She let him kiss her and even leaned into it a little bit. She could taste the mint from the steak on his lips. Her instincts told her to run, that if she got involved with this it would be the end of her, but she didn't seem to care. He was gentle, and handsome. Maybe, just maybe she could make it work.

He kept the kiss going for a few moment longer before slowly breaking the kiss, his eyes locking with hers. He licked his lips and kept his hand on her cheek, pressing his forehead against hers lightly. "I'm sorry if that was a bit forward of me, lass." He breathed, running his fingers through her hair. He kissed her softly once more, laying her back slowly on his bed.

She panted softly when he pulled back but missed his kiss for a moment. She didn't have long to miss it though, as he pressed his lips to hers again and pushed her back on his bed. Her heart raced as things went through her head in waves. She wanted him, she knew that fucking him really wouldn't do anything as she couldn't have pups with a human, at least she didn't think so. And she also knew that it wouldn't bring out her 'animal' side, so she would still be safe, but what would it be like after? What would she feel like after it was all done...?

He moved his free hand down her arm, lacing his fingers with hers as he slowly began to deepen the kiss. He moved his other hand down her body, his hand stopping at her soft stomach. His fingertips drew small, lazy circles on her skin as he smiled down at her, the hand holding hers rubbing her thumb. "Are you okay, lass?" He asked in a husky tone, swallowing hard. He had never moved this fast before, but something about her, it was intoxicating. And he loved it.

She panted hard as his hand started moving on her body. His touches shot shivers into her and made her hair stand on end and her chest was fixing to burst from the rapid beating of her heart. She could feel her body start to prepare for what was about to happen with him. "I'm... fine..." She said, nodding. She started to become a little more brave and her hand moved up to his chest pulling at the fabric gently. She was half in and half out, about ready to stop it but she wanted to keep going. She hoped he didn't somehow figure out how to push her into staying. She did have something about being bitten on the neck, something that she inherited from her species mating practices.

He lifted his body and pulled his tunic up and off his body, revealing a bare chest with countless scars and burns. He slowly pushed her blouse up her body, placing soft, gentle kisses on her stomach, belly button, and up to her breasts. He moved his lips to her ear long enough to whisper, "Good", before kissing along her jaw and neck. His fingertips moved to her breasts, caressing and massaging them as he nibbled on her earlobe. "Do you like what you see?"

Soon her hand was against bare skin, revealing quite a body for a man. She found her fingers trailing over scars absentmindedly as her eyes remained focused on the ceiling until her eyes closed and she moaned softly. His lips were at her belly and breasts, moving their way up till he was kissing her neck. Shivers ran down her back and she arched into him slightly. His fingers moved towards her breasts causing her to moan again. He asked a question that she barely registered and she breathed out a soft. "Very..." As he nibbled at her ear lobe. Every fiber in her body hoped that he wouldn't trail back to her neck to bite her, she knew what that would mean. She shouldn't even be here with him, but her body wanted what he was seemingly more than willing to give.

He smiled as he heard her faintly breathe out her answer. His hands continued to massage her breasts, his thumb and forefinger on his hand lightly pinching her nipples. His lips brushed against her jawline, planting soft, gentle kisses along her skin, his body shivering as he felt her hands and fingertips tracing his scars. Slowly, teasingly, he moved his lips to her neck, his hot breath caressing her flesh. His lips pressed against her neck, his teeth gently nipping at her skin as he moved a hand down to her leg, pulling the skirt she wore up slowly.

She would have continued with this, if it wasn't for THAT. Slowly the old man climbed the stairs and knocked on her room, not finding her he went to the only other occupied room in the inn. "Sarence, you have tables to wait. You're not done."

Sarence moaned as his teeth bit the flesh of the side of her neck, she would have loved to keep going with this with him but she wouldn't be able to. "Sorry..." She said, pushing him off her and moving to get dressed. "Yes father..." She said, getting her clothing on and walking to the door. "I was merely making sure my rescuer was accommodated for his troubles." She said. "I will be down shortly." She strode off to her room to fix the top and change into something else then made her way back down into the bar. The rest of the night was without problem, she couldn't get the mans bite out of her mind.

Back
Top Bottom