Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Plotbunnies have been known to carry rabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingphoenix

Planetoid
Hello, citizens. I'm hoping someone will be good enough to scratch my itch; ideas tend to hit me like magnificent 2x4s out of nowhere, and now I can't be happy until I play it out. The horror...the horror. (With apologies to Joseph Conrad.)

Expectations about how to behave:
- Be literate (in the sense that means "understand the mechanics of the English language and use them correctly"). I'd rather get one well-written paragraph than two pages of flowery, meaningless glurge. Also, everybody makes a typo or two and I'm not going to be upset about that, but if I need a decoder ring to figure out what you're saying, we're not well-suited to each other.
- Communicate; if you're not enjoying yourself and would rather move on, or if you're not comfortable with something we're doing, or if you have an idea you want to work in, then tell me and let's talk about it. I'm not a total dictator.
- Be at least 18. Kind of a no-brainer here, but there it is.
- It's nice if we become friendly, but I'm not going to be buttmad if you only want to use me for RP. Also, I'm not here to look for love, so I don't really care what your RL gender is.
- Third person, please! I'm not picky about tense, but please try not to be one of those people who overfondles the word "would" in circumstances where it's not warranted.
- I am fine with playing more than one character. You do not have to be.

Medium: IM preferred, PMs and e-mail OK too. I'd rather not play on forums.

Now, on to the ideas.

1.) My character, the prince, is remarrying after having been widowed for many years. His only heir was his nephew, who has died in the past year, and he now needs to secure the line of succession. His personality is somewhat brusque and impatient, but he isn't inherently cruel or abusive - more thoughtless and insensitive than anything. He also has a reputation as a difficult neighbor (there is a long-running border dispute in which he is one of the principals) and a saber-rattler.

Your character, the new princess, has just arrived in her new home, not sure what to expect. Her new husband is younger than she was led to believe and better-looking than his portrait, which is a plus. But marriage is not a simple affair, and marriage for reasons of state is even less so. There are numerous complications.

- The prince was deeply in love with his first wife, who died young. In his memory, she has become The Paragon Of Womanhood to whom no other woman could ever begin to compare.
- In the years since the death of his first wife, he has had several brief liaisons that didn't mean anything. He has also had one consistent mistress; his relationship with her dates back to their childhood, and aside from the sex, she is probably his best friend. He has every intention of continuing the relationship (this was, after all, acceptable for the time period), and no intention of mentioning it openly to his new wife.
- The new princess is the interloper. Everyone at court already knows and likes the mistress, who is careful to be decorous in public -- if you didn't know about her relationship with the prince, you would never suspect their involvement. The prince's mistress has considered the new princess' feelings, and is planning to take an extended leave of absence from court to encourage the prince to focus on his new wife. She has always known that they can never marry; she's a commoner who made good, and she is neither surprised nor upset by his nuptials. Nor is she jealous. (The new princess, on the other hand...)
- The prince and his mistress have odd dynamics; they will occasionally quarrel and not speak to each other for several days until someone caves, and the mistress' pet names for him are outright insults. Needless to say, this may strike the new princess as strange, and potentially frightening if she is afraid of confrontation.

I'm not looking for XXXTREME DEPRAVITY AND KINK here - not that I have issues with that, but it's not what I'm trying to do with this particular story. Some light BDSM is fine. I'd like for there to ultimately be a ménage a trois (m/f/f) in this one, depending on how we play it out, so ideally you'll be OK with that.

2.) Not too plot-heavy, this one - just a light, goofy story about a bratty young man and the older woman who lovingly coaxes him into better behavior in public, and her perfect pet in private. This one is more kink-friendly.

I have several ideas for where these can go, and hopefully you do too, but I think that's a good starting point for now.

Respond: Please do, if you're interested! PMs or here, whichever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom