Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Eternity

KaitouKid5790

Planetoid
Only the very first part of what I intend to make a much longer story, Looking for feed back on it, please PM me if you have some suggestions or just really like the story so far.

Eternity
Chapter 1
Alanna Repski

Lilly slammed the door of the warehouse behind her. Her gaze flickered from point A to point B then to C and back. Boxes! Panting she pushed the weighty boxes of computer towers in front of the door. Windows! Where were the windows? Any entrance must be covered. Locked and sealed. He was coming for her, just as he had promised when they made their deal so long ago. She had thought to escape her end of the bargain. How stupid of her. Now he was here and he would not leave. Not with out her.

She screamed. There was a pounding on the door. Pale as death, pale as the creature that chased her she backed from the door. He could not get past those boxes. He couldn’t! They were her last hope. Her only salvation. They shuddered and trembled. Thud. Thud. THUD. The door was rammed harder she heard the metal buckle, screaming in protest, then another scream as the door was ripped from its hinges. Boxes flew, swept aside like they were nothing. Lilly trembled and pressed against the wall like she wanted it to open up and swallow her, to save her. He walked at a measured and patient pace towards her, a creature with all the time in the world.

“Lilly, Lilly, Lilly,” the soft purr of a panther caressed her ears, “we had a deal dear one. You can’t run from me.” She shivered as he tipped her chin on the tip of one finger her summer green eyes widening as they gazed into his winter blue ones. “Wherever you go I will always find you.”
“Please…” She begged softly, flinching she shivered as his arm wrapped around her waist. “Please let me go…”

“Come now, I am not so bad.” he chuckled, as his other hand stroked her long ebony tresses, “and you did promise that if I helped you get what you wanted…” he leaned in so that she could feel his breath on her face, “you promised you would be my queen... forever.”

The stinging smell of frigid air and cool mint swamped the young woman with dizzying effect. Soft velvet lips pressed against hers. Lilly gasped, trembling worse than before; her face flushed as his lips intoxicated her. “Eiran,” she murmured, “please…”

“You must be tired… you have run so far my love. Truly you have put up a good fight these last few weeks.” He gazed deep into her eyes, she began to feel dizzy, light headed, “you should relax and rest.”

“No,” she murmured trying to pull away but already she was feeling weak her eyes growing hazy like someone had drawn a veil of gauze over them, “I-I’m not tired…”

“Hush now Lilly, I will take care of you. There is no need for fear.” his voice was a comforting purr in her mind, she just wanted to gaze into his eyes… sleep… sleep sounded good right now, “that’s it sleep, rest your eyes, your mind, your body. Just sleep.”

He gazed down at the now sleeping girl curled against him like a kitten. He cradled his precious Queen to be in his arms, “Lilly you always make it so difficult.” She groaned in her sleep and nuzzled against his chest, lost to the world around her in blissful sleep. Gazing down at her Eiran smiled. She truly was a beauty. The Winter King could not have conjured up better luck than when this young woman had called to the other world for help with the aid of the ancient leather bound book that contained all of the ancient summoning spells, Spells that had not been used for centuries, long forgotten by human kind. Such a delicious deal he had struck with her too, he would make sure she became a famous actress that no one would ever forget, and in exchange she would be his for eternity. He chuckled at the joke he had played on her with the deal. After all what better way to make an actress unforgettable then to have her mysteriously disappear? He looked around the desolate warehouse, turned and walked out the door. He had to get home he did not want his bride to catch cold.

Lilly felt the soft warmth of sunlight on her skin, smiling she sighed contently wrapped in foggy bliss, unaware, not remembering. Hovering inside a shimmery bubble that she felt she didn’t want to leave. Slowly, lazily her eyes opened and with a pop of awareness the bubble faded and she sat up. This was not her home. Her mouth was a desert in her anxiety. He had gotten her and now there would be no escaping him.
Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed she looked down, she was in a dress she had never seen before. Standing Lilly looked up and walked towards the woman she saw before her as if in a trance. Fingertips left faint smudges on the mirror, her stunned reflection examining her. Hugging every curve the midnight sky fabric spread over her bosom, waist and hips, hanging off the shoulder draping her in rich blue hues, around her neck a large gem of midnight flecked with bright and pale blues and silvers. Some kind of opal, but unlike any found on earth. It gleamed and twinkled in the light and Lilly found herself gazing into its reflection.

A cool hand rested on her shoulder and Lilly’s eyes jerked up to see him standing behind her in the mirror. She felt foggy and dazed. “Ah I forgot to spell you against the amulet.” his voice low as he leaned over her shoulder, “that was forgetful of me as it is meant for your protection.”

“Protection…?” she spoke faintly still feeling dazed as he tipped up her chin to meet his gaze, practically towering over her own five feet six inches.

“Yes. Until we are wed other members of the court might… think to tempt you or steal you out right. This amulet marks you as mine, its enchantment will keep anyone one from thinking of you at all.”

She blinked and glared up at him, “yours? Like some object?!” She jerked away from him, her cheeks glowing with the embers of her ire, “I do not belong to you or anyone. Winter King or no I will never belong to you.”

Eiran just chuckled, “I love your fire dear one. I was so delighted to see it when we met. That it was I not some other Fae who answered your summons.” He touched her radiant cheek, “as for your declaration.” He leaned in close backing her against the wall, his warm and cool breath washing over her face. Cool feathers brushed her lower lip and she drew shaky breath, her face flushing, his chuckle vibrated around her like the heavy bass of a rock song, the ones where you felt the beat in your entire body, she shivered, “we shall see if that is true in time.”

“Jerk,” she muttered as he backed away from her and she realized what he had done, what his teasing had gotten from her.

“Now, now flattery does you no good,” he smirked, “I have breakfast for you. Come and eat.” Once she tasted the food she would be trapped in the Fae Realm, there would be no escape even if she could get out of his castle, Which she wouldn’t.

“I’m not hungry thank you.” she said eyes narrowed, she knew exactly what he was trying to do and she wouldn’t allow it.

“You cannot refuse to eat dear one. Whether eating the food traps you here or not you made a deal with me. I took you as a woman of your word.”

“I am Bu- ,”

“But you thought that you would have figured out a way to squeeze out of your half of the deal by now.” He cut her off. “Hardly an honest thing to do, but here in my kingdom such tenacity is an asset. Many of us Fae are sly and you must be cautious. Now come and eat, there is no sense in starving yourself.” He held his hand out to her courteously, “please Lilly do not make this difficult for us both.”

Her eyes branded the stone floor with their fire, but he was right. She shouldn’t have made the bargain if she wasn’t ready to keep her end of it. Worrying her bottom lip she laid her small delicate hand in his hand of cool soft stone. It was more like marble than flesh.

Lilly refused to look up from the floors as they went through the Palace of the Winter King. Arriving in the dinning hall she had to look up to see what chair he would seat her in. Winter encrusted stone, a table of glistening winter glass. Her breath smoked from her mouth in a thin serpent like line, her breathing slow in her awe.

“Do you like it?” he asked leaning forward to speak into her ear, fascinated by the way she shivered when he did so. Lilly resisted him, fought him tooth and nail but there was no denying that he effected her, he could use that to his advantage. After all for her to be his Queen there would have to be a ceremony, sooner rather than later.

Her shoulders stiffened as he spoke to her, “It’s too cold.” She felt his warm and cool breath sigh against her neck and bit her bottom lip lightly, he was fae... it is probably some trick. That was what she told herself as sensations shivered up her spine, but the way he looked at her, when she had first summoned him, in the club when he had come to collect on his end of the bargain, the warehouse, then back in her room. There was heat in that look. Weight settled over her shoulders and she was taken from her thoughts. A thick fur was draped over her shoulders.

“Better?” he purred, there was amusement in his voice at the way she narrowed her eyes at him.

“It is,” the grudging tone of her voice was evident as she let him guide her to the table and seat her there.

The food was set on the table by a maid who was a frost nymph, a tiny little thing that looked like she would shatter if you touched her too hard or melt with a single warm breath. Disturbingly white irises ringed in blue blinked at Lilly curiously; a finger stroked her hand causing a chill through the mortal girl’s body.

“You may go.” Eiran said firmly, “let her eat.” The nymph curtsied, her skirt looked like a spider web of frozen dew. There was a soft click as the door closed and Lilly was alone with the Winter King once more.

Every fibre of her body screamed at Lilly not to eat the food. As a reader of fairytales in all their forms she knew the unanimous verdict. If you met a fae creature and ate fae food, you would be trapped in that world forever. A white cloud hovered in front of the young woman as she sighed and began to eat the food slowly. Flavours burst in her mouth, lots of mint giving a cool feeling to her tongue, making sure to tackle her hot food first she ate every morsel on her plate. It unnerved her that all through the meal Eiran’s eyes never left her.

“What?” She asked as he sipped his wine still his eyes not leaving her, “Is there something on my face? Or did no one ever tell you it is rude to stare?”

“Was I?” He said, still staring, “I hadn’t noticed. I apologize,” Leaning back in his chair he reminded Lilly of the documentary she had seen on the wildlife channels. A snow leopard on the prowl, that was what he looked like, totally at ease in his palace, fully aware of his power and comfortable with it.

“I hope you liked the food, if you would like I could instruct to cook to make something that you are more used to.”

“It was very good.” Looking at the table she drew designs on it with her finger.

Eiran watched Lily sitting across the table, she was lovely even brooding like this. The chill of his palace ensuring that was a healthy flush in her cheeks compared to his own pale complexion. Her golden hair reminded him of the first burst of spring after a long grey winter, something that he rarely got much of.

Back
Top Bottom