Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Power/Rangers Fan Film With James Van Der Beek

JayM1125

C E R O - M I E D O
So, this has been a bit of a big piece of news in the last couple of days. And being that I am a HUGE Power Rangers fan (hell, my signature is based on Super Sentai) I thought I'd post this here. If it's not in the right place, please feel free to move this.

James Van Der Beek and Katee Sackhoff star in this dark, gritty, Rated-R take on the classic 90's kids TV show directed by acclaimed music video director Joseph Kahn. For those of you who haven't seen this, here's your chance to watch it in its entirety before Saban tries to take this down....again. The original video hit over 12 million views in its previous 2 days on Youtube before being taken down, and over 300k views of the original NSFW version (which contains nudity) from Vimeo. So here is the NSFW version originally downloaded from Vimeo:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90[/video]

What did everyone else think of this? Personally, while the fan film was phenomenally done, it just felt a bit robotic to be honest. It felt as if it took away from the soul of the Power Rangers franchise.The scene with the Zack character and the two girls (who in the cast, for reasons beyond me, are Scorpina and Divatox) was a bit much....it felt out of place and completely unnecessary. I didn't have a problem with the level of violence because well, a little blood never did bother me (coming from the guy of whom ranks the Gears of War game series among his all time favorites). Not only that, but for some reason it's hard seeing other people take up the roles of characters I grew up with. I think it's kinda like how some people feel about the Evil Dead series that the only person who can play Ash is Bruce Campbell, or anything Batman animated is only good if Kevin Conroy voices Batman/Bruce Wayne. I guess that's where it feels a bit robotic for me. But taking all that away and just watching the fan film at its core, it's a really solid effort. I'd give it a 4.5/5 stars.

I think what many people don't realize is that this is a parody of Hollywood's need to turn everything dark and gritty now-a-days. You could say that's a testament to how bad a parody it is......or how right Hollywood is when they say dark and gritty is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom