Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Murphy's Law

Hahvoc The Decepticon

Singularity
Prologue​

My name is Brin Mckinny and I hate hospitals. I've always hated them, ever since I was little and had the unfortunate timing to be walking through the waiting room when a kid about my age - which at that time had been five- threw up on me. I can't remember the reason I had even been brought there, but I still remember that disgusting feeling and so I have hated hospitals ever since. They are sad and lonely places: a perfect place for ghosts and bad memories. However, today was the other reason I hate hospitals: doctor's visits. I never liked being poked and prodded, feeling like I'm taking a test about my health when I should know myself whether I'm healthy or if something is wrong, but like all things you just never know for certain and that's why there are doctors in the first place. It doesn't matter whether you are uncomfortable or not, you have to go, so my father used to say.

Thing is, you also never know when death is going to knock on your door or that of your family's. It could happen suddenly or it could be like a good book: you are so immersed in the pages that when the end comes, you don't know what to do with yourself. Maybe that's the problem with hospitals. You think that you are just going to take a look at the synopsis and then find out the whole story, and the ending isn't what you were hoping for. Some people know how to handle it and others don't. Well, most of us don't. My dad was different. He took in all in stride. He told me once, "Brin, life is like a story. Every single one has an ending, but it's the bulk of the pages that really matter." I try to live by his words.

Right now, though, I can barely focus on what he said to me before he passed, because the doctor before me has dropped the bomb. It's more like the calm before the storm- at least for me- because I can handle this, but my family can't. I don't expect them to. To them, it will feel like life has been kicking them in the ass. It doesn't feel like that to me. It just feels like Murphy's Law, you know, when everything can go wrong will go wrong.

So, let me just say again: My name is Brin Mckinny and I hate hospitals, and I have won the life lottery. I know exactly how I am going to die. Who knew?

Back
Top Bottom