Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

O Fortuna...

The person in question was kickbanned for refusing to reveal their identity on Blue Moon. They claimed, then, that they did not wish to associate their voice with their roleplays.

After that, they used a duplicate account to claim who they were, again without revealing any sort of desire with regards to gender-bending roleplays, but because they did furry roleplays.

This was the duplicate account of someone who, the previous night, raised a ruckus in chat already. They were told they could return after they showed they could behave for six months. This includes refraining from such idiocy as trying to fool staff using a duplicate account.

I heard nothing about gender-bending desires until the next day, from someone else. Who asked me to promise not to reveal it but that is apparently void now for some reason.

I know Blue Moon and Elliquiy have a large transgender population. My best friend is transgender. It gives them no protection from the rules of common sense. Creating a duplicate account to try to fool me, for example.

Equal rights means just that. No less, and no more.

Right - how would you feel if someone you had been roleplaying with (who was male let's say) come on Mumble with a high pitched female voice, as they had been associating themselves as male?

You wouldn't be able to RP with the person the same way again. It's a psychological effect versus if they already know from the start that the person is female playing a male and you're comfortable with that.

This was a reflection of what was heard over Vent/Reading Chat and me mulling it over to not sound like a completely angry bitch but more of a calm one.

If a person doesn't want to publicly identify themselves with any account to the whole group I think that is a reasonable request if the Admins knew who the person was. If it's sent over PM what have yous and that should be enough.

They wanted to see if they were wrong about earlier opinions.

Guess that clears that.

Now Insomnia of doom. Go away. I work 15 hours tonight and I don't want to be dead on my feet.

Aformentioned best friend is in fact a transwoman who put me through exactly that sort of scenario. They are still my best friend. Our interpersonal interactions are different. Our roleplays are not. And as much as I wish she was in fact a real woman, well, so does she. She is, however, much happier for coming clean to me about it.

The banned person never approached me with their being trans. Ever. They still haven't. I received no request to track their identity privately for such a reason. I may have considered it. At the very least, I would bring it up with the transgender/intersexed community on Elliquiy for their opinion on the matter.

The person instead tried to deceive me, and according to you, outright lied when communicating to me.

Depends honestly on how you look at it. Jumping the gun without inquiring privately as to the real reason why things happen makes situations like this look bad. Very Bad.

Some people on here are judged very harshly for what Roleplays they do and don't do.

Some don't publicly on BM admit they are transgendered, but rather pass off as just one sex or the other to make their life easier. It is the internet and that alone gives them freedom to be who they want to be.

Furries for a good while there were basically torn apart. People had to hide their own genders so that they wouldn't get harassed. Granted different staff is on now since then but still. People have this ideal image, and a mob mentality, in groups or often stereotype people. They disassociate with them when that threshold is crossed. It's not something that we do on purpose its something that happens.

But I do believe I dropped the topic as I cleared up the train of thoughts to this. If you wish to continue this discussion you have my means of contact.

I posted this here because staff were getting 'is this true' questions.

My desire for minimal censorship on this site means that having 'the last, unrefuted word' is a privilege, and not a right. I have little desire to answer the same allegation many times when simply responding to you will suffice. I have zero desire to force others to answer for my own actions.

If that is the end of your argument, then I am also done.

3 of your Administration (1 current, 2 former) knew this person and knew the situation with the person. I'm not challenging your word against my opinion. I'm saying that I believe things should be looked into rather than by first impressions. People have their reasons. You just need to inquire and not assume thing so often.

ANYWAY.

I need to set up my fairy fountain It shall be made of much win :3 Now if only my laundry card would how up that would be uber awesome.

When someone brings a complaint to me in private, I have every right to expect them to be honest with me. Everyone should have that right - that issues brought to them are made in good faith.

Why you think I - or anyone - should tolerate being deceived is beyond me. Why you think I should take more of my time and other people's time to deal with something that should have been up front and in the clear from the beginning is beyond me.

Lying would be posting a picture of yourself and saying that's you but you know it isn't true. Witholding their information and stating why is simply that, not lying just not stating all the truth. I'm fairly sure that the person would have sent you their information if you had asked them.

SPEAKING Of personal information. How *did* the people find out on mumble find out anyway who that person really was? And why did you blatantly ignore your own second rule in chat the other day?

To quote the front page:

II. Do not post identifying information about another member.

I do mean this qualifies as also having multiple accounts, amongst other things? Angry, irritated, or not I don't think an Admin is above the rules. Especially since the last Admin who posted personal information caused the whole hierarchy of moderating staff, granted this was on an extreme level but it's the same concept.

If anyone thinks that calling out duplicate accounts is 'identifying information' - as in, information that reveals a real-life identity - they can send me a PM and sabotage my faith in humanity.

As for your trolling, see you in a week.

Back
Top Bottom