Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden by the Force (DaveTheHuman & GhastyGoo)

I look through the vast landscape of trees, having gotten used to seeing some trunks as wide as cruisers. Standing and stretching, I see the sun setting in the east. This planet is far different than the ones we usually visit, but nothing a few days of training at the Jedi Temple couldn't prepare us for.

My name is Master Jarean and I'm a Mirialan, but those close to me are encouraged to call me Jar. As I stare through the forest, the red glow of the setting sun contrasts starkly on my light green skin and black face tattoos of symmetrical diamond patterns.

I turn to face our camp and see you getting up. Weeks ago, when we landed on the planet we decided to sleep during the day and scout during the night. It was a difficult adjustment but we have since adapted. With the sun now setting, our work will be starting.

Wearing a dark green robe with black pants and shirt underneath, I walk over to you saying "Good morning, Padawan. Our days of hiking may be over. I sense a large group of Sith a few miles from here. Perhaps their headquarters."

I step under the fallen tree into out makeshift camp. Two bedrolls, a smoldering fire, and backpacks are all that are with us. This is a different mission than our usual diplomatic ones but I was glad we were assigned to it. Exposing you to more tasks is something I, as your master, give great value to.

That day had been spent in a long , hard sleep. I could still remember my childhood vaguely, being brought up in the Force. Orphaned to the Jedi Order after my parents had abandoned me. My life had been lonely. Until of course, Master Jarean had taken me under his wing. Even as a child, I had never made friends. The adults all sneered at my initial weakness and the other younglings had made a habit of picking on me. Being the sole Twi'lek among them, they would take turns yanking at the pale green"tails" as they would call them.

I was nervous. This was one of the first important missions I had ever been on with my master, though deadly it may turn out to be. I was older though. Isartimus was now a 19 year old padawan of her childhood hero.. It always felt strange now to think of it that way. I gazed down at the tattoo on my right inside forearm, a black set of three diamonds in honor of the traditional Mirialan way, for my master. Many of the Jedi shunned it, thinking it some sign of affection, which was banned according to the rules.

The light filtering from the sunset splashed across the leaf-littered ground in a rather beautiful manner. If it hadn't been for our current mission and the planet's infestation of Sith, I liked to think it would be a perfect spot for a vacation. The temperature was perfect, allowing me to wear my cream-colored shirt and dark brown pants without the usual matching jacket. It resembled a Jedi Knight's attire, because one day I aimed to reach that title before becoming a Master.

"Good morning, Master Jerean!" I greeted back, perking at his return. I stood among the bedrolls, having just put out the fire.

I smile at you, noticing we barely flinch hearing the dusk being called "morning." Going to my bag, I open it to roll up my sleeping mat. As I deal with it I say "Today's scouting will be different than the last ones. Instead of spying on droid battalions we will be spying on at least a dozen Sith. Expect some of them to be highly trained. So they could be able to sense our powers with the force. We will have to refrain from using it and stay in constant meditation to be sure we aren't emitting anything detectable."

This isn't our first time having to dampen our powers together but it's far from a common occurrence. With each passing second the sun continues to lower in the sky until it is dark. Now that we are both packed, we conceal the coals of the fire under leaves, dirt, and pine needles, and continue through the forest.

Walking through the forest and weaving through trees, I begin my meditation. Thinking of my past is something that always brings me into a shallow meditation, fit for concealing my force energies while still remaining mobile.

When I was very young, I was told my family ruled Mirial, my home planet. When an uprising was pending takeover, my parents searched for a place to send me. I was only a few years old so no memory remains with me except for what Master Yoda told me. The Jedi's saw I had a high midichlorian count and quickly enlisted me. Master Yoda gave me a new name, keeping it in tradition with a Mirialan male and began my training. Despite my skill, he saw my frustration with knowing nothing of my heritage or family. A special arrangement was made, for one-third of the solar cycle I would be sent to Mirial to be trained in their ways. Though it wasn't Jedi order training it focused heavily on the religion of the force and was far from easy, physically and mentally.

Reaching a ridge line, I pull myself out of my past and into the present. I motion for you to stay low and come see. Below us is the capital city lessened by what looks like weeks of artillery fire. We both take a few minutes scanning the city before I say "What do you see Isartimus?"

I nod and follow you through the forest, crouching to move effectively and silently across the forest floor. There are many dangers here, besides the animals and Sith. The broken and decaying branches and leaves beneath the feet could snap and alert anyone or anything nearby. Thankfully, my training has helped my balance and ease of form. As we approach the city from a high cliff face, allowing us a good vanstage point, I squint and get down on my legs to a lower position. The tails from my head just barely scrap the floor; once older, they grow longer over time.

For once, I'm thankful my skin color coupled with yours will effectively disguise us visually against the green background. It takes a few minutes of focus, but I can feel the Force ebb away from me and subside. However, as the spiritual and energetic field lessens, I can feel my normal emotions take over. The first to be felt is the obvious anger at how decimated the town is below us; buildings on fire, reduced to rubble, blood spattered on the streets...

"I see movement, Master." Carefully I point my finger down into the rubble, just on the outskirts. There's what appears to be a humanoid male, all in black, walking among the ruin with a small, gray cylinder in hand. A light saber. "I can feel the dark side emanating from him... He doesn't seem to be out of our power to detain if need be?" I'm only offering the suggestion. "Perhaps if a tail fails and he discovers us, he would also be easiest to capture. In event something goes wrong, master." My voice is kept to a bare whisper.

Sometimes it would be more helpful if my master had also been a Twi'lek... One could telepathically exchange conversation. Could the Force sense this as well? My thoughts snap back to the situation at hand, no time for the rambling mind...

I focus on the man walking through the streets. It appears he is quite calm, not looking for anything in particular or awaiting battle. I look at you and say "You're right to be weary of taking a prisoner. An enemy scout that doesn't report back to his command can outweigh any information he turns over."

We both know the element of surprise is on our side should we need to take advantage of it. But to risk it on taking a prisoner would make our mission of gathering intelligence difficult. Even so, Sith don't make good prisoners, suicide or fighting to the death is common.

"Do you notice how quiet the city is?... I suspect the Sith are not operating here. I no longer sense the presence of many, just the man you noted." I crawl backwards several yards before standing. "Their base must be past the city." I put on my pack and decide to let you lead the way.

Making ourselves lessen the flow of the force is like living a life without warmth or music. I can feel less logical thoughts whisper through my mind and emotions of negativity as well. But the risk of detection makes this plan worth it.

The small cloud of emotions in me brings light to something new, something directed toward you... a powerful and calming feeling. My eyes gaze at you for a few moments before I snap out of it saying "We should continue." Not wanting to waste any darkness.

"There is also the possibility of an underground stronghold within the city, and whatever citizens are left might be too afraid to show themselves. Even at night. I would not dare to leave my house should I know a Sith scout is waiting for me." I shiver, understanding the oppression of these people. I had heard many of a whispered tale within the Jedi Temples and read on the oppression of my own race. It seemed many of the females were popular subjects for slavery. The thought made me shiver in disgust.

I picked myself up carefully as well, leaning down to lightly brush my pants free of forest debri. Following your motion, I lead on towards the outside of the ridge, staying well enough away from it to avoid detection. Soon we could reach the point where the cliff grew flat to the ground below, and we could move along the city outskirts in search of the Sith's hive of activity.

Without the Force guiding me, and the act of leading from my master, I can feel hesitance and fear in my movements. But unlike panic, these feelings keep me silent and still. Hatred is absent for now as well. I'm certainly proud of how well I'm managing; I want to prove a good leader to you.

After a few hours of slowly moving around the capital, which seemed to have formerly been a huge thriving city of commerce, transportation and living space, we reach the opposite end. The night is cold now, but I'm doing fine without my coat. "Are you well, Master? Should we set up camp down here or continue scouting?" I turn to you, leaning against the large trunk of a nearby tree.

Hearing what you say, I look around sensing we have only a few hours until sunlight. I no longer believe the Sith are beyond the capital. It feels as if they are under it. The sensation was merely dampened by the earth between.

I turn and say "That's enough for one day. Let's set up the video-feed for the analysts in the Jedi Temple to observe. Tomorrow we enter the underground city."

We decide against a fire for tonight. Being so close to the enemy, we dare not risk our position. I watch you setting up the small camera and conceal all but the lens in leaves. The view of the capital is then transmitted to the Jedi Temple per our reconnaissance orders.

I unroll my mat and then open up the food capsule which cooks itself. Waiting for it to be ready, I rub my leg just below the knee. I feel the contrast from muscles to metal when I reach my prosthetic. As with all prosthetic no one would ever know by looking at it our how I walk. Feeling it is all that would give it away.

Many years ago when on a royal bodyguard mission a Sith warrior sought to eradicate a royal line. When I moved to intervene, a fight ensued causing my leg to be lost. Were it not for the royal military, I might have been done for. It was the only saber fight I've lost and it's a constant reminder to me that I must double my efforts to redeem myself.

Listening per your orders, the video feed lens is set up, and I unpack my mat from the bag as well. Sleeping on the floor of a forest is not as painful as it sounds. Over the course of the past few nights, or days rather, I've made a habit of piling leaves beneath my bed mat to make it much more comfortable. And I've slept better outdoors here than at the Jedi Temple. Perhaps the childhood I could hardly remember had been spent in the rural parts of my home planet.

I glance over in time to see the food cooking but also to see you rub at the prosthetic. Part of me tries to bring back the Force to help comfort myself, but is stopped immediately upon remembering the Sith scout. I hesitate before speaking. "Had I been with you at the time, Master, I would have ended his life for endangering the royal blood as well as taking your leg from you." There is no anger in my voice, but pity. Part of what the great Yoda had taught all of us that what was in the past could not be changed, and it was better to make ammends with it and move on.

"Is the food done?" I try to change the topic, feeling a little ashamed of my statement.

I smile at your words and pull my book back on before looking at you. "I have no doubt in that." Adjusting myself, I grab the capsule, feeling it's warm, and open it. "All finished."

I quickly open the capsule into the two plates it forms into. Once the oxygen reaches the cooked food, it grows to it's true size. Having meals that seem like science experiments turns off many people but their light weight and ease of use has made it a traveling Jedi's favorite. And in all honesty it's quite close to the truly cooked meal.

Handing you the plate, I say "Dampening our powers is a strange thing isn't it? We live most of our lives working to control and amplify it, rarely letting it fade. But most people live their entire lives this way. It seems pitiable from my point of view."

I can't even remember the feeling of when I was younger and the force didn't flow through me as strong as the flow of my blood. From the first day of my training in harnessing it, I was hooked and only turned back in moments like this.

I reach forward to grasp the warm plate, welcoming the feeling of it on my skin and the smell that is soon to reach me as it is placed in my lap. I enjoyed these very much. I was never a picky eater growing up with the Jedi, and with such a closely condensed system of stars, travel between them had become easy over the generations. This allowed for a vast mingling of species and cultures, one aspect of which was the food. What seemed odd for one to eat was like comfort food to another. "Thank you, Master." I began to eat slowly, enjoying the sounds of the night. Again, it was so peaceful at times, even with the Force no longer with me.

"Well, for them, it is normal, everyday business. I don't think they realize the difference as much as we do. I am only grateful that the human psyche and emotion is not so overwhelming as to drive us strongly without the Force to control it." I glance up at you, watching the moonlight's shadows cast across our camp and our similarly colored skins.

"I suppose it is not as difficult for me. I have lived many years less than you have." The statement is sort of a poke at the difference of our ages, which isn't much. But even a year spent on any planet for the Jedi is a long time to be able to mature and grow in one's skill set.

Nodding I reply "I guess it's only a curse if you understand what you're missing." When training on my home planet Mirial, a strong emphasis was put on the religion of the force. But I found it difficult to understand how the other's could truly know the power of it. They could see the effects of life it caused as well as the strength abilities but they couldn't truly feel it inside as I could.

I take a bite of my meal and drink from a canteen. "It has been centuries since the last major battle with the Sith." There have of course been fights between the Jedi and Sith since then but nothing on a scale of what is to come. "I don't pretend to understand what it will be like but I know with certainty it will not be like battling droids. A droid won't give up. It's programmed not to. But Sith, they fight with a will far stronger than programming. They fight with a hatred that persists outside of themselves. Where ending the life of one won't even end it." I pause knowing the persistence of the Sith is not unlike a Jedi's. "Are you ready for that?"

"Everyone has their own way of understanding the same object, whether objectively or subjectively. Each has their own concept of the thing." It's hard to word what I'm trying to respond with, but I'm supposing you'll get it. Over the time we've spent together, it seems each of us is growing to read the other's mind and actions, and working cohesively with it. In all our time, we've never had a disagreement or fight, as some padawans tend to challenge their masters as they fight to understand the logic and reason why a thing must be done. I had always guessed it was my ability to accept my limitations and not grow angry over them.

I continue to eat the rest of my food in silence, until you mention the possibility of a confrontation; or worse, war. After I was more well-informed of the amount of Sith infestation on multiple star systems, the idea had always been a creeping suspicion of mine. I look across to you now, sorely missing the presence of a fire by now.

"I'm ready, Master. I know the droids are easier as they do not use the Force, nor do they have the human will... But I think I can do this. I'll prove to you that I can be a good fighter and I promise I will never give in nor leave your side." My eyes seem focused as I say the words, trying to convey I mean it with my whole heart. I wouldn't have ever dreamed of leaving ANY Jedi's side for that matter, much less yours.

I can feel the genuineness of your confidence and loyalty but that's not what I was intending to elicit. War is looming, and it's something I know the most hardened of Jedi and Sith fear. As your Master, I'm not only your mentor but friend and at times like this I want you to know it's alright to be scared. My indirect way of asking if you were ready was far too indirect.

"I have no doubt in your skills and loyalty to the order... none at all. I just want you to know that even with all the logic power of the force, fear is something that is as natural as a heart beat. I fear this war as with any fight. It is natural and can be a strong motivator."

I wish not to scare you or make your faith waver in my abilities but I also don't want to surround you in rhetoric of the justness of war. Just or not, it is something to be feared and fear is nothing to be ashamed of.

As always, I'm listening intently with what you're saying. It all makes sense. I used to be a rather fearful child. "I know, Master. I am a little afraid. Uncertainty of capture. Death. I guess I'm just good at suppressing those emotions and dealing with them. Conquer your fear, yes? And..with you by my side, I feel like I don't have to fear as much. Your presence and guidance helps sooth me, along with the Force." Somehow I can feel a sort of blush cross my cheeks, saying these things. This weird feeling...

I glance up, hoping you haven't thought me soft for what I've said. One of my hands reaches back slowly, almost unconsciously lifting one of the ends to my twin lekku and gently plays with the end in my palms. It's sensitive, and the nerves react and help soothe me. It's also a sort of nervous habit of mine that I've found hard to kick over the years, even as I grow older. The plate sits empty by my side; the scouting, though slow, was long.

I listen closely to you and have no question that you've understood the words I've said. "I'm proud of you Padawan. I have always been." Putting my plate down we hear the sounds of the forest, soft and subtle. Looking at you, I watch you feel your lekku as you blush.

My eyes continue to look at you but not in the way a Master looks at a Padawan. The lessened discipline of the lowered force is not the guiding feelings behind my thoughts. It is simply showing me how I truly feel for you through emotion-based thought. My eyes trail down your lekku then across to your neck and breasts before reaching your slim curves.

I can feel my heart pounding in my chest before I blink trying to regain control of myself. It feels as if a lifetime worth of missed mating seasons is passing through me.

The fidgeting gets worse, more than I've done since I was a child new to the Order. Eventually it stops, and I notice that I'm just now breathing for the first time as well. A slow breath exhales from my chest as I take in a new one, calmer now. The blush has dissipated and I can manage a glance up at you again, the one tail I was playing with now draped over my shoulder and chest. Mine are typically kept back, but now that we are at rest, it feels more comfortable.

"Thank you, Master... I really appreciate that." I merely murmur, just to keep quiet but also in a sort of apologetic tone for growing so flustered. I can tell you seem to be deeply in thought. Then I notice your eyes, but only briefly. Not that odd, maybe you're only looking at the moonlit shadows...

Mustering my willpower I look away and open up my sleeping mat. I slip inside the soft synthetic material and distract my thoughts by saying "Good night Isartimus." Closing the mat, I shift until I am comfortable before closing my eyes.

It doesn't take long before sleep comes to me. Spending hours hiking and staying alert takes a lot of out one, especially when their energy is split between that and lowering their force flow. As I sleep my thoughts are kept down, letting my mind sleep without the usual dreams of my current or past missions.

The flow of my force must have raised slightly enough to dampen my earlier feelings toward you, or at least enough to allow me to control them.

The sun had begun to rise by now, and I could feel sleep tugging at my eyes. The abruptness of your goodnight wasn't too normal, but it didn't concern me either. The toning of the Force for that night had been our first in weeks, and for the Jedi, it was always hard to focus and maintain emotion without it. I nod. "Goodnight, Master."

I tuck myself down into my respective bedroll, eyes closing. The sounds of the day whisper past my ear; a slight breeze, birds chirping. The sound of the leaves baking in the morning sun. A person trained in the Jedi Order comes to recognize these things and listen to them. These same sounds now help me drift to my unconcsious self, which takes hold quickly and smoothly.

My dreams do not come to me this time, but rather send me adrift on a peaceful and blank rest.

Over the past weeks I've learned to wake up when the sun begins to set. This morning is no different. As the sun shines over the massive exposed roots of the trees, my eyes open slowly and I soon lean up to begin the next night of scouting. Unzipping my sleeping mat I slowly get up and stretch.

I look over at you seeing you stirring slightly. By now I know you will awaken soon, no need to force it. Heading over to the camera I remove the leaves from it and see the message from the Jedi Temple analysts "Nothing peculiar. One scout, nothing more." I not and turn it off knowing the surface is not what concerns me, it's what's below.

Walking back to camp, I pack away the small camera and begin to put things away.

It takes a while for me to wake, but I do just as I hear you shuffling about the camera and listening to the feedback from the Temple. One scout, I hear. Part of me wonders if it was that lone Sith we spotted yesterday. How close had he gotten to our camp? A small shiver runs down my spine as I crawl from my sleeping mat like a bug from a cocoon; my clothes are a little misshapen and one of my lekku has made it's way across my neck and chest while the other stayed resting behind. I quickly stand up and fix myself, but I let the other come forward as well. Inadvertently, this accents the swell of my breasts, as the tails move with my curves and end just shy of my waist.

"Good morning," I whisper, offering a smile. My things are packed silently within minutes, and I lead us on into the city. Thankfully, there is only a small gap between the forest line and the beginning of the buildings, but I run the distance swiftly hoping no one will see us. I wait for you to follow, before I begin creeping along the ruins. My nighttime vision isn't great, but some left over fires among the wreckage help light our way from a distance.

"Master, do you sense it?" I suddenly stop, stock-still in a crouching position, head turning sideways to look for you. My heart is pounding in my chest, one hand itching towards my light saber. "It's the scout. I cannot see him but I feel him. Close by."

Keeping behind the concrete road barrier, I nod not risking the chance of being heard. I can sense the Sith and it feels like the scout. I tone down my force to as low as possible for good measure and keep sharp with my ears.

We sit there for barely a minute before the sound of footsteps are heard. The sound it close and approaching at what seems to be a casual pace. He must not know we are here. Slipping my light saber from my belt, I keep it held ready with my finger near the switch.

Breathing slowly the footsteps become closer and closer until we hear the sound of a radio. "37, status report." We hear the radio being unclipped from the scout's belt. "All clear above ground." followed quickly by "Roger that." The scout continues walking in the road in front of us, slowly getting farther away.

Staying frozen in our locations we are now assured that our presence is unknown, a good affirmation of our current success.

The closeness of the Sith scares me. If I hadn't stopped when I did.. My hand slips from the light saber on my hip, a shaky breath coming out of my mouth. I had dropped the Force from me, almost shoving it away at the rate I needed it to leave because of how close the scout was. Now my emotions flood me and I can feel myself beginning to freak out. My mouth opens as if to say something before shutting again, palms sweating.

Since the man walks before us, I take us around to a parallel street so we may keep an eye on him but avoid contact ourselves. Towards the middle of the rubble, there is an intact building shrouded by a few others that survived the droid artillery. It appears to be some kind of courthouse or public meeting space, with a large plaza in front of an entrance. A lit entrance. I can see a single shadow from the corridor as I edge closer, now on the side of the building. The cold steel of my saber is lifted into my hand this time. "Master, I sense two. As strong as the scout but no more. I can no longer feel him either." Of course I'm talking about the man from not a few minutes before.

"I'm going to find if there's a back entrance or something from the side; a broken window or wall perhaps." I slip away, sending you a hesitant and scared look before heading around. On the back, there's a section of wall caved in. Light filters through. There are no shadows however, and the two patches of the dark side of the Force are weaker, slightly.

Carefully I slip in, finding myself behind a desk or counter of some sort. A perfect spot to hide for now. On the ground nearby are some more radios and broken droid bits. I pick one up, fiddling with the dials to see if I can get it to work and tune in on the Sith's reports.

I nod, watching you head off around the side of the building. Once you disappear from my sight, I walk up the steps to the entrance. Moving silently, I find the front entrance to be open. Taking a second look I see a short red line appear and then disappear. I quickly look around to be sure I'm not spotted and then focus my vision on where the line was. Reaching down I pick up bits of crumbled rocks, sifting it through my fingers to only get the fine power.

Holding my hand out, I blow the particles into the air and see the laser trip line going across the open entrance. There must be a bomb here, they are guarding something important. I sift more of the rock dust and put it in my pocket. Checking the open window I see no laser, so I slip inside and move along the ornate yet dirtied floor.

Blowing powder in suspicious areas, I make my way through looking for underground entrances or hatches to a basement. My eyes keeping peeled between that and the Sith we sensed.

I manage to fix the dial and suddenly there is a low crackle of static and gibberish on the radio. Too loud. I quickly turn the volume down and wait for a few agonizing minutes to see if anyone heard that. Doesn't appear to. The volume is turned down before I try again, this time getting a clearer signal. Still, parts are missing; it appears these radios are quite damaged. "Seems-- ll clear... --ck the main entra--". They're going to be coming up here, supposing this is the main thoroughfare.. I can't sense my master. How to warn him?

I decide to draw a small bit of Force to myself and send some sort of signal through it. If he's got anything more than I suspect, he'll feel it. The risk is that it will expose my position.. I feel the Sith too late, he's already reaching over the counter and got me by the collar. I feel the tug and the sound of his leather-gloved hand as it curls to trap me firmly.

"Come here you little brat. Think you could play with our stuff?" His voice is gruff, and it hisses like a reptile's.. My heart is pounding and the lowered Force is already causing my emotions to make me panic. Adrenaline forces through my veins and I reach for my saber, only to have it knocked from my hands as I feel a hard snap. My wrist. I cry out in pain and in my panic, I draw the Force fully back to me.

"Oh, look what we have here.. It's a little Jedi. She looks...young for a Knight, doesn't she?" He turns me around. I'm struggling to breathe, gasping, both hands at my neck as he's got me lifted from the ground. Behind him is another Sith, and suddenly I feel the agonizing pressure of his power. A Dathomirian, male by the red skin and bright orange eyes. He's strong, probably almost as much as my Master. But Knight? The clothes! They think I'm a Knight, so maybe they'll overlook the possibility of my having my master around!

I make my way through the main hall when I feel a strong sense of force, your force. Having been with you for so many years I've learned to recognize the pattern of your energy. I take it as a sign you're in trouble and draw my light saber from my belt. As I pass into the next room I hear footsteps back in the main entrance, more than one person and they feel like Sith.

I continue moving toward your flow of energy feeling it surge even more. The sensation mixes with the feeling of two more Sith, near you. As I walk down the hallway a difficult decision comes to me. There are at least four Sith and two of us. Soon I will be pinned between the two groups. I know they will sooner take you prisoner than kill you but my decision hurts me none the less.

Slipping out a window I lean against the wall, hearing the other two Sith walk past where I was. Raising my hand, I focus my energy, letting the force fill me slightly, picking up a brick and floating it toward the booby-trapped entrance. Seeing it's above the trip wire, I release my energy, letting it fall. Not a split second later the bomb erupts causing the entrance area to collapse.

The two Sith that were trailing me reach the room you are in just as the bomb goes off. The Dathomirian turns to them saying "Find out who set it off and search for others. This one isn't alone!" He motions for the Sith holding you to go search as well. The moment the large Sith lets go of your hands, they are replaced by the gripping force of the Dathomirian.

Back
Top Bottom