Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Symbionic Hearts [1x1 with patbateman]

ShadowDracus

Planetoid
Shadow adjusted her cape as she traveled through a luscious forest. The birds tweeted their cheery songs.. A stream trickled in the distance. She was on her way to a neighboring town in hopes to sell some of her medicine. Suddenly, a big yawn made her unbalanced and she then found herself face first in the pillow-soft grass. Pushing herself up onto her knees, she looked behind her to see a male sound asleep against a tree trunk. Vines coiled around his body and his clothes looked worn. "U-Um.. Um Excuse me.." She crawled over and gently shook him. "You'll catch cold if you sleep out here!"

The man awoke like nothing bothered him at all. He looked at shadow with piercing eyes. His eyes looked deep into her soul. "What year is it? What day?" said the man in a monotone voice. He took his first step towards her, but fell. " what's wrong with me?". His body ached and he did not know why

ShadowDracus said:
Shadow adjusted her cape as she traveled through a luscious forest. The birds tweeted their cheery songs.. A stream trickled in the distance. She was on her way to a neighboring town in hopes to sell some of her medicine. Suddenly, a big yawn made her unbalanced and she then found herself face first in the pillow-soft grass. Pushing herself up onto her knees, she looked behind her to see a male sound asleep against a tree trunk. Vines coiled around his body and his clothes looked worn. "U-Um.. Um Excuse me.." She crawled over and gently shook him. "You'll catch cold if you sleep out here!"

She flailed and fell backwards on her arse as the male moved. "A-ah be careful!" She tried to help him sit up. "It's September 21st of the year 21XX" She answered. "You looked really stiff, leaning like that. Are you okay?"

The man slowly got up to his feet. "Ughhh" he grunted. He grabbed Shadow by her shoulders "okay, it was real cute of you with your costume, but it's clearly not that date. Stop playing tricks on me." He shoved her. "Where are we? I know we're in Colorado. I live here. ". He looked around as he examined his surroundings..."this isn't right" he said with a confused look on his face. He leaned against a tree with his back turned to Shadow. He said with despair in his voice..." this is all wrong...". He turned around and looked at Shadow "what's your name?".

ShadowDracus said:
She flailed and fell backwards on her arse as the male moved. "A-ah be careful!" She tried to help him sit up. "It's September 21st of the year 21XX" She answered. "You looked really stiff, leaning like that. Are you okay?"

"Ah! Shadow Dracus.. I'm not familiar with Colorado.. This is the Evergreen forest.." She brushed herself off as she stood up. "You know it's rude to shove people right?" She scowled and crossed her arms. "Could you explain to me exactly why are you distressed?"

"What is the evergreen forest?". He is more calm after he realizes Shadow is not a threat. "I am sorry it's that this is all a blur." He sticks his hand out " the name is Sam. Sam Murphy" Sam looks intontge distance slowly taking in this strange, um charted reality.

ShadowDracus said:
"Ah! Shadow Dracus.. I'm not familiar with Colorado.. This is the Evergreen forest.." She brushed herself off as she stood up. "You know it's rude to shove people right?" She scowled and crossed her arms. "Could you explain to me exactly why are you distressed?"

"The Evergreen Forest is what we're standing in. It lives up to it's name, always full of life here." She smiled. "It's nice to meet you Sam. I'm on my way to Cohasset. Would you care to join me? You might can find answers there. There's an interesting Museum too!" She shook his hand gently, noticing that it was really cold.

"Yeah I would like to join you." He looks at Shadow for a while and notices that when he shook his hand it was as if Shadow had touched a dead body. "What's wrong?" He asked. Sam is still confused, but reality is slowly catching up to him. He starts patting himself and takes out a 45 long slide from his tan jacket. "Hmmm, why does this look so familiar?". He takes out a magazine from his jacket as well, puts it in the gun, cocks it, and holster it in his waist. "Let's go."

ShadowDracus said:
"The Evergreen Forest is what we're standing in. It lives up to it's name, always full of life here." She smiled. "It's nice to meet you Sam. I'm on my way to Cohasset. Would you care to join me? You might can find answers there. There's an interesting Museum too!" She shook his hand gently, noticing that it was really cold.

She tensed at the sight of the gun, then again, she was also a very passive person. One who never resorted to violence of any kind. "It's just... Your hand was so cold.. empty feeling." She folded her hands behind her back as they began to walk. "Are you sure, you're okay?"

"Yeah. You never seen a gun before? I think I carried this for protection. I can barely remember." He was puzzled by Shadow's response. Sam looked at Shadow and let out an awkward smile. "Are we going to the museum or not? Before we go, what are you carrying?". Sam asked as he pointed to her medicine.

ShadowDracus said:
She tensed at the sight of the gun, then again, she was also a very passive person. One who never resorted to violence of any kind. "It's just... Your hand was so cold.. empty feeling." She folded her hands behind her back as they began to walk. "Are you sure, you're okay?"

"R-right right. Sorry, I'm taking in so much right now. It's about a mile from here." She tilted her head. "Oh this? It's medicine.. I've been traveling around selling it to those in need. It's to help with radiation exposure." She smiled, "It's been a reoccurring problem since the apocalypse several hundred years ago."

"It's okay...it's just...apocpalypse?" Sam is even more confused now. "Shadow, tell me this is a dream please...this is making no more sense. Radiation of what?" Sam awaits the cold, hard truth from Shadow's beautiful lips...

ShadowDracus said:
"R-right right. Sorry, I'm taking in so much right now. It's about a mile from here." She tilted her head. "Oh this? It's medicine.. I've been traveling around selling it to those in need. It's to help with radiation exposure." She smiled, "It's been a reoccurring problem since the apocalypse several hundred years ago."

"Dream? This really is life Sam. I don't remember much but there was a nuclear war a long time ago and it tore the United States apart. This is what we managed to heal and recreate but... It took a long time. There are still areas suffering from the damage from the radiation and I've been making medicine to help aid that so people don't suffer anymore." She tilted her head, an expression of worry and concern showing. "What do you remember?"

"A war? Who? The koreans? The iraqis? russians?" Sam looks more worried, but he remembers a small fragment...

Samuel Murphy...we thank you...

"I was part of a project...I was tasked with a mission, but I can't remember much than that." Sam accepts that the world he once knew is gone: his family, friends, and even his true love have all perished. "I wonder if I have any radiation. Can you check on me?"

ShadowDracus said:
"Dream? This really is life Sam. I don't remember much but there was a nuclear war a long time ago and it tore the United States apart. This is what we managed to heal and recreate but... It took a long time. There are still areas suffering from the damage from the radiation and I've been making medicine to help aid that so people don't suffer anymore." She tilted her head, an expression of worry and concern showing. "What do you remember?"

"A mission.. What's the last date you can remember." She brought a hand to her chin, "I can check when we get to town. There should be a clinic I can borrow." As time past and the two talked, a small town appeared over the horizon. "That's it, we're almost there! Ahh getting a night at the hotel will be nice tonight too!" She sighed, happy to be relieved of her travel for now.

"Thank goodness." he sighed. Sam was pleased that even though they had their brief differences, they could still help each other. They arrived at the clinic before they headed to the hotel. Sam took of his jacket and shirt and exposed his muscular torso. "Is this okay...nurse? Or should I say doctor?".

ShadowDracus said:
"A mission.. What's the last date you can remember." She brought a hand to her chin, "I can check when we get to town. There should be a clinic I can borrow." As time past and the two talked, a small town appeared over the horizon. "That's it, we're almost there! Ahh getting a night at the hotel will be nice tonight too!" She sighed, happy to be relieved of her travel for now.

"Um.. technique doctor but not many people see me as one." She fished through the supplies before she finally found a Geiger counter. "Ah here we are.. Now I can measure you." She faced him with a small blush to the sight. After a while, she looked slightly puzzled. "You have exposure.. However you also have none of the symptoms people suffer from it either. It's almost like oxygen for you..." She began muttering, going through some note from her bag.

ShadowDracus said:
"Um.. technique doctor but not many people see me as one." She fished through the supplies before she finally found a Geiger counter. "Ah here we are.. Now I can measure you." She faced him with a small blush to the sight. After a while, she looked slightly puzzled. "You have exposure.. However you also have none of the symptoms people suffer from it either. It's almost like oxygen for you..." She began muttering, going through some note from her bag.

"Is that a problem? If I am radioactive?" he asked. He was puzzled why there was an issue of the radiation when he did not feel a thing, just bit tired from the long sleep. "Can you help me at all Shadow? I don't want to put myself, you, or anyone in danger". Sam saw Shadow blush, and thought it was strange he did not understand why she blushed. No one had ever been attracted to him..."Why are you blushing?" he asked...

"While your radioactive it is not in the state that can cause self or others harm, which is by god amazing. I'd love to do more research if that would be alright by you." She flustered a bit at the question. "A-ah.. I'm still not accustom to seeing patients with articles removed. I've only started to treat people recently in the year."

ShadowDracus said:
"While your radioactive it is not in the state that can cause self or others harm, which is by god amazing. I'd love to do more research if that would be alright by you." She flustered a bit at the question. "A-ah.. I'm still not accustom to seeing patients with articles removed. I've only started to treat people recently in the year."

"Okay, I just thought you doctors needed to see my undressed". He said. He was a attracted by Shadow's mannerisms. Sam was bout to consent to the reasearch, but he saw out the window two emotionless people walking to the clinic. "Damn..." he muttered. He grabbed Shadow and told her. "Get down. Those guys...those guys...I know them from somewhere and I know they are not good". Sam took out his 45 and awaited for them to get closer, so he could kill them.

Kneeling down in a safe location, she went pale at the sight of the gun. "Wait.. Don't kill them..! Please don't." It was how she grew up.. Violence, death.. She hated it. She believed there were other ways; However, not everyone can find that way in time. The sounds of gunshots made her cover her ears, they were on the offense.. That meant he had to defend them. "If you can disable them.. We can get information out of them..!" That was the middle. Just disable them from attacking!

ShadowDracus said:
Kneeling down in a safe location, she went pale at the sight of the gun. "Wait.. Don't kill them..! Please don't." It was how she grew up.. Violence, death.. She hated it. She believed there were other ways; However, not everyone can find that way in time. The sounds of gunshots made her cover her ears, they were on the offense.. That meant he had to defend them. "If you can disable them.. We can get information out of them..!" That was the middle. Just disable them from attacking!

"Shadow, whatever happens. I want you to run. Don't look back. I can always catch up with you." He closed his eyes and let out a sigh. Sam popped out and ran. He shot at the first man straight in the face which dropped him. The second man shot at Sam, but since Sam was quick and more cunning, he was able to miss all of the shots. The second man tackled Sam and took him down. The second man started to punch him, but Sam was barely affected by it, even when he had a nick on his left cheek. Sam grabbed his gun and shot him point blank in the face. it was a shock to both Shadow and Sam when they found out the man was not a man at all. The face revealed an endo skeleton underneath his skin. Sam pushed him off and ran to Shadow to protect her. The cyborg shot at Sam. "What does this thing have blanks?" he ran back inside the clinic to make sure Shadow was okay.

The endo skeleton brought a lot to Shadow's attention. Watching the fight from the windows, many possibilities struck her. He knew them from somewhere.. The radiation amount.. Everything he knew being different from now, the endo skeletons.. It was a strong probability he was like them too! She wasn't scared of him though. As Sam busted into the clinic, Shadow looked up, treating an injured civilian. "Aim for the middle of their chest. That should be where their processor is Sam!"

ShadowDracus said:
The endo skeleton brought a lot to Shadow's attention. Watching the fight from the windows, many possibilities struck her. He knew them from somewhere.. The radiation amount.. Everything he knew being different from now, the endo skeletons.. It was a strong probability he was like them too! She wasn't scared of him though. As Sam busted into the clinic, Shadow looked up, treating an injured civilian. "Aim for the middle of their chest. That should be where their processor is Sam!"

Sam grabbed Shadow. He selflessly used his body as much as he could to shield Shadow from the bullets. "Get behind me". Sam aimed at the cyborg as he shot him in the chest. It took him the whole magazine to stop the threat. The cyborg fell down, but got up and retreated..."Damn! He got away!". Sam saw some blood stains on Shadow. She was fine but was still worried if she had been shot. "Shadow there is blood on you. Are you okay?" Sam failed to realize the blood was coming from him, and not Sam. "We should get out of here. Who knows if there are more of them. Where is that hotel you talked about?" Sam asked as he caught his breath. Sam had bullet holes on his abs, a deep cut on his left, cheek, and his jacket was stained with blood as if he had bled, but he walked and acted as if nothing had happened. Something was not right...maybe he was a cyborg, but why is he acting so human?

"A-ah.. N-no I'm fine." Her voice was shakey. "No I'm not injured.. It must have been from one of the citizens.. I hope they are all okay... The hotel is down that way but.. Y-you're hurt. Sam, you're bleeding, I need to examine you." She spoke with worry and fear. "Sam please.." Finally they arrived to the hotel and Shadow began to strip him down to examine every wound.. It was his body that had her completely lost. "You..You're not human... But you act human... H-how?!"

Back
Top Bottom