Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Only Yours [1x1 with Spinz]

ShadowDracus

Planetoid
It was a beautiful yet chilly day in the month of December. Shadow sat outside of her college campus, awaiting the familiar Wrangler to drive up. With the worn jeep made it's appearance, she had no hesitation in running up to the opening door and clasping her arms around the older man's neck.

"Daddy! I'm so happy to see you again!" She giggled, nestling into his shoulder. "I'm so happy to be home for Christmas!"

With his help, her bags were safely packed in the back and she leaned back in the cozy, broken in seat. With the radio set on the alternate rock, everything felt like it had always been with her and her Dad. "How are the kids? Classes have been great. I've been given a few offers from difference hospitals around the city!" She began on talking about how the semester had been. The friends she had made and anything really. "Has Riley been behaving himself? I heard he just started middle school! Oh, would you like to stop for lunch? There is a nice diner down the way."

Shadow didn't hesitate, after climbing out of the car, to wrap her arms around her Father's arm as they entered the diner. It was a cozy, classic little place. The neon lit bar. The white and red tables with matching booths. An old jukebox chilled next to the register, looking new for its age. Sitting down, a waitress skated over, taking down their drinks. "Sweet tea with a lemon please." Shadow smiled "Two." She knew his preference when he wasn't cracking open a bottle of Modelo on the couch after a rough day at work. "So they have country style steak and Philly cheese steaks here. Um, there's also your kind of burgers and hotdogs. I prefer their Italian subs though." She smiled sliding the menu to him. "So Riley just turned 12 right? You showed him my Facebook post I hope. How is Samantha(15) doing? Did she get into the Student Counsel?" Goodness Shadow, the questions continued. "How is work? Is Johnny still working there?"

"Well that's rude.. I don't even drink! Let alone have a boyfriend. It just gets in the way of school!" Her cheeks puffed out in her cute fashion. "Um.. My roommates are something else. They usually have a game night with their boyfriends and play some video games. We also have our movie night and I'm usually grinding them to study. I ended up the cook but.. Well what would you expect." She laughed a bit. "I'm excited to cook Christmas dinner again though. I'm sure I can help two gossipers with their homework and some.. other lessons." She sipped her tea before the waitress returned for their orders. After a while of shooting the breeze and eating, she leaned back. "I really missed this."

"Well... I am turning twenty-three next year" She chuckled. "I won't have to go back until mid January so lets enjoy as much time as we can together. I think it was January 12th classes began again." She glanced around before an idea struck her. "Hey Dad! Lets share a banana split, it's been so long since I last had one. Remember?" She smiled and waved the waitress order for the dessert order. After a bit, the large sweet was set between then and she happily began to share it with him. "I can have the cherry right?" She smiled, a bit of whipped cream on her cheek.

"It's meant to be a little messy, it's icecream!" She pouted but smiled as she popped the cherry into her mouth. "That was really nice.. Besides you need the energy at your age" She teased him back, "You trimmed up at least before picking me up, I can tell that much. You're normally scruffy" Sadly, she knew her father as good as anyone.

"I'll admit, it's odd seeing it smooth.." she smiled. After paying the bill, they made their way back to his vehicle, and alas by that evening had made their way home. She smiled at the old house, "Ahh I missed it here.. Hard to believe a year went by so quickly." There was so hesitation in walking inside, "Guys I'm home!"

"Hey big sis is home!" Riley jumped up in excitement. Samantha smiled up from her studies. Riley wrapped his arms around Shadow's waist. "Sis, I missed you" he grumbled. "Aww Riley, you're taller. I miss you too" she smiled patted his head.

Back
Top Bottom