Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

High School Drama (Myself, Altheras)

Luke had decided to go and pee before class, and walked right in on Jesse who was on his knees crying in the floor. It was weird how they just kept running into each other, and right now looked like it might not be the best time to disturb him. He started to turn and leave, but he couldn't, he knew what that terrible crying had to mean. He walked over to the other boy and crouched down beside him, he put an arm around his shoulders and gently pulled him against his chest, just holding him while he cried.

" He's gone.. My grandfather is gone! " Jesse said as he sobbed into Luke's shoulder, just held onto him. He couldn't believe it, felt sick to his stomach to the point of wanting to go home. There was no one he could talk to, with luke holding him h felt very content. It felt right, since he had come out he felt better to but had no intentions of ever coming out to anyone else.

Luke nodded in response, Jesse hadn't even needed to tell him, he could tell by the way he was crying what had happened. "Is there somewhere we can go and just sit? I've got a class this period, but I can skip it with you if you need me to?" He hugged him tighter, just holding him as he shook with sobs. He barely knew him, and yet he just couldn't leave him alone right now.

" The courtyard.. Or the park the little kids play in. I love to swing." Jesse said making another confession that no one else would ever know but luke, he no longer cared about school. He had just lost the one man in his life that didn't judge him, his heart was in pieces. Having luke there though made it better, he knew right then, there that no matter what he had found his soulmate.

Luke nodded, not judging him for liking to swing, to him that sounded perfectly normal. He spent way too much time in his own little fantasy worlds to really judge anybody or even pay attention at all to what other people might consider normal, except when they hurt his feelings by using it to judge him. "Okay, if you want. Which one sounds better? I'll walk with you." He stood up slowly and offered Jesse both of his hands, helping the taller boy to his feet.

Jesse took his hands, chewed on his lower lip. " Tell anyone of this, I'll make the rest of the year a living hell for you.? He meant business, despite being upset about his grandfather he still had some of his spunk. " The courtyard the little ones might be having recess." He said as he wiped his eyes, put his phone in his pocket. Usually his parents would come get him in case of emergency, well he expected to be called to the office sooner or later.

Luke drew back a little at the threat, looking hurt, his gaze shifting down to the floor and his shoulders slightly hunched. "Alright... I won't talk to anybody about it." He wouldn't have anyway. He led the way to the courtyard where there was a nice bench under a big tree in the shade. He sat down on it with a soft sigh, not feeling as much like conversation now.

" Sorry dude...it's just no one else but you, my grandfather know I'm gay. As far as me losing it yeah emotions make a jock weak, I just don't want my buddies to think I've gone soft. I know I don't know you very well but I've berb picking on you for awhile, I'll be honest. I really like you luke! " he said as he leaned forward rubber the back of his neck, looked at his necklace his grandfather had given him. Of all the things he was afraid of losing his grandfather before his graduation was one of them.

Luke nodded, looking up at him from his seat on the bench, his dark bangs had fallen into his eyes. "I get it." He took a deep breath, waiting for Jesse to sit down beside him, looking up at him made him a little nervous. "I'm sorry for what you're going through..." He wasn't sure what to say about Jesse liking him, he didn't like him back, at least not yet. He just didn't know him well enough for that. "If you like someone, you really shouldn't pick on them..."

" yeah I know, I'm gonna try really hard to change." Jesse said meaning every word, he leaned back against the bench. He put his hands behind his head, closed his eyes just remembering all the good times he would have with his grandfather when he was a boy.

The goth just sat there beside him in silence, eventually putting a comforting hand on his shoulder and giving it a light squeeze. He wanted to let him know that he was there for him, but at the same time he knew that Jesse needed to reflect on things for a bit.

'' They practically raised me when my parents would go away on business during the summer. From the time I was a baby to the time I was old enough to stay home by myself, now my grandfather is gone. Knowing my grandmother she'll find someone else, get remarried.'' Jesse said as he opened his eyes, stared ahead just having a really hard time coping with things. He needed to go out, party so hard he didn't remember the day but the party wasn't until the weekend. There was no telling what he would do when he got home he was so messed up right now he just didn't know what he felt, sitting with Luke was really making him feel things he knew were wrong to feel but he just wasn't interested in the ladies.

Luke moved a bit closer, sympathetic to his grief. He slipped his arm fully around the jock's shoulders and offered him a gentle, comforting hug. "I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but you will get past this. The funeral will be a hard day, but it will help you to come to terms with it all."

'' I'll be alone cause I think my parents will play some sort of conference that day. Will you come with me? I mean I know I've been an ass in the past, honestly I've been in your shoes.'' Jesse said as he took out his phone, showed him an old picture of him before he bulked up to what he looked like now. Of course he had contacts instead of glasses, no braces or acne but he looked like a major dweeb.

Luke smiled a bit at the old picture of him, he only vaguely looked like the same boy now. "Aw, I think you were cute though..." The truth was, Luke spent a lot of time with guys who looked a lot like that picture, and they were some of his best friends. "I guess I can go with you, if I tell my parents it's a funeral that I'm attending with a friend, they should have no problem letting me go."

'' Man was I scrawny back then.. I started working out got contacts, well here I am. The guy every geek goth etc is afraid of, I really don't mean to be mean it's just when your a jock you have a reputation to uphold. If the guys knew I was this vulnerable right now they would throw me off every team I'm on, disown me. Jake my best friend since pre-school he's a great guy but he's always trying to hook me up with some cheek. Cheerleader volleyball player etc, it's driving me crazy cause I can't tell the guys I'm gay they'd freak. Anyways there I go running off at the mouth again, thanks for being there for me even if I have been a total jack ass to you.'' Jesse said as he smiled, chewed on his lower lip. He reached for the boy's other hand, took it into his own then smiled a little.

Luke was still a bit nervous around Jesse, partially because of how easily he had threatened him earlier, even when he'd been on his knees sobbing in grief, he had no problem at all with threatening the goth. Luke tried to convince himself that maybe it was just because he was in an emotional state, but deep down he knew better, Jesse did have a reputation to uphold. It was a reputation he would have to uphold right on through college in order to get his sports scholarships. He offered a gentle smile and squeezed Jesse's hand in his own. "I forgive easy, I won't hold the past against you... or the future."

'' I'd really like us to be friends, fuck my friends.. I rather go to some community college instead of get a full scholarship. My parents have had a college fund set up for me since I was a baby, my grandparents contributed to it every year on my birthday I'm sure I'd be able to afford community college. I've been playing sports for three years, I'm tired of it. I nearly blew out my knee three times almost messed up my shoulder, have suffered concussions from football believe it or not. I've recovered from them but yeah, Oh I almost wound up paralyzed from the waist down. It's time for me to retire my jerseys.'' Jesse said as he rubbed the back of his neck, sighed holding Luke's hand. He had meant every word, he could explain things to his coaches they all knew his medical history besides he was getting tired.

Luke blinked at him, a bit shocked by all of this. Still, he figured it was just the grief talking, he knew what kind of effect death could have on people. He had been just a geek before his grandmother's death, and losing her had made him an oddly gothic geek. "Make sure you take the time to really consider that decision. People do a lot of rash things when they're grieving. Even if you give up some sports, there might be some you still want to do, like something a bit less dangerous maybe?"

" I'm getting tired of getting home late, barely being able to keep up with my school work. Believe it or not I'm one failing grade away from being cut from every team I'm on." Jesse said as he rubbed the back of his neck caressed Luke's hand, then made his boldest move ever. He placed his hand on the side of Luke's face, pressed his lips against his in a soft passionate kiss then pulled back.

Luke's whole body stiffened at the kiss, but he did not pull away. He hadn't seen it coming at all and he was caught completely off guard. He parted his lips slightly at the feeling of the other boy's mouth on his, his cheeks flushing a dark pink when Jesse pulled back. He shifted nervously and cleared his throat, his blush growing darker as he stared down at his hands. They were out here in the open, and anybody could have seen them. He wondered if the other boy actually liked him or if it was just his grief making him do crazy things. He was speechless.

" Sorry I shouldn't have done that." Jesse said as he rubbed the back of his neck, sighed running his fingers through his hair. He thought maybe he should just leave school for the day go home or go for a drive, he stood up feeling as though he had just really messed things up. The thing was he had never been with anyone boy or girl, he didn't like girls anyways.

Luke stared up at him, still looking a bit shocked. He wasn't sure if he should be interested or if he should run away. It was hard for him to sort out the feelings he was having right now. He liked boys, he knew that, he just hadn't really thought about Jesse like that until today, and it was kind of scary how fast things were moving with him. He wondered if the poor guy was just sick with grief and would really regret the kiss later because of it. "It's, ok, I'm not upset or anything. I just... well, you're really upset. If you do like me... I'm open to that. I just don't want you doing things just because you're emotional right now, you know?"

" I kissed you because I like you a lot, I've always wanted to kiss a guy. I've kind of had my eye on you for awhile, to be honest I never wanted any of this. I rather be in the marching band or be at home reading comic books I have memorized." He said as she rubbed the back of his neck, paced the courtyard. It was almost time for their next class, Jesse was thinking about skipping it to go to his favorite place to think. There was a place not to far from the school called Cregans lake, his grandfather had taken him fishing there every summer from the time he was a boy to now.

"Really? You've liked me for a long time?" Luke was pleasantly surprised by this information. He really hadn't been sure about it before, because he had thought that the popular guy was just messing with him. He'd had guys do some pretty cruel things just to fuck with him before. He'd had one guy write him a really beautiful love letter, and then when he approached him about it, he'd had his head shoved into a toilet and got the crap beat out of him, so he was kind of wary of these kinds of attentions. They often turned out to be some pretty mean pranks.

He didn't think Jesse would be playing a prank on him right now though, because he was grieving for his grandfather. People usually didn't take the time to play jokes on people when they were upset like this. It was more likely that Jess really had liked him all of this time and just hadn't been able to approach him about it until now because he didn't want to upset his friends. "Did your parents push you into doing sports? I know my dad tried with me... it just didn't work. I'm like... the opposite of athletic I guess."

Back
Top Bottom