Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Community of Witches and Warlock RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not post until you have been accepted!

Character Section: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=63371

A Community of Witches and Warlocks- chatter: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/sh...?tid=63372

The Letter
A letter was carefully written out in neat Gothic Calligraphy- please note the word ‘written’ meaning not typed as in the way of a modern world. No one knows who this elite person is but the invitation is written as in the before mentioned manner. Few were sent the letter, only 7 to each gender in all.

Dear Person of Unrest, Unfulfilled, Unloved and Unwanted,

I am a Person of Great Wealth and Generosity Whom you do not know. I own an Island of Large Size and much Security from the Common World of Greed and Hurt. I am Willing to Share it with a few who are looking for Security from Life’s Cruelties.
The only Thing that I Require is that You Come here to My Island and Live in My Community. You may keep your own personal wealth and what belongings that you are able to bring with you for I have no need of more. If you do not have enough personal belongings, I will be glad to share with you as a humble servant of a greater Deity than myself.

How do You know of Me if I do not know of You, You may wonder. I know of Great many things in this World that most Common People do Know but do not Realize that They know of such Things. There are many more Things that You will Learn while You Live here on My Island and In My Community.

Please Join Me at My Expense. Bring all of Your Personal Belongings to the nearest Port where You will receive 1st Class Accommodations to tropical paradise island of Kahoolawe, Hawaii. You will be met by a Ferry to My Island. Do not worry for the Somehow in some way, the Accommodations will be there.
Remember This:
A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed,
Null
Null was satisfied with the letters and the way that certain letters were capitalized when it should not be. It was a clue that was most intriguing if anyone would take notice. Each letter was carefully folded and stuffed into the envelope then placed on a silver tray for the next servant who was to come by the desk. This servant would be of the highest confidential servant. One of the two who personally served Null.

Null walked over to one of the many windows of the highest floor of the Common House. Two separate schools of learning has been provided. One for the males and one for the females. All who will be arriving here to vie for the positions of the schools. Only one male and one female will lead the groups respectively.

Another nerve wracking night of drunks wanting free booze, irate drivers who want to pay and go, and a few guys just around to flirt with the lady behind the glass, Molly walked out to her car while checking each way as she went. She opened the driver's door and checks the backseat to find no one. She tosses her purse and breakfast in the seat next to her, climbs in and locks the door rather quickly.

Molly feels somewhat safe at the moment but there was the short distance between the car and the apartment complex where she lives, a quick stop at the mail box to take out her mail then a quick walk up the stairs to the third floor where she walks to her small apartment. She would feel much safer in her apartment where she could triple lock her doors.

With a sigh of relief that she made it through the night to live another day, Molly sits on her bed and eats her breakfast sandwich and read her mail that consisted of one letter. She nearly laughs at the letter then pauses to dial the nearest travel agency where she knew the person behind the desk. After being assured that what the letter says is true, Molly lays down to sleep.

Sleep eluded her so after several hours of tossing and turning, molly began her preparations for her trip.

The man, Necro, sat at the base of a tree surrounded by his friends namely the grey wolf he called Romulus, a red fox he took to calling rabbit for her flighty nature, and his most stalwart companion an ermine he named Dolos for his crafty ways. Drifting at the edge of sleep he started when he felt something hit his lap and felt a weight settle on his head, Opening his eyes he first looked up to see the Raven he dubbed Hugin looking down at him with his head cocked to one side.

Looking down he saw a letter which struck him as doubly odd as both Hugin and his sister Munnin always hid things in their nest, and having no memory of who he was before the forest he never wrote anyone to receive mail. Opening it slowly he read the letter and allowed his understanding of the letter to pass between him and the assembled creatures. Looking up as he heard flapping he saw Munnin flapping his way then landing on his shoulder she expressed an interest in the odd capitalization of certain words he started scratching the words in the dirt with a stick to see if they formed a new letter the the letters themselves to see if they were a code or anagram and failed to find anything and growled in frustration.

Standing after a while he said to the animals "I think I'll go. I don't consider any of you belongings but I'll take you if you wish." Most didn't wish to leave the forest though all of the friends he had named chose to which didn't surprise him really. Shuffling Hugin off of his head and onto his other shoulder he set off towards the coast he knew he was bound to run into a town and airport eventually.

Molly woke up bright and early the next morning. She packed all of her few belongings in 3 suitcases, a book bag and a backpack. She then check around to see if these was anything else but the rest would be left for her room mate. A quick note and a trip to the bank then to the nearest airport in LA where she picked up her ticket and was given an envelope. In the envelope was $500 cash. More than she ever had at one time. A note said to spend it as she wanted.....

She walked down the ramp to where there were many shops and she paused then decided to spend a bit of her money. She bought a hand held game system, several games and a starter pack that contained many things from a bag to put things into to cases for the games she just bought. She smiled as she bought guide books and a couple other books as well. A bit of a snack and she went to the lobby to eat and wait on the airplane.

Since the letter had found its way to him Dorian has pondered about the man, or woman, behind its creation. This "Null" as they called themselves was quiet the intrigue, all mysterious and all that nonsense. Well, Dorian wasn't one to give up free luxury after how long he spent in the underbelly of China, such a quaint little setting. All the gangs gunning for top dog made for exciting writing but poor comforts, at least material ones, those women sure knew how to use their hands.

But with material enough to fill a book and an angry Triad boss, Dorian knew it was time to move on. With goodbyes to his favorite bar, prostitute, and several other bars Dorian made for the airport and was taken to the jet that would take him to Hawaii. At first things were tense, finger on the magical trigger for awhile before relaxing and taking part of the wine that was given to him.

Looking at the bottle it was clearly old, the bottle wasn't even glass and instead was made of clay. One word was scrawled upon it, Aminean in faded Latin. So, his mysterious host had taste, magic, and connections. How very interesting. Dorian relaxed into his chair as he left himself to think upon these discoveries as the plane flew to the meeting place of the ferry.

Matthias yawned as he rolled out of bed, everything was going down hill but he was still able to smile, pulling on clean clothes he left his apartment to check his mail finding the mysterious letter. He was beginning to open it when he heard the whir of a power tool and looked up to see the building owner attempting to change his locks, "Really!? Bryant come on." he said and the owner just slapped the eviction notice on his door and walked away. With a heavy sigh he entered his apartment and placed the letter on his small dinning room table as he made breakfast, reading the letter over a bowl of his favorite cereal he examined it back and forth twice noting the odd capitalization of certain letters. The timing seemed perfect to him as he got out some luggage and packed his belongings as much as could fit, using a bit of magic to secure the bags he called a cab to pick him up and used the last of his money to pat the fare.

Inside the airport he didn't really know what to do so he approached a teller who handed him a ticket and he went to wait for the plane, he didn't appear to be alone as he sat down near a girl he took out the letter and a note pad beginning to entertain himself with trying to figure out what the letters meant. The one word he could get was 'Witch' but he guess he wasn't very good at these puzzles, "You get the letter as well?" he asked the girl near him smiling as brightly as he could.

Molly looked up from her game to see a young man sitting next to her.
"Yes, I did. Did you get an envelope with money it as well? It certainly is a puzzle to me."

Soon there was a stewardess that came along and spoke to Molly and Matthias.

"The plane is delayed for an extra hour. I am sorry about the delay but it is unavoidable. You will be in Kahoolawe in plenty of time to catch the ferry to the next island." she spoke with a smile.

"No I didn't get a second envelope." Matthias replied to the girl, "Have you noticed the odd capitol letters in certain parts?" he asks her before noticing the stewardess' approaching.

"That's fine." Matthias said smiling back at the stewardess, "I'm a nervous flyer so I'm in no hurry." he said as he returned to his pen and pad continuing to see what words he could find in the letter. He now knew why he hated word puzzles some words just needed an extra letter to work, he put his note pad aside as he beg looking in his bag and pulled out a Nintendo 3DS with Fire Emblem. "I've enjoyed playing the tactician in this game." He says trying to start a conversation the only way he knew how.

"I just bought my gameboy today. I chose pokemon to learn how to play games on it. I have gotten used to catching pokemon some what but I keep forgetting what moves are what..... I never had one of these before......" Molly spoke.

Necro found a travel agency in the town he visited and found out that the plane was departing from LA and a shuttle could be called to take him there. "What about my friends?" he inquired pointing out the animals outside to which he was told that the shuttle was big enough to carry them but they would have to ride in the cargo hold of the plane to Kahoolawe.

Glowering as he exited the agency to wait for the shuttle he explained it all to his friends who were understandably disenchanted at the prospect of being caged even if only temporarily.when the shuttle arrived he ushered them all in then took a seat in the back with them.

Reaching the airport he secured his ticket and made his way to boarding where he was separated from all but the ermine Dolos who had hidden in his clothes. Sitting in a seat in the middle row across from a pair staring intently at some sort of gaming device he pulled the letter back out and asked the stewardess if she had a piece of paper and a pencil he could use and once again decided to work on the mystery of the odd capital letters with Dolos randomly chittering suggestions.

The stewardess smiled and spoke
"Each of were to be given $500 of spending money. If you didn't get yours I have it in an envelope for you. You have fifteen minutes before boarding the plane if you wish to buy anything. I do not have any paper or pen with me but I can give it to you after we have boarded."

The stewardess handed Necro an envelope and then one to Matthias and walked over to Molly.

"I have received my money but thank you." she spoke as she looked up at the stewardess.
"Thank you for being honest. When you are ready to board, please line up behind the rope. I will be back in fifteen minutes." the stewardess spoke as she placed the envelope back into her briefcase.

"Yeah Pokemon is a favorite of mine but some people take it too far with the breeding and so on." Matthias said as he split his attention between the girl and guiding one of his weaker characters to finish off a weakened enemy. "But this has the same thing you know, put two together and get bonus' for the kids." he continued smiling, "I've always enjoyed Strategic games like this." he finished as he tried to save a wounded ally in the game.

When the Stewardess returned and handed him an envelope full of money Matthias couldn't think of anything he really needed so he put the money away in his bag. He saved his game and turned it off as well putting it away since they would be boarding soon and returned to his puzzle, "Have tried figuring this out?" he asks the girl showing her his attempt at figuring out the letter puzzle.

"Actually, I just thought it was written weirdly but I didn't think about it having any kind of a hidden message. What have you figured out so far?" Molly asked.

Matt sighed, "Not much. I started with finding the letters that were capitalized. I got Witch but I don't think that's part of the answer." he told her as he handed her his notes. "Word puzzles were never my strength." he said with a light chuckle.

"Quite honestly I doubt that it is a puzzle but let me take a good look on it on the plane. The stewardess is coming. I'm going to line up." Molly spoke as she began to gather up her belongings.

The stewardess was taking the rope down and was ready to allow anyone to board the private plane.

Matt sighed a little he never liked heights and flying was the least appealing form of travel he could imagine, he silently cursed the Wright brothers for inventing the damn things. "All I ask is a Tall ship and a Star to sail her by." he muttered as he stood preparing to line up when he noticed the third passenger and approached him. "Hey there. We're starting to line up." he said to the man who seemed to be working on the same puzzle as he was, "Made any progress on the puzzle?" he asked he liked making friends generally being a friendly guy.

"None what so ever....." Molly spoke after studying for a few minutes.
"Why do you think that there is some kind of a hidden secret in this letter anyways? Just because it is written with a few odd capitalization in it? I can't see any rhyme or reason or unreason to even think that there is some kind of a code hiding in it...... Maybe the words are the kind that is a subliminal message. Let's write the words and phrases down...."

Necro stowed the money as well and frowned at the lack of writing material but had no desire to leave the plain while his friends were still trapped aboard so he pulled his legs up to sit cross legged in the seat and poured over the note and mentally took notes. After listening to the other two talk for a while he spoke up without actually looking over at them "I haven't seen any sort of code yet but maybe you two will have better luck." Then pushed the Ermine back into his shirt when he started to get curious and poke his head out,

A stewardess announced over the PA system

"All of those of you that are traveling to Kahoolawe, Hawaii then to a private island, please meet me at the rope which is at the entrance of the boarding ramp."

"I guess that is us." Molly spoke as she began to pack away what she had outside of her backpack. She then smiled and walked over to the rope.

Matthias smiled in return as he grabbed his bags his largest one had been placed with all the other luggage while his back pack was slung over his shoulder as his one carry on. He was still a little nervous as he stood behind the woman he had been chatting with, "What I wouldn't give for an almond Joy right now." he muttered as he stood there. "I'm Matthias by the way." he said as he offered the girl his hand in a friendly shake.

Molly turned around and smiled.
"I'm Molly. Pleased to meet you."

"Excuse me but all of you need to board the private plane so that we may take off soon." the stewardess spoke calmly yet firmly.

"I guess we better get going...." Molly spoke as she walked up the ramp.

Sleep evaded Eliza as the sun began to peek over the horizon, her thoughts lingering on the strange letter she received. It left her puzzling why she'd gain such a thing. Considering her dark nature, she's often rejected. What little she had was already packed, preferring her possessions ease to grab in case there's a need to run. Bright blue hues gazed about the tiny room, a heavy sigh escaping parted lips. As of late, being a bartender wasn't paying off, and her criminal career wasn't doing so well either. Perhaps a change of scenery was just what was needed. After all, what better way to find success in gaining what you desire than being around others like you, that may understand you, or even better, follow you!

She smiled brightly at the thought and threw off the covers, quickly working to gather things up and make herself presentable. She chose to wear her usual attire: black jeans, a fishnet top with a tank just beneath it, and her favorite ruby necklace. She truly looked like a goth princess, but was nothing of the sort.

It took no time to arrive at the airport, dark locks shimmering in the sunlight before stepping through the doors with two large suitcases in two. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun, make up done to near perfection, and walked with confidence to where she needed to be. It would seem her arrival was timed perfectly, as she heard the announcement to follow to the boarding ramp. She was silent, though it was clear she was scrutinizing all of those who were present.

Matthias looked nervously at the ramp as he tried to get over his hesitation at getting onto the plane, "I hate flying in these metal tubes." he muttered as he finally got this nerve up and he climbed the ramp onto the plane taking a seat he settled down as best he could. He had never liked flying it was the height that got to him not the actual act of flying he had levitated himself before but he had more confidence in himself than a metal tube. Took out his paper and pen as he tried finding as many words he could in the letter, it kept him distracted as he sat there focusing on the puzzle before him.

Molly picked a seat next to a window. She had never flown first class before nor in a private plane. It easily hold twenty passengers. She stowed her backpack in the compartment above and her purse with her gameboy case under the seat.

"We will be moving shortly so let's get buckled in. I'll turn on the international safety movie. Please pay attention just in case that we need to use the parachute or oxygen. Once we are in air, I will take your drink and snack order." The stewardess turned the short five minute movie and buckled herself up in her seat next to the other stewardess.

Once they were in the air, the stewardess came to take their orders.

"I'll have cookies and coffee, please." Molly asked.

"Just a soda for me, Please." he said to her as he smiled at the stewardess, Matthias tried not to think of the fact that they were flying. He focused on the letter as he tried focusing on arranging the letters into words and find out what they meant, it was beginning to feel like the person who wrote the letter had just done the puzzle to mess with the receipeint. It made no sense to him there just wasn't enough letters, though he hadn't seen the other letters maybe you needed what was in the others letters as different letters could have been capitalized from the letter he got. "I doubt they made it that elaborate." he muttered as he kept trying to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom