Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cairo by night (thedutchess + tatcon)

Sand on the streets, cars honking and blowing their horns in accordance with their unwritten language while the high winds kept the dust swirling through the air. It was a hazard once night descended on the city, but these people had spent centuries living in this environment, and they had the same lighting as the rest of the world, so for the most part they were safe.
For Tatcon, it was just an amusement and a past time to sit among the well lit buildings near the city's center and observe. Watch people move too and fro as the cars whizz by with their apparent lack of traffic laws. It was so different from his typical home, and he found this to be the perfect vacation from 'life' back home.
Running his finger idly along his lower lip, he'd slowly bring himself back up to a standing position, eyes scanning the area for a moment before dropping back down to street level, and wandering in among the living and breathing of Egypt's capital. Sliding a cigarette from an inner pocket of his jacket, he would light it up before placing hands casually into pockets, and walking down the street in amusement.
"You can smell the age on the air.." he said to himself as a small grin grasped his lips, and for a moment he was truly content, especially once eyes returned to the game of scanning the faces of the passing people, especially those lovely women. Grin grew. This was a fun game.

The air was quiet....for the moment before a jeep zoomed by on the path to the main city, there was dust every where and a screaming man in the passenger seat, she laughed and continued to jerk the wheel of the car narrowly avoiding a ledge and continued her crazy driving, the guy in the passenger seat was still yelling at her to slow down and she just continued to laugh at him " oh just tighten your seat belt and lighten up" she said over the roar of the engine, she waved her hand and yelled "out of the way!!" to the people dodging her car, she can to a compelte stop and grinned turning off the engine and climbing out only to look at her partner and just laughed at him " oh it wasn't that bad George" the man called george turned to her and just gave her an evil like look before climbing out and falling over, George was the typical dork, buttoned up shirt goofy hat and shorts that should not of gone into style in the first place, he got up and pulled his bag from the car and attempted to impress her by trying to get everything else, she only shook her head and went into the inn, she wasn't tanned skined with long black hair, no she was a curly red head with fair skin and slight freckles dotting her nose and high cheek bones, she had bright green eyes and was rather tall, the boots she wore didn't help matters ether, she stood at a good 5`9 in height, tho with out the boots she would be 5`8, she wore shorts that actully fit her frame with a green tank top and a cropped jacket, she yawned slightly and talked to the inn keeper first in english then in eqyption, she got two rooms and looked back to see George trying to lug everything in " George we have an early rise tomorrow" she waved her hand and grabbed her things and walked up staires with out hassle, she put them down and opened her window looking out and smiling slightly before looking back and jumping out the window and walking down the street to see the different sites of the town.

Aha! A spectacle! One always had to be marginally impressed with being at the right place and right time to watch a bit of amusement unfold right in front of your eyes. The reckless jeep, the fumbling fool, the confident little girl who, a short moment later, jumped herself free from the hotel to start he own walk of curiousity. Ha! Delightful. Strange combination in Tatcon's mind, but that was quite irrelevant really he thought as he slowly released a thin cloud of smoke from between lips. It was an obvious choice at the moment, she had made herself apparent, so why not allow one's curiousity to get the best of them and follow along for some fun and games?

Sometime later he would find the girl catching probably one of the best sights of the town, along the banks of the massive Nile River. Waiting until she would take the moment to stop, he would bring himself to stand beside her, close enough to be heard, but still enough at a distance to maintain his typically aloof attitude. "A ginger haired girl such as yourself stands out like a sore thumb around here." He said with a bemused smirk along lips, taking advantage of the fact that his pale skin, jet black hair and marginally Hispanic features would stand out just as much as his apparel and piercings. Ocean deep eyes would shift to look at her from the corner of his vision, just to see if she would react to his statement. No bet lost if she didn't, there must be other denizens of amusement around these parts, she had just made the best first impression.

She loved nights in areas like this, it was usually a beautiful sight, she was just minding her own business when she felt a presence beside her, she looked out of the corrner of her eye to see him, well well a tourist with a vibe...... just great this is just what she needed right now, the same story was gonna play over again, she would talk with him, he would do the bad boy thing she would fall for him then he would just disapper in the middle of the night when she would happen to be watching him sneak out.... the same story different place and different time, she was a sucker for this type but it always got her into trouble, what made this one any different? " Well just be glad there are not magnets around here" she thought that might of been a bit over the top but hey if he was the way she thought then he would laugh it off and insult her back, maybe walk off.

"That would have to be quite a magnet, silver doesn't normally make a point of being extremely magnetic." he replied, as she expected, "At least I'm not the one with fair skin who's going to look like a lobster by tomorrow afternoon." He said with a cocky nod and a breath of his cigarette, pushing the light gray smoke out into the polluted air that trademarked modern Cairo. "Delightful little bit of driving you were doing back there, I can see the culture of the area isn't wasted on you." He added before throwing the remains of his cigarette out into the waters of the Nile, and turning his head only marginally to look at her more fully. "And I suppose jumping from windows is part of your circus act as well? Should I be looking for posters on a show I'm missing?" He mused a little further, hands resting lazily in the pockets of his jacket.

Predictable? Quite possibly, Tatcon had a tendency of running along a predictable line of thought until a different mood would drive his a separate way. Maybe...he was prone to extremes sometimes.

She then jerked her head towards him staring at him more fully, she could see that he noticed her driving into town, hell everyone did but she didn't think anyone noticed her jumping from the window " I think we have an opening why don't you come by" she rolled her eyes and yawned slightly before turning and starting to walk back towards her inn her with arm behind her head with her eyes closed showing off her lean fit back and toned stomach, she walked away from him, she wondered if his stalker ways would kick in and follow her her highly dout it, she then heard an annoying voice calling her name " Victoria!......Victoria!" she groaned softly and looked around before darting in the other direction, George came out of the crowd looking around for her and continued on straight looking for her, she sat on top of a roof and laughed softly letting her legs dangle off the edge before pushing her wild red hair back and looking up at the sky and sighed softly leaning back on her back balancing herself out and placing her arm behind her head and closing her eyes listening to the city sounds.

He would watch her start to leave, his smirk never failing as he took in the image he suspected she was showing off intentionally. When he heard the voice of her male accompaniment, he would turn his gaze to the man, and then to her as she disappeared in a separate direction.

The fantastic thing about supernatural senses is that he was still able to pinpoint her atop a nearby building even with the hustle and bustle of the late evening tourists and home goers. While she was still laughing, she might her her friend cry out as he lost his balance..the sad result of brushing shoulders with a man that was no doubt larger and stronger than himself, and the satisfying splash of him tumbling down the hill into the river. "Terribly sorry mate, should take a better look where you're going when you're in a tizzy like that." A familiar voice would say over the crowd as some people went to help the fallen buffoon.

Tatcon, for his part, had just decided to walk along to the building where she had hidden herself, standing at the base of it and lighting another cigarette as he observed her dangling legs above him. Oh, such a creature who likes to play hard to get. Let her have her peace for a moment, he was in no particular rush. A pawn moves, and the game continues.

She heard a splash and gazed up to see her male companion, she shook her head, he was always tripping and falling into things, tho she did feel a bit sorry for the guy, but she couldn't of gotten here with out him, he was the navigator after all, she continued to lay on her back and started to gaze up at the stars for what seemed like hours before falling asleep, that wasn't intentional but she liked to sleep out doors anyway, the sounds of nature comforted her in a way that was almost sickening, she felt peaceful but there was that feeling that she would be disturbed soon and that time came in...three.....two.... "VICTORIA!" her eyes darted open and she rolled,thankfully, onto the roof, she groaned and popped her head up to see the dripping george with a sour look on his face, she only smiled and waved but threw a ball she had found up here at him in annoyance before jumping down and him glaring and poking a finger at her, he started going on and on about not taking anything seriously and not being responsable and making him look for her when she was supposed to be in her room, she tuned him out when he started and just nodded and started to look around, her eyes landed on the man she met before standing at the base of the building she was on, she jerked back to George and just walked off towards the Inn, with him at her heels now ranting about not listening to him and the like.

In her ear she might her the deep throated chuckle of a man amused by her situation, and it wasn't long before Tatcon had the small impulse to just be a small pain in the ass for the blubbering fool who this young lady had brought along with her. So, his plan was set in motion.

With George continuing to rant and rave, he would be cut short by the same shoulder that had bumped him into the river pushing him aside as Tat brought himself back to stand beside the girl. "So...you're a tourist..who brought a bigger tool of a friend along with you? my my my you are looking to be shot by some extremist group aren't you?" he said with his casual, deep voice, and to further annoy either her or this George fellow, he wrapped an arm lazily around her shoulders. "You see, that's the problem with tourism now and days, people just bring along their own culture and expect to NOT get shot. It's so amusing." He said, speaking off into the distance as if he was just giving a speech. Realistically he was talking to her, but he had his ways, Tat was never a normal bird as the sparrow flew. Looking down at her he flashed a mischievous little grin as he soon expected George to roam back in.

George stood to the side blinking slightly and his face seemed to turn red from anger, he stalked back over to them and pushed Tat away from her which was kind of odd cause of how thin and non muscular he looked... the classic geek.. but a bold one "Victoria you yourself said we need an early start, and we both don't need that pain in the ass tailing after us, and your father..." she started to wave her hands at him " oh My father can take the pole out of his ass, i don't need a baby sitter" she pushed Tat's arm off her and stood there before she walked off ignoring George and disappering in a different direction again, this time it was up and old goats path maybe George would get the hint and leave her alone till morning.

"Pain in the ass? I take objection to that." Tatcon would say in a sarcastic, off hand way since this George character was not really one who bothered him in any way. He would listen to the dialogue, and grin to himself as the girl took off in her own direction. Watching her go, he would look to George. "My oh my, ain't she a feisty one. You trying to tap that or are you just this kind of an idiot for shits and giggles?" He asked, smirk growing wider as he tried his best to just annoy this little creature.

He would wait for George to start forming a reply, before walking off himself, in a direction a bit off to the side of Victoria's own. He had taken the time to learn the place, so he knew there was more than one way to head to where she was going. Besides, geography rarely caused a problem for him. Should he come across her, he would only stay at a small distance to just observe her, for while he was a bit of a crazed individual, he always wanted to make sure that he wasn't going to get maced or stabbed for his amusements. None of it was lethal, but even to a vampire that shit hurt.

The was no way she could carry things to hurt another but her hands were lethal enough, she continued to walk through finding some new ruins that didn't interest her much, she jumped up and hoisted herself up to the top, she was light on her feet it seemed and she wasn't easily a clutz, she came upon an old table and sighed before jumping down on it and sitting quietly looking up at the moon, it was rather large tonight and rather full, casting a lunar glow on the unlit areas of Cairo, she closed her eyes and listened to everything around her, she had no idea the strange...but ammusing man was following her, she removed her jacket leaving her in her tank top exposing her shoulders and slightly toned arms she had a tattoo on her back but it was covered by her long hair so it was barely noticable, she layed back on the table and breathed evenly letting her long neck be exposed to the warm night air.

Swinging himself easily up onto one of the dilapitated walls, he would take a comfortable seat, leaning sideways against a vertical surface which hadn't fully succumbed to the curse of time.
"So, is this how you deal with all annoyances in your life girl? Wander away in the hope that they won't follow you?" He asked, amused. From this distance and vantage he was easily able to make out her soft curves even in the moonlight without having to resort to staring. Crossing his leather covered arms over his chest, he would continue to observe her for a moment longer before speaking.
"Doesn't it ever seem that your past just follows you no matter what you do? It seems the way of things I think...the more things change, the more they stay the same. Wouldn't you say?" Oh great, he was being philosophical. Compared to most, one would think that Tatcon had a tendency for talking a bit too much while most men would have muscled their way into her bed, and had their fun by now...were she a willing victim for such an exercise.
Soon, he would drop down from his perch, to walk along to the side of the table, placing his hands on the edge as he loomed over her a bit.

She heard him and a smirk played on her lips, she kept still as if not hearing him till she felt he was near her, she opened one eye and looked up to see him, she stared for a moment before closing her eyes and turning her head up " humm, he is the only annoyance in my life, and your soon growing on that line, why on earth do you keep following me" she asked him with her eyes still closed and her breathing deep " i can honestly say that i am not interesting, and ether you find me interesting or your just following me around because you have nothing else better to do and your just trying to annoy me" she pushed some of her hair out of her face and turned back to him again before sitting up and spining around and sitting indian style letting her hair fall around her face and her eyes landing on him while waiting for an answer.

He wouldn't move from his perch even when she moved, not really phased if that brought her into a position what some would call uncomfortably close. He grinned, and even gave a small chuckle as she asked her questions. "You may not see yourself as entertaining, but you do have this amusing way of disappearing and jumping off and/or out of buildings, so compared to most girls who I've seen wandering the streets, you are indeed more interesting, if only for your folly." He answered first, before standing himself up straight, starting to walk slowly around the table, to see if she would turn along with him, or make the mistake of dropping her defenses.

"And your observation is not wrong to a certain degree; indeed I don't have anything better to do. I'm here on vacation, I've seen everything I've already wanted to see, so you must understand that your theatrics when you rolled into town provided me with the perfect fuel to spark my curiousity. And you're cute, which might be another mistake for you being so overt in your adventurings." He added as his smirk grew a bit in amusement, dark blue optics once again turning to capture hers in his gaze.

She indeed did spin to follow him and watched that smirk play on his face " and what more would entice your curiosity of me?" she asked this and gave him her own smirk, she found him interesting and oddly creepy...she liked it, but he was going to get her into trouble and thats the last thing she needed, but she could seem to shake him off, so maybe if she knew what would entice him she could do the opposite to get him to leave her alone, she was here for something and she wasn't going to let someone like him get in her way.

"Why are you here?" He would ask, redirecting away her question, ignoring it while at the same time avoiding the implications such a question into his motivations might inspire. He really was just acting on idle curiousity at the moment, his own nature coupled with her attractive was usually a combination that went poorly. But, that was him at times. Still, there was a moment, when he had asked a question, that one of his fingers had took advantage of her sitting position to run along her lower leg. It was just for a moment, a casual stroke to play a small game. Fond of games this one was.

She noted the casual stroke and took note, he was toying with her, was chasing her a game to him as well, " humm one does not answer a question with another" she said and continued to watch him closely she was enticed now to figure out what he was up to and why he was up to it, she will find out and if not then what difference would it make to her, she would leave in a week, she wanted to explore the tomb, she knew there was something down there according to the book in her bag in her room, she was now bored with the game he was playing and moved to get off the table to get back to the Inn and leave him.

As she shifted to move off the table, he hand came up and press against her stomach, stopping her from proceeding in her escape. His eyes had shifted from the ocean blue they had been before to darker shade of gray as he looked at her, though the same arrogant grin had graced his lips. "I am a predator, and you're my prey. That is my curiousity." He would say carefully, slowly and deeply, before shifting his hand away from her stomach. "Enjoy your tomb." He said quietly, and with a final glance of his mischevious grin, he would place his hands among his pockets, and start a slow walk away.

"Keep your wits about you tomorrow night. Who knows who you might run into in the dusty streets of Cairo." He chuckled lightly, jumping himself out of the ruins and up to the path which she had taken to enter this place.

She stopped and watched him... listened to him, a predetor was he?... prey was she? oh hell no, she narrowed the briliant green hues and waited for a moment before climbing up to get out of this place and head back to the Inn, she sighed softly and placed her hand ont he back of her neck and moved her head around before entering the Inn and climbing the staires, she collapsed on the bed and sighed softly, she got up and moved to her bag and pulled out an old book, she carefully opened it and flipped through looking at the symbols and pictures, she smiled slightly and placed it next to her before going to bed.

The next morning she was up around at dawn , moving outside to shower, she was a bit self preserved and this was a bit over the top, thankfully the showers were high enough and it was hot enough for cold water, she placed her stuff in the shower and drapped her clothes and towel over the side and turned on the shower, she sighed softly and started to wash her hair trying to spare as little shampoo and conditioner as possible, she was her face and body before turning off the shower and dried her hair and body quickly before she started to dress in clean clothes, she had a pair of small shorts on and a tank top, she sighed softly and sat outside letting her legs dangle off the roof letting her wet hair dry by the hot air, which worked because her hair curled up easily and now she looked wind swept, she pulled out her sun glasses and placed them on the bridge of her nose before looking down to see George walking out to shower and she laughed softly " your late to get up George, we should of already left" she called down at him and started to pull her socks up her legs and started to lace up her boots while talking with him.

Tatcon, for his part would have to hide away from the blazing sun which arched itself into the hot Egyptian sky very early in the day. That had to be his biggest complaint, he didn't have nearly enough time to enjoy an evening before he had to go to bed again. Oh well, the tomb he had meandered his way into was cool and dark so he couldn't really complain all that much at the moment. All there was now, was closing his eyes, and wait.

Always waiting it seemed, when time meant nothing.

After everything was said and done and the insults for the day were out of the way, they were darting towards where the tomb was supposed to be, she drove quickly and expertly, she stopped at the base of the pyramid and gazed at it while george was babbling away while looking at the book she had, she climbed out of the jeep and walked towards the entrance of the tomb and looked around feeling up the walls and wrinkling her nose slightly, she was good at solving stuff like this, she went over and took the book from george and flipped through it quickly but gently, she came upon a page and grined before running her fingers over a few symbols and murrmered a few words in the ancient language softly before jumping back slightly to find the door open, she blinked slightly and looked back a george who was jumping up at down for her not to go it " oh just stay with the car George ill be fine" she tossed him a walky talky and climbed into the tomb the door closing auto matticly, she gasped and turned to look back at it before wrinkling her nose slightly in the pitch blackness of the tomb, she turned on her flashlight and sighed softly walking through and turning her light on the different things on the wall, she had no idea she wasn't alone.

The sound the door made as it opened and closed was an agitation that Tatcon did not want to deal with when he was suppose to be sleeping. Opening his eyes, his supernatural senses outlined his room in the dark, and along the walls of the approaching staircase, he could see the bobbing of an approaching flashlight, and a beating heart. Slowly shifting to bring himself to a standing position, he would make a slow scan of the room to see where he could hide until he had a better idea as to whether or not this person was here to kill him, or here by mistake.

After a few seconds contemplation, he had carefully placed his jacket in one of the many vases in the room, and took to climbing the wall beside the door as best he could, using very limited hand holds to keep himself pressed against the wall just a bit off to the side and above the door. It was the best he could do, but it allowed him a workable vantage point to see who had came into the tomb he was renting.

her light flashed over a door way and she couldn't help herself, she turned and moved easily into the door way and moved her light over the area, she was probably easy for him to see which wouldn't be suprising, she moved in and walked a few feet away from the door way and continued to move, she stopped in the middle of the room and turned her light down at the book she held in her arm, she turned the page gently and shined the light over the pages, she also started to talk to you herself looking at the page and looking around the room, she smirked and went over to the wall and blew the webs off and shined the light on it before taking both hands and pushing down on the brick that sunk in slowly, the entire room light up dimly but you could still see, she didn't turn around immediatly but she did move over to a large rock and sat down turning off her flashlight and looking through the book again.

Once she had passed into his view, he would watch her moves with interest, trying to avoid the steal eliminating chuckle which he wanted to blurt out at the sheer hilarity of the situation. Yes, he had known that she had come here to search tombs, of that her mind had made painfully clear the evening previous, however what he didn't know is that she had picked his hotel room to satisfy her curiousity of times immemorial. He would wait until she sat down before he would move quietly from his hiding spot. Then, moving quickly, he would grab her by the shoulders and pin her back against the wall nearest to her, assuming of course she didn't notice him, and move out of the way in the nick of time.

Either way he would look at her with his sky blue eyes with a glare that was really quite piercing, though the grin on his lips would most certain show that he wasn't planning on killing her, despite the threatening manner in which he had approached her.
"Damn amazing coincidence that I find you down here in the tomb I'm using as a home? Not even I would have predicted such a funny turn of events." he said, and even in the dim light she could easily see the extensive tribal tattoo work running down from his fingers and over his forearms until the disappeared under his somewhat dusty black tee shirt.

Back
Top Bottom