Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

DELETE

Blood pounded in his ears as he ran, something, he was being chased. All he could remember was a severe pain in his leg, a 'crack' sound and him falling. He was them grabbed up and chained in the back of what he assumed was a train, by the sound of it. The steam powered engine hurt his ears. He was quite a long ways from home he had imagined, taken to a lab, studied. It wasn't until he sprung his escape that he was sure his life was over. Something wizzed past his head and slammed into a tree. Looking at it he could tell it was a cross-bow bolt and that it had some type of shiney liquid on it's tip. "What did I ever do to you?" He shouted, running away from the men that were chasing him. The men were fully armed, seemingly in some type of metal armor, also slicked in the same shiney residue. Damien panted and quickly rounded around a tree, pressing his back into it. He saw a small ravine and decided that death would be better than this madness. Studied for about 4 years, he was done. He bolted towards the cliff and dove off of it straight into the dark depths of the river below. Soon he was swept with the current, forced under it by the undertow. He thought his life was completely over as the blackness overtook his vision. Little did the boy with white hair know, he had washed up on land that he had once belonged to before his pack moved to a new location. Now, away from his home, with no where to go, he would wander. As he hit the water he had crashed against some of the rocks below, causing him to be knocked unconscious for a short period of time. He soon washed up on shore and attempted to stand. He had a concussion and it was making it incredibly difficult to walk. He managed a couple of steps, panting softly. He was hungry, dazed, and scared. Soon he found himself leaning with his hand against a tree, panting and wishing he knew where he was. His vision swirled and down he went, into the leaves under the tree. He was dressed in rags, whatever the scientists could afford to dress him in.

He still had his families crest hanging from his neck on a gold chain, it bore the crest of the one that was hunted viciously in these lands. He panted softly and attempted to push himself from the ground but only collapsed once more. In the last bit of strength, he was able to roll onto his back before passing out. His white hair caressed over his face, a small black streak slid just above his nose. His cheek length hair plastered against his face. Soft blue eyes were hidden behind heavy lids and he struggled to breathe properly. His lungs had filled with water and he was slowly edging towards the dark abyss that he had once crawled out of, or so people said. With a couple of shallow breaths, the young 15 year old boy, scared and alone, attempted to let himself fade and end the pain that burned in his lungs, and his head.

RE: You're a... (Me and Sencreeya.)

Along the lands of this great world is was not uncommon to see a group of men setting up camp along a clearing, the hoisted sacks, bags and tents off of horses brought firewood from the woods and sat polishing and reloading weapons as well as eating and drinking while reminiscing about the day or night before not forgetting to rib someone good when they tried to boast or take full credit. Ah the life of a hunter but not for game or even furs no, these men hunted beast creatures of discourse that needed to be purged from this earth. There was a deep dislike and even furious hate against werewolves’ especially since their betrayal was told from generation to generation. Now, they did not hate all unhuman creatures some they used to help them, some even pitied the beings of vampire dissent so they used those creatures to help them in their endeavor.

Lazarus Coffin (Har, har) was a teen vampire who was taken pity upon and raised by these group of hunters, his natural and developing powers were better than any hound dog. Yet he was treated much better than any dog which was much appreciated to say the least. Magenta orbs locked on the birds flying about him, their wings flapping in the cloud covered sky, he liked the sky this way the best, it meant the sun was blocked up and even if he did not come close to dying on contact it still could be an unpleasant element. He kept on his trek to the river nearby knowing not to wonder to far a few birds seemed to be dropping nearby that point curious now since animals could find many things and tell all sorts of stories, Lazarus went to see what all the fuss was about.

What he saw made him rush faster, a form down and out in the grass. Instinct had him unsheafing a knife but as he got closer he put it away and dropped to his knees placing his hands near the boy’s side yet not touching him. He let himself look, noticing the boy's condition was not good and his hair was a nice color very pale to his own dark blue locks that was long held back in a long braid along his back, "What harmed you?" Came the whispered question as if he expected an answer but knew none would come since the boy seemed thoroughly passed out seeing there was no waking the boy and it would not be good too, Lazarus took out a whistle and taking some spaces away blew it a signal for help but he blew a tune that said it was urgent but not fight wise.

Kneeling back down, Lazarus hovered over the boy taking out his handkerchief and wiping at the boys wounds only to have to wet the cloth in the river to get the dry blood to get off of his flesh, "You won't have to fear anymore I'll...mmm? What is this?" His fingers and caught the necklace eyes going over it in a curious manner before they widened in pure shock, "No, this can’t be right...." His hand dropped the locket and pushed pasted the hair to the back of the neck to unclasp the chain once he had it, he slipped it in the side of his boot for later...to, to figure it out later.

"Don't fear," He began again hearing footsteps come closer as his call got a response, "I'll protect you." Lazarus seemed to promise the unconscious figure laying before him.

Damien had no way of knowing that he was being rescued, but for some reason he suddenly felt safe. Through the unconciousness he could pick up little things going on around him, mostly the sound of another guy. He couldn't make out anything that was being said other than 'I'll protect you' as his conciousness faded in and out. Soon, the boy was lifted into someones arms and carried home. The hunters nodded to Lazarus and took the boy into their care. It took a couple days for the boy to completely recover before finally opening his blue orbs to gaze around the room. His head was bandaged and he was in a room with a bed, a dresser and a lantern hung on the wall. He slowly at up, immediately regretting doing so as his body burned with soreness as he pushed himself to stand. He didn't know where he was but he knew he needed to get out. Heaving himself to the door he managed to place his hand against the frame and tried to open the door, to no avail it seemed to be locked from the other side. Fear coursed through him as he continued to try the door. LIttle did the young pup know, he had only been sealed in for his protection while the hunters were out, they hadn't meant to scare him. He quickly reeled back away from the door and moved to the windows. Barred. He attempted to touch the metal and yelped as he pulled back his hand. The metal was coated with the same liquid the captors had. He feared he was back with them and went over to hide under the bed as footsteps came towards the door, halting and followed by a jingle of keys as the door slowly slid open.
"Child, where are you?" A soft, female voice asked.
Damien took the chance to move from cover, bolt towards the woman and shoot past her out the door. He didn't get far though, as he ran into a very solid figure, a bit taller than he was. The first thing that came to his sight was the clothing the individual wore. The next thing, he was male. And the final two things were his facial features, magenta eyes and a lightly shaded blue hair. His eyes met with Lazarus's as the woman picked herself up from the ground. "My My... hyper aren't you...." She said softly. "We aren't here to hurt you..." She said.
Damien was visibly shaking like a leaf, holding his hand to him to hide the burn that was slowly healing on his hand.

Lazarus explained how he found Damien as he dutifully followed the man he knew as "father" back to the site. After discovering the boy they fixed him up as best as the could. Lazarus volunteered his services even if was simple as wetting the rag or staying the room when someone had to go fetch something for the unconscious boy. Lazarus sat on a chair adjacent to the bed. He sat silently and alert watching the steady pattern of the boy's chest go up and down, he made some noise but not much same with movement. Lazarus suspected he had to be in his earlier teens maybe a few years than him. He was a bit hesitant to leave, something about this from laying in the bed was intriguing him plus that seal......he still held it on his person, of course he was allowed his privacy but he had a bit of anxiety if he left it hidden it might be found somehow, so he kept it close on his person making sure it was secure when he helped in the hunts.

Lazarus even took a few extra minutes to examine the newly dead kill the day that Damien woke up from his slumber and found the same insignia that Damien had around his neck, not in the same way, but the markings were identical. It made the blue haired seventeen year old wonder what he was doing? And why? He supposed the last thing the boy needed was to be harmed without judgement, and even growing up hating the sworn enemy....something about this kid was....yet again just intriguing. His eyes a bit unfocused and far off due to being deep in his own head, something slammed into him falling and knocking him back into reality. He blank down at the form that had been so far still and unmoving, now was wake and those blue eyes looked terrified. He gave the woman a glance to see that she was alright before squatting in front of the trembling boy,

"It's alright, no need to fear, you are with good people now, safe." His voice was rather deep and soothing as a light smile lifted his lips, he lightly reached out his hand just showing it to the trembling form, "You have been unconscious for about two days, I found you by a tree, we have fixed up your wounds but you will still need to rest and heal." He spoke on in the same comforting tone, "Come," He offered his hand again, "There is nothing to fear but again, I'll keep you safe."

Damien was scared until he gazed into those magenta eyes, immediately feeling a bit better as the man told him he was safe. "... Thank you..." She said. "You found me?" He looked up at him, his magenta eyes had such a calming effect on the boy. "Thank you..." He repeated... He watched the man extend his hand and tilted his head slightly. He slowly raised his hand and placed it into the other mans. "Are we...going somewhere?" He asked softly. A smile spread slowly over his face as he followed the male, wondering where they were headed.

A quiet chuckle edged to be heard out of his lips as the boy calmed down thanking him, "Not at all, and I did, we brought you to safety." He assured again smiling even fuller as his hand was taken, he slowed his pace down a to stride alongside the other teen before effortlessly sweeping him off his feet and holding him bridal style against his chest magenta eyes looked that into blue, "I still don't want you exerting yourself and I would think you are hungry so yes, we are going somewhere, nowhere exciting though." He kept up a steady even stride to not jostle his company much, "My name is Lazarus," He introduced as they rounded into a nice looking kitchen he sat the boy back on his feet near a chair, "And you are?" He asked in his smooth tone smile on lips.

Damien let out a small 'meep' sound as he was picked up, clinging to the older man as if his life depended on it. He looked up into his eyes and blinked. He was not expecting him to lift the small boy off his feet, but that was exactly what he did! "Yes... I'm hungry, but why are you carrying me?" He whined, holding onto him, but he didn't really mind that he was carrying him, more of the sudden pick-up. He listened to him as he was told what the mans name was. He had a great name, Damien really liked it. "My name is..." He started to say, taking a seat and wincing slightly. They surely did a number on him at that lab. "...I hurt." He said softly, holding his ribs. He was quite malnourished - they didn't exactly feed them that well at the lab.

Lazarus found the little noise out of Damien's mouth really amusing and chuckled inwardly a bit as the boy seemed to whine a bit but not really put up a struggle in the slightest to be let loose, "Good we have plenty of food, anything you have a taste for?" The vampire hunter asked as he set him down lightly he surmised the boy was underweight as he carried him, he was much to thin. Walking to the fridge he took out some water and pour it into a cup as Damien seemed to try and recall his name or something, but got distracted by the pains that had been inflected on him. Bringing the glass over, he set it on the table sliding it more towards him, "Hm? That is an odd name, but nice to meet you either way," His tone was obviously joking as he pushed back some blue hair, "I know you are sore, I can get you something for that in a moment, I promise."

He laughed at the joke and shook his head. "My name is Damien..." he looked over at him. "How can you do something?" He asked softly, wondering just what it was he could do. "They did things that... I don't think can be fixed..." he said. He didn't seem to like talking about it. "I like... Meat?" He said. "red meat..."

Lazarus only smiled more when he got a laugh from the other boy, "Damien, what a nice name." He complimented before frowning gently when the boy put out a little information but not much, "Well, I am no healer, but I can ease your aches with a trick I've learned from natives," He nodded as Damien said red meat they had plenty of that, "Coming up." The kitchen was soon filled with sounds of pans and sizzling meat making the aroma dance into the air, "I am not sure about the trials you went through, Damien or all that I can do, but I can at least say, you are free from it as of now." He looked over at Damien with a determination in his features as he looked over the boy the hidden crest he had on himself feeling heavy at the moment.

But at that moment, he really did not care for whatever he may be, no one deserved the state he found the boy.

Damien licked his lips as the meat started cooking. When he started talking to him he frowned a little. "You don't want to know the things I went through..." he said softly. He looked over at him, "How can you possibly protect me against them... even my parents couldn't..." he snapped. "I...I don't mean to be rude..." he said, realizing he had just been quite disrespectful towards the man that had just saved him. "Sorry..." he said, looking down at his hands in his lap. "I just don't think you know what you're up against."

( Little twist in here for you ;3 you know how I am with twists )

(Twist and turns are exciting)

Lazarus turned when Damien started talking understanding that he probably could not understand what the smaller teen had been through, he did flinch as the white haired boy became agitated at him frustrated on how Lazarus was going to protect him thinking he was in over his head or something along the lines of that, he walked over to the boy squatting down and placing one hand over both of the boys which rested in his lap, "I don't think I would but if you ever wanted to talk about it, I would listen never-the-less." Lazarus looked up into those blue orbs, "As for protecting you, maybe I have no idea what I am getting into and I am sorry for your past its sounds dreadful already, but..." He touched Damien's left cheek with two fingers to lift it a bit so they were looking at each other, "I have a ace up my sleeve as well, its not really a secret, but I happened to be a vampire and a very good hunter not to brag."

Damien looked at his hands, placed neatly on his lap as he looked down. the man moved over in front of him, squatting at eye-height. He slowly looked up as Laz placed his hands down on Damiens and spoke softly. He would listen to Damien if he wanted to talk and furthermore, he had a secret, and it didn't stay a secret long as Laz came out and told him what he was. This should have caused the child to be happy but it elicited quite the opposite, quite unwanted response as he quickly moved from his chair and backed away from him. The lab, it was run by his kind, so he wasn't saved after all was he, no, just moved to a new location. "Is this another cruel test..." He said, accusing Lazarus of being 'with' those creatures that had hurt him for so many years. They were vampires, this man, a vampire. He couldn't trust him, not after all of that... He backed away towards the kitchen counter his hand wrapping over the knife that was sitting on the counter. His hand grasped it and held it to him, his entire body in fight or flight mode, leaning more towards flight but he didn't know if he could run anymore.

Lazarus was surprised as Damien pretty much jumped and jerked from his seat looking pale and freaked out, Lazarus took a deep breath knowing his kind was not always welcome in this world the feeling of rejection sort of coursed inside of him making his smile drop into a frown as crease lines showed his sadness for a moment as he slowly stood up but did not make a move towards Damien, he saw the way his muscles were tensed up and the way his body language spoke how fearful he was taking a deep breath the magenta eyed vampire focused his eyes into those blue depths and shook his head slowly denying the words or question that Damien asked, "No. This is no test or anything cruel." He was unsure if he could convince the boy but did not want to set him off into a panic, he saw the knife of course but only flicked his eyes at it still standing still and calm, "The ones that hurt you, more deeply than how I found you, they are vampires. I am a hunter, I hunt those who cause mayhem and discord those who need to be taken out, even my own kind sometimes....put the knife down and I will promise to pick it up myself and plunge it into whoever caused you so many woes beating heart."

Damien considered attacking him, but he also considered the fact that if he did, undoubtedly it would end with his death. Damien didn't know what the man was, but he was partly sure he could trust him. Slowly, his hand un-grasped the weapon and he shook. With the knife out of his hand he then collapsed on the floor, clearly a mental mess from the whole ordeal. He looked up at him, pulling his knees to his chest, wrapping his arms around his legs, his eyes trained on Lazarus. A vampire. He was a vampire. He was also a hunter.. How was any of this even possible? Was he really here to help Damien? Damien attempted to move to stand but soon he started to cough roughly.

Lazarus stood still as to not provoke Damian any further after he said his piece, he knew trust did not come easy to say the least, but he was hoping for enough not to get attack his mind shifted ever so slightly to the boy's food grateful he turned it down on low before this all started even if it had been only a long stretch of tense minutes. The boy's limbs tremored shaking him to the floor as he crumpled into a little ball of mental exhausted it started effecting his physical form even more as Damien began hacking up a storm. Moving quicky, the water at the table was to the boy's lips as Lazarus lightly supported him rubbing and patting his chest when the cough let up he spoke softly, "Drink, it will help a little. Than you can eat some, and I am still going to keep my word and help some of your aches, after that, you can decide how you feel, but right now, I am going to take care of you."

Damien flinched when he came close but it seemed the man was just giving him water. He glanced up at him and allowed Lazarus to give him a drink while he listened to him. Lazarus moved in a position that the boy was leaning against him. He was close to completely passing out because of both lack of sleep and lack of nutrients. His eyes started to blurr as he leaned back into Lazarus who was saying for him to drink, eat, then he would help him but Damien attempted to open his mouth and tell him that he didn't feel well before his condition got the better of him and he leaned against him and all but passed out. Being skin and bones had too many downsides, and right now it was hurting him to be so mal-nutritioned. The only thing that was keeping the poor boy from completely passing out was fear of dying.

Lazarus felt pretty much all of Damien's weight collapse on to him, his more than skinny frame jabbed slightly into him as he helped the boy drink. The poor younger looked one step away from wasting in his very hold, "We need to get food in you but something easier for now." He pretty much spoke to himself since Damien seemed phased out right now. Taking a more steady pace in picking the boy up, the balanced him against his chest and shoulder in one arm as he rooted for what he was looking for. Finally sitting in the chair Damien had long since abandoned, Lazarus positioned the boy in his lap and started feeding and coaxing soup down his windpipe.

Damien was coaxed into eating some broth that lazarus was all but forcing down the boys throat. He groaned and drank the stuff down. It wasn't till he was holding the boy that he would have been able to see just how in bad shape the boys body was. Once he finished the soup Damien could feel a little of his strength returning, but hardly any. He sat in Lazarus's arms before he slowly started to fall asleep.

Lazarus feed the boy in till the soup was gone setting it aside he watched the boy's face get drowsy and watched him as he faded into sleep. He could partially feel the younger's bones through his clothing as he got up supporting the boy in a cradle in his strong arms. Walking slowly, he returned Damien to his room. Sitting back on his chair, but scooting it a bit closer to the bed, he was determined to see that the kid stayed breathing.

Damien was out for a few days as his body recovered, the little bit of food helped him to restore some of his strength. When he woke up next to Lazarus he looked over. "How long...was I out?" He asked softly.

Lazarus was back on tending duty with Damien but this time taking more of an active role only leaving when he was needed for the hunt. He kept his focus sharp when he was out, but in the back of his mind was a pocket of worry/wondering for Damien. In a few days time, those blue orbs opened back up to life turning towards him, Lazarus straightened from his elbows to knees and hand cuffing his cheek to give the boy a smile, "And a hello to you," He chuckled feeling a relief in his chest, "About two days, how do you feel." Lazarus brust white hair away and felt his forehead.

(You okay? Am I not giving enough to respond back too?)

Lazarus could tell this somewhat from looking at the boy, his body could beseen to have gained weigh which was a good thing, it made him even more curious to what his species ensued of, did they heal faster like Vampires? Funny how he knew little about his mainly hunted prey only how to take them down and here was one sitting right beside him in a bed.....

"You seem to be doing better, how about some more food? I remade your meal you never got to eat a few days prior."

Sencreeya said:
(You okay? Am I not giving enough to respond back too?)

Lazarus could tell this somewhat from looking at the boy, his body could beseen to have gained weigh which was a good thing, it made him even more curious to what his species ensued of, did they heal faster like Vampires? Funny how he knew little about his mainly hunted prey only how to take them down and here was one sitting right beside him in a bed.....

"You seem to be doing better, how about some more food? I remade your meal you never got to eat a few days prior."

( lmao - I posted on the toilet and only 5 of the like.... paragraph I wrote went through XD thats the last time I post from my phone >.> )

Back
Top Bottom